Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

I just thought it was stupid, totally unrealistic and gratuitous. Maybe if you lived in the most scumbag city and had absolutely no parental supervision I could see it, maybe.

A show like Shameless I think shows that kind of aspect of lower income youth living way more realistically. And even that sometimes is a little too much.
Parts of it were lame and perhaps exploitative. But I don't think it's too unrealistic.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 4.5/5
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - 4.6/5

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 4.5/5

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 3.75/5

Falls apart at the end, & there's no real Indiana Jones OMG moments.
With all the stupid moments Indy 4 has it will always be less stupid than Temple of Doom to me.

Temple of Doom just had so much I didn't like...a lot of those things were due to one of the most annoying characters in any movie ever though.

Captain Phillips - 4/5

A dramatic thriller by Paul Greengrass capturing Tom Hanks doing some of his best acting in years. Greengrass handled the subject matter relatively well making sure to focus on the human spirit/perseverance rather than who's at fault. Hanks' greatness is his believability as an every man, Captain Phillips. Although a tension filled film, the movie was far from your typical Hollywood thriller, ie don't expect Captain Phillips to turn into a badass half way through the movie taking down Pirates using only his bare hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the stupid moments Indy 4 has it will always be less stupid than Temple of Doom to me.

Temple of Doom just had so much I didn't like...a lot of those things were due to one of the most annoying characters in any movie ever though.
Saw Temple of Doom first way back, it's always been my favorite. Love Short Round. Think it has the best action scenes and the plot is just as good as the rest if not better.

The Wolf On Wall Street - Normally I hate movies over 2 hours long, but this is an exception. There was not a single dull moment. Leo was fantastic as always and even the other actors shined. It's pretty much like Goodfellas but in white collar crime rather than mob crime. The only minor gripe I have is it lacks Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter!

The Wolf of Wall Street.

Fantastic all around. DiCaprio was great in it, one of his best roles--and that's saying a lot. He just does great work with Scorsese.

American Hustle.

Great performances from the whole cast, but otherwise I was pretty underwhelmed and bored at times.

Well now, you learn something every day. Grantland had an interview with the guy who played Guy in the Mighty Ducks trilogy and I never knew he and Fulton were real life brothers. Also, Fulton is Castor in The Hunger Games.

Cloud Atlas - 4/5

An ambitious film that is far from perfect. The Wachowski's did a good job adapting a fascinating but difficult novel. The visuals, acting and sound were all top notch but where the movie falls short was in its storytelling (the six stories). The stories vary greatly in their effectiveness and some of them left a lot to be desired. Your level of enjoyment of this movie is greatly dependent on whether you've read the novel. If you have read the book you'll love the movie as it does an excellent job visualizing the novel but ultimately like most movies the book is better.

Grudge Match - 7/10. Critically panned. Box office failure but I thought it was an enjoyable friday night movie. I laughed out loud at a few moments, Alan Arkin was the mvp of the film followed by Kevin Hart.

Snowpeircer -  8/10. Good film, something different. I liked the concept of the film, the cg was dodgy but I assume it was limited with budget.

King's Speech-4/5

Fargo-3.5/5

Commitment-3.5/5

Saving General Yang-4/5

Berlin File-3.5/5

Four Rooms-4/5

Downfall-4.5/5

Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai-4/5

^ Check out the original Harakiri if you haven't.It's a masterpiece.
i do want to check it out. I know criterion released it, and im interested in the criterion catalog. I actually bought my first criterion the other day, bought fear and loathing dvd for $4. The next movie ill probably watch is The Hunt with Mads Mikkelsen

Grudge Match - 7/10. Critically panned. Box office failure but I thought it was an enjoyable friday night movie. I laughed out loud at a few moments, Alan Arkin was the mvp of the film followed by Kevin Hart.

Snowpeircer - 8/10. Good film, something different. I liked the concept of the film, the cg was dodgy but I assume it was limited with budget.
How did you see snowpeircer early

o ok thanks for the responses 

The Hunt-4/5 really need to see more Mads Mikkelsen movies, it was really good

Punch-4/5 dont know what took me long to see this movie, like Kim Yun-seok as an actor, hes great as the teacher, funny interactions with him  and Yoo Ah-in. Want to see Southbound but seems its only been released as dvd in korea

Red River:

My first John Wayne and could see why he was so popular. As for the movie it self,it was a great western;though the biggest flaw was the love interest who was just overacting in every scene she was in.

Muppets Most Wanted - Not as good as the previous film, but still quite funny.

Divergent - Way too damn long. Once the plot set in things got better, but the first hour and a half is freaking boring.

Knights of Badassdom - Pretty fun film. Summer Glau in a tank top and mediaeval miniskirt doesn't hurt either.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Another fantastic Marvel Studios movie. Falcon was done super well, I enjoyed his aerial combat scenes a lot.  The credits scene was great.

Captain America: The First Avenger + Captain America: The Winter Soldier (PRIME + Dolby Digital + Real 3D) Marathon Double Features - 5/5 - First time with Prime mode. Hands down. Prime is one of the BEST movie experience ever! They have reclining seating chair with soft leather fabric & rumble feedback underneath.  I'd seen Captain America 2 TWICE from pre-screening at AMC Century City 15. So that was my third time watching in AMC Burbank 16 and I liked it. What is funny that 2D has more scenes than 3D. I spotted 2 missing scenes. I will add spoiler for those who want to see it in 3D.
When the projection wall was showing million of victims as red target, "Avenger Industry building" was missing. Another scene where Nick Furry was alive in a secret building, he told everyone how he faked his death by hiding underneath the bedside wheel.

Saints and Soldiers-3.5

The Great Magician-4/5

The Grandmaster-3.5/5

Berberian Sound Studio-3.5/5            enjoyed it but its a wtf movie

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas-3.5  good but wonder if the book is better

Bad Milo with Flute Cop and Britta. It's a fun little movie, but it definitely won't be considered a cult classic since it doesn't try to be over the top, even in the horror or comedy spectrum. There are a few moments where it gets close but oh well. I did love little Milo, even if he is a little bastard. The only CG needed here was to edit out the puppeteers, and if Milo was CG I would've been very disappointed.

Goodfellas:  4/5.  Hadnt watched it in years but just as good as I remember.

Captain America Winter Soldier:  4.5/5.  Just an all-around amazing film.  Best Phase 2 movie by far!

The Seachers:

First off the movie is visually stunning;the colors really jump off the screen. As for the film itself it was really good. I wouldn't consider it my favorite western like a lot of people,but I understand why people like it a lot.

bread's done
Back