The 2013-14 NFL Thread

Matt Prater just hit a 64 yard field goal. New Record. insane. Check that ball for helium, lol.

He shares the record with Bernard Pollard for being a fucking thug and even allowing Denver to get that close with hardly any time left in the half. S-M-R-T, Pollard.
3 of the top 5 kicks in NFL history are in Denver. As with inflated HR totals, Denver inflates kicking yardage totals.

How did the Patriots win that game? They were down 12 with like 2 minutes left when CBS cut away and I just saw the final. WTF?
The Minnesota/Baltimore game was crazier. 12-7 with 2:09 left, final score was 29-26. No overtime.

Blown calls/bad calls are part of the game, just like easy drops, bonehead plays, etc. At the end of the day, everything usually evens itself out, and the better team generally wins. The Pats are 10-3, because they should be about 10-3. They are a well-coached team that has dealt with an absurd amount of injuries. Did they get some breaks at the end of the game? You bet, but the Browns could have and should have buried them early, but they didn't, and the Pats came back.

Blown calls/bad calls are part of the game, just like easy drops, bonehead plays, etc. At the end of the day, everything usually evens itself out, and the better team generally wins. The Pats are 10-3, because they should be about 10-3. They are a well-coached team that has dealt with an absurd amount of injuries. Did they get some breaks at the end of the game? You bet, but the Browns could have and should have buried them early, but they didn't, and the Pats came back.
Yep. Well coached teams with slightly better then average talent can be 10-3 just like teams with above average talent but part of a poorly run organization can be 2-11 with a recent loss to the jaguars.

HAHA, couldn't have said it better. Whoever gets that Texans gig, though, is certainly walking into a great situation. A preseason Super Bowl contender that is going to have a top pick.

Pats might be the worst 10-3 in history they should be about 7-6
Must be nice. They suck and still get to 10-3. Most teams lose someone like Wilfork and Gronk and Vereen and Mayo and take a hit (nevermind all the players they chose not to bring back). They just keep winning 10+ games every freaking year. When Brady retires reality is going to be tough.

Must be nice. They suck and still get to 10-3. Most teams lose someone like Wilfork and Gronk and Vereen and Mayo and take a hit (nevermind all the players they chose not to bring back). They just keep winning 10+ games every freaking year. When Brady retires reality is going to be tough.
They most likely do what the colts did. Be horrible for a year and then draft a QB. That's if Mallett doesn't work out.

Or 12-1 because of blown calls on refs with Jets and Panthers game.
Pssh.. the NFL love Brady and helps him out when they can. The amount of calls the Pats is was about 100-1 in their favor so I'm not crying about 1 questionable at best this year. The jets game the NFL sent out that very penalty in the weeks "what to watch out for" video. The pats knew it was a penalty and still did it. That's on them.

The sad thing is that's still going to depend on if the rest of the AFC East ever feels like being competitive. The Dolphins keep looking like they want to compete, but that could go up in flames at any moment. Who know what's in store for the Jets. And the Bills are almost guaranteed to be awful. As many have pointed out, the Pats basically get 5-6 free wins every year, and really just need to go .500 against the other teams and they're in the playoffs. Even without Brady it could be relatively easy. The rest of that division needs to get their shit together.

Big game for the Cowboys, and for the Bears. Dwayne Harris is a go tonight for the Cowboys which will be a huge help!

I had to laugh at Trent during the picks segment. He could barely talk and barely got his pick in, only for Young to go into a full analysis during his pick, forcing Dilfer to yell at Steve to stop talking.

I had to laugh at Trent during the picks segment. He could barely talk and barely got his pick in, only for Young to go into a full analysis during his pick, forcing Dilfer to yell at Steve to stop talking.
I know Young is old but man did he look really old tonight lol.

Amazing catch by Jeffery just before halftime.

I was among the many that figured the Cowboys would end up winning. I think we all forgot how shitty the Cowboys defense is.

I was among the many that figured the Cowboys would end up winning. I think we all forgot how shitty the Cowboys defense is.
Won't be able to blame Romo this time. Dallas will only beat Washington with the games remaining finishing 8-8. I see Green Bay and the Eagles shredding the defense, unless Foles doesn't play in the Eagles game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Rb whose averaging 5 yards a carry, hmm lets pass!

There has got to be a secret switch that turns head coaches full retard in these games, theres just gotta be.

It's great seeing the Cowboys running the ball successfully. The one thing that bothers me about Murray is he will run out of bounds instead of pushing ahead, but I guess he is trying to keep healthy, so I can't blame him.

It's also nice to see the Defense get pressure, and sacks!

lol Deadskins. Shanahan channeling his inner Zorn. Nfc east so terrible, chip is a moron cowboys luck out by not facing rodgers.

Somehow Raiders get back within 4 points after being down 35 to 10 in the 2nd quarter.

Edit:and just like that Charles decides to take over again.

Cowboys did everything in their power to lose that game. Why they were throwing deep passes while leading with 5 minutes to go is baffling.

Came home thinking Cowboys won, what a shock to see LOLboys return and lose a game they had no business losing by trying to out retard Philly.  And people think Garrett isnt the problem.

You always have a better shot at home than on the road but I don't think it's that big a deal for the Broncos. A) they lost last year at home. B) Peyton has lost playoff games at home in Indy he never should have. C) New England is not good, their defense is a joke. If you can't beat them in New England you don't deserve to play in the Super Bowl.

How many Super Bowl appearances has that equated to?

All I'm saying is Seattle is pretty much a 97% Super Bowl team if they have home field throughout. The Broncos could still easily lose a home game.

If I didn't hate the Pats so much I'd say a Pats/Seahawks super bowl would be awesome because it would mean Manning lost to Brady again.

Lions are getting hosed left and right by these incompetent refs.

blatant armbar no less than 10 feet away from the official and he coincidentally doesn't see it.

I think the Ravens safety blocked his sight.

Well, the refs made up the call with the no-call on the low hit to Flacco. If that was Brady or Peyton, there would have been 50 flags thrown.

Oh, and Justin Stover rulez you all.

EDIT: Again, the long lost clone of Matt Stover rulez you all.

Lions won't ever win anything with that coaching staff so it's moot anyway.

If that loss gets you a new coach you're so better off.

Lions fans can sympathize with this:

Bbk0SefCEAEh5ar-600x776.jpg

Also, from the same site, why Tony Romo is ELITE and CLUTCH: http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/12/8-stats-proving-tony-romo-is-one-of-the-most-clutch-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl

Fox is trying to make the Vikings/Bengals game as boring as you can get. Dick Stockton and Ronde Barber are stumbling everywhere, the camera is 3 miles away (like most Fox telecasts), and the only time you can hear the crowd is when the ref is calling a penalty.

Remind me again why Fox is superior to CBS again?

bread's done
Back