Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Everything is gone from the Wilmington, NC Target... It all went to Goodwill. I ended up going there too and all there was were Madden 2005 so nothing worthwhile.

I was going to a Blockbuster and saw a Goodwill in Oregon City, OR so I decided to check it out. It is not really near any Target (closest is probably 10-12 miles). They had a glass case right at the front register with the following GC games: NFL Street, True Crime, NCAA Football 2005, Madden '05, and a few others, along with some of the GBA games I have seen on clearance at Target recently. The only one I could see the label on was NFL Street, which was marked $9.99. This being right at the front register, the lady running the reg was too busy to even notice that I was there, so I didn't bother asking about the rest. Most likely they were all $9.99, which is at or above the last price I saw at Target for these.

Got City of Heroes collector's DVD edition at Clackamas Promenade Target in Clackamas, OR. And also a job. I'll be squirrling away clearance items with my overnight stocking job. Yay.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Got City of Heroes collector's DVD edition at Clackamas Promenade Target in Clackamas, OR. And also a job. I'll be squirrling away clearance items with my overnight stocking job. Yay.[/QUOTE]

Hey - I saw that game up at Jantzen Beach the other day. I bet all the stuff I saw at the Oregon City goodwill came from the Clackamas Target - it would be the closest one. Though it mught have come from Wilsonville because I saw all those games there the week before and then they disappeared in one day :D.

[quote name='io']Hey - I saw that game up at Jantzen Beach the other day. I bet all the stuff I saw at the Oregon City goodwill came from the Clackamas Target - it would be the closest one. Though it mught have come from Wilsonville because I saw all those games there the week before and then they disappeared in one day :D.[/QUOTE]

No actually. Clackamas Target is closest to two Goodwills on 82nd near Circuit City and Powell off 82nd near my house. The one CoH I got was sitting at the Clackamas Target for a few weeks at the $7.xx price before it was moved out of the PC games section and into a clearance section near the video games. Jantzen Beach Target clearance would go elsewhere like Vancouver or Beaverton/Hillsboro. But you wouldn't know because you don't actually live in the Portland metro area, just shop here sometimes.

Other clearance at that Clackamas Target was budget software and karaoke music. Not too much stuff. I believe after this round there would be more for us slim pickers.

I went to the local Goodwill and found no video games .

What I found was a brand new copy of Guild Wars for PC. Marked $4.99 ..

I'm happy now.. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']I think it's time for a new thread, since we're at 900+ posts here, and we're beyond the summer.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think it's time for a new thread, since we're at 900+ posts here, and we're beyond the summer.[/QUOTE]

And there doesn't seem to be any more clearance stuff...

[quote name='dinovelvet']And there doesn't seem to be any more clearance stuff...[/QUOTE]

Good point . . . start fresh with almost no known (or widespread) clearance items out there.

I just noticed that too. I was going to change the title, but a new thread would be better.

New thread is up: Target Clearance Thread IV

PM me or post any information you think should be added to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back