The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

Yeah way too soon to call that FInals. Spurs played some near perfect basketball that they probably are not going to repeat in Game 6. IF there is a game 7, I'm not sure I like older experienced over the youth and athleticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spurs baby! I'm laughing at all the "analysts" that said Spurs were done.

Scott Brooks with another stupid move, letting the Durant and Westbrook play I think 40 minutes when they were done late in the 3rd qrt.

Westbrook went again to play like he plays. Not involving his other teammates.

Lol Van Gundy mad butthurt over Stephenson. Considering Lance got elbowed in the face during a trademark lebron bulldoze drive to the basket then fouls Lance in the face during a 3pt attempt, he's gonna get mad because lance gave him a tap to the face but ignored when it happens the other way around.

Indiana is fucking pathetic. Owners and players criticizing each other, literally played this season with the main goal to be the num 1 seed and didn't care about anything else after that. But lets criticize Stephenson as if he hasn't been the only one besides David West that has been giving a shit since the Hawks series. Lets ignore that Hibbert has been completely exposed this entire playoffs much like James Harden has, and that George Hill is also complete garbage. This guy shoots a 3 and hits the backboard about 5 inches to the right and doesn't even bother getting back on defense to prevent an easy dunk.

ibic8QovGEPYye.png

Should Vogel be criticized more for not being able to control this top 5 roster during this rollercoaster season or praised more for getting the circus to the Conference Finals?

Its sad that Paul George is supposed to be the future of the franchise but will be quick to throw someone like Lance under the bus any chance he got  but ignores his contribution of 1 amazing point  in the first half. I don't see him criticizing his 7-2 all star center who got outscored by birdman numerous times while making 3x less amount of money, his starting pg, his bench that didn't contribute a damn thing.

Its sad that Paul George is supposed to be the future of the franchise but will be quick to throw someone like Lance under the bus any chance he got but ignores his contribution of 1 amazing point in the first half. I don't see him criticizing his 7-2 all star center who got outscored by birdman numerous times while making 3x less amount of money, his starting pg, his bench that didn't contribute a damn thing.
How did he criticize Lance?

Pretty much said he doesn't know if they should bring Stephenson back next year.

Lebrons dad with a chance to get a ring before Durant.

Bo70qLkCIAMGXoM.jpg

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTwD6Gz2pM

"It would be great, we came into this league together.  It would be great for us to continue our journey together.  But he's played a huge year this season and this post-season so he's definitely put some pressure on us to make decisions going forward with Lance."

Sounds more like someone doubting the team can afford him than anything.

The "Paul George doesn't want Lance Stephenson back" stuff is hack writers trying to make something out of nothing.  Pretty much standard fare for the ESPN era.

Should Vogel be criticized more for not being able to control this top 5 roster during this rollercoaster season or praised more for getting the circus to the Conference Finals?
That's a good question. I think he should be criticized more. First of all you didn't even make it to a game seven, which negated the home field advantage. Secondly, Vogel mentions post game about how it wasn't good to pull superman cape, yet when it was actually happening he couldn't put a stop to it. Finally, the goal was set too short; the pacers actually met their goal, which was to be the number one seed. Setting goals that fall short if the ultimate goal once again falls on the coach.

I agree Vogel deserves some of the blame. I was surprised Bird didn't take over as coach at the end of the season when the Pacers started to collapse. Riley would have. 

Oh man, Parker out for the game with ankle problems. 

Durant has been pretty bad today though so Spurs might be able to close this out

Damn, Spurs did a great job closing out the 3rd. 10 point lead 

Question:

Is there a better way to watch a TNT broadcasted game online then the TNT overdrive website? If not is there a way to see what is actually broadcasted rather then the stupid fucking various camera options (i.e. player cam, action cam, mosiac, etc.)?

I just hate not being able to see what is actually broadcasted on TV because you miss the replays and then I get stuck with taco bell banners and crap on the screen

Yeah baby! S.P.U.R.S.! You are going down Lebron.

On the game: Refs obviously calling almost everything in favor of the Thunder under the last minute. Manu missed that ft but fixed it with the 3pt.

Reggie Miller seemed very sad about the Thunder's lost. Goodbye Reggie, thankfully, I won't hear about the Thunder boys for a long time.

And one special thanks to Westbrook for his contribution for the Spurs.

Good game. Hopefully OKC will go next year. But they need to boost the bench a little and make Perkins get in shape

bread's done
Back