The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

Played a couple hours of Uncharted last night. Was kind of iffy about it at first but it has sucked me in and I'm really enjoying it now.
I played it With the sound hooked up my stereo, sounded fantastic.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Yep you get a free 4GB memory card with the purchase of a Wi-Fi playstation Vita this week. Its on page 12 of this week's Target ad. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'm headed to Target this afternoon to see if I can pick up Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf and Rayman Origins as part of the B2G1. I'd love to get the console but I'm stuck buying at GameStop - I have a ton of free gift cards to use from surveys - about $150 worth so I'll basically be getting the console for $100 out of pocket. Its a good deal for me but then I need to get a memory card which sucks ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda bummed that Best Buy isnt really doing anything sale wise on the Vita. I would go to Target in a heartbeat but I have $160 in GC from BBY.

well gamestop didn't even tell their employees about the sale. the employee thought it was online only. but got him to try and ring it up and it came up b2g1 on all first party. got modnation, wipeout, and hotshots for $80

So did anyone here download the Michael Jackson "demo" a few days ago? I did, but I think I installed it on my PS3 (and deleted the install bubble), and it's my understanding that only uninstalled games can be transferred.

Can I redownload the "demo" and still luck out since it'll be in my download history, or will I only get the real demo if I try and redownload now?

[quote name='dallow']Target doesn't seem to be stocking Rayman, and they likely won't have Uncharted or HSG out on the floor until Wednesday. If you bug them, they'll grab them from the stockroom.

I would try to price match at Best Buy or Walmart.

Here's a Target stock checker though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArQbDHrqYsBedHJKcjdHQ3NSSDJxbG9fR1lVMXZySGc&output=html[/QUOTE]

Amazon to the rescue! Still, $90 for 3 games seems crazy, doesn't it? I'm thinking I might have to wait a year and pick up a Vita - these launch games will be $20 by then easy. I don't know... I love the new tech though!

[quote name='pjb16']So did anyone here download the Michael Jackson "demo" a few days ago? I did, but I think I installed it on my PS3 (and deleted the install bubble), and it's my understanding that only uninstalled games can be transferred.

Can I redownload the "demo" and still luck out since it'll be in my download history, or will I only get the real demo if I try and redownload now?[/QUOTE]
I don't see how that can happen...

I still have it on my PS3, but I downloaded it yesterday via my Vita's download history and I earned trophies, so it's not fixed. Just removed from the store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Vita content doesn't install on the PS3. There's only one way for you to find out.[/QUOTE]
Well maybe I have it wrong in my head, but I thought I installed it (though I know it's unplayable on the ps3).

[quote name='dallow']I don't see how that can happen...

I still have it on my PS3, but I downloaded it yesterday via my Vita's download history and I earned trophies, so it's not fixed. Just removed from the store.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I'll have my fingers crossed for Friday when I get to check.

[quote name='Javery']Amazon to the rescue! Still, $90 for 3 games seems crazy, doesn't it? I'm thinking I might have to wait a year and pick up a Vita - these launch games will be $20 by then easy. I don't know... I love the new tech though![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the system hardware itself is awesome, but I just can't bring myself to pay these prices for games, particularly since I only have a 5 minute commute to work and would only use a handheld system at home. Gravity Rush at the end of May will likely change my mind though...

[quote name='coolz481']Yeah, the system hardware itself is awesome, but I just can't bring myself to pay these prices for games, particularly since I only have a 5 minute commute to work and would only use a handheld system at home. Gravity Rush at the end of May will likely change my mind though...[/QUOTE]

if you live where i live though and anything worth doing is 45 minutes away at least then yeah it's worth having. i do think wipeout is the perfect game for 10-15 minute bursts though

Ended up getting four games at launch from Amazon and TRU.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Hot Shots Golf
Lumines
Rayman Origins

Got enough games to keep me busy for months to come.

Sweet, got the wife to reorder the WiFi from Amazon so that I'd get the 4GB card. Not sure how fast I'll fill it up, but free is free. Was going to get a 16 or 32, but now I may be able to wait a little while.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Ended up getting four games at launch from Amazon and TRU.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Hot Shots Golf
Lumines
Rayman Origins

Got enough games to keep me busy for months to come.[/QUOTE]
yeah i don't think i've ever had this many games this close too launch. i already have fifa, mod nation, hot shots, and wipeout as well as uncharted from gamefly. sure i could play all of those on my ps3 but those games i bought are perfect for when watching tv and not paying attention. @pjb i got the 4gb with my feb and i have 5 games installed and updated with 2700mb free space.

Anybody else buy the official Sony Playstation Vita Protective Film - Two Pack screen protectors? I bought them for $10 at Best Buy today and was just wondering how there are? Also are they easy to install? I haven't opened them yet, but for $10 they better be pretty damn good lol!

[quote name='Mikocouch']getter done.[/QUOTE]

I reordered one..... As I said pages ago my issue was the memory cards and game prices right at launch. The hardware, IMO, is worth the money thats not the problem. Now that I can get a free MC and granted its only a 4gb, but that should hold me over until prices drop. Then add in I can get some games for a little under 30 each after b2g1 well that puts me just over 300 for the system, games, and a MC.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: I was at the Christiana Best Buy (Delaware) yesterday and they had 3 First Edition bundles that were never picked up last week. They are putting them up for sale today in case anyone is interested.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Anybody else buy the official Sony Playstation Vita Protective Film - Two Pack screen protectors? I bought them for $10 at Best Buy today and was just wondering how there are? Also are they easy to install? I haven't opened them yet, but for $10 they better be pretty damn good lol![/QUOTE]

Yeah I've heard nothing but praise for them about how easy they are to get on as well as the quality. Mine should arrive today so that I'll have it in time for the big day!

[quote name='el swordo']should i get the screen protector? i still have $15 credit at gamestop. even if i keep it in my case when not in use?[/QUOTE]

You absolutely should get a screen protector, preferably the Sony brand 2-pack. No reason to risk scratching the Vita screen, after all its not Gorilla Glass like the Kindle Fire's screen, it WILL scratch if you aren't careful.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Anybody else buy the official Sony Playstation Vita Protective Film - Two Pack screen protectors? I bought them for $10 at Best Buy today and was just wondering how there are? Also are they easy to install? I haven't opened them yet, but for $10 they better be pretty damn good lol![/QUOTE]

Just got 'em, can't use them 'til my Vita arrives in a week.

Trying to decide what my second game should be. I've already got HSG, so for now I don't want Virtua Tennis or Fifa. Didn't care for Uncharted when I tried it. What are some of everyone's favorite games (For those that have a Vita already obviously)?

[quote name='jza1218']Trying to decide what my second game should be. I've already got HSG, so for now I don't want Virtua Tennis or Fifa. Didn't care for Uncharted when I tried it. What are some of everyone's favorite games (For those that have a Vita already obviously)?[/QUOTE]

It's only two more weeks until The Show, so just play the heck out of HSG until then! (We played in the MLB 2K11 league last year so I'm assuming you'll be getting The Show?)

Of course this is what I told myself I would do and yet still ordered three more games from Amazon's B2G1 sale yesterday (Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue).

for all those inquiring about the official Sony protective film. IDK, its an ok purchase, but almost a joke. They have the cut-out template like the big boys are prepped to have, but it doesn't even really stay on. I just went full on, un-peeled it all and slapped it down. Of course my first attempt wasn't spot on, so I peeled it back up and re-applied. What was cool is that the film is thicker than what I've seen in the past, so there were no tiny air bubbles. I also think I bent a middle part of one side, so there is a little air gap there, but nothing major.

Don't forget to pair this with the plastic MadCatz armor shell that GS has for $12.99. picked it up this weekend and will probably never take it off. It also means you don't have to get a Hori protector if you were looking to cover the whole face. The MadCatz shell also has a nice little kickstand that works great (why would anybody by that god awful official Sony back cover kick stand for $20??)

so, all in all, definitely worth it, can't compare it to a Hori, thats all I've ever bought in the past, and even though the Hori is $7 from Amazon, I see no need to place an order for it to replace the official Sony one just yet..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/21/plants-vs-zombies-for-ps-vita-shambles-to-psn-today/

Plants vs Zombies on Vita has 43 trophies, including a platinum trophy. That's stunning news since it's had a PSN/XBLA-level of achievements on every other platform.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...olden-abyss-treasure-map-pack-this-wednesday/

They're going to offer Uncharted GA DLC tomorrow that adds maps to Drake's Journal for the treasures for those that want help with trophies. It doesn't seem like it'll be free.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/21/street-fighter-x-tekken-out-on-vita-this-fall-with-12-more-chara/

Street Fighter X Tekken will be out this fall for Vita and will have 12 more exclusive characters beyond the five that have already been announced:
The Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken will be the most populous of all. In addition to the PS3/Vita-exclusive Pac-Man, Mega Man, Cole, Toro, and Kuro, Capcom announced twelve extra characters on Vita as part of its Street Fighter 25th Anniversary celebration. The portable fighter will have exclusive access to Street Fighter's Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley and Blanka, and Tekken's Alisa, Christie, Jack, Brian, Lars and Lei.

There's a Hori one, maybe another specifically made for the back.
Or you can cut down the Sony one (or anyone) to fit. It's the same thing, just different shape.

[quote name='chriscolbert']It's only two more weeks until The Show, so just play the heck out of HSG until then! (We played in the MLB 2K11 league last year so I'm assuming you'll be getting The Show?)

Of course this is what I told myself I would do and yet still ordered three more games from Amazon's B2G1 sale yesterday (Rayman, Lumines, and BlazBlue).[/QUOTE]

I already have that paid off, so that's not a concern.

[quote name='jza1218']Trying to decide what my second game should be. I've already got HSG, so for now I don't want Virtua Tennis or Fifa. Didn't care for Uncharted when I tried it. What are some of everyone's favorite games (For those that have a Vita already obviously)?[/QUOTE]

Do you like platformers? Rayman Origins is the highest rated non PSN only game on the system.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Do you like platformers? Rayman Origins is the highest rated non PSN only game on the system.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's the best platformer this gen.

IMO of course.

[quote name='dallow']There's a Hori one, maybe another specifically made for the back.
Or you can cut down the Sony one (or anyone) to fit. It's the same thing, just different shape.[/QUOTE]

If the Sony one comes with two I'll probably do that then.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I'm guessing everyone's amazon order still says shipping soon?...[/QUOTE]

Got an email a couple of hours ago that my Vita was shipped. :applause:

Anyone else having problems with a hard copy of Lumines? I can't seem to get it installed, freezes after about 10 seconds each time making me do a hard restart. Tried it a couple times to the same result - getting frustrating! The icon is on my "desktop" but as soon as I insert the cartridge it's back to the same process.

bread's done
Back