The Fighting Game Thread - 7th edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']I need to get a lot better at DOA before I play you again.[/QUOTE]

iirc, that guy who was wailing on us was lagging like crazy too. I'm sure you could take some Cs and B- people, probably even better than that after a little practice, since yer into other fighters. :)

Hey MarkMan, what's going on?

Just to introduce myself to these people, I'm B:L, pro fighter.

No, not UFC or Pride, I meant pro fighting game player.
That's right, I'm the "Best Soul Calibur II Mitsurugi Player in the World!"

Soo...SCIII anyone?

[quote name='B:L']Hey MarkMan, what's going on?

Soo...SCIII anyone?[/QUOTE]

Hey what's up homie!

Fancy seeing you here...

SC III in SD once we start throwin tournies for it... :)

You can take our prizes but we'll destroy you in T5. :)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Demo didn't impress me, I'll probably wait 'til it hits $20 or less.[/QUOTE]
me too. I will gladly wait till $20 for it.

[quote name='B:L']Hey MarkMan, what's going on?

Soo...SCIII anyone?[/QUOTE]

Welcome B:L!

impressive credentials....but whatever, I'm the "Best DoA player on CAG!" ;-)

I might hit up SCIII later on, but as of right now, my sights and my bank account are set on DoA 4.

[quote name='xenoman80']ok so i know the dbz fighting games arent to deep but any thoughts on teckachi?[/QUOTE]
If you're a fan of DBZ, you must get this game. Spike has done a great job improving what Dimps left for them and giving the fans what they wanted, freedom of flight, huge levels, and more fighters.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're a fan of DBZ, you must get this game. Spike has done a great job improving what Dimps left for them and giving the fans what they wanted, freedom of flight, huge levels, and more fighters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried it out a bit a EB today and it was pretty fun for what it is.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're a fan of DBZ, you must get this game. Spike has done a great job improving what Dimps left for them and giving the fans what they wanted, freedom of flight, huge levels, and more fighters.[/QUOTE]

I also heard it was a great improvment over Budokai. It's a huge cast of like 90 characters. The only thing I don't like is you can't transform during battles. SS Goku and normal Goku are 2 diffrent characters.

btw everyone, the D-pad on the 360 controller will be great for fighters, if you like loose pads, like me. picture the S-controller D-pad, now take off a quarter inch or so around the diameter, replace it softer plastic and tighten it up just a tad, and you have the 360 controller.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I also heard it was a great improvment over Budokai. It's a huge cast of like 90 characters. The only thing I don't like is you can't transform during battles. SS Goku and normal Goku are 2 diffrent characters.[/QUOTE]
It's not really that they're seperate characters since in the character select screen, you just press up or down to choose which form you want. I see what you're saying but it's fine the way they've done it.

EDIT: And it's actually about 50-60 characters, not counting different forms. They've got the many characters from Z, GT, and the movies, but I want a DB fighter. :sad: It prefectly fits the fighter style with the World Martial Arts tourneys and how the series' story is. :sad: Too bad it'll never happen.

That reminds me, when I went to Gamestop today they had the SF Anniversary controllers on sale for $14.99 instead of $29.99. I got the Guile one (shocker huh?). I might go back for Akuma and Bison later.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not really that they're seperate characters since in the character select screen, you just press up or down to choose which form you want. I see what you're saying but it's fine the way they've done it.

EDIT: And it's actually about 50-60 characters, not counting different forms. They've got the many characters from Z, GT, and the movies, but I want a DB fighter. :sad: It prefectly fits the fighter style with the World Martial Arts tourneys and how the series' story is. :sad: Too bad it'll never happen.[/QUOTE]

Well since you can't transform during battle I consider them seperate. Just cause they don't hold a difffrent "select block" doesn't mean anything. And yeah, I was counting the diffrent forms. But I do like all the little odd chracrters like the entire Ginyu Force.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That reminds me, when I went to Gamestop today they had the SF Anniversary controllers on sale for $14.99 instead of $29.99. I got the Guile one (shocker huh?). I might go back for Akuma and Bison later.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they've been that price for a while. Fry's still has quite a bit of them left, and I'm tempted to pick them up just because they're cheap. I don't really have any game that they'd be good for.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, they've been that price for a while. Fry's still has quite a bit of them left, and I'm tempted to pick them up just because they're cheap. I don't really have any game that they'd be good for.[/QUOTE] That's weird. The first I noticed it was today.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That reminds me, when I went to Gamestop today they had the SF Anniversary controllers on sale for $14.99 instead of $29.99. I got the Guile one (shocker huh?). I might go back for Akuma and Bison later.[/QUOTE]
are the controllers any good or do they just look fuckin awesome?

[quote name='mcgavin27']are the controllers any good or do they just like fuckin awesome?[/QUOTE]

I own one and it's pretty good. But anything non Street Fighter that doesn't have the 6 button layout like Guilty Gear or KOF is kinda weird. The d-pad's good. My biggest complaint is the Start Button is very close to the Triangle and LI buttons. Girls with nails seem to hit it by accident. I know you were asking Guile, sorry to butt in.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I own one and it's pretty good. But anything non Street Fighter that doesn't have the 6 button layout like Guilty Gear or KOF is kinda weird. The d-pad's good. My biggest complaint is the Start Button is very close to the Triangle and LI buttons. Girls with nails seem to hit it by accident. I know you were asking Guile, sorry to butt in.[/QUOTE]
No need to be sorry, I was just asking anyone that has a controller.

I tried the controller this morning with KOF and it was pretty good IMO.

For those of you with KOF 02/03, is it just me or is it harder to pull off specials that require both kicks or punches on '02? I was trying some of the moves in practice mode in '02 and I couldn't do any that required LP+SP or LK+SK to finish the special. Yet with '03 I didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I tried the controller this morning with KOF and it was pretty good IMO.

For those of you with KOF 02/03, is it just me or is it harder to pull off specials that require both kicks or punches on '02? I was trying some of the moves in practice mode in '02 and I couldn't do any that required LP+SP or LK+SK to finish the special. Yet with '03 I didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble.[/QUOTE]

The timing seems to be more exact when preforming SDMs. Kyo's QCB, QCB +1+3 got annoying to pull off properly. Also doing Angel's DM counters, especially the "People's Elbow" just aren't very practical.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']The timing seems to be more exact when preforming SDMs. Kyo's QCB, QCB +1+3 got annoying to pull off properly. Also doing Angel's DM counters, especially the "People's Elbow" just aren't very practical.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. I tried it online too. The lag seemed minimal from what I could tell.

...I still need to pick up KoF 02/03... once holiday games stop digging into my bank account. Damn SCIII... I can safely say I am probably the best "Nightmare" player here on CAG, but that's not saying much... Pretty much anyone else can say that, and they are probably right...

I just hope I'm the "Best Kazuya player on CAG", cuz if I wasn't, well, then that would not make me happy.

Just played Matrimelee for the first time... it's okay, but the main highlight is the music. Nothing too special though.

One thing I would like to see happen in 2D fighters more (or even at all), is the ability to delay attacks (much like Soul Cal). I can't seem to think of any 2d fighter that allows you to do this (other than when doing supers).

Rolento - I like Nightmare also, but I'm more of a Cervantes player, I won a tournement with him. Markman seems to be proficent in Tekken, he's the only CAG that might give you a run for your money with the "Kazuya Title." I can use him fairly well, but probably not as good as you.

yeah, I think Markman could actualyl whoop my ass. I've never done tournament play, but with my current support of actual competition now, I may start going to local competitions. If it's a way to get some good money possibly, I'm in.

Supposedly I heard now in SCIII you can do guard impacts while jumping...?? crazy!

Delaying would actually add a whole other level of strategy to 2d fighters. I don't know but 2d fighters feel more like you have less options available to you when being offensive/defensive... I still love them, but htey just feel limited... I've been spoiled by too many good 3d Fighters :( ...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I tried the controller this morning with KOF and it was pretty good IMO.

For those of you with KOF 02/03, is it just me or is it harder to pull off specials that require both kicks or punches on '02? I was trying some of the moves in practice mode in '02 and I couldn't do any that required LP+SP or LK+SK to finish the special. Yet with '03 I didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble.[/QUOTE]

The only problem I had was switching over from the Dreamcast version to this one. Once i got used to it it was old hat.

I think someone asked in the last thread about lag. Its almost nonexistent in this one. Actually id say its the most lag free fighting game on Xbox live.

Rolento - Wasn't delaying in Rumble Fish?

Kuma - I had the same problem too. Alot of people complained about the DC controller but since it was the "2D fighter machine" of last generation I got used to it and have no problem using it. And thanks for the heads up about the lag. I haven't played much online so I'm not used to the timing with lag.

Has Itagaki ever said anything about the Soul Caliber series?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Rolento - Wasn't delaying in Rumble Fish?

Kuma - I had the same problem too. Alot of people complained about the DC controller but since it was the "2D fighter machine" of last generation I got used to it and have no problem using it. And thanks for the heads up about the lag. I haven't played much online so I'm not used to the timing with lag.

Has Itagaki ever said anything about the Soul Caliber series?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to play Rumble Fish, though it's a high priority for me to do so. If delay was implimented into it, more power to them! 2D fighters need some new life built into them, and if Rumble Fish has some good sequals, it may just be the answer.

Itagaki never directly named Soul Calibur, but he implied some things... some kid on gamefaqs asked the same question and got a whole thread about it:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=927089&topic=24171288

he's a real ass to namco, but namco always outdoes him in fighters, so he's kinda like the little kid that whines for getting second place.

That's pretty funny thread Rolento. I read a post where some guy said: "DOA would not exist if VF never existed." That's dumb to say cause the genre wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Street Fighter. Well it might.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']That's pretty funny thread Rolento. I read a post where some guy said: "DOA would not exist if VF never existed." That's dumb to say cause the genre wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Street Fighter. Well it might.[/QUOTE]

Not necissarily. One-on-one fighters existed before Street Fighter (Karate Champ, Karateka, etc.). Street Fighter just set the universal standard for the genre, but you all know that already =P

Tekken :)

Best SC player on here would actually be B:L... he's placed top 8 at the last EVO tournament for SC II...

I'll take the Tekken title though!

Practice those EWGFs and WD/LD mixups with Kaz... ;)

[quote name='MarkMan']Tekken :)

Best SC player on here would actually be B:L... he's placed top 8 at the last EVO tournament for SC II...

I'll take the Tekken title though!

Practice those EWGFs and WD/LD mixups with Kaz... ;)[/QUOTE]

is bl from shoryuken?

[quote name='MarkMan']Best SC player on here would actually be B:L... he's placed top 8 at the last EVO tournament for SC II...[/QUOTE]

gtfo. I'M the best Soul Calibur player. Don't fuck with my Link.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:rofl:

Link sucks. Talim 4 Lyfe. ;)[/QUOTE]

All your opinions suck.

White Stripes = Good
Skittles = Bad
Virtua Fighter = Good
Anorexic Girls = Good

Do I need to get anymore?

After observing my roommate play Budokai Tenkaichi some more, I've noticed a few small flaws. The character's voices during moves, the "Ka-Me-Ha-Me-Ha!"s and such, are done with the Japanese voices and not the English voices. The mouths on the characters move to the Japanese and not English, even with the English voices on. The tiles of stone in the tourney arena clip and move slightly when the cutscenes of characters talking to each other and are a little annoying. The last little annoyance I've noticed is that Roshi can fly, though he never learned to fly in the anime. Nothing big, but it's just unfortunate that these issued weren't fixed in the localization.

Also, I might get SC3 instead of one of the three TRU games I wanted to get. I made a very nice Rock Lee (w/o the trademark hair and face) and he hops around and does the Konoha Senpu (sp?) and other Rock Lee-like moves in the SC3 demo. I can't wait to get some more time with him. Too bad Olga was tough as fuck on the moving on water stage in the demo.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']After observing my roommate play Budokai Tenkaichi some more, I've noticed a few small flaws. The character's voices during moves, the "Ka-Me-Ha-Me-Ha!"s and such, are done with the Japanese voices and not the English voices. The mouths on the characters move to the Japanese and not English, even with the English voices on. The tiles of stone in the tourney arena clip and move slightly when the cutscenes of characters talking to each other and are a little annoying. The last little annoyance I've noticed is that Roshi can fly, though he never learned to fly in the anime. Nothing big, but it's just unfortunate that these issued weren't fixed in the localization.[/QUOTE]

he should be able to fly with that cloud.

[quote name='2poor']he should be able to fly with that cloud.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but without it, he's not able to fly. It was an odd thing to see, but for the sake of the gameplay, it's an insignificant problem.

jeeze, I am having the hardest damn time doing EWGF... any tips? the number of frames allowing me to do them is so damn limited...

Link players just live a sad life in SCII...

As for Talim... well she just scares me. I always refer to her as the "15 year old with a Camel Toe"... it's quite disturbing.

oh, and rodimus... almost any thread on Gamefaqs is usually sad anyway, so don't think that I meant that thread would be any good...

Well, if I aint the best Nightmare player, then it's probably that I'm the best Asteroth player (I highly doubt that even)

[quote name='The VGM']All your opinions suck.

White Stripes = Good
Skittles = Bad
Virtua Fighter = Good
Anorexic Girls = Good

Do I need to get anymore?[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Skittles were bad, I said they were unsatisfying.

I don't see how you can argue with the other ones. :lol:

[quote name='2poor']using the youngest female in the game subs. i didnt see that coming.[/QUOTE]

It's a coincidence. I just like her style. :cool: :lol:

im a nightmare and cervantes player. i remember cervantes had this badass combo where he would do his psycho crusher thing back and forth.

[quote name='2poor']im a nightmare and cervantes player. i remember cervantes had this badass combo where he would do his psycho crusher thing back and forth.[/QUOTE]

Cervantes is teh gay. That Yamakazi dude is not.

How do you spell his name again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back