Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Just Dance 2021 Switch $8.99
God of War (PS4) $5.99
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga(PS4 $5.99,PS5 11.99)
Cars 3 Switch $5.99
Madden 23 Xbox One(Not Series X)$8.99
Strangers of Paradise PS5 $5.99

Crash N Sane Trilogy Switch $8.99

Already own the game but now that I think about it this made me realize that I don't think I've seen it at Target in some time and the Activision titles like this and Crash Bandicoot 4, Spyro Trilogy, and Tony Hawk that used to be stocked regularly seemed to have quietly disappeared.

Is this clearance for all of the games in the endcap cases? A store I went to had some security tied to the case cover with clearance labels, but there are a bunch more inside the case that I can only assume weren't stickered.

Mine had the clearance games far away from the tech section of the store. Lucky I found it even.

The games at my local target seem to really be thinning out (like 15-20 total options for PS4 and PS5 combined for everything both clearance and regular price). There's tons of room for it all though. A half aisle per major company. But maybe its just being poorly ran, the same store has seemingly stopped carrying any marvel legends so maybe management is in cahoots with my wife to keep me from wasting money.

This is so strange because for all the activity in here, I'd have thought they were clearing out their games altogether. Yet my Target doesn't have anything close to these sales, let alone stock on endcaps beyond a few things. Not really sure what to make of that TBH.

This is so strange because for all the activity in here, I'd have thought they were clearing out their games altogether. Yet my Target doesn't have anything close to these sales, let alone stock on endcaps beyond a few things. Not really sure what to make of that TBH.
Same here, my Targets have some end cap games but they're all full priced. My area hardly ever gets amazing game deals to begin with.

East Bay here and the Albany store had a few of the listed deals. Richmond store had, as usual, zilch. I honestly don't think anyone is doing markdowns in that store. Half the time there isn't even an employee to be found in electronics. Haven't checked the Pinole store but it's usually similar to the Richmond store, but with employees.

might want to check your Target circle offers. I have an extra 5% off and a $15 off $100. they all stack and work on the playstation games that are on sale. nothing applies to switch games (or at least the ones i tried)

Final fantasy 16 for $35 in west palm beach FL. Bummer cause I bought it day one and have still only played the demo part lol

Also spiderman 2 for $50.
Bloodborne for $3
Ghostbusters Xbox for $6

Tons of stuff "out of system": hades PS4, new tales from the borderlands Xbox, temtem and warioware switch, and like a dozen live a lives out of system

3rd edit

They sold me one of the live a live copies for $18. Matching the Splatoon 2 they had just scanned. Wish they had done the $3 Bloodborne instead but still good.

Last edited:
People with games on endcaps at full price just keep checking... The store I scored in one day had nothing then they had a bunch of games in the endcaps but were full price and that was a Tuesday... When I was back on Saturday they were all on clearance

I found about 20 copies of Splatoon 2 for $17.99 each. Only switch game I saw. I also found one copy of Xbox Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands for $5.99.. They also had a few other games but I can’t remember the names.

Last edited:
Checked out my local store today, found a bucket of games that were at present all full price. Asked the Associate nearby and she said they were indeed games that weren’t in the planogram but she wasn’t sure when/if they’ll get marked down. Highlights for me were Sonic Origins Plus, AC Mirage, The Quarry and Dying Light 2 all for PS5. I’d probably take the plunge on some of them. They also had WarioWare GIT and Fire Emblem but I’ve got them already. I don’t remember the XB games sorry. I’ll check back after the weekend to see if they’ve been clearanced tho.

View attachment 759

I’ve been checking in periodically at this store waiting for the prices to go live on this container of games. So glad I checked in again tonight, not only did the prices update but they must’ve rummaged through the back and found more games. Spent around $50 after the extra 5% off and using my red card.

IMG_8354.jpeg

Second time now finding Intergrade in the wild, last time was a Walmart where I found two.

might want to check your Target circle offers. I have an extra 5% off and a $15 off $100. they all stack and work on the playstation games that are on sale. nothing applies to switch games (or at least the ones i tried)

Thanks, got the extra 5% off as well but that's it.

I found about 20 copies of Splatoon 2 for $17.99 each. Only switch game I saw. I also found one copy of each for $5.99 Xbox Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and Xbox The Last Of Us. They also had a few other games but I can’t remember the names.

Ummm The Last of Us is a Playstation exclusive.

Having done some hunting in my area & visited several stores my observation would be that it varies by location. A couple/few here notably had either nothing or very little, while others were better picking.

Last edited:
I’ve been checking in periodically at this store waiting for the prices to go live on this container of games. So glad I checked in again tonight, not only did the prices update but they must’ve rummaged through the back and found more games. Spent around $50 after the extra 5% off and using my red card.

View attachment 815

Second time now finding Intergrade in the wild, last time was a Walmart where I found two.

Found a couple more. 9 bucks for Just Dance and 15 for Mario Tennis.

IMG_8357.jpeg

In a way I wish there were more Targets closer to me to check but I'm also kinda glad there's not because I'd end up buying games I don't really need. That said I'd definitely buy Mario Tennis for that if I found it and if anyone sees it in Delaware or on the Pennisula anywhere please let me know :cool:

Was curious can you return and rebuy right at the customer service desk?
Tell them you saw the price drop and want a price adjustment.

If you do a return, you may get a person that tells you it has to go back into inventory and placed back on the floor before you can buy it. It's happened to me.

If you do a return, you may get a person that tells you it has to go back into inventory and placed back on the floor before you can buy it. It's happened to me.
Wow went in and the lady was super nice and was like I will just refund the game for what you paid and then just buy the game again at the lower price its easier... works for me I didn't even have to ask. $69.99 to $20.99 lol no brainier on FF7 remake PS5

Perhaps, but I think that's more likely if it was purchased at another store as the reason may be to dissuade people from gaming the system and trying to get something at clearance pricing when they may have sourced it from another location that did not clearance the item.

Last edited:

Wow nice haul! I’d love to find those. I have one store close and one about 40 minutes away. Checked both last week and only got some scraps. The further store had no PS5 games that were on clearance at all. I did find Uncharted and Guardians, plus picked up Capcom fighting collection on PS4. My local store also had Crisis core and a strangers of paradise on PS4, though I only collect PS5 games now.

Lesson learned! If Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth drop down $30-$35 i will pick it up before it OOP like Remake.
Rebirth isn’t gonna have the same thing happen as intergrade. The reasoning for ff7 intergrade ps5 being so much is it was a small print. It didn’t sale well at all because everyone who had it on ps4 got to upgrade it for free. There was no real incentive to buy the game again unless you were looking for the dlc voucher. Things like this rarely ever happen. There’s a handful of small print games every generation.

And that's ignoring some that are expensive for a brief period after going oop that then get reprints.

Like Diablo III Eternal Collection for Switch for example. Was going for a good amount awhile back when it was out-of-print and had become harder to find at the time. Nowadays you can walk into Walmart though and find it for like $22.

Like Diablo III Eternal Collection for Switch for example. Was going for a good amount awhile back when it was out-of-print and had become harder to find at the time. Nowadays you can walk into Walmart though and find it for like $22.
13 sentinels aegis rim and fairy tail as well off the top of my head. Both went oop and were averaging around 75-100$. I moved many copies during the buy x sales basically getting the game i really wanted free plus a small profit from the sale.

Ys 8 is probably the only one that held in value despite reprint and multiple rereleases including on ps5? I think now. Took 13 orders I believe before I finally got a complete copy of that one on Switch alone. I can't fathom how difficult it was to get a ps4 let alone vita copy. I've never seen the vita version in the wild and only the ps4 version once.

Last edited:
Best to check as soon as the sale goes live, before they get a chance to remove any titles that accidentally qualify.
This^

Stuff gets removed anywhere from hours in to a sale to the end of the same day. It's practically on purpose at this point. Sometimes not removed at all or only if they hit presumably some limit on preorders.

bread's done
Back