The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm to Dishonored or not to Dishonored can't decide if $29.99 is worth it game looks good I am just worried about it being too short. I read MysterD recommendation on steam. Very informative.[/quote]
Depends on how much you do in the game - if you just do the main-missions stuff); and/or if you try to find, listen, and read everything in each game-level.
Also might depends on how often and how much you save, reload saves, and replay levels, as well.

While it took me 26 hours, I don't think most players will stick around the game THAT logn. I do take longer than most players and still don't alwaysl find everything - I save and reload saves A LOT; sometimes ever replay a level.

I smoked through Bioshock Infinite on hard in about 7 hours. If i do pick up the game I will probably pick up the DLC as well. Just finished my tax returns and sipping on beer feeling the urge to spend some money :D
I'm really looking forward to being Daud in the next two Dishonored DLC's (Knife of Dunwall DLC & The Brigmore Witches DLC).

I wanted a stealth type game. I tried bringing myself to complete Hitman Absolution again shortly after alt+F4 after about 10 min of play. I don't want to spend my time running I want to be a HITMAN!
If you want that (being more of a HITMAN), you'd probably be better off playing Blood Money as opposed to Absolution.
Absolution really tries to do A LOT more than ever before - whether you feel they succeed at that or not, that's another story entirely.
Absolution feels like a bunch of games crossed-together -> open-ended Hitman style levels; and some linear SC: Conviction type of levels & SC: Conviction moves (Mark and Execute!); and some Batman: Arkham series' style of stealth (some of the Instinct meter and skills seems similar to Batman's X-Ray Mode).

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']If I already own Dead Island is the GOTY? worth it?
I'm prolly gonne try it here at some point due to the RPG elements.[/QUOTE]

I've never played the DLC, but most would say no.

One is an arena and the other is a gun-heavy stand-alone campaign playing as the main villain.

I wouldn't say Ryder White is a good addition, and most of what is cleared up amounts more to retcons/ story twists that didn't have much (or any) build up in the game itself. It's kinda boring too. I mean, it's not super terrible or anything but you're not missing much.

Since no one mentioned it here. GameFly is having a small DD sale.
Highlights:
Tomb Raider 33.49
Dead Island GOTY 4.99
SR3 Full Package 16.99

GameStop too is having a DD sale (Skyrim is mentioned in another thread).
The ONLY highlights: (don't bother looking through 198 "on sale titles").

Skyrim 29.99
Skyrim DLCs 9.99
Fallout NV UE or Fallout 3 GOTY $9.99

And finally Gamers-Gate has SR3 (base) for 7.49. I think elder-geek.com will work on it, didn't check. That is probably covered in the GG thread.

Edit: It should be noted that Bethesda has ceased development on Skyrim - which opens it up for a GOTY edition - my guess is this Winter.

[quote name='Izod517']
GameStop too is having a DD sale (Skyrim is mentioned in another thread).
The ONLY highlights: (don't bother looking through 198 "on sale titles").

Skyrim 29.99
Skyrim DLCs 9.99
Fallout NV UE or Fallout 3 GOTY $9.99
[/QUOTE]
I am interested in picking up Dragonborn, but I wonder if it will be any cheaper during the summer sale.

[quote name='hal']Is Chrome+SpecForce worth $1.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Malikai']I was wondering the same thing but for $2 I think I will try it.[/QUOTE]

FYI, if you're springing for $2, you may as well spring for $5 if you don't have some of the other stuff in the current Bundlestars bundle.

[quote name='Terlan']I am interested in picking up Dragonborn, but I wonder if it will be any cheaper during the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd expect more or less a match in price as opposed to a better price.

[quote name='warreni']FYI, if you're springing for $2, you may as well spring for $5 if you don't have some of the other stuff in the current Bundlestars bundle.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't include both Chrome and Chrome: Specforce - just the latter.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']the former is currently part of their other bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/bundle-five/

I'm interested in Chutchulu Saves the World, but feel certain I've seen it bundled before. Is it likely to be part of another anytime soon? And is it worth it for a non RPG player?[/QUOTE]

It was an an indie royale awhile ago. Will it be bundled again? Anything is possible but for for 99 cents you can't go wrong, if you like old school RPGs.

Problem with the current IGweekly is that everyone already has Beat Hazard (I have 4 copies) and the rest have been bundled or on IGS or both.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So Dragonborn. I haven't even started the main quest in Skycrack, 77 something hours in. To buy or wait on another deal down the line :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Beth DLC doesn't really seem to drop in price much. Sure they'll bundle it all together and sell it for $20 GOTY, but that's a few years away still. Get it when it's >50% off and you'll be happy you did.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So Dragonborn. I haven't even started the main quest in Skycrack, 77 something hours in. To buy or wait on another deal down the line :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Took me 33 hours of FUN to do everything in Dragonborn and I paid $20; so for $10 I gets a big thumbs up from me! Not to mention this is Skyrim, so you know you're getting your money's worth!

[quote name='Eldredpe']Midweek Madness
Impire - $19.99 $9.99
Antichamber - $19.99 $9.99

Daily Deal
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49[/QUOTE]

Antichamber is worth every penny. Great game if you like mind puzzles. Be careful looking into the game. The less you know going in the better.

Impire looks like a Dungeon Keeper clone but I've heard from podcasts that it doesn't satisfy that itch very well. It sounds like the dev is very active and has patched it quite a bit. However, user opinions still seem mixed.

Antichamber is tempting at $9.99, as it's one of the games I would play immediately instead of placing it on the great sacrificial backlog pile. Hmmm... I think it's too new to be in an indie bundle in the next couple months, but I wonder if it could see a 75% discount during the summer sale...

Quick, anyone with a magic globe?

[quote name='imac2much']Antichamber is tempting at $9.99, as it's one of the games I would play immediately instead of placing it on the great sacrificial backlog pile. Hmmm... I think it's too new to be in an indie bundle in the next couple months, but I wonder if it could see a 75% discount during the summer sale...

Quick, anyone with a magic globe?[/QUOTE]

Indie bundles are always possible but reception and sales have done well for antichamber. I don't think we will see it I a bundle soon unless a sequel or dlcs announced. Being as it took the dev like 5-6 years to refine the puzzles for this one, I doubt it. 50 percent or 66 at most seems more likely for summer.

Is the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the Gamestop DD sale for $10 the cheapest that has been? I have original New Vegas for ps3 and have always wanted to try the DLC.

[quote name='Branyon47']Is the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on the Gamestop DD sale for $10 the cheapest that has been? I have original New Vegas for ps3 and have always wanted to try the DLC.[/QUOTE]

No.

It is routinely 75% off, which, with its current base price of $19.99, means you should be able to wait a bit and easily pick it up for $5.

Hey Raptr users, don't forget to pick up the 75% off coupon for Forge if you qualify!

It *CAN* be stacked with other discounts, *AND* is valid until the end of 2017. So if it goes to 75% off in the Summer Sale (or any time between now and 2018), you can snag it for $1.25.

skLhsIg.png

[quote name='jshackles']Hey Raptr users, don't forget to pick up the 75% off coupon for Forge if you qualify!

It *CAN* be stacked with other discounts, *AND* is valid until the end of 2017. So if it goes to 75% off in the Summer Sale (or any time between now and 2018), you can snag it for $1.25.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't ran the app recently, so I won't be able to grab a coupon until tonight. Hopefully they don't run out.

Antichamber is totes worth it at that price. I picked it up during the indie sale they had a month or two ago, and beat it the next day. A great indie game that's worth buying to play right away.

[quote name='Eldredpe']No.

It is routinely 75% off, which, with its current base price of $19.99, means you should be able to wait a bit and easily pick it up for $5.[/QUOTE]

It's 75 percent off a decent bit but has never been 75 percent off since they lowered the base price to 20 bucks, and it's actually been a long time since a Fallout sale (it was what, 40 percent off during the Winter sale?). According to Steamprices the lowest the Ultimate has hit is 10 bucks and that was all the way back in August.

Antichamber is high on my wishlist but until controller support is fixed I'm going to wait patiently.

Edit: This isn't out of any principle - just my current PC setup is pretty much controller only.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jugglenaut']Thanks for the heads up. I haven't ran the app recently, so I won't be able to grab a coupon until tonight. Hopefully they don't run out.
[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, I installed their app last week and let it run and it still never showed me as having used the app. Just tried again and still on dice.

So if you click on the big icon at the top of the dock and let it open their built in web browser, then go to the forge deal through their browser, then it instantly picks up that you used their app and you can get the coupon

[quote name='Detruire']Yeah, but the "if you're springing for $2, you may as well spring for $5" comment doesn't hold true without both being in one bundle. ;)

Urghhh.[/QUOTE]

Well, he can grab the latest bundle for one of them and then buy the other off of a CAGer with a spare. Me, for instance. (Or check the trade thread for both. He might very well find them for cheaper than $2.)

[quote name='ezelkow1']Just an FYI, I installed their app last week and let it run and it still never showed me as having used the app. Just tried again and still on dice.

So if you click on the big icon at the top of the dock and let it open their built in web browser, then go to the forge deal through their browser, then it instantly picks up that you used their app and you can get the coupon[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did, took about 5 minutes, I haven't been on Raptr for YEARS.

[quote name='Eldredpe']nm, u?[/QUOTE]
Too much!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']How's it going Rick? ;)[/QUOTE]

Trying to stay alive. The world's pretty hairy out there.

[quote name='jshackles']Hey Raptr users, don't forget to pick up the 75% off coupon for Forge if you qualify!

skLhsIg.png
[/QUOTE]
thanks, picked up the coupon
also nuuvem.com.br has Dishonored dlc Dunwall City Trials for $3.50 USD

[quote name='Estbarul']If I activate the code in my account can I put it in my inventory and trade it?[/QUOTE]
Activating Steam keys puts them directly in your library.

[quote name='Detruire']A Skyrim key?[/QUOTE]

I think Sunasun is talking about the Forge coupon.

I don't know if that's what the OP was asking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back