The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fuck?

Only thing I'm interested in is Zombie Driver HD + DLC. Definitely not worth the $5 BTA, but I'd be in for ~$1.50 if there's a happy hour group buy.

Wow. They do need a new naming system though, as Mass Effect 2 is definitely not indie.

If you've played the first and wanted the second but never picked it up, you should get this (or wait for the inevitable happy hour), but if you want the complete ME2 be prepared to spend another $35+ on Bioware points that never go on sale to get the dlc that also never goes on sale.

A lot of the Gala games haven't been indie for a long time. This is just really, really, most sincerely definitely not fucking indie vs well it looks like a low budget indie game but has some low end Euro publisher so technically isn't really indie.

I'm still waiting for the EA Kickstarter.

Plus how desperate are EA? It's not like Gala has a great reputation associated with quality. I mean they will put up games like Gettysburg with around a 20 Metacritic score that even the publisher themselves admits was released unfinished (and still is) and was an embarrassment.

Hell THQ had one foot in the grave and one foot on the banana peel and they at least went with Humble.

[quote name='Motoki']A lot of the Gala games haven't been indie for a long time. This is just really, really, most sincerely definitely not fucking indie vs well it looks like a low budget indie game but has some low end Euro publisher so technically isn't really indie.

I'm still waiting for the EA Kickstarter.

Plus how desperate are EA? It's not like Gala has a great reputation associated with quality. I mean they will put up games like Gettysburg with around a 20 Metacritic score that even the publisher themselves admits was released unfinished (and still is) and was an embarrassment.

Hell THQ had one foot in the grave and one foot on the banana peel and they at least went with Humble.[/QUOTE]

EA isn't going to to Kickstarter. Both Kickstarter and Amazon get 5% each. They'll ask you to crowdfund Mirror's Edge 2 directly from Origin.

[quote name='louiedog']EA isn't going to to Kickstarter. Both Kickstarter and Amazon get 5% each. They'll ask you to crowdfund Mirror's Edge 2 directly from Origin.[/QUOTE]

Also, Mirror's Edge 2 will be a multiplayer-focused shooter with microtransactions, Facebook integration, and an always-online requirement that totally isn't DRM.

The game will be deemed a failure when it sells only 4 million copies.

Getting Shank 2 on Steam but ME2 on Origin is outstanding if you prefer Steam. I think the servers are different too.

Shank 2 is phenomenal and really a bigger draw of the bundle than ME2 in my opinion.

[quote name='spoderman']Indie Gala Mass Effect bundle is live.

www.indiegala.com

Yes, seriously.. Mass Effect..[/QUOTE]

It's a trap. Hold fast.
...I'm waiting for the EA Bankruptcy Bundle.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Getting Shank 2 on Steam but ME2 on Origin is outstanding if you prefer Steam. I think the servers are different too.

Shank 2 is phenomenal and really a bigger draw of the bundle than ME2 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Better than Shank 1? I enjoyed Shank 1, but it was a real button masher. I imagine most CAGs already have Shank 2 from HIB7 anyhow.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Better than Shank 1? I enjoyed Shank 1, but it was a real button masher. I imagine most CAGs already have Shank 2 from HIB7 anyhow.[/QUOTE]

True. It's already been in a great bundle.

And if Shank 1 is a button masher then quite literally every beat em up from Muramasa down to Double Dragon is one as well. Shank 2 is a huge leap above Shank 1 though.

[quote name='asheskitty']Better than Shank 1? I enjoyed Shank 1, but it was a real button masher. I imagine most CAGs already have Shank 2 from HIB7 anyhow.[/QUOTE]

I thought Shank 1 was a little empty. Maybe I expected more from it. I'll grab S2 though if we get a HH.

[quote name='Rsmobile']
And if Shank 1 is a button masher then quite literally every beat em up from Muramasa down to Double Dragon is one as well. Shank 2 is a huge leap above Shank 1 though.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest

[quote name='Rsmobile']
quite literally every beat em up from Muramasa down to Double Dragon is one as well. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rsmobile']True. It's already been in a great bundle.

And if Shank 1 is a button masher then quite literally every beat em up from Muramasa down to Double Dragon is one as well. Shank 2 is a huge leap above Shank 1 though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for me it was more of a a surprise to get "gamer's thumb" while playing Shank 1 out of the sheer amount of button mashing (without some of the finesse of some other beat-em-ups). Poor analogy, but say, DMC1 never gave me controller-thumb (but various 80s classics do). My guess is the difference is timing finesse and pacing (having those regular little bits of downtime). I kinda disagree on Double Dragon. It had pacing, I never recall controller thumb from the NES version.

That's great to hear, I tried giving Shank 2 a try right after finishing Shank 1, but at the time it had all the appeal of a third bowl of coco puffs with chocolate milk.

[quote name='asheskitty']but at the time it had all the appeal of a third bowl of coco puffs with chocolate milk.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like... the greatest thing ever. what's your point?

[quote name='Izod517']I thought Shank 1 was a little empty. Maybe I expected more from it. I'll grab S2 though if we get a HH.[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't appreciate the consequences of your moral choices? Your CAG membership has been temporarily suspended while you contemplate the fact that you could have gotten Shank 2 cheaper and sooner in HIB7.

...and would should amend the rules, missing a numbered HIB should be a bannable offense.

[quote name='shrinerr']that sounds like... the greatest thing ever. what's your point?[/QUOTE]

^_~ Fifth bowl? Seventh bowl?
kinda wondering just how many are getting this classic Calvin and Hobbs reference

[quote name='asheskitty']...and would should amend the rules, missing a numbered HIB should be a bannable offense. [/QUOTE]
Unless you already own all of the games, or enough that it'd be cheaper to buy the games that you don't own during a Steam sale.

EA's ears were burning, so Spore is today's deal at 75% off ($4.99)

14.99 for the complete pack
$9.99 for game + either creepy creatures pack or galactic adventures

Weekend Deals

Worms Revolution 50% off ($7.49 or $22.49 for 4-pack) and free weekend
50% off Season Pass ($7.49)

Worms Collection 50% off ($44.99)

Portal 2 75% off ($4.99 or $8.74 for 2-pack)
Portal 2 - The Final Hours - $0.49
Portal 1 - $2.49
Portal Bundle - $6.24

New Game

Papo & Yo 10% off ($13.49) until the 28th.

Just when you thought the latest IndieGala wasn't jumping the shark enough. Buying it funds a political campaign in Canada.

The Matt Toner Campaign

Last year, gaming entrepeneur Matt Toner decided to help save the legendary Vancouver game industry... by running for politics. And now he is one short step away from establishing change for the better. Revenue raised by this bundle will be used to support his campaign and directly rebuild the Vancouver indie scene.

[quote name='asheskitty']I guess you didn't appreciate the consequences of your moral choices? Your CAG membership has been temporarily suspended while you contemplate the fact that you could have gotten Shank 2 cheaper and sooner in HIB7.

...and would should amend the rules, missing a numbered HIB should be a bannable offense.
[/QUOTE]

I'm a PC Convert as of around 2/2013, in 2 months time I've spent $150 and I now have over 300 Steam games. During that time I have attempted to get as many past HIBs as possible from trade. As such I believe this ruling should be reversed and I should be able to poop in your cereal.

[quote name='Detruire']Unless you already own all of the games, or enough that it'd be cheaper to buy the games that you don't own during a Steam sale.[/QUOTE]

This. I haven't purchased an Indie Bundle in ages.

[quote name='plft']Just when you thought the latest IndieGala wasn't jumping the shark enough. Buying it funds a political campaign in Canada.[/QUOTE]

Def waiting for happy hour. Canada is full of hosers, eh.

[quote name='IamPro']Sold my consoles and now need to get my fix of COD: Black Ops 2, how often does it go on sale?[/QUOTE]

Lol. One of the few games you can consistently get cheaper on consoles than PC. If it does go on sale it's ALWAYS for around $45 and never anything lower. I think BLOPS2 had only one sale so far.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Lol. One of the few games you can consistently get cheaper on consoles than PC. If it does go on sale it's ALWAYS for around $45 and never anything lower. I think BLOPS2 had only one sale so far.[/QUOTE]

Yea i c that, i actually passed on that sale since I had my console still :cry:

Maybe i'll just pick up a cheap Xbox slim..

How about Dishonored? Rly been meaning to play that game.

[quote name='IamPro']Yea i c that, i actually passed on that sale since I had my console still :cry:

Maybe i'll just pick up a cheap Xbox slim..

How about Dishonored? Rly been meaning to play that game.[/QUOTE]

It was half off at $30 last Weekend Deal.

So any thoughts on the spore DLC? Is it worth it? Figured Ill at least pick up the base game for 5$, and that the cute/creepy DLC was basically worthless. So that leaves the galactic dlc

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Only if RS changes back[/QUOTE]

You know, I didn't make the connection until just now, but the guy in Rolling Skull's avatar looks an awful lot like Non
(yeah I know, it's some wrestler, not Non)
. So either you guys need to change back, or somebody needs to adopt an Ursa avatar.

[quote name='The End']You know, I didn't make the connection until just now, but the guy in Rolling Skull's avatar looks an awful lot like Non
(yeah I know, it's some wrestler, not Non)
. So either you guys need to change back, or somebody needs to adopt an Ursa avatar.[/QUOTE]

I nominate you

[quote name='Eldredpe']And the massacre of classic steam thread avatars continues.[/QUOTE]

This could really work. Picture him looking down on the indie market.

images

"Get better software or GTFO."

[quote name='Larce80']$5.82 nah...not worth it. Me2 was like $2.50 in a bundle with ME1[/QUOTE]
Wait for Happy Hour, it'll be like $1.50-$2 for the bundle...

Had to get Penny Arcade for $0.99. I'm tempted by Shattered Haven, but I could see it being part of a bundle.

The 3rd game is on sale because they added things like Steam Cloud support and whatnot (also added to Cthulua/Breath of Death), which is why it's just an unmarked sale and not part of the technical weeklong sales (even if it is a weeklong deal).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Wait for Happy Hour, it'll be like $1.50-$2 for the bundle...[/QUOTE]
If a happy hour there will be.

Why do the Indiegala people talk like Yoda?

yoda1.jpg

Bought Spore Complete for $14.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back