The Outfit (X360) - $5.00 + $20 Official Component and VGA Cables@ TRU

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was at my local TRU today (Henderson, NV - Stephanie & Sunset) and they had The Outfit for the 360 for $5. I also noticed that the Official VGA cables and Component cables were $19.xx along with the silver faceplate for $1.50

I can confirm the OP's observations. I saw all the things mentioned at the same prices in Kingstowne, VA. Also the M$ 360 remote was 14.98 as well.

I rented The Outfit back in the day and I thought it was a lot of fun. I only did the single player game.

Yeah, I picked it up for $5 as well.

The guy was shocked at how low it was. He asked me if I knew it was only $5.

I was like "Yeah, I knew it was $5. It's tagged at $5 right there!"

The Toys R Us in Independence Missouri has it for $5.

The Noland Road exit closes after this weekend though so get of on the Blue Valley Pkwy exit. It is in the glass case so go up and ask for it. They had several when I was there on Thursday.

I picked up the last one this past Monday at the TRU on Quiocassin Rd in Richmond, VA. It's a pretty decent game and considering the price it's really a can't miss for $5. Cheaper than a rental.

Even if you hate it, you can always hold on to it until Gamestop does the trade 2 get $10 extra credit deal.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Yeah, I picked it up for $5 as well.

I was like "Yeah, I knew it was $5. It's tagged at $5 right there!"[/quote]

Pretty much the same reaction I got when picking up some of the $40 Vision Bundles. The guy did a double take and seemed a little pissed. I had gotten the last two in the store.

Thx OP!, hopefully I can go to check my local TRU tomorrow, for those of you have bought it already can you speculate on how many copies they had

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Yeah, I picked it up for $5 as well.

I was like "Yeah, I knew it was $5. It's tagged at $5 right there!"[/quote]

lol that hilarious.....Ill go check my local GameCrazy....thanks OP

Remember how terrible the driving was in this game? Ugh. Although I did get a kick out of driving a tractor around in the middle of a battlefield.

As mentioned by another poster, it was clearaced to $9.98 many many months ago. Most of them were bought out at that price, so I'm amazed some people are still finding them at all for $5. I've also noticed that most TRU stores are on-the-ball now about clearance prices and having them correctly marked in the store, making deals even harder to come by now.

[quote name='GunstarRed']As mentioned by another poster, it was clearaced to $9.98 many many months ago. Most of them were bought out at that price, so I'm amazed some people are still finding them at all for $5. I've also noticed that most TRU stores are on-the-ball now about clearance prices and having them correctly marked in the store, making deals even harder to come by now.[/quote]
It guess it depends on the store - the one I frequent has a large selection of 360/PS3 games locked behind glass - some older games are taken off of the shelf and put in there, apparently. I picked up Oblivion:CE for the 360 (The rated T version, even) for like $15 a while back since it has just been sitting behind the glass the whole time with no price anywhere near it.

Just luck, I guess. Although, I'll be stopping by tomorrow to see if they have a copy. I've wanted a copy of the game for a while, and at this price I'll be sure to see if I can snag it.

I got it for $10 on a clearance sale last year. Definitely worth it at the $5 price since the game feels more like a top-tier XBLA game than a full retail release.

If all you guys wind up getting it, we should all get together and play online or something. It's hard to find a match that isn't pain in the ass boosters. I was in a game not too long ago where they guy had all but 1 achievement and he was furious that I was on his team and wasn't "elite" enough. I had to leave the game he was such an asshole. The guy had a half-star of Rep.

[quote name='Teqonix']It guess it depends on the store - the one I frequent has a large selection of 360/PS3 games locked behind glass - some older games are taken off of the shelf and put in there, apparently. I picked up Oblivion:CE for the 360 (The rated T version, even) for like $15 a while back since it has just been sitting behind the glass the whole time with no price anywhere near it.

Just luck, I guess. Although, I'll be stopping by tomorrow to see if they have a copy. I've wanted a copy of the game for a while, and at this price I'll be sure to see if I can snag it.[/quote]

This is why I am always checking out what is behind the counter, despite the odd looks I get from the employees. I noticed a Vision bundle on the bottom shelf behind some other crap. I asked for it for by name, and the guy looked down and said there wasn't a price tag for anything like that, so they don't have it. I then informed him that I can see the top of the box. He finally bends over and realizes what I was asking for.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']If all you guys wind up getting it, we should all get together and play online or something. It's hard to find a match that isn't pain in the ass boosters. I was in a game not too long ago where they guy had all but 1 achievement and he was furious that I was on his team and wasn't "elite" enough. I had to leave the game he was such an asshole. The guy had a half-star of Rep.[/quote]That sounds like a great idea. I might just nab it myself if more folks are up for some battling :bouncy:

I really like the game.
If you see it for 5$ GET IT!

If you really want to know what the game is like ... its basically Company of heroes except you are one of the units in 3rd person.

You still take over victory points, create units, call in air strikes, and anti tanks placements.

This game is best with 2 player versus...
Its really fun running around killing your friend with tanks you built then control.

I have the game already, got it for about $10. I havent played it yet though. But if ppl wanted to get together for some co-op, I'd be down with a CAG game night!

Check the stickied TRU GH3 thread and the TRU clearance thread for more games that just dropped like PDZ, Dynast Warriors 5, Burnout Revenge, Okami and more for $5 and GRAW, NBA Homecourt, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Metroid Prime Hunters and several others for 10.

I got this game on clearance a while back and haven't gotten to play it much. With all of these CAGs picking it up we should be able to get some good online matches going. I've been thinking of starting a "classic" gaming thread for older CAG priced games that don't have many people playing online and having a different classic game for each week and this would be a good first game.

IF ANYONE FINDS BURNOUT REVENGE AND WANTS TO SELL/TRADE IT, PLEASE PM ME!!!!!! There are lots of the Outfit at all TRUs around me and I can pick one up to trade/sell.

I noticed a few other Xbox 360 games on clearance.

Rockstar Table Tennis: $5.00
Full Auto: $9.90
2006 FIFA World Cup: $9.90

[quote name='speedracer']Hell folks, it's gotta be pretty bad to not justify 5 bills. That's worth a look.[/quote]

Any game (The Outfit) that you can do a drive-by shooting in a wheelbarrow is alright by me. I nearly crapped myself when I accidently (didn't know I could) hop in a wheelbarrow then one of the minions came along and pushed me up a hill while I was shooting folks. That alone is worth the price of admission!

[quote name='autche']Any game (The Outfit) that you can do a drive-by shooting in a wheelbarrow is alright by me. I nearly crapped myself when I accidently (didn't know I could) hop in a wheelbarrow then one of the minions came along and pushed me up a hill while I was shooting folks. That alone is worth the price of admission![/quote]

Wait, WTF?!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Wait, WTF?![/quote]

That's a no-sh*t reality. I played this game against a friend online (it seemed like this was WWII timeframe) and I was walking through a field/pasture and I saw a wheelbarrow. Either an "X" button showed up next to it or I was just fiddling with the controller (not positive it was X, but believe it was) so I hit it and my character hopped right in and some minion came along and pushed me around. That in itself was great, but I honestly remember shooting while being pushed around. Quite possibly the greatest moment in video game history.

The game didn't seem bad to me, however I have too many other games that I have more interest in to play it more often. I have not tried the single player, only the multiplayer with a friend one night. I picked it up at Best Buy during Black Friday 2006 for ~ $8.

EDIT: The statement above is what I remember to be correct, unless it was some beautiful dream. I know my friend (that I was playing against online) and I laughed for a while over that. I played it about 3-5 months ago.

bread's done
Back