Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='schultzed']I picked up Timesplitters 2 for Xbox for $5 at CC last summer . . . still unopened, doh!

You can get it for $8.50 shipped from EBGames.com

$10 before discounts
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223818.asp

After you add it to your cart, enter codes CAG15 (15% off coupon) and SAVER (free shipping as long a used game is in the order). You can get it down to $7.50 if you have a "Saver" card ($5 at EBGAMES gets 10% off used games).

Unreal Champ 2 used is $25 before discounts
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244406.asp[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a good price for Timesplitters 2. Too bad it's used. I don't buy used games anymore. I've had too many bad experiences from EB online. I once ordered 5 used games in order, and 3 out of the 5 were so badly scratched and dirty that they didn't even work. The others were scratched up pretty bad too but played with a few skips. Two of them came with dog hair in the case. I tried returning all of them at an EB store, but the lady working there told me they have to not work to be able to exchange them. Since only 3 of them didn't work, I got screwed on the other two. And to make matters worse, the only copy they had of one of the exchanges was more badly scratched than the one I was returning. I ended up just buying it new. Needless to say, I left disgruntled.

Now that's what I call a bad experience! I've never ordered a used game since.

Yeah, my Target has gotten really good (BAD?) about keeping stock very low . . . where I used to score many clearance games . . . now hardly any :whistle2:(

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with EB . . . I think they are getting more lax in checking games . . . too bad. My store will take returns for any reason (even working games).

Lastly, THANKS! to this thread . . . I finally listed my World of Warcraft CE (bought at $40) . . . it sold at $200 BIN within hours of listing. I need the cash to justify other purchases--with my wife ;-)

I have not seen any Games on Clearance at my 2 Targets in Months. Clearwater S Target and Bootranch. What is going on is this Nationwide. They used to blow out Games.

Was at my Target last night and found Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 for $13.98. I Couldn't pass it up. They only had 1 copy left after I picked up mine of course:)

In lake charles, they had:

GR: Island Thunder (Xbox PH version) - 9.98
Prince of Persia: SoT (Xbox both regular and PH version) - $9.98
Rallisport 2 - $9.98
Links 2004 (xbox) - $9.98
Pitfall (xbox) - $9.98
Conflict Desert Storm (xbox PH version) - $4.98
Starsky and Hutch (xbox) - $4.98
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (xbox) - $9.98

Rebel Strike III (GCN) - $9.98
Starsky and Hutch (GCN) - $4.98

Nascar 2005 (PS2) - $9.98
Madden 2005 (PS2) - $9.98

They also cleared out their PS section but they appears to be only 30% off.

The oddest find was a Genma Onimusha guide for $9.08

Saw most of the same Xbox games as others have (Links, Starsky, Conflict, etc) also saw a few GBA games (Mega X something) for $13.98

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory LE Xbox- $38.48
Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Xbox $13.98

Funny thing is, all the clearance video games were locked up in a separate cabinet from the video game cabinet.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']At the Holland, MI store, ALL PSX GAMES ARE ON CLEARANCE! Prices are $6.49-$9.99. I only picked up one, but I may go back later with my credit card and pick a few more up. Plus, Tales of Symphonia was $9.99, MegaManX Command Mission, and the aforementioned xbox games.[/QUOTE]
Come to think of it, I've seen the same clearance sale running at a few other Target stores, and I know that the Meijers in Michigan are doing the same, as are any Gamerush stores with new PS1 games left.

Need PS1 games? Time to stock up, men! :D

Target in WDSM, IA had Outlaw Volleyball $4.98, Bond Everything or Nothing PH, Simpsons Road rage PH, POP PH and GR Island Thunder for $ 9.98. Also had Atari Flashback for $ 13.98

Fort Wayne Maplecrest Target has

Sonic Heroes GCN $13.98
Narc XBOX $9.98
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring XBOX $6.98
Yourself Fintness XBOX $17.48
Mega Man X Command GCN $13.98
Excitebike GBA $4.98

They also had what seemed to be every PSX game 50% off, including the 2 packs.

Target store in Onalaska, WI has copies of:
UFC Throwdown (GC) $4.98
Timesplitters 2 (GC) $4.98
Bad Boys Miami Takedown (GC) $4.98
Namco Museum (GC) $9.98
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer (GBA) $7.98
Fairly Oddparents (GBA) $9.98
GTA Collection (PS1) $13.98

Found today:

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III $9.98 (GC)
Prince of Persia - 9.98 (XB)
Ncaa Football 2005 $14.98 (XB)
Medal of Honor : Rising Sun 9.98 (XB)
Spiderman - 9.98 (GC)

Tons and tons of PS1 games between 7.48 and 9.98. Also included double packs of PS1 games.

Nothing good at the glenbrook target. I did see something that I hadn't seen there before. They had put 3 DBZ Budokai 3 guides as clearance. I'd never seen them clearance guides out before.

Memphis-Hickory Ridge Target

Freedom Force:Third Reich(PC) $9.98 TWO OR THREE
Brother in Arms (PC) $20 ABOUT FOUR OF THEM

I didn't buy because I wasn't interested no PSX game though:(

[quote name='crazynater']Fort Wayne Maplecrest Target has

Sonic Heroes GCN $13.98
Narc XBOX $9.98
Excitebike GBA $4.98

They also had what seemed to be every PSX game 50% off, including the 2 packs.[/QUOTE]

man now i got to drive out there tomorrow to see what they got

For the first time I had something on clearance for the same price as other people... FF: Third Reich dropped from $19.98 to 9.98 this week, snatched the last copy immediately (definitely a fun game for $10, but not worth anymore. The first one at least was too short for more than that)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PS2) -- $9.98
Neo Contra (PS2) -- $9.98
UFC Throwdown (GCN) -- $4.98
NARC (Xbox) -- $13.98
Return of Castle Wolfenstein (Xbox) -- $13.98
PS1 games 50% off clearance

and some others I can't remember. I picked the last copy of GitS, UFC Throwdown, and the second to the last copy of Neo Contra. I almost picked up NARC but now I'm glad I didn't, as it appears to be $4 cheaper in other area Targets.

Outlaw Volleyball - 6.50
Final Fantasy Tactics - 10.50
Soul Blade and Tony Hawk 4 bundle(PSOne) - 10.50
Freedom Force - 20

Damn. I work at Target (been doing so for a bit too long actually) and you guys have some seriously good deals where you are. However, I do get to take advantage of clearance a lot more than the average person :)

Few good deals:
PSone w/ LCD screen combo- $35 new
2 WoW CE's - $38 each, which I will be selling on ebay later
Viewtiful Joe- 4.98

This whole summer, good clearance has been SERIOUSLY lacking. We have an ABUNDANCE of Genma Onimusha guides (they've been in the backroom for ages), and some of the worst PSone deals I've seen (Oh boy, Madden 2004 for 20.98!). We still have Madden 2000 for 19.99. I know you've all been itching to play that.

The only thing remotely good is SC:Chaos Theory for the PC. It's like $38. Also, Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich is $19.98. I've heard good things about that one.

I'm speaking on behalf of the Oswego, IL Target and I know everyone here doesn't know where that is ;) I'll update if anything good comes up.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PS2) -- $9.98
Neo Contra (PS2) -- $9.98
UFC Throwdown (GCN) -- $4.98
NARC (Xbox) -- $13.98
Return of Castle Wolfenstein (Xbox) -- $13.98
PS1 games 50% off clearance

and some others I can't remember. I picked the last copy of GitS, UFC Throwdown, and the second to the last copy of Neo Contra. I almost picked up NARC but now I'm glad I didn't, as it appears to be $4 cheaper in other area Targets.[/QUOTE]

Neo Contra dropped? I might have to go check that out, thanks.

[quote name='Roufuss']Neo Contra dropped? I might have to go check that out, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed... got my copy for 13.98.

Next time someone decides to hide a game in Tampa Bay, PLEASE do a better job then simply moving it to the end cap and trying to hide it under a box and some books, since that's the first place I looked when the normal clearance rack was gone.

I really wanted to wait for it to hit 9.98, but I also really want to play the game. This Target did have two copies available for the longest time, so I'm thinking someone bought one copy at 13.98 and hid the second copy to wait until it dropped in order to do the buy, switch, and return routine.

Sorry.

Found more clearanced games at a different Target:

Megaman X8 - 13.98
LOTR: Third Age (at least 13 of these, for Xbox) - 13.98
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 13.98
007 Bond: Everything or Nothing (Cube) - 13.98 (decent price if you missed it at CC).

I got back from Gamestop, the manager said I was about 10 minutes too late. He just threw about 50 guides in the dumpster in the back. Now I'm kind of pissed at myself for looking around at other places for cheap deals.

[quote name='Roufuss']Confirmed... got my copy for 13.98.

Next time someone decides to hide a game in Tampa Bay, PLEASE do a better job then simply moving it to the end cap and trying to hide it under a box and some books, since that's the first place I looked when the normal clearance rack was gone.

I really wanted to wait for it to hit 9.98, but I also really want to play the game. This Target did have two copies available for the longest time, so I'm thinking someone bought one copy at 13.98 and hid the second copy to wait until it dropped in order to do the buy, switch, and return routine.

Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Damn . . . you're on to me . . .

Oh, wait you're in Florida . . .

[quote name='spiderdog']Roufuss which Targets in Tampa are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Saint Petersburg (Tampa Bay, heh). I just the generic Tampa Bay so I can talk about my job at times and not have to worry, since Tampa Bay is so general.

I got the Neo Contra at the Tyrone Blvd Target, near the Gamestop and Wal-Mart. All they also had was one copy of Ghost in the Shell for 13.98 which I passed. They also had Bond 007: Everything or Nothing which I think was 13.98.

The Target on 9th Street North and 72 avenue had MANY copies of Megaman X8, LOTR: Third Age, and Ghost in the Shell. They also had some copies of Link 2 for gba, which was clearanced a long time ago... I didn't check the price, but it should be a couple of dollars.

I didn't try any of the Target's in Tampa, all I know about is the new one on Dale Mabry that has no clearance. The Target at Largo Mall is also really bad about having clearance games, as well.

If you find a store where Neo Contra or Ghost in the Shell is 9.98, let me know.

Does anyone know if Target will PM a clearance price if it goes down? Say Neo Contra drops to 9.98 in two weeks, will they give me my five bucks back, or not because it's clearance?

Thanks Roufuss.
I go to Super Target at Clearwater Mall and go to the Tyrone and Largo since I work that way.

[quote name='Roufuss']
Does anyone know if Target will PM a clearance price if it goes down? Say Neo Contra drops to 9.98 in two weeks, will they give me my five bucks back, or not because it's clearance?[/QUOTE]

Target will not PM clearance merch if it drops at the store you bought it or if it is cheaper at another Target.

[quote name='videodrone']Target will not PM clearance merch if it drops at the store you bought it or if it is cheaper at another Target.[/QUOTE]

But... you can always return it when you enter the store, and purchase a new copy at the cheaper price.

[quote name='botticus']But... you can always return it when you enter the store, and purchase a new copy at the cheaper price.[/QUOTE]

As long as there is a copy on hand. At my store, they won't let you rebuy it on the spot . . . they have to restock it.

One trick is to remove the clearance sticker as you return it . . . then they will tend to just put it out with the loose games and your chances of it remaining are higher.

Here's what I found this morning at the Alhambra, ca store:

Spy Muppets: license to croak (pc&gba) 10.48
Lemony snicket (pc) 20.98
National Lampoon University Tycoon (pc) 13.98
Care bears: lets have a ball (pc) 13.98
get into the game gba starter kit 10.48
Full spectrum warrior guide 7.48
espn 2k5 guide 4.98

San Diego, CA, Mission Valley store yesterday:
Freedom Force Vs the 3rd Reich (PC) $9.99! I snagged one, there are a few more left.
Brothers in Arms (PC) $24.99
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (PC) $24.99

There were a few NGAGE games, I didn't get the details on those.

No Xbox/PS2/GC.

[quote name='Roufuss']Found more clearanced games at a different Target:

Megaman X8 - 13.98
LOTR: Third Age (at least 13 of these, for Xbox) - 13.98
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 13.98
007 Bond: Everything or Nothing (Cube) - 13.98 (decent price if you missed it at CC).[/QUOTE]

Went to Rockville, MD Target and we are still at this price point. Waiting for the $9.98, otherwise, I wouldn't be a true CAG for giving $4 to Target.

[quote name='Cmoore58']
neo contra 9.98
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure my Target never had Neo Contra . . . I was going to use a raincheck on it last Winter but never saw it. They have gotten soo bad at stocking games that all the cases are only half full (slot wise).

BTW my second (and last) $40 copy of World of Warcraft CE sold for $240 on ebay.

I'm looking at $350 profit on $80 down . . .

It was post #194 by JasonTerminator that tipped me off to this.

Having an occasional windfall keeps my wife from complaining about my game buying.

[quote name='crazynater']Fort Wayne Maplecrest Target has

Sonic Heroes GCN $13.98
Narc XBOX $9.98
Excitebike GBA $4.98

They also had what seemed to be every PSX game 50% off, including the 2 packs.[/QUOTE]Both Target's in Fort Wayne don't seem to have much. When I got to a Super Target in Lafayette, IN or when I go to one in Fishers, IN, I find a ton of clearance games.

Today, I found:

Inuyasha PS2 13.98
Godzilla Save The Earth PS2 13.98
Tekken 4 PS2 10.98
LOTR The Third Age PS2/XBOX 13.98
Mega Man X8 PS2 13.98
Lemony Snicket (PC) 14.98

I picked up Inuyasha (since it's a far Target and I don't want to go back) and Godzilla, since there was only one copy.

Two of the Targets today had clearance stuff in the glass cases, as opposed to endcaps or buried under other merchandise.

Memphis Central Target

Tons of PSone games at 4.98-6.98
Mega Man X8 PS2- 13.98
LOTR 3rd Age Xbox- 13.98
Ghost in the Shell PS2- 13.98

plus, a couple I haven't seen reported yet...

Mortal Kombat Deception: Premium Pack PS2- 27.98 (in display case, they had about 7 or 8-- I picked one up)
Madden 2005 Collector's Edition PS2- 41.98 (they had about 20 of these-- I might pick up one of these if/when the get in the $10 range)

That's about it. I really wanted a Neo Contra, but I haven't seen any Target stores around here with it in a while.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Memphis Central Target

Tons of PSone games at 4.98-6.98
Mega Man X8 PS2- 13.98
LOTR 3rd Age Xbox- 13.98
Ghost in the Shell PS2- 13.98

plus, a couple I haven't seen reported yet...

Mortal Kombat Deception: Premium Pack PS2- 27.98 (in display case, they had about 7 or 8-- I picked one up)
Madden 2005 Collector's Edition PS2- 41.98 (they had about 20 of these-- I might pick up one of these if/when the get in the $10 range)

That's about it. I really wanted a Neo Contra, but I haven't seen any Target stores around here with it in a while.[/QUOTE]

Hey GarretJD where's the PSX section at Target I didn't see it? Is it in the display case? Central Target, are you talking about the one by Oak Court Mall? Did they have any Square RPGS?

I live in Memphis as if you can't tell. ;)

Willoughby, OH:

Kingdom Hearts GH -- $9.99
NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 (ps2) GH -- $9.99
Narc (ps2) -- $9.99

Multiple copies of each.

[quote name='Cmoore58']is the atari flashback even worthbuying once it drops?? has anyone had a chance to use one??[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say no . . . I bought one and returned it . . . not a great selection of games on it . . . maybe for $5.

Get the Atari collection for the latest consoles (more games plus arcade classics without the pain of hooking up a separate box).

I have a question about this sale

I dont know if this applies to games or just to other merchandise, but like last week i picked up a neopets figure for 2.22 so it looks like .2 endings are also possible, so is there a possibliity that .4 endings could be reduced more in the games department as well?? My mom was also noticing other items ending in .2 throughout the store. Also some of the toys that were priced in a .4 ending were much too expensive to be the last markdown on those products, so i believe that at least for toys and possibly other merchandise that markdowns beyond a .4 are possible!

Tonight I picked up:

PC
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus - 1.24
The History Channel: Battle of Bull Run - 1.24
World Poker Championship - 4.98

PS2
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 - 9.99

PS
Namco Museum Vol 1 & IHRA Drag Racing 2 Pack - 7.48

Also here they have PS2 007 Rogue Agent 9.99, a couple of Playstation Games 4.98-7.48, and PS2 Mega Man for 9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back