Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just missed coupons that have stacked before?
Yes. There's many stacking coupons. However crafted coupons don't stack.

Non-stacking coupons have this "Can't be applied with other discounts." in description.

Mostly smaller -10%/-20% coupons, but there are at least -50/-75% Endless Space coupons that do stack.

Yes. There's many stacking coupons. However crafted coupons don't stack.

Non-stacking coupons have this "Can't be applied with other discounts." in description.

Mostly smaller -10%/-20% coupons, but there are at least -50/-75% Endless Space coupons that do stack.
Thanks. I must have either not gotten those types of coupons or gotten them when there was no sale on those games.

I thought I read somewhere it is a legal thing with horse meat in the US, and that we actually slaughter and process horse meat here to ship to other countries. I also heard the FDA was considering changing that or something.
Yes we do. However from 2007-2010 Congress prohibited horse meat inspections, effectively shutting down slaughtering horses for meat. It was proposed to defund horse meat inspections again.

Horse meat is actually quite healthy, being low in fat. Horses are not raised for meat consumption due to the poor conversion rate of pound of feed to pound of horse (and their higher quality diet needs).

The problem with horse meat is some of the veterinary drugs used on them, particular late in life, and especially in race horses. These drugs can be harmful to humans.

When isn't CAG running slow?
CAG 2.0 (sometimes)

These two look interesting. I'd like them.

Also, I have (finally) felt like I have asked for too much without a single donation and now I feel like a leech. No, don't try convincing me otherwise! It's true! So I'm down for a donation. But I can't get to a secure computer until tomorrow or Tuesday, so keep those donations open!
Sent and hurray!

I will be fundraising through October 25th, though the donation page will be open partway through November.

Thanks snakey for feeding my game addiction! Grabbed everything but Sweet Lily Dreams as I already had it!

Edit: Been needing to hand these out so now is a good a time as any.

Inescapable - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=44244682161c11e4869e07d23731fc66

HOARD Complete Pack - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=51d65cb8161c11e49f6207d23731fc66

Toki Tori 2+ - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=5feba447161c11e48ad407d23731fc66

Paradigm Shift - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=78d55238161c11e49a056dffe7db4cb3

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=866b8b38161c11e481946dffe7db4cb3

Cognition: Episode One - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=96c7ba9c161c11e49b896dffe7db4cb3

Thanky, Thanky

Thanks snakey for feeding my game addiction! Grabbed everything but Sweet Lily Dreams as I already had it!

Edit: Been needing to hand these out so now is a good a time as any.

HOARD Complete Pack - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=51d65cb8161c11e49f6207d23731fc66
Thanky

Thanky

Great! Now I feel like such a B**CH

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Lume
  • C-Rush
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Soulbringer
  • GEARCRACK Arena
  • Gun Metal
  • Syberia II
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe
  • Worms Pinball
  • Tidalis
  • Plain Sight
  • Little Racers STREET
  • Bioshock
  • Miner Wars Arena

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends

Donate to Seattle Children's at my Extra Life page here to get on the donor list and help some kids.
CONTEST

Starting tonight at midnight American PST (Gaben time) and going for 24 hours, I will match dollar for dollar any donations made to this charity, up to a secret maximum amount (told only to Dr Sasquatch). It's a secret so people don't just give up after the limit is hit. In addition, anyone who donates at least $5 during the 24 hour period gets a free game off my bundle leftover list.
Contest is live. Below is the starting point. You all have less than 24 hours to give!

New donor only list:

• Turba
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Adventures of Shuggy
  • Lead and Gold
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Strategic War In Europe
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Ravensword: Shadowlands
  • Rock of Ages
  • Ignite
  • Jets'n Guns Gold
  • Steel & Steam: Episode 1
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory

Get on that donor list by making a donation to Seattle Children's Hospital right now! Any donations for the next 24 hours or so will be matched by the peerless Travathian! Go team! Swing by my Extra Life page and help some kids! Then get some games! Whee!

I went to donate live on stream to show my viewers how to do it after getting a few complaints that it seemed like a scam. Certificate for the site was old. Hopefully the error will be fixed later this week because I think that scared everybody on the stream from donating. I'll try getting them to donate again when it gets fixed, but it may be rough. It was a very awkward moment.

CONTEST

Starting tonight at midnight American PST (Gaben time) and going for 24 hours, I will match dollar for dollar any donations made to this charity, up to a secret maximum amount (told only to Dr Sasquatch). It's a secret so people don't just give up after the limit is hit. In addition, anyone who donates at least $5 during the 24 hour period gets a free game off my bundle leftover list.
This is a really cool thing to do. Well done.

I went to donate live on stream to show my viewers how to do it after getting a few complaints that it seemed like a scam. Certificate for the site was old. Hopefully the error will be fixed later this week because I think that scared everybody on the stream from donating. I'll try getting them to donate again when it gets fixed, but it may be rough. It was a very awkward moment.
The certificate looks good from here.

Extra Life has been working with Children's Miracle Network for a few years, and CMN has a 4 out of 4 star rating on Charity Navigator. You can search for Extra Life on the CMN page and find all kinds of stuff.

I guess I could +1.

Edit: Btw, does donating again count towards Trav's x2 deal?
Yes, you could.

And yes it does!

Can I get this one please Doc? Gracias ;)
Yes you can!

I'll field this one.

Indie devs are enthusiasts. They like games. They like games enough that they learned to make them as a hobby, and they became decent (not going to say good) enough at the craft to make something that they decided was finished enough to market.

But the experience gained in learning to create a game doesn't apply at all to marketing or distributing a game. All of the trials and errors that were involved in the process that led to creating a game were done in private. Being a businessperson is a public endeavor. While it's just as much a learning experience, the mistakes and failures don't occur in private any longer.

Indie devs shouldn't be expected to know how to handle a game release. That doesn't excuse the worst decisions, but it's worth asking, what did you expect?

The other side of things is the businessperson who decides to go into games. There you have someone who knows that manually distributing things to every customer or putting your one and only product out there in a bundle for "exposure" without a way to monetize anything afterward is Shaq-fuing ridiculous. But then you have the same ignorance of the actual development side and ask your team to make something comparable to GTA in under two months because other genres can pump out games in that time.

TLDR: It's unfortunate when people who are good at one thing are either forced into or decide they're just as qualified for taking on some other role that is completely beyond their abilities.
Or he could just be an asshole.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92920386/846958223146404843/

Either way, he's dug his own grave and it's nobody's fault but his own.

New donor only list:

• Turba
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Adventures of Shuggy
  • Lead and Gold
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Strategic War In Europe
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Ravensword: Shadowlands
  • Rock of Ages
  • Ignite
  • Jets'n Guns Gold
  • Steel & Steam: Episode 1
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory

Get on that donor list by making a donation to Seattle Children's Hospital right now! Any donations for the next 24 hours or so will be matched by the peerless Travathian! Go team! Swing by my Extra Life page and help some kids! Then get some games! Whee!
Could I get Jets and Guns please?

Contest is live. Below is the starting point. You all have less than 24 hours to give!
So I guess DrR0Ck = reading fail. When I saw the initial match announcement, I made another donation. Did not realize the offer was not yet live.

Regardless, I was happy to make the donation.

lol the guy even edited his old post from over a year ago?

Man he really is trying isn't he.
Because nobody on the internet would ever take a screenshot. :roll:

I'm even fine with him editing it to add on his reasons why he is changing his mind about giving the keys, not that I agree with it but if he wants to expand on the old post to clarify his point of view fine. What's not fine is deleting stuff he previously said when promises were made. There's also no point because several people already said they took screenshots before he even deleted it so why bother?

*Edit: Never mind. He left the original at the top. I was expecting it at the bottom for some reason. Hey, It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet. :headache: Still a dumb move though in my opinion but I guess he's explaining himself.

Oh and re: what Dpsycho said, Indie devs aren't business people. Yeah, I get that. But they can learn and make an effort or if they are unwilling, unable or just not good with that sort of thing and/or aren't people people there are small publishers like KISS that will take on indie games and handle that sort of stuff for them. Of course you have to pay them but that's the way the world works.

In this case the guy seems unwilling and unable to properly promote his game so paying someone else to do that probably would have resulted in more sales and definitely would have resulted in less resentment and hard feelings from past buyers.

You can give money to charity and get games from me! ;)
Or you could give money to charity and get games from me and him! See below.

CONTEST

Again, see below.

Steam keys for Frayed Knights are now available at Bundle in a Box if you bought the Indie RPG bundle.
The BiaB page still works? Good to know. Oh yeah... further below for charity.

Interested in one of the games in the upper tiers of the Squeenix Humble Bundle but don't want to pay the full tier price?? Now's your chance to (maybe) get it on the cheap!! The turnout for Rounds 1 and 2 were so good, I bought another full bundle, all of the purchase going straight to Make-A-Wish!! Everything is up for grabs this time, including the Hitman games and Lara Croft!

Check it out here.
So after $45 to Make-A-Wish for 3 bundles (plus whatever the bonus games earn upon tomorrow's reveal), this round, we're going to mix it up. Same format, short auction for all the games in the Square Enix Humble Bundle, but this time, the total earned will be donated to DocSquatch before Midnight Traviathan time tonight. If you make any purchase from my auction, I'll make sure you get on Dr. Sasquatch's list of donors. Basically, you're donating to him through me, and getting a game for your trouble. Check out the link in my quote to start the bidding!

I'll field this one.

Indie devs are enthusiasts. They like games. They like games enough that they learned to make them as a hobby, and they became decent (not going to say good) enough at the craft to make something that they decided was finished enough to market.

But the experience gained in learning to create a game doesn't apply at all to marketing or distributing a game. All of the trials and errors that were involved in the process that led to creating a game were done in private. Being a businessperson is a public endeavor. While it's just as much a learning experience, the mistakes and failures don't occur in private any longer.
One shouldn't need trial and error to learn that not giving something that was promised is going to backfire, especially with no other reputation earned. The best thing for him to take from it would have been to suck up the fact that he didn't make any money from his game because of his bad decisions, but now he still won't make money and he has a bunch of ticked off people.

It could just be me though, but how many people will actually remember the publisher or even look if he makes another game that looks interesting? I don't think it will totally ruin his chances because I think (rightly or wrongly) that most people are like me in that regard. I'll probably forget about it after a week tbh.

It could just be me though, but how many people will actually remember the publisher or even look if he makes another game that looks interesting? I don't think it will totally ruin his chances because I think (rightly or wrongly) that most people are like me in that regard. I'll probably forget about it after a week tbh.
The internet doesnt forget though. Any time this dev has another game, or a sale, or basically anything new, you can count that there will be a forum post in that game saying not to buy it because of his previous actions.

May I have one of these? Please?
Can I get these two please? Thanks!

Added another $5 to the total! Great thing that you're doing travathian!
Could I get Jets and Guns please?
Sent, sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent.

Have fun with those!

Everyone remember to donate today to get your donation matched by the distinguished and admirable Travathian! The page do so is right over here at my Extra Life page.

In addition, anyone who donates 25 dollars today gets to pick a game for me to stream for at least an hour. And 50 dollars or more will get you three hours! And that will go all the way through to the end of this thing, but if you donate today, I will let you pick two games (4 for 50) and I will play them each for an hour or more live on Twitch and probably posted on Youtube or something, as long as I can figure out the recording and stuff. Fun!

In other topics... I just noticed something very strange in the Steam database: Three of the four Dreamcast Collection games (Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Crazy Taxi)... have received some updates today, and all four (Sonic Adventure DX included) now have a couple of testing builds.

Could this mean the games might be getting achievements and cards?

In other topics... I just noticed something very strange in the Steam database: Three of the four Dreamcast Collection games (Sega Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2 and Crazy Taxi)... have received some updates today, and all four (Sonic Adventure DX included) now have a couple of testing builds.

Could this mean the games might be getting achievements and cards?
Doesn't look like community_visible_stats was added, so doesn't look like achievements are coming soon.

Looks like they added a launcher to public builds.

Don't own games, so I can't check what it does.

Daily Deal
Verdun - $18.99 $6.45

Weeklong Deals
Wasteland Angel - $9.99 $0.99
Chicken Shoot Gold - $6.99 $0.69
Hacker Evolution - $29.99 $4.49
Hacker Evolution Duality - $29.99 $4.49
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Jack Orlando: Director's Cut - $4.99 $0.74
Heli Heroes - $4.99 $0.74
Hacker Evolution: Untold - $29.99 $4.49
Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise - $9.99 $1.99
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition - $4.99 $0.99
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - $19.99 $3.99
Speedball 2 HD - $9.99 $1.99
The Chaos Engine - $9.99 $1.99
1954 Alcatraz - $19.99 $4.59
Ballad of Solar - $6.99 $1.74
Humans Must Answer - $9.99 $2.49
SpellForce 2 - Demons of the Past - $19.99 $4.99
The Treasures of Montezuma 4 - $6.99 $1.74
Litil Divil - $9.99 $2.49
Dracula: The Resurrection - $9.99 $2.49
Clans - $2.99 $0.74
Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon - $9.99 $2.49
ORB - $4.99 $1.24
Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary - $5.99 $1.49
Victorian Admirals - $19.99 $4.99
Sentinel 3: Homeworld - $6.99 $1.74
Ironclads: Schleswig War 1864 - $9.99 $2.49
Ironclads: Anglo Russian War 1866 - $9.99 $2.49
Ironclads: American Civil War - $9.99 $2.49
StarDrive - $29.99 $7.49
SpellForce - Platinum Edition - $9.99 $2.49
SpellForce 2: Gold Edition - $14.99 $3.74
Ironclads: Chincha Islands War 1866 - $9.99 $2.49
4 Elements - $9.99 $2.49
Binary Domain - $14.99 $3.74
Governor of Poker 2 - Premium Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Governor of Poker 2 - $9.99 $2.49
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart - $19.99 $4.99
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny - $14.99 $3.74
Dead Horde - $9.99 $2.49
Ironclads: High Seas - $9.99 $2.49
Vegas: Make It Big™ - $4.99 $1.24
Depths of Fear :: Knossos - $5.99 $1.97
Frederic: Resurrection of Music - $9.99 $3.39
Hearts of Iron 2 Complete - $14.99 $5.09
Frederic: Evil Strikes Back - $7.99 $2.71
Hero of the Kingdom - $6.99 $2.37
Naval War: Arctic Circle - $19.99 $6.79
Last Dream - $9.99 $3.99
Chainsaw Warrior - $4.99 $1.99
Bardbarian - $4.99 $1.99
Speed Kills - $12.99 $5.84
Blackguards - $59.99 $28.79
Cobi Treasure Deluxe - $2.99 $1.49
Kingpin — Life of Crime - $9.99 $4.99
Bullet Candy - $3.99 $1.99
Showtime! - $7.99 $3.99
Numba Deluxe - $2.99 $1.49
Stranded - $7.99 $3.99
Sweezy Gunner - $3.99 $1.99
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Diehard Dungeon - $4.99 $2.49
Worms Clan Wars - $24.99 $12.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
GTGD S2: Just One Dev - $3.99 $2.39
Full Mojo Rampage - $12.99 $9.74
GTGD S1: More Than a Gamer - $1.99 $1.49
Terraformer Expedition to Mars - $24.99 $22.49

Considering the weeklies end next Monday, I doubt it.
images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F06%2F19%2F5YwtAc7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back