The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Yet another BBV story for those who, like me, like to read em.

Went to one BBV around 10:30am, only the manager was working. I brought up Epic Mickey and Splatterhouse, asked him to check the prices and he immediately got defensive. He checked em at least then said they were still the old price. I made sure to act a little dumb, but I asked if he'd accepted any price drops today yet and he started bullshitting me about there not having been any price drops and how they only drop prices on Sunday. He then started asking where I was getting my info from; so I told him an "employee at some other store". He started to say how they were wrong and he was right so I just said that I was probably misquoting them and asked him to hold my games and left.

Went around to some thrift stores to take advantage of the labor day sales (got a bunch of complete PS1 games for 5 cents a piece and diablo 2 battle chest for $1 among other things). So just before I was headed home, I stopped in at a random BBV just to check if they had done the price drops there. I ran into a old friend of mine from high school I had not seen in years. Asked him about the price drops. His manager said that a manager from another store had called them asking about them specifically regarding the games I had on hold (lol) and that there was no price drops. She even gave me the list she had so I could verify. While she was doing this, my old friend was over at a register...he then calls the manager over, she gets a bit quit and then calls up the other manager! Tells him there was a price drop and that he needed to accept his "POGS". She then has to walk him through the process on the phone.

Went back to the previous store and got my games. Thankfully I ran into my friend because no one else seemed to wanna budge on the subject whatsoever.
[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I gotta check out some other stores now. I thought it was weird that one store had the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions of splatterhouse @ different prices $19.99 and $14.99. Do price drops normally occur on a certain day?

[quote name='Phoeniix']So if it does get extended, does that mean a chance of higher priced games to drop to $14.99? Or just more time to hit up more other Blockbusters? *I'm new to the B1G1 Blockbuster sales*[/QUOTE]

Price drops, if they happen, occur on Monday. So if the sale did get extended until next Monday, there will be a potential 1 day overlap with any new prices. But we had a pretty extensive set of price drops today so I doubt much, if anything, will drop next week.

[quote name='Phoeniix']That's funny, I gotta check out some other stores now. I thought it was weird that one store had the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions of splatterhouse @ different prices $19.99 and $14.99. Do price drops normally occur on a certain day?[/QUOTE]

They were priced that way through Sunday (PS3 $19.99, 360 $14.99) and that is pretty common at BBV, actually. And yes, as discussed ALL DAY today, price drops happen on Monday. It's pretty much all we've been talking about for pages upon pages ;).

Regarding the blockbuster Total access online rental program.

If I bring in a Online rented game can I exchange it for a movie instore?

And how much of a discount do I get if I exchange an online movie rental for a game in store?

yes you can exchange an online envelope (game/movie doesnt matter as you seal the envelope so we have no idea whats inside) for a movie in store.

you can exchange a online envelope for a $.99 game for free just like if you were to exchange it for a movie. there is no benefit for exchanging an online envelope for a $1.99 game as you would still pay the $1.99 daily rate.

got clarification on the gift card redemption starting 9/12. you can bring in up to 5 giftcards per acct and exchange them for a 5 movie/game rental card that must be used at whatever store the rental card is activated. we will not and cannot check what value is on the card so if you have any cards laying around you might as well exchange them for something.

please forgive me for not reading back 12 pages or so to verify but is there another B1G1 free sale going on right now??? if so I'm going tomorrow.. got a few games I've been keeping an eye on for a while :D

[quote name='hawaiiboy']got clarification on the gift card redemption starting 9/12. you can bring in up to 5 giftcards per acct and exchange them for a 5 movie/game rental card that must be used at whatever store the rental card is activated. we will not and cannot check what value is on the card so if you have any cards laying around you might as well exchange them for something.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news, thanks! It makes sense that they wouldn't be able to check the value. Fortunately for me I kept all my Value Cards and gift cards even when I knew they were emptied. I probably have 20 of them :lol:. 5 rental cards will be plenty. It's too bad the rentals will probably just be the standard 1-day with extra fees if you keep them longer though, right? For me that makes game renting pretty useless (I'd end up paying a lot anyway and the "free" part would be fairly useless). But I can use them on movies.

2 good experiences at 2 different stores. Been outta town so hadn't been able to check out anything until yesterday. First store, picked up The Shoot and The Fight Lights Out. TFLO was marked $20, but the guy did the update, rang up fine afterwards. Second store, Transformers WFC and Start The Party!, both marked correctly at $14.99 but the girl said there was something wrong since the games had been ringing up $19.99 all day (they didn't manually update). The girl rings up TWFC, punches in a credit for $5, rings up TWFC again and punches in a credit for $5 and then punches in a "coupon" for $19.99. She sees the total as $10 and says she doesn't care and that they need to get the system right. I say thanks and pay, so instead of $7.50 for TWFC and The Shoot, I get them for $5 each.

Hey HB, do you know if the barcode would actually give any lesser value game for free? Here's why I ask.

Yesterday I went to a store that had not yet updated the prices. They claimed that they had, the guy totaled my purchase. Honestly I thought it was a little high, but I was preoccupied so I couldn't be certain without seeing the receipt. Anyway, they had not updated the prices, but that is only half of the story.

What the receipt showed was games (that had dropped yesterday) which should have been 14.99, ringing up B1G1 free even though they were ringing up as 19.99.

For example, I bought two epic mickeys which rang up 19.99 each and then the computer deducted 19.99. The same applied to Splatterhouse and Kirby. As a result, I had to get $5 back on each set of games, but it was really odd how this all played out.

[quote name='io']Awesome news, thanks! It makes sense that they wouldn't be able to check the value. Fortunately for me I kept all my Value Cards and gift cards even when I knew they were emptied. I probably have 20 of them :lol:. 5 rental cards will be plenty. It's too bad the rentals will probably just be the standard 1-day with extra fees if you keep them longer though, right? For me that makes game renting pretty useless (I'd end up paying a lot anyway and the "free" part would be fairly useless). But I can use them on movies.[/QUOTE]
Normally I'm such a frickin' packrat(still have my Hollywood Video account card here someplace), but I think I used to just let them toss out the gift/value cards once I had emptied them.:cry: So no free rentals for me.:whistle2:#
[quote name='bgame2']Hey HB, do you know if the barcode would actually give any lesser value game for free? Here's why I ask.

Yesterday I went to a store that had not yet updated the prices. They claimed that they had, the guy totaled my purchase. Honestly I thought it was a little high, but I was preoccupied so I couldn't be certain without seeing the receipt. Anyway, they had not updated the prices, but that is only half of the story.

What the receipt showed was games (that had dropped yesterday) which should have been 14.99, ringing up B1G1 free even though they were ringing up as 19.99.

For example, I bought two epic mickeys which rang up 19.99 each and then the computer deducted 19.99. The same applied to Splatterhouse and Kirby. As a result, I had to get $5 back on each set of games, but it was really odd how this all played out.[/QUOTE]
I believe it has been said before that the barcode from these latest B1G1 sales would work with any price games. You could buy a $49.99 used game and get another $49.99 game free so long as the employee scanned the barcode after each transaction.

But since the sale is only supposed to give you a $14.99 and under game free, then someone would likely get in trouble for allowing this.

If the employees at my BBV stores would actually consider scanning the barcode after each transaction and/or the system would pair up the like priced games on it's own to give the best possible discount, then I would've probably bought a TON more than I have the last couple of B1G1 sales.

Here's my horrible story from last night:

I went in because I saw they have Shadows of the Damned for $29.99 and wanted to pair it up with the $14.99 game. I saw Epic Mickey still marked at $19.99 and asked the cashier to check the price because I told her it should've been updated in a nice matter. She said it's not then to go speak to the manager which I did then he said he already did his weekly update. I said fine I will pair it with Mindjack and possibly exchange it at another store that had their price updated.

So then I bring Shadows and Mindjack to the register and the cashier told me its $48.xx and I showed her the promotion and she said it's for $14.99 and under. Then I told her that I was able to get the higher priced game last week as long as the $14.99 game is free at another location last week. She said no then called her manager and I spoke to him and explained to him what I did last week and he said he can only do what the promotion says and that me paying for a higher priced game with the $14.99 game would be stealing from the company. He even called the location of where I told him I bought it last week and said no which I think he was lying to me me because he knew I was right and said that that's what his boss told him. Unless I'm mistaken how is the boss working at another location. In my mind I was thinking how stupid is he to not let me pay $30 and get a free $14.99 game then get 2 $14.99 games. In no way did I ever raise my tone of voice to the manager so I just left with nothing.

Maybe I will go by the 1st location to settle this and maybe I will be able to buy Shadows at the 2nd store and bring it back to that 1st location and do a return/rebuy to get a $14.99 game free.

well i went this morning and grabbed 3 epic mickeys and a swfu2. she said she didn't know about any price drop and checked the computer to make sure, still said she saw nothing but gave them to me at 14.99 anyway. works for me.

[quote name='boogie4114']Here's my horrible story from last night:

I went in because I saw they have Shadows of the Damned for $29.99 and wanted to pair it up with the $14.99 game. I saw Epic Mickey still marked at $19.99 and asked the cashier to check the price because I told her it should've been updated in a nice matter. She said it's not then to go speak to the manager which I did then he said he already did his weekly update. I said fine I will pair it with Mindjack and possibly exchange it at another store that had their price updated.

So then I bring Shadows and Mindjack to the register and the cashier told me its $48.xx and I showed her the promotion and she said it's for $14.99 and under. Then I told her that I was able to get the higher priced game last week as long as the $14.99 game is free at another location last week. She said no then called her manager and I spoke to him and explained to him what I did last week and he said he can only do what the promotion says and that me paying for a higher priced game with the $14.99 game would be stealing from the company. He even called the location of where I told him I bought it last week and said no which I think he was lying to me me because he knew I was right and said that that's what his boss told him. Unless I'm mistaken how is the boss working at another location. In my mind I was thinking how stupid is he to not let me pay $30 and get a free $14.99 game then get 2 $14.99 games. In no way did I ever raise my tone of voice to the manager so I just left with nothing.

Maybe I will go by the 1st location to settle this and maybe I will be able to buy Shadows at the 2nd store and bring it back to that 1st location and do a return/rebuy to get a $14.99 game free.[/QUOTE]

Dont. Store systems arent connected. So ur most likely wont be able to return it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Dont. Store systems arent connected. So ur most likely wont be able to return it.[/QUOTE]

Even if I'm buying it back right away? Damn I can see that's why blockbusters are closing down as I noticed they closed another 1 in Brooklyn since the last sale. I just checked google shopping and now they have the updated price for Epic Mickey at $14.99 but I don't wanna go there to deal with that dumbass manager again.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']got clarification on the gift card redemption starting 9/12. you can bring in up to 5 giftcards per acct and exchange them for a 5 movie/game rental card that must be used at whatever store the rental card is activated. we will not and cannot check what value is on the card so if you have any cards laying around you might as well exchange them for something.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. 25 free rentals sounds good. Now I just have to dig up the old cards I stashed somewhere in my office.

What about that two months of Blockbuster online option? Will this be possible to sign up for in-store or only talking on the phone with BBV customer service?

DAMN, I just threw out like over a hundred $0 value cards a couple weeks ago. I was saving them for an art project that I never got around to. Oh well, limit 5 would have ruined my plan anyway. Thanks for the heads up though, I am sure there are people who would rather have something for their worthless cards rather than nothing.

What about that two months of Blockbuster online option? Will this be possible to sign up for in-store or only talking on the phone with BBV customer service?

You have to call the customer care line if you want the 2 month online option.

Just for clarification are Value Cards Gift cards for this purpose
?

Good question as there is no mention of it anywhere. I would just take them in and they'll probably give it to you.

Has anyone traded in brink and/or HB can you confirm it's TIV? I wanted to go by a BBV for another reason and need to stop by bby before hand, so figure might as well if it is still above 10 bucks.

I don't know when they update their prices, but it was reported as $17 not too long ago. Hunted was $22 at the same time. I traded Hunted in yesterday and it was still at $22, so Brink may be unchanged as well. If you're going by there anyway, just bring it along. If the value doesn't satisfy, tell them you changed your mind.

My local BBVs all, but one, had smart people working Monday's to do all the drops. One of the employees got on the ball at one of the stores and updated the stickers but didn't know why in the world it was still ringing up as $19.99. I said she now has to accept them in the system. She said no. Fumbled around for 5 minutes then called her manager. Then laughed and said that maybe I was right. A minute later and all was good.

I was Surprised as my 4 closest stores had a total of 15 epic mickeys and about 5 splatterhouses for PS3. Grabbed 6 EM and 2 SH and a couple MoH. tried to leave a couple at each store since I was just flipping these games. Turned $44 of BB GCs (2 hunted and 2 brink) into $177 of BB GC. so I think it was a nice labor day for myself.

Also my 3 $10 CoE were in stock (I thought I canceled this one, but to my surprise it was there). Will give me something to play the next few days before trading it in. Anyone know if they went down at BBV this week?

On a side note, If anyone has some extra BBV GCs sitting around that goes over the cap I would be more than happy to take them off your hands ;) . Of course I would be happy to work something out also.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Also my 3 $10 CoE were in stock (I thought I canceled this one, but to my surprise it was there). Will give me something to play the next few days before trading it in. Anyone know if they went down at BBV this week?

On a side note, If anyone has some extra BBV GCs sitting around that goes over the cap I would be more than happy to take them off your hands ;) . Of course I would be happy to work something out also.[/QUOTE]

HB can probably look it up for you but I didn't want to take the chance and turned in my one copy for $22. Hopefully I can turn that into a copy of Kirby/another $15 title/DAII guide today.

Stopped by another BBV last night ~10pm and they didn't appear to do the price changes as Kirby rang up at $20. Had wife with me so I didn't press the cashier. Might go back later this week depending if I can get a hold of one at a closer BBV.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I don't know when they update their prices, but it was reported as $17 not too long ago. Hunted was $22 at the same time. I traded Hunted in yesterday and it was still at $22, so Brink may be unchanged as well. If you're going by there anyway, just bring it along. If the value doesn't satisfy, tell them you changed your mind.[/QUOTE]

Xbox version of hunted stayed at $22, PS3 dropped to $19 as reported a few pages back.

Its supposed to still be going until the 11th, so you should be all good.

It ends Monday 9/12.

[quote name='aircobra']All the signs for it were taken down at my local store today[/QUOTE]

Same here, but they checked with another store who confirmed that it was still running.

HB would you mind checking the TiV on Hunted DF, Brink and Child of Eden whenever you get a minute?

Just wanted to confirm 100% what each TiV are for each console. That way misinformation is not spread.

Store closest to me still had games mispriced, so I asked the guy working and he said there were no price drops this week, not that he even bothered to check. He could at least pretend to do what the customer is asking, but I guess even that's too much nowadays.

I just got
The shoot
The fight
AC brotherhood ps3
AC Brotherhood 360
Just cause 2
Metroid m
2x epic Mickey
All for 75.35 out the door (she did some weird things on the receipt)

I am now headed to best buy for resistance 3 65.xx - for one game.
Seems stupid now....

[quote name='boogie4114']
I went in because I saw they have Shadows of the Damned for $29.99 and wanted to pair it up with the $14.99 game.

...he said he can only do what the promotion says and that me paying for a higher priced game with the $14.99 game would be stealing from the company.[/QUOTE]

#-o...

Once again the idiocy of this astounds me. So he'd rather you give him less money and take a cheaper game and still get the same $14.99 game free!? He doesn't see that taking $30 instead of $15 for old rental product is not a better thing for his company? Wow... No wonder we have so many problems... That $30 game will drop sooner or later and be a $14.99 game and then most likely sell for just $7.50 at the next B1G1.

(This is all besides the fact that the promo actually is supposed to allow $14.99 and over games. So he's not even following his company's policy let alone helping them make the most money.)

[quote name='bgame2']Just for clarification are Value Cards Gift cards for this purpose?[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so as I'd rather get rid of those and keep my holographic and scratch and sniff (gingerbread) gift cards ;).

[quote name='Toss']I just got
The shoot
The fight
AC brotherhood ps3
AC Brotherhood 360
Just cause 2
Metroid m
2x epic Mickey
All for 75.35 out the door (she did some weird things on the receipt)

I am now headed to best buy for resistance 3 65.xx - for one game.
Seems stupid now....[/QUOTE]

You should've used bestbuy pre-order bonus and get a gift receipt to get your money back. That's a loss for you

I haven't been checking the thread that much over the weekend, so I am not sure if this was posted but here goes...

I went into my local Blockbuster to rent Dead Island about an hour ago (wanted to rent it before I picked it up at Kmart) and the employee told me that they started a promotion for the monthly pass. Apparently if you sign up for the monthly pass the first month is only $7.50 and it is good for one game or movie out at a time. Each month there after is $14.99.

I hopped on the deal since I figured there are a lot of games I want to play, but not sure I even want to pay $40 for them at release since I know I won't play them enough.

Not sure if it is YMMV or not, but I am assuming it isn't, just thought it was weird that it wasn't posted anywhere else that I have seen (again unless I missed it).

So...

Game/Movie Monthly Pass - $7.50 for the first month with 1 out at a time

[quote name='mvp828']I haven't been checking the thread that much over the weekend, so I am not sure if this was posted but here goes...

I went into my local Blockbuster to rent Dead Island about an hour ago (wanted to rent it before I picked it up at Kmart) and the employee told me that they started a promotion for the monthly pass. Apparently if you sign up for the monthly pass the first month is only $7.50 and it is good for one game or movie out at a time. Each month there after is $14.99.

I hopped on the deal since I figured there are a lot of games I want to play, but not sure I even want to pay $40 for them at release since I know I won't play them enough.

Not sure if it is YMMV or not, but I am assuming it isn't, just thought it was weird that it wasn't posted anywhere else that I have seen (again unless I missed it).

So...

Game/Movie Monthly Pass - $7.50 for the first month with 1 out at a time[/QUOTE]

might do that next week so i can play Space Marine.

Picked up some more titles today, including Kirby and Mickey. I had to have the 1st store update their prices. My online coupon was severely reduced in value today. What used to be valued up to 9$ can only be used now for a single day rental. Bastards. I'm now on the fence with continuing my online program.

Im waiting on my neighborhood store to update their prices..apparently they need a manager..im not sweating it their all cool...by the way does any now the next highest trade ins beside Hunted and Brink?

[quote name='stoned99']Picked up some more titles today, including Kirby and Mickey. I had to have the 1st store update their prices. My online coupon was severely reduced in value today. What used to be valued up to 9$ can only be used now for a single day rental. Bastards. I'm now on the fence with continuing my online program.[/QUOTE]

Man, why have stores not updated their prices? I called some BBs and the closest one hasn't updated the prices but one farther away has.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Im waiting on my neighborhood store to update their prices..apparently they need a manager..im not sweating it their all cool...by the way does any now the next highest trade ins beside Hunted and Brink?[/QUOTE]

Those were the popular ones with CoE because they were all $10 last week. You can ask HB if you have any in particular you want him to look up.

My "unfriendly employee" story
I returned to the same BBV that I bought multiple games a few days ago and grabbed
iconxbox360.gif
NBA Jam $9.99 and
iconwii.gif
Megamind $9.99 (filler) and headed to the counter. The employee says that this wouldn't be a B1G1 free....I thought he was joking so I said "very funny". Then he said that he was serious. I asked why and he said that one of the games has to be $14.99. I told him that I bought $9.99 sets before from this exact store, I told him that all he had to do is scan the games and the barcode. He said "Even if it works, it's wrong". He told me that the other employee did it wrong. I told him to read the signage and he says that Corporate told him not follow the signage. He restated "1 game must be exactly $14.99 and the other has to be under $14.99". UNBELIEVABLE!!! I asked for the manager and he said he was in charge until the manager comes in 45 minutes later. I asked him to verify with another store. He says ok, but still insisted he was right. After a few minutes, he says "ha, see" and hands me the phone...I told the person on the phone my situation (buying 2 $9.99 games and 1 should be free). They said that I was right so I handed the phone back to the employee. A few minutes later, he goes to the back for the games and hands them to another employees and asks them to ring me up.
He didn't say sorry, just hid in the office.

[quote name='readthepost']my "unfriendly employee" story
i returned to the same bbv that i bought multiple games a few days ago and grabbed
iconxbox360.gif
nba jam $9.99 and
iconwii.gif
megamind $9.99 (filler) and headed to the counter. The employee says that this wouldn't be a b1g1 free....i thought he was joking so i said "very funny". Then he said that he was serious. I asked why and he said that one of the games has to be $14.99. I told him that i bought $9.99 sets before from this exact store, i told him that all he had to do is scan the games and the barcode. He said "even if it works, it's wrong". He told me that the other employee did it wrong. I told him to read the signage and he says that corporate told him not follow the signage. He restated "1 game must be exactly $14.99 and the other has to be under $14.99". Unbelievable!!! I asked for the manager and he said he was in charge until the manager comes in 45 minutes later. I asked him to verify with another store. He says ok, but still insisted he was right. After a few minutes, he says "ha, see" and hands me the phone...i told the person on the phone my situation (buying 2 $9.99 games and 1 should be free). They said that i was right so i handed the phone back to the employee. A few minutes later, he goes to the back for the games and hands them to another employees and asks them to ring me up.
[/quote]

smh

[quote name='Readthepost']My "unfriendly employee" story
I returned to the same BBV that I bought multiple games a few days ago and grabbed
iconxbox360.gif
NBA Jam $9.99 and
iconwii.gif
Megamind $9.99 (filler) and headed to the counter. The employee says that this wouldn't be a B1G1 free....I thought he was joking so I said "very funny". Then he said that he was serious. I asked why and he said that one of the games has to be $14.99. I told him that I bought $9.99 sets before from this exact store, I told him that all he had to do is scan the games and the barcode. He said "Even if it works, it's wrong". He told me that the other employee did it wrong. I told him to read the signage and he says that Corporate told him not follow the signage. He restated "1 game must be exactly $14.99 and the other has to be under $14.99". UNBELIEVABLE!!! I asked for the manager and he said he was in charge until the manager comes in 45 minutes later. I asked him to verify with another store. He says ok, but still insisted he was right. After a few minutes, he says "ha, see" and hands me the phone...I told the person on the phone my situation (buying 2 $9.99 games and 1 should be free). They said that I was right so I handed the phone back to the employee. A few minutes later, he goes to the back for the games and hands them to another employees and asks them to ring me up.
[/QUOTE]

Similar bs I went through except the manager didn't wanna make $15 more for the store if I bought a $30 game with a $15 game and I left with nothing. :cry:

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Those were the popular ones with CoE because they were all $10 last week. You can ask HB if you have any in particular you want him to look up.[/QUOTE]
Its driving me nuts,i usually know the games but which one is CoE ?Thanks.

bread's done
Back