The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

You guys are such pansies. I'm going to be going full force for the rest of this month. I leave on August 1st for vacation so one month of not trading in anything should make up for one month of whoring trades ;).

Resident Wiivil gets $18.50 (maybe $19.60) after $15 coupon. But, seriously, who here actually pays cash to buy flip-games?

just got back from tru

I grabbed what I thought might be valuable to people here

FF V advance GBA --- $8 (x2)
Jam Sessions DS --- $5
Geometry Wars DS---- $8

pm if you want otherwise I'll return them

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys - based on the past few weeks, it's pretty obvious that most 24.99, 26.99, and 29.99 games - when used with the coupon - can flip to Blockbuster for $30+. With that in mind, here is a list of console games that are CURRENTLY 24.99- 29.99. I excluded games that are currently part of the B1G1 list at Blockbuster and a few others that were really, really old. I probably missed a few, but I hope this list helps anyway? I highlighted a few that may be of note. The purpose of this list is to take it and find out which ones trade to Blockbuster for decent ratios.

All 24.99 games are 17.49 after Edge / Coupon
All 26.99 games are 19.00 after Edge / Coupon
All 29.99 games are 21.00 after Edge / Coupon

Xbox 360 -

College Hoops 2K8 - 24.99
Spiderwik Chronicles - 24.99
Tenchu-Z - 24.99
Rainbow Six:Vegas - 24.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific: 24.99
Dead Rising - 24.99
Import Tuner Challenge - 24.99
Fight Night:Round 3: 24.99
CSI- Hard Evidence - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
WSOP 2008 - Battle for the Bracelets - 24.99
Medal of Honor:Airborne
Nascar 08 - 24.99
NFL Tour - 24.99
Fear Files - 24.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 24.99
Assassin's Creed - 24.99
FIFA Street 3 - 26.99
Oblivion - 26.99
Pro Evo Soccer 2008 - 26.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 26.99
Culdcept Saga - 29.99
Sega Superstar Tennis - 29.99
PGR4 - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99
Jericho - 29.99
GHIII - 29.99

Wii

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 24.99
Obscure: The Aftermath - 24.99
Bomberman Land - 24.99
Nights: Journey of Dreams - 24.99
Godfather: Blackhand Edition - 24.99
Driver:parallel Lines - 24.99
MLB 2K8 - 24.99
Wii Play - 24.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - 24.99
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
Spiderwick Chronicles - 24.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - 24.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 24.99
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns - 24.99
Battle of the Bands - 24.99
Sega Superstar Tennis - 24.99
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 26.99
No More Heroes - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
DBZ - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - 26.99
Resident Evil 4 - 26.99

Playstation 3

Ridge Racer 7 - 24.99
Spiderman 3 Collectors Edition - 24.99
Oblivion - 24.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Rainbow Six: Vegas - 24.99
F1 - 24.99
NFL Tour - 24.99
Virtua Fighter 5 - 24.99
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Blacksite:Area 51 - 24.99
Orange Box - 26.99
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 26.99
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 26.99
Lair - 29.99
Rock Band - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - 29.99
Warhawk - 29.99

Keep in mind, now that this coupon is for ALL used games, all those titles that were exclusive to the specific console (ala, Pro Evo Soccer 08, Blacksite Area:51, and Turning Point from the PS3 Coupon) are now available to be picked from the Xbox 360 section, sometimes even the Wii section. This should open up availability considerably, and make finding items a lot easier for more flipping credit.

Here is a quick list of games to look for: (Gamestop Price with Edge/Coupon ---> Blockbuster Trade in Values)
Fatal Inertia: 17.49 --> 32
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific: 17.49 --> 32
Blacksite: Area 51 --> 17.49 --> 30 or 33, can't remember.

Here is a list of accessories that you can look at for buying:
Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: 48.99 After Coupon /Edge
Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive: 33.59 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive: 41.99 after Coupon /Edge
Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive: (Don't know price, but if 149.99 USED) - 104.99 after Edge / Coupon
Xbox 360 Vision Camera: 17.50 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: 27.99 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit: 10.49 after Coupon / Edge

Wii Remote: 24.50 after Coupon /Edge
Wii Nunchuk: 9.09 after Coupon / Edge
Wii Classic Controller: 10.50 after Coupon /Edge

Playstation Eye Camera: 17.50 after Coupon / Edge
PS3 Bluetooth Headset (generic) 13.99 after Coupon / Edge

PSP 4GB Hard Drive (Refurbed) - 55.99 after Coupon /Edge

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']just got back from tru

I grabbed what I thought might be valuable to people here

FF V advance GBA --- $8 (x2)
Jam Sessions DS --- $5
Geometry Wars DS---- $8

pm if you want otherwise I'll return them[/QUOTE]

Wrong...thread :whistle2:s

[quote name='msam']Ok guys - based on the past few weeks, it's pretty obvious that most 24.99, 26.99, and 29.99 games - when used with the coupon - can flip to Blockbuster for $30+. With that in mind, here is a list of console games that are CURRENTLY 24.99- 29.99. I excluded games that are currently part of the B1G1 list at Blockbuster and a few others that were really, really old. I probably missed a few, but I hope this list helps anyway? I highlighted a few that may be of note. The purpose of this list is to take it and find out which ones trade to Blockbuster for decent ratios.

All 24.99 games are 17.49 after Edge / Coupon
All 26.99 games are 19.00 after Edge / Coupon
All 29.99 games are 21.00 after Edge / Coupon

Xbox 360 -

College Hoops 2K8 - 24.99
Blue Dragon - 24.99
Spiderwik Chronicles - 24.99
Tenchu-Z - 24.99
Rainbow Six:Vegas - 24.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific: 24.99
Dead Rising - 24.99
Import Tuner Challenge - 24.99
Lost:Via Domus - 24.99
Fight Night:Round 3: 24.99
CSI- Hard Evidence - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
WSOP 2008 - Battle for the Bracelets - 24.99
Medal of Honor:Airborne
Nascar 08 - 24.99
NFL Tour - 24.99
Fear Files - 24.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 24.99
Assassin's Creed - 24.99
Blacksite: Area 51 - 24.99
Cabela's Trophy Bucks - 24.99
FIFA Street 3 - 26.99
Oblivion - 26.99
Pro Evo Soccer 2008 - 26.99
Dark Sector - 26.99
Culdcept Saga - 29.99
PGR4 - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99
Jericho - 29.99
GHIII - 29.99

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're going to be getting $30+ for Dark Sector, Blue Dragon, or Lost.

[quote name='Link927']Wrong...thread :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
I posted it here since i said I was going to tru a bit back, and was also curious if they are flippable at all. Probably not

I say try some wii games. The wii games at BB are all overpriced.

Just when I can finally give it a rest the 20% coupon is trying to pull me back in. Too bad I already have plans for the credit I have now which is SPENDING IT ENTIRELY ON ME. STFU ITCH AND BACK UP OFF ME. -_-'

Besides I can't afford anymore out of pocket gaming expenses until I get some real money coming in. Not to mention the BB drama, physical/mental exhaustion, plus the fact that I'm far too recognizable in almost every BB and GS store no matter how polite and low key of a customer I am. I'm starting to think I built up too great of a rapport with the managers, haha. I honestly don't want to ruin the blessings I've managed to amass over these past couple of days. Once I get what I want out of deal I'll happily continue to lay low for a few months until the itch returns with a vengeance.

Happy flipping y'all.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Just when I can finally give it a rest the 20% coupon is trying to pull me back in. Too bad I already have plans for the credit I have now which is SPENDING IT ENTIRELY ON ME. STFU ITCH AND BACK UP OFF ME. -_-'

Besides I can't afford anymore out of pocket gaming expenses until I get some real money coming in. Not to mention the BB drama, physical/mental exhaustion, plus the fact that I'm far too recognizable in almost every BB and GS store no matter how polite and low key of a customer I am. I'm starting to think I built up too great of a rapport with the managers, haha. I honestly don't want to ruin the blessings I've managed to amass over these past couple of days. Once I get what I want out of deal I'll happily continue to lay low for a few months until the itch returns with a vengeance.

Happy flipping y'all.[/QUOTE]

god, I want to get out but the itch just wont get off my back. I gotta get the 20% on the DS3 I bought, how do I do that. Return it and rebuy it? I traded in some stuff in on the same receipt for how would that work?

There has gotta be a Wii gem in there somewhere.

I found a virgin BBV today. They had multiple copies of practically EVERYTHING.

I also found two complete EoJ at the GS down the street from there. BBV took that, TC4 and TP:FoL without issue, they didn't even mention he camera/mat/cards. Ended up with $96 and picked up 12 games. I would have pillaged some more, but I forgot we were having a surprise b'day party for the mother-in-law tonight. Ended up having to cut the trip a few hours short.

I just need dump the other EoJ at BBV, tally up and dump everything at my two local GS's tomorrow. I should end up with close $200 credit at GS by tomorrow night.

[quote name='maximus101']Are there any flippers in the Houston area? [/quote]

guess its only you and me then, but fortunately for you i am not a hardcore flipper. what part are you from?

opened a new trade acct at one blockbuster and the lady was kind of excited to take the trade in. she was also training some other guy how to do it. she was kind enough to tell me that if i trade else where that i would need to sign the agreement again and also explained that trade accts were not linked. i was like really? :D

Return and buy sounds like the only option. I would just do it in a remote GS you rarely shop in if you're worried about setting off any Jr. Detection alarms. Return there and buy somewhere else. You've already come so far and played your hand properly so you might as well grind a little more then cash in.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Return and buy sounds like the only option. I would just do it in a remote GS you rarely shop in if you're worried about setting off any Jr. Detection alarms. You've already come so far and played your hand properly so you might as well grind a little more then cash in.[/QUOTE]

dont say that, now I gotta flip more, ahhhh. I just wana flip a bit tomorrow so I can get a wii charge station and keep my same level of credit at GS.

If I do, I'm gonna do it at the GS I'm cool at, plus my reserves are there and I wana pay off Fallout, get the wii charger, and at least ONE wii game for me, and have at least $120 GS credit afterwards.

I also heard a little birdie say that Sunday will bring a few more 14.99 360 drops. He wouldn't say which ones, but hopefully they'll be flippable. ;)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']god, I want to get out but the itch just wont get off my back. I gotta get the 20% on the DS3 I bought, how do I do that. Return it and rebuy it? I traded in some stuff in on the same receipt for how would that work?

There has gotta be a Wii gem in there somewhere.[/quote]

Wow, you found a used DS3. How much was it?

Well spent about 2-3 hours today doing a little flipping. Most of that was driving to a BBV I hadnt gone to yet. It was a Gamerush store as well. Was only about 20 miles away but lots of stoplights so took about 30 minutes each way. I did cross another BBV and a couple of GSs on the way though so no worries.

The one I hadnt been to yet was pretty good. Was able to pick up about 18 games. Would have had about 24-26 but apparently they dont do very good upkeep because she kept saying "oh I cant find this one so we dont have it". Not bad though. The other BBV I stopped at I was able to pick up another 8 games I believe it was. Maybe 10. They also had some more on the floor but again they couldnt find it when I brought it to the front. Although I did pull a few out of the pile they had in the cabinet that they DIDNT have on a box on the floor for. So I guess that balanced out. Makes me wonder if we were allowed to look in the cabinets how many more GOOD games we would find.

In the end though I turned $138.68 in BBV credit into $233.85. So a $95.17 PROFIT today in a few hours. Not too shabby. I wanted to pick up some BSA51's but of the 3 GSs I stopped in at, none had them. Or anything else worth flipping for that matter. Theres one in the other direction from my house that has some that Ill pick up tomorrow with the new coupon. Makes it $1 more but thats not a big deal lol. Im also going to hit up 3 more BBVs that I havent gone to yet since this B1G1 started so hopefully make another $100-200 tomorrow. :D

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']huh? DS3=dual shock 3

or does it stand for something else?[/quote]

nope you're correct

and it's amazing how anyone could find a used DS3 controller at a GS...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']huh? DS3=dual shock 3

or does it stand for something else?[/quote]

coupon is for used games and used accessories, right?

he was probably wondering, where you found a used ds3 controller so quickly

Almost had a shitty day today. There was absolutely nothing at the Blockbuster I took an hour-long bus to, amidst all the mark-ups they did on games I found cheaper everywhere else (Earth Defense Force 2012 was $14.99 there). So, I ditched it and walked about 10-15 minutes to GameStop. I grabbed Blacksite Area 51 and Rock Band, and thanks to the fact that I dropped my NCAA 09 reserve (it didn't get that good of reviews), the total was like $30. So essentially, I'll be turning $30 into $65 soon. Good times! Too bad I missed the second bus home so I walked the 4 miles, ripping my feet apart in these crappy sandals. Worth it, I suppose. lol

Let us know if there are any good deals with that 20% coupon, guys. ;)

[quote name='Karuto']Almost had a shitty day today. There was absolutely nothing at the Blockbuster I took an hour-long bus to, amidst all the mark-ups they did on games I found cheaper everywhere else (Earth Defense Force 2012 was $14.99 there). So, I ditched it and walked about 10-15 minutes to GameStop. I grabbed Blacksite Area 51 and Rock Band, and thanks to the fact that I dropped my NCAA 09 reserve (it didn't get that good of reviews), the total was like $30. So essentially, I'll be turning $30 into $65 soon. Good times!

Let us know if there are any good deals with that 20% coupon, guys. ;)[/quote]

Read my post on the previous page, I think it got buried amidst the excitement. I could use some help narrowing down which games are possible good flips to Blockbuster, so everyone please join in and help =D

[quote name='Karuto']Almost had a shitty day today. There was absolutely nothing at the Blockbuster I took an hour-long bus to, amidst all the mark-ups they did on games I found cheaper everywhere else (Earth Defense Force 2012 was $14.99 there). So, I ditched it and walked about 10-15 minutes to GameStop. I grabbed Blacksite Area 51 and Rock Band, and thanks to the fact that I dropped my NCAA 09 reserve (it didn't get that good of reviews), the total was like $30. So essentially, I'll be turning $30 into $65 soon. Good times!

Let us know if there are any good deals with that 20% coupon, guys. ;)[/quote]

Just because a game was marked $14.99 doesn't mean it will ring up that price -_-. Get with the program. EDF MAN! Best game to flip and you could have gotten it for $6.99(which is what it would have rang up as).

[quote name='djkunai']Resident Wiivil gets $18.50 (maybe $19.60) after $15 coupon. But, seriously, who here actually pays cash to buy flip-games?[/quote]

Cash? What's cash?

[quote name='animemaniac14']nope you're correct

and it's amazing how anyone could find a used DS3 controller at a GS...[/QUOTE]

they had maybe 4-5 of them, 3-4 after me. And it feels really new, thats the weird thing. But there is a scratch on the back side, that I can feel when i grip it.

but keep in mind this GS is brand new and had a lot of things I didn't expect, i.e. the camera coming with EOJ.

edit: sorry forgot to mention price, it was 49.99. I would have gotten a new one, but i asked if any of the used ones were in good condition, and he let me try a few out, and the one I got felt real new.

[quote name='edavis0780']Cash? What's cash?[/quote]

We all remember the 4 dollars (per) we spent on Fantastic 4 lol, before and after that glorious moment...cash has been a mystery :whee:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']wow....30% off, just a small bit less than what we've been doing the past couple of weeks! lol

Xbox Live Arcade (the one with Geometry Wars) is only $2 TIV[/quote]

hey i just started flipping and i dont really have time to run around to different stores and its $30 off not 30% lol.:puke:

[quote name='Jesse757x']hey i just started flipping and i dont really have time to run around to different stores and its $30 off not 30% lol.:puke:[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting 30 dollars off? Its 20% off with the coupon and an additional 10 with the edge. Unless your item is 100 dollars, you're not getting $30 off your game....

[quote name='Jesse757x']hey i just started flipping and i dont really have time to run around to different stores and its $30 off not 30% lol.:puke:[/quote]

Get with the program kiddo. The new coupon is 20% off and with EDGE it's 30%.

[quote name='msam']

Xbox 360 -
Blacksite: Area 51 - 24.99[/quote]

The 360 version of Blacksite only gets $19 as of 2 weeks ago, I dont think it'd go up.

I did my last batch of flipping. Turned $150 BB into $202 BB, $114 GS, Animal Crossing Wii (preorder paid in full), and Ratchet & Clank PS3.

I'm getting a feeling that $114 wont be enough for this 20% off game/accessories coupon. Damn you gamestop for putting out such good coupons lately.

[quote name='swetooth9']coupon is for used games and used accessories, right?

he was probably wondering, where you found a used ds3 controller so quickly[/quote]

YES :)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']they had maybe 4-5 of them, 3-4 after me. And it feels really new, thats the weird thing. But there is a scratch on the back side, that I can feel when i grip it.

but keep in mind this GS is brand new and had a lot of things I didn't expect, i.e. the camera coming with EOJ.

edit: sorry forgot to mention price, it was 49.99. I would have gotten a new one, but i asked if any of the used ones were in good condition, and he let me try a few out, and the one I got felt real new.[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='Bezerker']
I'm getting a feeling that $114 wont be enough for this 20% off game/accessories coupon. Damn you gamestop for putting out such good coupons lately.[/quote]

I'm happy as hell that I transferred the last of my BB credit to GS today. All I have now is a Blacksite to sell and then I'll transfer that credit into GS again. $240 GS credit to spend with this coupon :). I'm going to have a fun run.

[quote name='makstaks']YES :)

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

hope you find one, the amanger did say they were hard to find and that he may get one as well. But I hope some people can find some DS3s via this coupon its a great deal, if I can get mine price adjusted.

I saw a used wii charger, but I dont think its as good as the nyko one, but it was $20 used. Anyone know of the one I speak of. It holds one controller, has one battery and is white. Its not listed on their website. Its in a vertical package. I'm just curious if its any good.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm happy as hell that I transferred the last of my BB credit to GS today. All I have now is a Blacksite to sell and then I'll transfer that credit into GS again. $240 GS credit to spend with this coupon :). I'm going to have a fun run.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but this coupon, IF we can figure out some good wii flips, I'll be out tomorrow. And I'll also try and get some wii games for myself.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Just because a game was marked $14.99 doesn't mean it will ring up that price -_-. Get with the program. EDF MAN! Best game to flip and you could have gotten it for $6.99(which is what it would have rang up as).[/quote]

I asked the dude. He said they just put new stickers all of the games. The worst part? EDF didn't even come in the original case. No biggies, since I picked up EDF last week. My credit will jump to $385 at BB and $185 at GS, so I'm still happy. :)

Too bad you didn't wait until tomorrow and asked them to hold one for you, v4oldboy. It would've been $40 instead of $50. I'd say you would definitely be able to have it adjusted, since it is used, and GameStop has that whole "Keep For a Week or Return" policy for used stuff.

[quote name='alexiel']guess its only you and me then, but fortunately for you i am not a hardcore flipper. what part are you from?

opened a new trade acct at one blockbuster and the lady was kind of excited to take the trade in. she was also training some other guy how to do it. she was kind enough to tell me that if i trade else where that i would need to sign the agreement again and also explained that trade accts were not linked. i was like really? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm from Sugar Land and I hit up all the BBs and Gamestops in Sugar land, Stafford, Rosenberg, and the southwest Houston side. What part are you from?

Always great to see a fellow Houstonian on the board!

Question: Does Gamestop charge a fee for not having the green xbox 360 case? A blockbuster by me has a few games but dont have any green xbox 360 cases at all. They are all in the black cases. Thanks.

maybe they will just keep extending this plus 10 for every 2 games...then i will have to stay up everynight trying to keep up with this long forums...lol not that im complaining...2 weeks almost 1000....granted most of its been spent on a wii...wii fit and rockband...oo and preordering facebreakers...anyone else looking forward to that....??? thanks to all the post and people who help keep track of the flip values...and not the ones who jsut keep asking the TIV!!! READ BOY READ!!!

[quote name='NJMane']Question: Does Gamestop charge a fee for not having the green xbox 360 case? A blockbuster by me has a few games but dont have any green xbox 360 cases at all. They are all in the black cases. Thanks.[/quote]

Well I have turned into BB probably about 60-70 games that have had the BBV case but with the original artwork and had zero problems. I had one guy ask me if I buy a lot of my games from BBV and I said yeah depending on prices and who has what at the time I want it. (heh).

I have also turned in about 10 BBV cases with NO artwork and didnt get hit with a refurb until the last 2 which I did today. BUT I called him on it and pointed out that I shouldnt be docked $4 when the discs are in perfect condition and they dont mark their used games down when they dont have the right case or artwork. He promptly agreed and gae me my $4 back lol.

Its really YMMV but if they wont then just leave with your games and go down the road to another GS. They will probably take them without charging you refurb fees.

I had a THP8 that was scratched to all hell (miss it on my disc inspections) and I went to one gamestop and the guy was gonna hit me with the refurb fee. I KNEW it deserved one but decided to try my luck so I took it back. Went down the road... traded it with a couple of other games at the next place and the guy didnt bat an eye. Either wasnt paying attention or didnt care and bing bango no refurb fee. ;)

[quote name='NJMane']Question: Does Gamestop charge a fee for not having the green xbox 360 case? A blockbuster by me has a few games but dont have any green xbox 360 cases at all. They are all in the black cases. Thanks.[/quote]

Nope, they will not charge a fee. Most of their games that don't have the original cases come with black ones anyway.

If it is YMMV, it's a very, very, very small chance. You'd have to meet the most anal of all GameStop clerks, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, since they have thousands of empty cases sitting around taking up space anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back