The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='Drclaw411']One I have in my personal collection that i'm noticing is becoming hard to come by is Futurama for the Xbox.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that one seems to waver between $20-30. If you're interested in selling you might be able to capitalize this summer, I read that the show is returning to TV then.

Couldn't find any ebay listings for this, but does anyone have a good idea of the worth of a boxed Intellivision 2 system in very good condition? I've arranged to buy one for $35 this week, is it worth that price?

[quote name='lude21']i heard the PAL version has a "P" on the end label, mine doesnt. Can anyone help me out with this one?[/QUOTE]

Stick it in your Atari. It is an Atari brand cart, so it should play without too much fiddling (again, Activision carts are the ones with the most probs). If it plays, its NTSC.

[quote name='controlcommerce']What's a good selling price for a copy of Vagrant Story GH mint condition?[/QUOTE]$25

[quote name='Segasonic01']I found sealed copy of Rolan's Curse at a closing blockbuster the other day for $20. Its factory sealed, not a reseal. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
you should pick that up then if its not a reseal.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I found sealed copy of Rolan's Curse at a closing blockbuster the other day for $20. Its factory sealed, not a reseal. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Found one too, also picked up TMNT Fall of the foot clan. I sold Rolan's Curse for 89 on ebay.

I posted about a million pages ago asking about a Sega Saturn ST Key (to play import games) and no one really knew without pics. Anyway I finally dug it out and got a pic
006.jpg

Any idea what it's worth ?

^^for real.. are you guys serious? Fall of the Foot Clan was one of the very first games I played on the Game Boy. I played it when I was like 6.

[quote name='Scorch']Fall of the Foot Clan was one of the very first games I played on the Game Boy. I played it when I was like 6.[/QUOTE]

same here. I played that game to death as a kid

Anyone know what a black label copy of Metriod Prime for GC would be worth? I found two black label copies this evening at a store for $1 and $2.50 respectively.

[quote name='ninja dog']what the hell? rolan's curse and TMNT fall of the footclan...you guys are finding sealed original gameboy games at blockbuster stores :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol, I was shocked too. Here is my listing from Ebay, TMNT is currently at VGA getting graded. I would suggest checking every Blockbuster you see closing as they seem to not clear out their old stuff unless they have too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270552758466&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

[quote name='Ash Burton']Lol, I was shocked too. Here is my listing from Ebay, TMNT is currently at VGA getting graded. I would suggest checking every Blockbuster you see closing as they seem to not clear out their old stuff unless they have too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270552758466&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT[/QUOTE]

those must have been some old BBs. I can't imagine that stuff sitting back there in boxes for years without anyone doing anything about them.

Anyone know what a black label copy of Metriod Prime for GC would be worth? I found two black label copies this evening at a store for $1 and $2.50 respectively.
Not sealed? It's worth about $5 my friend.

those must have been some old BBs. I can't imagine that stuff sitting back there in boxes for years without anyone doing anything about them
It certainly doesn't hurt to, if possible, cozy up with the employees and ask if they got anything lingering about in the back room. The big-time blockbusters are probably cleared-out, but if you come across one of those independent hole-in-the-wall BBs that never sell off any of their product (the only one left closest to me is about 700 square feet of space and only has a handful of release-date Xbox 1 games for sale) you might have some success

dabamus-
as stated, game is worth about $5 in money, but in gameplay value much more. Game is so good, if you've not played it do so

Has the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 always been the least valuable one? Word of mouth always posed it as the best of the ports, and you figured it was harder to come across when compared to the PS2/Xbox version, but it only fetches like $15-20 now wheras the others still go for $40. What gives? This seems backwards... obviously they all went down in price due to the XBLA/PSN versions but it just seems like the DC one would be the most coveted.

[quote name='eastshore4']Has the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 always been the least valuable one? Word of mouth always posed it as the best of the ports, and you figured it was harder to come across when compared to the PS2/Xbox version, but it only fetches like $15-20 now wheras the others still go for $40. What gives? This seems backwards... obviously they all went down in price due to the XBLA/PSN versions but it just seems like the DC one would be the most coveted.[/QUOTE]

Supply and demand. With the PS2 being one of the best selling consoles, and early PS3s offering compatibility, there is more demand for the PS2 version. The PS2's DVD player is still a killer app, and make's it welcome as a dual device for play rooms.

With most Dreamcasts collecting dust these days, there is just no demand for Dreamcast games. Tragic really.

So, I got Persona 3 for PS2 brand new for $20. I don't know much about it, since I didn't keep up with PS2 stuff once I got my PS3. It's got an art book with it.

Worth the $20? Should I sell/trade it? Did FES make this one worthless?

I got Beautiful Katamari (360) and Indigo Prophecy (PS2) for $15 total. The only problem is they came in Hollywood Video rental cases (the ones with the cover art, but the back has an abbreviated manual). BK had no manual but IP did. Did I make out good on this because I will probably go back tomorrow.

[quote name='mickeyu422']I got Beautiful Katamari (360) and Indigo Prophecy (PS2) for $15 total. The only problem is they came in Hollywood Video rental cases (the ones with the cover art, but the back has an abbreviated manual). BK had no manual but IP did. Did I make out good on this because I will probably go back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, if the game has any part of the original coverart, the manual or the disc/cart is seriously screwed up or missing, then it's a bad deal and you shouldn't take it.

Anything that may have a potential to go up in value should be either sealed or mint/complete.

But if you just bought them to play and you can overlook the incomplete coverart and missing manual for BK, then keep them.

[quote name='Rig']Did FES make this one worthless?[/QUOTE]
yeah it did. it did go back up briefly but it went down again. right now just be lucky you picked it up for $20. some sealed listings before ended at $15..

if you can find the amazon exclusive bundle of FES that should be worth something.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In all honesty, if the game has any part of the original coverart, the manual or the disc/cart is seriously screwed up or missing, then it's a bad deal and you shouldn't take it.

Anything that may have a potential to go up in value should be either sealed or mint/complete.

But if you just bought them to play and you can overlook the incomplete coverart and missing manual for BK, then keep them.[/QUOTE]What are you talking about? You can get at least triple for disc only copies of beautiful katamari and indigo prophecy.

[quote name='Rig']So, I got Persona 3 for PS2 brand new for $20. I don't know much about it, since I didn't keep up with PS2 stuff once I got my PS3. It's got an art book with it.

Worth the $20? Should I sell/trade it? Did FES make this one worthless?[/QUOTE]

$20 is pretty standard for the game, $30ish+ for a sealed. So not a bad buy for $20 but not great either. At one point in time it was very valuable but as you guessed FES did drop it hard.

Heres one that currently isnt rare but I am wondering if its going to be very shortly. Eternal Sonata. It seemed like the price bottomed out at about $20 but recently its creeping up a buck or two every month or so. I am wondering if the market on its bottomed out and we might see it become rare or at least semi rare.

[quote name='MSI Magus']$20 is pretty standard for the game, $30ish+ for a sealed. So not a bad buy for $20 but not great either. At one point in time it was very valuable but as you guessed FES did drop it hard.[/QUOTE]

The reprint before FES came out didn't help either.

[quote name='mickeyu422']I got Beautiful Katamari (360) and Indigo Prophecy (PS2) for $15 total. The only problem is they came in Hollywood Video rental cases (the ones with the cover art, but the back has an abbreviated manual). BK had no manual but IP did. Did I make out good on this because I will probably go back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I purchased Beautiful Katamari for $15 new at Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure I read about it in the Wal-Mart thread but it's been this price for quite some time. I found about 8-13 copies at one of my local ones.

What do you guys think about a Growlanser Generations Deluxe complete with all the extras and in Like New condition? Judging from Amazon I thought $34 since my main competition is the ever-lovely pieceofmindmedia, but it's hard to tell since the other listings don't describe all the components.

[quote name='eastshore4']Has the Dreamcast version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 always been the least valuable one? Word of mouth always posed it as the best of the ports, and you figured it was harder to come across when compared to the PS2/Xbox version, but it only fetches like $15-20 now wheras the others still go for $40. What gives? This seems backwards... obviously they all went down in price due to the XBLA/PSN versions but it just seems like the DC one would be the most coveted.[/QUOTE]
it lost alot of value when marvel vs. capcom 2 for xbl and psn came out. i made a comment about it here if you dig further. all of the versions did actually but the ps2 and xbox version is slowly going up in value again. i think mvc3 might be responsible for that.

[quote name='phear3d']it lost alot of value when marvel vs. capcom 2 for xbl and psn came out. i made a comment about it here if you dig further. all of the versions did actually but the ps2 and xbox version is slowly going up in value again. i think mvc3 might be responsible for that.[/QUOTE]

I understand that the XBLA/PSN release caused the prices to drop, but I think what I'm finding so confusing is that it seems to be working against every sort of trend you expect for rare game values. Why would people with backwards compatible 360s and PS3s buy the game when they can download the updated version? At least from my experience there was a nearly-unanimous opinion that the DC version was the best one out there as well. I guess I just don't see why the DC version has been flailing while the others haven't. The PS2 version is still available at Gamestop as well, so it's not like it's impossible to find out on the streets, esp. when compared to the DC version.

But yeah I can def. see the prices in general springing up due to MVC 3. Might want to stake out one of those fight sticks!

[quote name='eastshore4']I understand that the XBLA/PSN release caused the prices to drop, but I think what I'm finding so confusing is that it seems to be working against every sort of trend you expect for rare game values. Why would people with backwards compatible 360s and PS3s buy the game when they can download the updated version? At least from my experience there was a nearly-unanimous opinion that the DC version was the best one out there as well. I guess I just don't see why the DC version has been flailing while the others haven't. The PS2 version is still available at Gamestop as well, so it's not like it's impossible to find out on the streets, esp. when compared to the DC version.

But yeah I can def. see the prices in general springing up due to MVC 3. Might want to stake out one of those fight sticks![/QUOTE]

Because the DC is a system that only has a few crazy supporters. For most people the DC was either just an ok system or its a no name no point in owning system. Meanwhile the Xbox lasted the generation and the PS2 reigned as some kind of God.

1. Not everyone use XBL or PSN
2. A lot of people are still using original PS2/Xbox
3. There are a lot fewer DC owner compare to PS2/Xbox owner

I think these are overlooking my point, but perhaps I'm not explaining correctly. Let me ask a question: before the XBLA/PSN ports, were ALL the MvC2s fetching around the same price, or has the DC version ALWAYS had a lower value compared to the other two?

DC pretty much always had a lower value. Something people haven't mentioned is that the Xbox and PS2 versions of the game had very low print runs, since the game was rushed out before Capcom lost the Marvel fighting license.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Anyone else think that 'Record of Argarest Naughty Edition' is going to be a rare game in the future?![/QUOTE]
yes, if it really IS limited

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Anyone else think that 'Record of Argarest Naughty Edition' is going to be a rare game in the future?![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Segasonic01']yes, if it really IS limited[/QUOTE]

lol it wuz mah amazon quick picks gold box item a few dayz ago. Passed on it should I of bought?

what about Deathsmiles LTD ed will that be rare? I enjoyed playing a friend's import 360 version.

who knows really. all i know right now is that when blazblue le came out, there were 2 SKU's for the same game meaning they intended to release a Game Only version of the game. which was a smart thing to do. sellout of the LE first, then re-release it without the bundle.

but, with collector's editions coming out left and right, you should always keep in mind that its rarity or however you want to put it is based on how good a game or port, etc. this is. nobody wants a CE of a game that sucks ass. if deathsmiles does gain good reviews, they it could sell out quick.

[quote name='phear3d']but, with collector's editions coming out left and right, you should always keep in mind that its rarity or however you want to put it is based on how good a game or port, etc. this is. nobody wants a CE of a game that sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

i saw a used CE of Turning Point Fall of Liberty at Gamestop the other day. I almost bought it with store credit just for the absurdity that they released a CE for that game.

Was cleaning out my closet and came across the following games. All of these are sealed, original US releases.

Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon (GBA)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Golden Sun (GBA)
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)

I remember buying these with plans to play through them, but my school studies took precedence. A quick glance at eBay showed some ridiculous BIN prices with no one biting. Anyone happen to know the real value of these?

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Anyone else think that 'Record of Argarest Naughty Edition' is going to be a rare game in the future?![/QUOTE]No, because all of us like minded individuals on video game forums are stocking up on it thinking it is going to be rare and expensive. The only rare and expensive LEs are ones people don't expect, like Mass Effect and Bioshock. I don't think any RPG LE sets are going to be rare this gen because so many people are expecting them to be rare.

[quote name='darkslime']No, because all of us like minded individuals on video game forums are stocking up on it thinking it is going to be rare and expensive. The only rare and expensive LEs are ones people don't expect, like Mass Effect and Bioshock. I don't think any RPG LE sets are going to be rare this gen because so many people are expecting them to be rare.[/QUOTE]
It also didn't sale out of its allocations on amazon or gamestop.com... Something that both ME and Bioshock did.

Granted, you never know till its way too late. I brought Tales of Vesperia Special Edition from Amazon sometime after it shipped. (In fact the only reason I do have it was because it was cheaper than the normal edition was on amazon... and I thought it was something the wife might like.)

[quote name='LordFlux']Was cleaning out my closet and came across the following games. All of these are sealed, original US releases.

Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon (GBA)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Golden Sun (GBA)
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)

I remember buying these with plans to play through them, but my school studies took precedence. A quick glance at eBay showed some ridiculous BIN prices with no one biting. Anyone happen to know the real value of these?[/QUOTE]

They're all worth a good amount more than you paid for them, I'm not sure on the actual value, but you can check Amazon for the going new price.

[quote name='salty tbone']i saw a used CE of Turning Point Fall of Liberty at Gamestop the other day. I almost bought it with store credit just for the absurdity that they released a CE for that game.[/QUOTE]

I have that game from Sears clearance, haven't played it yet but it can't be worse than Two Worlds, which also got a CE.

And if Record of Agarest really did become super valuable, it'd just be another reason to give up on humanity.

bread's done
Back