Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Saw at Target in Champaign, IL today:

Official PS2 controllers (Slate Grey only) $12.48
Hipgear Stereo Station+ for PSP $29.98

[quote name='ransom456']Saw at Target in Champaign, IL today:

Official PS2 controllers (Slate Grey only) $12.48
[/QUOTE]

I saw this controller on clearance for the same price as well. But then I went to another store that had a slate grey and it wasn't on sale at all. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before (different prices, sure, but usually all the gaming items seem to be on sale at the same time). I also saw the Jedi Hunter wireless controllers on clearance at the first one and not the second. The first one also had the grey Wavebirds on clearance (second store only had platinum ones). I'll be checking that first store out as much as I can - I'm hoping to get another Wavebird when the price drops again (from $14.98).

TARGET IN TALLAHASSEE FL on THOMASVILLE RD (the new Target)

Went there tonight, and this is what I saw. Some of them were mis-marked, but with some price-scanning, I confirmed all of the below. These may change, hell I don't know.

XBOX
$4.98
Mech Assault 1 (PH)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (PH)
Counter-Strike (Unknown, they were out of stock)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Labeled as $9.98, but had a clearance price under it of $4.98)

$12.98
Pelican Wireless Controller (XBOX)(I picked up the last one, works great :D)

PS2
$9.98
Pac-Man World 2
Kingdom Hearts

GBA (these make good trade in items)
$3.74
Road Rash: Jailbreak
Spyro: Season of the Flame
Stuart Little 2
Sim City 2000
Tony Hawk 3
^^Considered picking a few of those up for trade in deals, but Nintendogs one is over, so I didn't.

MISC.
$4.98
GBA to GC link cable
GBA Link Cable
DS System + Game Case (Official Nintendo one)

And those were all the ones marked as "clearence" that were worth a damn (Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was also for PS2 for $10, but who the hell cares?)

I picked up Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBOX ) for $4.98 today. I also got the GCN version of "Intellivision Lives" for $6.98. :)

Central NJ -

Mafia (XBOX) $5
Scaler (GC) $5
Prince of Persia: SOT $5
Midnight Club: Street Racing (GBA) $3.74
Madden NFL 2005 (XBOX) $7.48
Madden NCAA 2005 (XBOX) $7.48
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (GBC) $6.98
Nintendo GC Wavebird Wireless Controllers $14.98
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (GC) $34.98 (Both the "regular" versions, and the ones with the Free Cable)

Wavebird for $14.98!? I'd pick up 3 more if my local Target had it on clearance...

Picked up Tonka Rescue Patrol for $4.24. Saw Soul Calibur II and Day of Reckoning for $13.xx. 007 Everything or Nothing for $16.xx. Def Jam: FFNY and some other GCN titles also for $16.xx. Can't remember the exact dollar amount. PoP: Warrior Within only at $25.xx. Hope that will drop more soon.

No worthwhile GBA games on clearance. Some PS2 Greatest Hits all around $16.xx.

Does the clearance section at anyone else's Target have a sign that says "15% off clearance merchandise"? I saw Prince of Persia:Warrior Within for $20.xx at one of the locals, I passed, but for another $3-4 off it might be worth it. Although if I wait longer it may drop again. *sigh* decisions decisions

[quote name='Redeema']Does the clearance section at anyone else's Target have a sign that says "15% off clearance merchandise"? I saw Prince of Persia:Warrior Within for $20.xx at one of the locals, I passed, but for another $3-4 off it might be worth it. Although if I wait longer it may drop again. *sigh* decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

One Target said 30%, actually.

GBA/GCN cables were definitely not on clearance at my local target (nor were the wavebirds, GBA link cables, or wolfenstein - well, it wasn't marked down past the $10 it has been for awhile)
I thought target was pretty good about not being YMMV with its clearance items; maybe I just have a bad memory though...

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

The Slate Gray PS2 controllers are marked down to 12.48
The Jet Black GC controllers are marked down to 9.98

As usual YMMV. Avon had 2 PS2 controllers left and 4 GC.

This morning at Vierra, FL Target...

Yourself Fitness XBOX - 8.74 (marked 24.48)
ESPN 2K5 XBOX 4.98 (scans 19.99)
Medal Of Honor Rising Sun XBOX- 4.98
NARC XBOX - 4.98
GAME FOLIO - Nintendo DS - 4.98
Nintendo GC Wavebird Wireless Controllers $14.98 (picked up 2)

Nintendo GC Wavebird Wireless Controllers were in a cart with a bunch of PC software -just- hitting the floor

[quote name='grendel19']Wavebird for $14.98!? I'd pick up 3 more if my local Target had it on clearance...

Picked up Tonka Rescue Patrol for $4.24. Saw Soul Calibur II and Day of Reckoning for $13.xx. 007 Everything or Nothing for $16.xx. Def Jam: FFNY and some other GCN titles also for $16.xx. Can't remember the exact dollar amount. PoP: Warrior Within only at $25.xx. Hope that will drop more soon.

No worthwhile GBA games on clearance. Some PS2 Greatest Hits all around $16.xx.[/QUOTE]

not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw the network adapter for PS2 marked down to $17.xx on clearance. Also saw the DK Bongos only (official ones) marked down to $14.xx.

Damn, my store has a big clearance section but everything is holding at 9.98

Anybody get an extra:
Klonoa 2 (GBA) or
Pandora Tommorrow (Xbox)
for trade?

PM me

$5
XBX Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (PH)
PSP Mad Catz(?) Audio Kit(comes with headphones, usb cable and cleaning pouch)

$15
PS2 Star Wars Wireless controller
XBX Star Wars Wireless controller

$20
XBX Mad Catz Wireless Xbox Live controller

[quote name='SilverPaw750']TARGET IN TALLAHASSEE FL on THOMASVILLE RD (the new Target)

Went there tonight, and this is what I saw. Some of them were mis-marked, but with some price-scanning, I confirmed all of the below. These may change, hell I don't know.

XBOX
$4.98
Mech Assault 1 (PH)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (PH)
Counter-Strike (Unknown, they were out of stock)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (Labeled as $9.98, but had a clearance price under it of $4.98)

$12.98
Pelican Wireless Controller (XBOX)(I picked up the last one, works great :D)

PS2
$9.98
Pac-Man World 2
Kingdom Hearts

GBA (these make good trade in items)
$3.74
Road Rash: Jailbreak
Spyro: Season of the Flame
Stuart Little 2
Sim City 2000
Tony Hawk 3
^^Considered picking a few of those up for trade in deals, but Nintendogs one is over, so I didn't.

MISC.
$4.98
GBA to GC link cable
GBA Link Cable
DS System + Game Case (Official Nintendo one)

And those were all the ones marked as "clearence" that were worth a damn (Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was also for PS2 for $10, but who the hell cares?)[/QUOTE]

The coupon is valid until the 5th of September.

If Target deals are mostly YMMV, is there any easier way to know if there is a deal besides printing out bar codes and scanning them? Just because I have a number of games I'd like to check on :) My Target doesn't seem to have any deals. I don't know if there aren't any or they just don't sticker very well. Thanks.

I hit up another target tonight, managed to score a pair of bongos and a wavebird(grey, platinum version was full price) for $15 each and counter-strike(PH) for $5. it'd be awesome if I could find the donkey kong game/drum bundles for a good price when they eventually clearance them so I can come up with two other drums to complete my set.

also saw

[$03]MSC - Various Strategy Guides(Max Payne 2, Paper Mario 2, Gran Turismo 3, FF X-2)
[$05]GBA - Nintendo NGC to GBA cable(already mentioned)
[$05]XBX - Lemony Sniket
[$10]PS2 - Neo Contra
[$10]NGC - Nintendo Jet Black wired controller(ditto)
[$10]NGC - Second Sight
[$25]XBX - Halo 2 Plantronics headset

kinda bummed I couldn't find any more copies of kingdom hearts when my store had literally like 10+ copies a week or two ago.

[quote name='scsg75']not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw the network adapter for PS2 marked down to $17.xx on clearance. Also saw the DK Bongos only (official ones) marked down to $14.xx.[/QUOTE]
You're lucky - the Network Adapters are still around $25 here. The clearance hasn't dropped enough for my liking on those just yet.

[quote name='myjester2112']If Target deals are mostly YMMV, is there any easier way to know if there is a deal besides printing out bar codes and scanning them? Just because I have a number of games I'd like to check on :) My Target doesn't seem to have any deals. I don't know if there aren't any or they just don't sticker very well. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Walking over and scanning the games themselves? :)

There really isn't an easier way to check, unfortunately.

Seems like the Target I go to went clearance happy. A good number of PC titles are now on clearance. Some off the top of my head are Neverwinter Nights Platinum, City of Heroes Collectors Ed., and Medal of Honor expansions.

Other stuff:
Halo 2 plantronics headset - $25
PS2 Network Adaptor - $18 (jumped on this one)
Madcatz Xbox controller with headset - $20
DK Bongos - $15
Madden 05 - xbox - $8 (ditto)
Second Sight - gc - $10
and a few more gc and gba stuff I reported before but no price change

Seems like all areas in the store have some decent stuff on clearance.

Two Notch/ Columbia, SC

=- First Post -=

At my local Target in San Antonio, TX they had a GC Wireless Wavebird (grey color) in a clearance bin for $14.99. I picked one up for my g/f. Not much else worth a damn though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']What exactly does this Clearance bin look like, I dont think I've ever seen a box or a shelf marked as being full of clearance items?[/QUOTE]

They're usually at the end of an aisle with a red price sticker on them.

[quote name='videodrone']Clearance sections in Targets vary. They don't use bins. Look for a self or endcap in electronics or in the media area.[/QUOTE]

Actually, at the Target I was just at, there were literally 3 "bins" (plastic containers on a cart, on the floor) with various clearance electronics crap. I had to squat down and dig through all the merchandise.

Target has in fact gone clearance happy, primarily in the PC section. Lots of the poker games (I didn't even realize there were lots of them before) are $13.98, and a large number more that have already been posted by others. NWN: Platinum was $27.98. Even a few of the under $10 titles were clearanced to $6.98 (Hobbit, To Serve and Command, etc).

Edit: Oh yeah, the bongos and gray Wavebird were clearanced to $14.98 as well. Both are tempting, but I don't have any of the $40+ games to use the bongos with, and I already have one unused Wavebird. Maybe if the platinum ones drop I'll pick it up.

[quote name='Akuma']Freedom Force Vs. the Third Reich is down to $2.48!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Haha, that's fucking ridiculous. Ah well, there was no way in hell the last copy I got was gonna last past $9.98.

Bins on the floor? Seriously, who would allow that? That is not "Target brand" as they would say. Everything is supposed to be shelved. I think I would freak out if I saw bins on the floor

Few more that I'm sure most of you have seen. Just trying to help out fellow CAGs in the area:

Plantronics Halo 2 Headset $24.98
Platinum WaveBird $14.98
Smoke PS2 Controller $12.98
Network Adapter $14.98
City of Heroes PC DVD $12.98

And a whole bunch of others at varying Targets in the city.

[quote name='wildnuts02']=- First Post -=

At my local Target in San Antonio, TX they had a GC Wireless Wavebird (grey color) in a clearance bin for $14.99. I picked one up for my g/f. Not much else worth a damn though.[/QUOTE]which one was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure if this counts as clearance per se. Prolly a temp price drop. I don't think I've seen it posted anywhere else in this site. If it already has been posted, I apologize in advance. So here it is:

DBZ Budokai 3 - $19.99

Just an fyi to anyone who might be interested.

For those of you that have gotten Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for Xbox for $4.98, are they the non Platinum Hits or does it not matter? There were two copies sitting at my Target and it never dawned on me to check them. As a side note, I agree with other CAGs here that Target has gone clearence crazy. There is tons of stuff in the electronics section at mine. So much stuff that they are having a hard time finding space.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Few more that I'm sure most of you have seen. Just trying to help out fellow CAGs in the area:

Plantronics Halo 2 Headset $24.98
Platinum WaveBird $14.98
Smoke PS2 Controller $12.98
Network Adapter $14.98
City of Heroes PC DVD $12.98

And a whole bunch of others at varying Targets in the city.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that is the Platinum Wavebird clearanced (not doubting you, just wanna make sure you didn't confuse it with the gray, as thats whats clearanced everywhere else). If so, I'll be waiting on that one to drop around me, thats all that would convince me to get a 3rd Wavebird when I'm the only person I play with.

[quote name='botticus']Are you sure that is the Platinum Wavebird clearanced (not doubting you, just wanna make sure you didn't confuse it with the gray, as thats whats clearanced everywhere else). If so, I'll be waiting on that one to drop around me, thats all that would convince me to get a 3rd Wavebird when I'm the only person I play with.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was the platinum. I actually did a double take to make sure it was the platinum one. Last one in that store as well, but I think the platinums being clearanced are extremely YMMV. Hope you find one. Been waiting for one for the longest time.

[quote name='botticus']Are you sure that is the Platinum Wavebird clearanced (not doubting you, just wanna make sure you didn't confuse it with the gray, as thats whats clearanced everywhere else). If so, I'll be waiting on that one to drop around me, thats all that would convince me to get a 3rd Wavebird when I'm the only person I play with.[/QUOTE]

Why do you need more than one if you only play solo?

[quote name='Backlash']Why do you need more than one if you only play solo?[/QUOTE]

Well, in theory I could play with others, like when my friend is over for this weekend. I got one as a gift from that friend, and the second in the $20 Metroid Prime bundle (well worth it). Hence the only reason I would get another is if I decided my desire to have a Wavebird that matches my Platinum cube was worth $15.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Oh, and also just a price drop (effective until 9/12), but also YMMV.

Doom 3 CE $37.77[/QUOTE]

I saw this and almost started a thread in Video Game Deals but I figured I'd get flamed.

I think the game is trending downward anyway.

Montgomery AL, I saw last night Suikoden IV for $19.99 (I'm willing to bet this has already been posted, but just in case). Also, they had Monster Speaker cable for $7.48 for 30 feet. I think that's a pretty decent deal... I picked up 60 feet and ran it through my home theatre system. Pretty nice improvement on the cheap if I do say so myself.

[$12.XX] XBX Mad Catz Microcon Controllers(Various)
[$10.00] PS2 Mad Catz Dance Pad
[$05.00] XBX Project Gotham Racing 1 (PH)
[$03.7X] GBA Road Rash

they also had licensed ps2 and gamecube carry cases(for the console hardware) clearanced at half off, something like $12.XX and $10 respectively.

Glendale Heights, IL Super Target

Gray Wavebirds - 20.98
GBA to GC cable - 6.98
Various other crap

Disappointing to say the least.

[quote name='Akuma']Freedom Force Vs. the Third Reich is down to $2.48!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hey, I was scrounging around on an endcap and found FFvs3Reich. It was redtagged for $9.98 but when I scanned it it came up $2.48.

Needless to say I took it a bought it and when I got it home last night I noticed that the bottom of the box had been opened. It still contained the manual and 2 CDs. I have not yet installed it, but I was wondering if I got the complete game.

Can anyone confirm that there are only 2 CDs for the game? I hope so, otherwise, I'm mildly screwed (though only for $2.48).

Appreciate any feedback.

MMX: CM for GC for $4.98
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer for GBA for $3.74.

and at eb, i got a complete in box dex drive for PS1 for $4.41.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']MMX: CM for GC for $4.98
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer for GBA for $3.74.

and at eb, i got a complete in box dex drive for PS1 for $4.41.[/QUOTE]

:lol: They still have dex drives :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back