Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

51f45ioyHbL._AA160_.jpg

4/5  i was worried with all the bad reviews, and how the movie started, but i liked the silliness of the movie. The fight scenes also surprise me, they turned out good, also like the cameos of other famous actors

The Hunger Games sequel is SO much better than the first movie. It's not even close really.
This times 1000. The first movie was extremely boring, the second was so much more exciting. I'm reading the books now as well, about half way through the second. The first is as boring as the movie.

The Ghost Writer starring Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor. Totally figured out who was the mastermind 25% into the movie. Ending was typical of such movies. McGregor really made the movie really compelling to watch so I my opinion of it isn't too low.

Tuesday, 3/4

300: Rise of an Empire in 3D IMAX Premiere - 5/5 - Best leading actress, cinematic & heavy CGI ever!

Wednesday, 3/5

300: Rise of Empire in 3D IMAX - 5/5 - I loved it! Highly recommended!

Friday, 3/7

Divergent IMAX - 5/5 - Lot of action and thrill. One of my favorites of all teen movies.

Saturday, 3/8

Wind Rises - 5/5 - I never liked Anime before until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taxi Driver - Fell asleep the first time around years ago, but this time it was great, i love this film, has to be in my Top 25

Girl, Interrupted - Jolie is cool and gorgeous as a crazy girl, gotta love her. Movie reminded me of Side Effects but not really as good

Au revoir les enfants:

A beautiful and heartbreaking film. The characters were really well developed which made the last moments even more powerful. Worth a watch.

300: Rise of an Empire - A few too many battle speeches and flashbacks, but otherwise a great film. Really creative for a movie that's all naval combat.

I'm happy to see eva green in more movies. She's gonna be in the new sin city movie too.

300 2 I give an 7/10. Eva green's tits a 10/10

Insidious 2 - 3/5 - Better visuals than the first, but far more inadequate acting and tension. A third movie would be nice, but not necessary at all. 

300: Rise of An Empre - 1/5 - Talk about an unnecessary sequel. Lame, outdated style of visuals, with some rehashes. Outside of Eva Green, this movie offered up nothing for enjoyment purposes.

12 Years A Slave - 5/5 - Second time seeing the movie and I'm easily reminded why it's the best movie of the year. Every actor, even the big names that have very few lines and screen time, operated on the highest level possible. The make-up, costume and set design, screenplay and script, and absolutely everything else, brought Solomon's story to life as best as possible. 

Captain Phillips.

It was quite good. Tom Hanks was great as always. Not mindblowingly great, and not something I'd buy, but definitely worth a watch.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman brings back memories of watching the show as a kid.  Smartly written and expertly paced, the movie manages to capture your attention as not only semi-educational but as a family values story.

300: Rise Of An Empire - worth seeing it for Eva Green being her best at being evil.   Interesting that a movie can be a prequel, a sequel and a side-quel all at the same time.  Makes me wonder if Gerard Butler gets some of the take for being in it, though not really being in it.    Was interesting to see how Xerxes turned into who he was.

300 fans should go see it for more of the same, though if you didn't like 300, don't see Rise Of An Empire.

IMAX 3D was the best way to see it, bar none, as it makes the 3D field of view not seem so forced.  Soundtrack was quite enjoyable, too.

Cheap Thrills 5/5

Always loved Ethan Embry as an actor and he does not fail her. The whole concept of this movie is great. Father/husband down on his luck about to lose home loses job then winds up meeting old high school friend. From there on the insanity ensues. Just goes to show that people will do anything for a quick buck.

Watched both Manhunter and The Silence of the Lambs for the first time. Enjoyed them both, man the music in MH is awesome. Going to watch both Hannibal and Red Dragon soon too.

The Zero Theorem

Saw Terry Gilliam give a Q&A at the apple store on regent street last night then went straight to the cinema to watch it. Seeing him in the flesh was pretty cool. I enjoyed the film, he mentioned at the talk the budget was only $8 million which is insane to me film looks so good for such little money. Like his films it was deep, thought provoking and will be good to see again to discover things I missed. Also he has the best laugh ever.

Crappy iPhone pics

WhheDKU.jpg

ftEc5aj.jpg

[quote name="whoknows" post="11613089" timestamp="1394903178"]Need For Speed - Instant classic[/quote]
Quite good video game adaptation since Silent Hill. Many scenes remind me of the Hot Pursuit game (2010).

The Wolf of Wall Street: the best softcore of decade :)

bread's done
Back