The Admiral's 2008 Fifth Annual NFL Pooltravaganza! TehMuff1nM4n is the Winne!

Ack!

It has just been brought to my attention that Pure Apathy has picked teh Giants TWICE!

Unfortunately, I did not catch this.Players are still responsible for their own picks. Therefore, I am forcing his Pick change to his BYE.

Make sure to not pick the same team twice. If he hadn't had a BYE, he would have been out.

Only 2 out so far this week. Could be 5 more tonight. I was going to pick the Bucs but had bad omens about it. I was on the fence Saturday about who to pick until i saw a guy walking around wearing an old Mike Alsott Bucs Jersey. At that moment I knew the Bucs are doomed for a loss. Why? I live in PA and I have never seen anyone ever wear anything Bucs before. Bad Sign.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Ack!

It has just been brought to my attention that Pure Apathy has picked teh Giants TWICE!

Unfortunately, I did not catch this.Players are still responsible for their own picks. Therefore, I am forcing his Pick change to his BYE.

Make sure to not pick the same team twice. If he hadn't had a BYE, he would have been out.[/quote]

Damn it I even posted my list of old picks when I made my pick. I should have just stuck with the Texans like I had it. I wasn't planning on using my bye either, so at least this saved me.

This is for my own personal reference...noticed somebody double picking, figured it might happen to me...for my own refrence...

Week 1: Dallas Cowboys
Week 2: New York Giants
Week 3: BYE
Week 4: San Diego Chargers
Week 5: Carolina Panthers
Week 6: Minnesota Vikings
Week 7: Tampa Bay Bucaneers

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Ack!

Make sure to not pick the same team twice. If he hadn't had a BYE, he would have been out.[/QUOTE]

I just went back and checked and I've already done it.

I'm out of here :(. At least the skins won this week for me!

[quote name='Eviltude']I just went back and checked and I've already done it.

I'm out of here :(. At least the skins won this week for me![/quote]

Haha, you did it not only one but twice. :lol: Glad you finally caught it, didn't want to be the one to break the news. That is why at the beginning of this week I suggested posting all of our picks when making a selection.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']That is why at the beginning of this week I suggested posting all of our picks when making a selection.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Week 1: New York Jets
Week 3: Seattle Seahawks
Week 4: Buffalo Bills
Week 5: Dallas Cowboys
Week 7: Pittsburgh Steelers

I'm joining the party and making one too

Week 1: New England Patriots
Week 2: Arizona Cardinals
Week 3: New York Giants
Week 4: New Orleans Saints
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: New York Jets
Week 8: ?????????

[quote name='pimpinc333']Only 2 out so far this week. Could be 5 more tonight. I was going to pick the Bucs but had bad omens about it. I was on the fence Saturday about who to pick until i saw a guy walking around wearing an old Mike Alsott Bucs Jersey. At that moment I knew the Bucs are doomed for a loss. Why? I live in PA and I have never seen anyone ever wear anything Bucs before. Bad Sign.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

A commemorative DVD highlighting my picks will be available at the end of the season but here's the opening trailer...

Week 2: Pittsburgh Steelers
Week 3: Denver Broncos
Week 4: New Orlean Saints
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: Chicago Bears

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Eviltude is correct, he duid pick the saints twice. In week 1 and again in week 4.

His Bye is also used, so he's disqualified.

Sorry Evil.[/QUOTE]

It's all good, brother. It was fun while it lasted. I would rather it have happened like this rather than getting to week 17 and realizing it upon your final check. Good luck to everyone.

Ive been forgetting my picks lately to so im gonna make one for myself to remember up to this point:
W1 Steelers
W2 Cardinals
W3 Bills
W4 Chargers
W5 BYE =( (regretted that one.)
W6 Saints
W7 Titans

Looks like a still have a few good teams to lean on.

*** Week 7 Playa's ***

iiinightmar3ii - Tampa Bay Buccaners
zewone - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Danimal - Tampa Bay Buccanneers
doraemonkerpal - Tennessee Titans
RawisJericho : Pure Apathy - BYE (Forced - Duplicate Pick)
Layziebones - Pittsburgh Steelers
SoNiC1023 - Tennesssee Titans
jello00 - New York Giants
bigdaddybruce44 - Chicago Bears
x1xMuffinManx1x - Tampas Bay Buccaneers
pimpinc333 - Tennessee Titans
smellhasreturned - Pittsburgh Steelers
tivo - Chicago Bears
SFink - Houston Texans
CarolinaGamer07 - Tennessee Titans
scfan919 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
ijag233 - New York Giants
Romis - Pittsburgh Steelers
TehMuff1nM4n - BYE

Week 7 Playa-hata's ***
InuyashaFury - Out (No Pick/Bye)
Eviltude - Disqualified (Duplicate Pick/ No Bye)
DaftPunkFan37 - New York Jets
XxFuRy2Xx - New York Jets
cr_blah_blah - Dallas Cowboys

Week 2: NY Giants
Week 4: SD Chargers
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: Tennessee Titans
Week 8: Washington Redskins

Thanks!

Ima also go with the Redskins

Week 1: New York Jets

week 1: Denver Broncos
week 2: Pittsburgh Steelers
week 3: Buffalo Bills
week 4: San Diego Chargers
week 5: Dallas Cowboys
week 6: BYE
week 7: NY Giants
week 8: Washington Redskins (me too!!!)

I'm actually a Skins fan, so if they can't beat the Lions I'll be so ashamed that I won't want to be in this league anymore.

P.S. Thanks for putting this together Ackbar!!!

Ive learned never to follow the croud in pools so Im gonna take the Jets this week. As I was thinkin about my pick I realised that if and when I do get eliminated it could be this week with the Jets if they play poorly. Wish me luck

Week 1: Dallas Cowboys
Week 3: BYE
Week 4: San Diego Chargers
Week 7: Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Week 8: Lemme get the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!(hope i don't regret this one)

Week 3: Bye
Week 6: New York Jets
Week 7: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 3: New York Giants
Week 6: Philadelphia EaglesWeek
Week 7: Tampa Bay BuccaneersWeek
Week 8: Houston Texans

Just because going with the pack isn't my thing lately, I will go with the

Tennessee Titans for Week 8.

It could be risky, but hey if the Redskins lose I am in a good spot. :lol:

Well, the fact that everyone is picking the 'Skins bothers me, but I won't change. I never change picks unless there is a legitimate reason to do so, like injuries.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, the fact that everyone is picking the 'Skins bothers me, but I won't change. I never change picks unless there is a legitimate reason to do so, like injuries.[/quote]

Except for the fact that it leaves the Skins as an easy pick later on when everyone else has already used them. :)

Hmmm, I really don't think there is such a thing as an easy pick in the NFL. I think we've already seen plenty of "easy" games go up in smoke. The 'Skins are a really good team, and they have played a tough schedule so far, but they are the kind of team that lacks the offensive explosiveness to put teams away. Portis is more of a pounding runner, and Campbell is still maturing. They don't put up a ton of points, and that makes them a tough pick, no matter who they are playing.

Week 1. BYE
Week 2. Tampa Bay
Week 3. Denver
Week 4. Jacksonville
Week 5. Dallas
Week 6. New York-Jets
Week 7. Pittsburgh

Week 8. Houston (I think... hmmmm? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 3: Denver Broncos