The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirt Showdown is £4 (~$6) on GreenManGaming after coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA. That's a good enough price for me, I loved Destruction Derby back in the day, so this is as close as I'll ever get to it I think.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I have grown to really like desura, so not having these games on steam isn't a huge deal, it's an added bonus. It took me awhile to get away from the no steam no deal mentality....now it's more like no client, no deal[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with Desura, but I rarely bring up the library, so my Desura games always end up second fiddle to my Steam games.

Once in awhile I do go back to Desura and try to clear a few games out, though.

[quote name='spoderman']Exactly. I think some people have unrealistic expectations for Indie Royale. The Real Texas got a lot of praise, and I'm loving Knytt Underground right now (been waiting for it to get bundled ever since it got released). I was more impressed by the new IR than the previous Indie Gala, and Retro Groupee, which only had one game I was interested in that I didn't already have.[/QUOTE]

I have high expectations for IR because they keep their prices so much higher for the quality than a Groupees or Humble or Indie Gala (which you can always bank on picking up absurdly cheap during happy hour).

If IR started at $3, or was simply capped at a $4 baseline, I would be far more generous in my praise for them.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I have high expectations for IR because they keep their prices so much higher for the quality than a Groupees or Humble or Indie Gala (which you can always bank on picking up absurdly cheap during happy hour).

If IR started at $3, or was simply capped at a $4 baseline, I would be far more generous in my praise for them.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that, but there's an easy way to get around that if you want their bundles for $3.99:

Use twitter text alerts, and anticipate when they'll go live.. which is around 8 am - 12 pm EST usually.

I've bought a lot of IRs, and for most of them I've paid the minimum, or very close to it. Steam keys for IRs usually trade for higher value than other bundles, although I know some people are against doing that, so for most of the bundles you can trade a game or two that you already have and essentially get the bundle for around $3.

Even at $4, IR is higher than most other bundles, always has less Steam keys than other bundles, and comes with no music unless you pay $8 (not a big deal for most people, but I actually listen to the music I get in bundles).

As always, this IR is one or two headline games (TRT and Knytt) and the rest are more or less fillers. IR is only good if you really really want two or three of the games included, and are going to flip the other games to make up for the higher price you spent.

[quote name='Flowette']Dirt Showdown is £4 (~$6) on GreenManGaming after coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA. That's a good enough price for me, I loved Destruction Derby back in the day, so this is as close as I'll ever get to it I think.[/QUOTE]

Obligatory question: "Is that the cheapest this game has been?"

[quote name='MysterD']Obligatory question: "Is that the cheapest this game has been?"[/QUOTE]
It appears to be far lower than anything seen on Steam, that's for sure. Don't know about GamersGate or GreenManGaming as I'm not sure where to pick up their price history info.

Gonna give it a whirl now, will post impressions later.

Eden Studios (makers of Test Drive Unlimited 2) have closed their doors.

For Steam-version owners - does your TDU2 game also come bundled w/ Securom DRM?
I know Non-Steam versions do (I bought mine from Amazon DVG long ago).

Hmmm....I wonder when TDU2's MP servers will get pulled.

In any versions that have Securom activation bullcrap involved in it, we might need to get Atari to pull Securom DRM - just so we can get at least the SP to actually work, if we say decide to reinstall the game later on another PC or something.

[quote name='MysterD']Eden Studios (makers of Test Drive Unlimited 2) have closed their doors.

For Steam-version owners - does your TDU2 game also come bundled w/ Securom DRM?
I know Non-Steam versions do (I bought mine from Amazon DVG long ago).

Hmmm....I wonder when TDU2's MP servers will get pulled.

In any versions that have Securom activation bullcrap involved in it, we might need to get Atari to pull Securom DRM - just so we can get at least the SP to actually work, if we say decide to reinstall the game later on another PC or something.[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tell me about....

Though, if another company say does any or some or all of the following, we might be okay:
buys out Eden Games;
buys out TDU franchise;
keeps the Securom servers for TDU2 going;
and/or keeps the MP servers for TDU2 going.

I wonder how much longer Atari sticks around...

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, tell me about....

Though, if another company say does any or some or all of the following, we might be okay:
buys out Eden Games;
buys out TDU franchise;

I wonder how much longer Atari sticks around...[/QUOTE]
Well, hopefully. Isn't Atari bankrupt too?

[quote name='MysterD']Yup.[/QUOTE]
Meh, I'm not getting my hopes up. It's a shame, since I haven't done very much in TDU2, but have enjoyed what I've seen so far.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Meh, I'm not getting my hopes up. It's a shame, since I haven't done very much in TDU2, but have enjoyed what I've seen so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my hopes are gone, too.

Best idea I could come up w/ was to ask Tony if he could get that Securom-activation crap pulled from Amazon DVG's version.

I don't expect MP servers & Securom-activations servers to stick around; and I don't expect anyone to buy Eden out.
There's already a bunch of great racer franchises out there (NFS, DIRT, Ridge Racer, etc), as is.

Though, I will say - TDU2 is an underrated racing gem. There simply doesn't feel like any racer is anywhere as BIG as this one, in terms of size and things to do.

EDIT:
Plus, Eden doesn't really have a great track record - when it comes to buggy games, Eden banked those out at launch-time (TDU2 and Alone in the Dark reboot).

EDIT 2:
Looks like Steam-version of TDU2 has Securom-DRM activation crap attached to it, too.
That's garbage. 3rd party DRM really shouldn't be in Steam-versions of games; Steam DRM is enough.
We need to at least try to get Securom DRM removed in ALL versions of this game.

Honestly, TDU2 is the perfect example of how to mesh online and offline functionality. In short, it's exactly what SimCity should have been like.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Honestly, TDU2 is the perfect example of how to mesh online and offline functionality.[/quote]
Absolutely agree w/ that for TDU2 100%.

In short, it's exactly what SimCity should have been like.
Granted, I ain't played SimCity 2013....
...but I absolutely agree w/ that, in theory.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Does anybody know whether owners of the standard version of Anna get the extended version free?[/QUOTE]

I got Anna from Groupees Bundle of the Damned, and my copy was upgraded to the extended version

[quote name='spoderman']I got Anna from Groupees Bundle of the Damned, and my copy was upgraded to the extended version[/QUOTE]

Sounds painful ;)

Ho-hum... Starbound pre-order is up. Not on steam directly, but you'll get a key eventually. Not sure if the final retail price will be $15 or $20, so I can't say if it's a discount or not. Just the ability to get into the beta once they launch that.

Just thought I'd give a heads up that Nuuvem has a 2 for $20 sale going on. $20 Brazilian Real, though, so it comes out to $10.44 for US buyers. They accept PayPal, so it's an easy process.

Most notably, there's Omerta City of Gangsters and Assassin's Creed Revelations. Omerta is Steam, and some other ones are Steam, Uplay, and Origin, but I'd steer away from the DRM free games. I grabbed a cheap one a couple weeks back and the downloader gives me issues. You can redeem Uplay keys though, it's just a bit harder.

Maybe it's just me then, but Knytt really doesn't look like my kind of game.

I do like building my Desura library, but I've yet to actually play a game through it. But that has more to do with my being too busy lately as I haven't played a Steam game in weeks, either. But the fact remains that when I do have the time to play something on PC, I'll be looking Steam's way first.

I have so many games, I'm trying to get away from buying bundles "just because."

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, tell me about....

buys out Eden Games;
buys out TDU franchise;

I wonder how much longer Atari sticks around...[/QUOTE]
I don't see the Test Drive franchise being picked up. I mean the game was pretty revolutionary back when the series debut in the late 80's but now with so many other racing series, I don't think it can hold it's own by it's name alone. Not that TDU 2 is a bad game, it's a really good racing game. It's just it's not a household name like Forza or Gran Turismo anymore.

[quote name='DPsycho']
I have so many games, I'm trying to get away from buying bundles "just because."[/QUOTE]

I started trying some of these bundled games and that alone was reason to stop buying bundles just to expand my library :lol:. I mean it's not like they are unplayable, but the games are so meh.

Granted these were IR games and they were not big name games either, but still. It got to the point of ok I need to stop increasing my library and only get games off bundles I want.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Dunwall City Trials is quite good. The levels there are more engaging than the main campaign levels on average.
Trials was available for preorder on GMG before it came out on PC. It was touch and go as to when GMG would cough up my code so if yer excited about Knife (like I am) you may just want to cough up a dollar or so more to not have uncertainty
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I only put a few hours into Dishonored before getting distracted, but I mostly liked what I saw.

[quote name='Flowette']Dirt Showdown is £4 (~$6) on GreenManGaming after coupon GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA. That's a good enough price for me, I loved Destruction Derby back in the day, so this is as close as I'll ever get to it I think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='MysterD']Obligatory question: "Is that the cheapest this game has been?"[/QUOTE]

Yes! ...and at six bucks it's gonna be a long wait for it to drop substantially more. Be warned it's more of a so-so Flatout knockoff than a successor to Dirt 3. That said, highish profile car game for $6 is hard for me to pass up.

Edit: On glancing (more remembering) reviews again, I'm less certain about snagging it for $6.

[quote name='Eldredpe']
I don't have a problem with Desura, but I rarely bring up the library, so my Desura games always end up second fiddle to my Steam games.

Once in awhile I do go back to Desura and try to clear a few games out, though.
I have high expectations for IR because they keep their prices so much higher for the quality than a Groupees or Humble or Indie Gala (which you can always bank on picking up absurdly cheap during happy hour).

If IR started at $3, or was simply capped at a $4 baseline, I would be far more generous in my praise for them.[/QUOTE]

This! Also IR does have a two-tier system like most of the others, to offset the high BTA.

[quote name='spoderman']
I can understand that, but there's an easy way to get around that if you want their bundles for $3.99:

Use twitter text alerts, and anticipate when they'll go live.. which is around 8 am - 12 pm EST usually.
I've bought a lot of IRs, and for most of them I've paid the minimum, or very close to it. Steam keys for IRs usually trade for higher value than other bundles, although I know some people are against doing that, so for most of the bundles you can trade a game or two that you already have and essentially get the bundle for around $3.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather find permanent subterranean rural accommodations for people than socially network with them. Also they can start a bit damn early or us West Coasters... and I spend chunks of time offline.

[quote name='MysterD']
Yeah, my hopes are gone, too.

Best idea I could come up w/ was to ask Tony if he could get that Securom-activation crap pulled from Amazon DVG's version.

I don't expect MP servers & Securom-activations servers to stick around; and I don't expect anyone to buy Eden out.
There's already a bunch of great racer franchises out there (NFS, DIRT, Ridge Racer, etc), as is.
Though, I will say - TDU2 is an underrated racing gem. There simply doesn't feel like any racer is anywhere as BIG as this one, in terms of size and things to do.
EDIT:
Plus, Eden doesn't really have a great track record - when it comes to buggy games, Eden banked those out at launch-time (TDU2 and Alone in the Dark reboot).

EDIT 2:
Looks like Steam-version of TDU2 has Securom-DRM activation crap attached to it, too.
That's garbage. 3rd party DRM really shouldn't be in Steam-versions of games; Steam DRM is enough.
We need to at least try to get Securom DRM removed in ALL versions of this game.
[/QUOTE]

/agree!!! The next biggest in terms of map size is possibly NFS:HP (2010), but it's substantially smaller and doesn't have the avatar-based stuff.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't see the Test Drive franchise being picked up. I mean the game was pretty revolutionary back when the series debut in the late 80's but now with so many other racing series, I don't think it can hold it's own by it's name alone. Not that TDU 2 is a bad game, it's a really good racing game. It's just it's not a household name like Forza or Gran Turismo anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well, I see:
Forza ... I think Xbox
Gran Turismo ... I think Playstation

I think there's room for a major PC racing franchise that has some sense of consistency. (NFS games are mostly united in title only. Their gameplay styles and quality have differed significantly over the past decade.)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't see the Test Drive franchise being picked up. I mean the game was pretty revolutionary back when the series debut in the late 80's but now with so many other racing series, I don't think it can hold it's own by it's name alone.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree.

See what I said previously:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10658975&postcount=3014

Not that TDU 2 is a bad game, it's a really good racing game. It's just it's not a household name like Forza or Gran Turismo anymore.
I think the only way Test Drive franchise might be picked up is by say some AAA dev and/or publisher that just doesn't have a brand-name racing series.

Though, I don't know if any of the majors are missing a racing series....

EA has NFS + Shift; Codemasters has DIRT + GRID; Microsoft has Forza; & Sony has Gran Turismo; & Namco Bandai has Ridge Racer.

Maybe...2K needs a racing game?
{shrug}

EDIT:
Rockstar has Midnight Club series.

EDIT 2:
Only other thing I can think of is if some company just buys Test Drive franchise at a VERY HUGE discount.

[quote name='Draekon']Ho-hum... Starbound pre-order is up. Not on steam directly, but you'll get a key eventually. Not sure if the final retail price will be $15 or $20, so I can't say if it's a discount or not. Just the ability to get into the beta once they launch that.[/QUOTE]

Note that buying a four-pack gets a 25% discount, so it would work out to $11.25 per key.

[quote name='Corpekata']No, they are just phrasing the buy 3 get 1 free nature of the 4 pack as 25 percent off. It's still 45 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just pointing the discount out since it wasn't in his initial post. 4 copies for $45 is $11.25 each.

cheapshark.com is a pretty impressive price tracker. even has some price history on gog.com, which I haven't seen anywhere else before. not perfect however. lowest prices are inaccurate and don't seem to include some special promo's, for example last weeks D&D promo.

Any opinions on Omerta City of Gangsters? I seem to recall someone on this thread praising it, and for $5 it doesn't sound like a horrible buy...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Any opinions on Omerta City of Gangsters? I seem to recall someone on this thread praising it, and for $5 it doesn't sound like a horrible buy...[/QUOTE]

I wish you could get two of the same in that Nuuvem deal. Then I'd go halfsies on a Omerta two pack.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wish you could get two of the same in that Nuuvem deal. Then I'd go halfsies on a Omerta two pack.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm gonna bite. Its MSRP is $40, so if the 4-pack on Steam hit 75% off, it would be $5. Otherwise, it would be $10.

There's an off chance it could be in a bundle, since it's Kalypso published, but I don't see their games bundled all too often (besides Tropico 3 and Disciples 2, which are pretty old).

As far as the game goes, pretty crappy reviews. PC Gamer gave it a fair review though and said the combat was enjoyable, but the management parts of the game were pretty limited and weak. Kind of a good but bad thing, and since I enjoy turn based combat games, it sounds like I'll get $5 out of it.

And $5 for ACR is fine for the other half of the bundle. I don't have that one yet and I'd prefer having it on Uplay over Steam.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just thought I'd give a heads up that Nuuvem has a 2 for $20 sale going on. $20 Brazilian Real, though, so it comes out to $10-11 for US buyers. They accept PayPal, so it's an easy process.

Most notably, there's Omerta City of Gangsters and Assassin's Creed Revelations. Omerta is Steam, and some other ones are Steam, Uplay, and Origin, but I'd steer away from the DRM free games. I grabbed a cheap one a couple weeks back and the downloader gives me issues. You can redeem Uplay keys though, it's just a bit harder.[/QUOTE]
Was going to post this, I'm thinking about buying this but the reviews for Omerta are horrendous and would like Ass Creed to be redeemable on Steam (yeah I know it shouldn't matter but I'm a Steam whore and would rather have all the Ass beliefs together)

[quote name='sunasun']Was going to post this, I'm thinking about buying this but the reviews for Omerta are horrendous and would like Ass Creed to be redeemable on Steam (yeah I know it shouldn't matter but I'm a Steam whore and would rather have all the Ass beliefs together)[/QUOTE]
Ironically, most of the bad reviews I read still say something like "...but I can't stop playing the game" or "even though everything sucks, it's still fun".

Probably wasting my money, but here goes nothing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ironically, most of the bad reviews I read still say something like "...but I can't stop playing the game" or "even though everything sucks, it's still fun".

Probably wasting my money, but here goes nothing.[/QUOTE]
still 2 more days, I'll probably give in by Sunday, lol

Both Steam and Uplay keys activated like a charm. Funny story though, I had the page translated, and it changed "LUVA" in my Uplay key to "GLOVE". Beware. :lol:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ironically, most of the bad reviews I read still say something like "...but I can't stop playing the game" or "even though everything sucks, it's still fun".

*shrug* I had a blast playing the demo. I was totally engrossed in the atmosphere, and yeah, then I read those lackluster reviews too. Still, I think I'd have fun playing a full game of it.

[quote name='Necrotron']*shrug* I had a blast playing the demo. I was totally engrossed in the atmosphere, and yeah, then I read those lackluster reviews too. Still, I think I'd have fun playing a full game of it.[/QUOTE]
I'd jump on it now if I were you then. Unless you really don't want or already have ACR or Binary Domain, it's a pretty good deal for how new the game is.

As they say in my neck of the woods, "don't feel pregnant." I bit on this one too. Now to offload my AC:R Uplay key in the trading forums. . . .

[quote name='asheskitty']
Yes! ...and at six bucks it's gonna be a long wait for it to drop substantially more. Be warned it's more of a so-so Flatout knockoff than a successor to Dirt 3. That said, highish profile car game for $6 is hard for me to pass up.

Edit: On glancing (more remembering) reviews again, I'm less certain about snagging it for $6.[/quote]
I would guess that DIRT3 for $6 would be the better deal over DIRT Showdown...

/agree!!! The next biggest in terms of map size is possibly NFS:HP (2010), but it's substantially smaller and doesn't have the avatar-based stuff.
Hmm....NFS: HP 2010 is all separate maps, though....
TDU2 has TWO separate huge game-worlds (Oahu and Ibiza).

What about NFS: MW 2005? Or NFS: MW 2012? Burnout Paradise?
I'm not sure all of those together in game-world size are as huge to even ONE map of TDU2, nevermind TWO maps of TDU2.

I think there's room for a major PC racing franchise that has some sense of consistency. (NFS games are mostly united in title only. Their gameplay styles and quality have differed significantly over the past decade.)
Well, sure, us gamers want room for another PC racer...
...but the question really is if another company will pick it up.

I'd love to see a TDU3.

It just seems like most of the major AAA publishers already have a racing series.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd jump on it now if I were you then. Unless you really don't want or already have ACR or Binary Domain, it's a pretty good deal for how new the game is.[/QUOTE]

I'd jump but the not things in that list I don't have besides omerta are:

Stay Dead
Blades of Time
Deep Black

I thought about Blades of Time but ive passed on it before at around $5-7.50 so not sure I'd actually be getting a good deal. I wish you could do two Omertas.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just thought I'd give a heads up that Nuuvem has a 2 for $20 sale going on. $20 Brazilian Real, though, so it comes out to $10.44 for US buyers. They accept PayPal, so it's an easy process.

Most notably, there's Omerta City of Gangsters and Assassin's Creed Revelations. Omerta is Steam, and some other ones are Steam, Uplay, and Origin, but I'd steer away from the DRM free games. I grabbed a cheap one a couple weeks back and the downloader gives me issues. You can redeem Uplay keys though, it's just a bit harder.[/QUOTE]

That deep black game cover looks like vanquish, and that suit looks like issac from dead space :cold:

That's a good deal. Too bad I was banned from Nuuvem for some reason after buying the Mount & Blade pack for R$10/$5 USD last year.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'd jump but the not things in that list I don't have besides omerta are:

Stay Dead
Blades of Time
Deep Black

I thought about Blades of Time but ive passed on it before at around $5-7.50 so not sure I'd actually be getting a good deal. I wish you could do two Omertas.[/QUOTE]
I was so close on Stay Dead. So close.

(Kidding, I already HAVE IT.)

[quote name='tfr']That deep black game cover looks like vanquish, and that suit looks like issac from dead space :cold:[/QUOTE]
lol, however terrible/knock-off it looks, it's not Steam, Origin, or Uplay, so I wrote it off. Haven't had good experiences with the Nuuvem downloader.

[quote name='MysterD']
I would guess that DIRT3 for $6 would be the better deal over DIRT Showdown...
Hmm....NFS: HP 2010 is all separate maps, though....
TDU2 has TWO separate huge game-worlds (Oahu and Ibiza).

What about NFS: MW 2005? Or NFS: MW 2012? Burnout Paradise?
I'm not sure all of those together in game-world size are as huge to even ONE map of TDU2, nevermind TWO maps of TDU2.
Well, sure, us gamers want room for another PC racer...
...but the question really is if another company will pick it up.

I'd love to see a TDU3.

It just seems like most of the major AAA publishers already have a racing series.
[/QUOTE]

NFS: HP (2010) has a free roam mode. All the roads you race on are portions of a larger map. I chose that because I feel that it's likely the largest in terms of map-area, since most roads are long distance segments, and the downtown/mainstreet sections are comparatively small -- rather similar to TDU2 in this respect. I also noted that NFS: HP (2010) is substantially smaller. I feel that it is a bit smaller than Ohau, but totally lacking Ibza.

NFS: MW (2012) has performance issues, and I have a four year old gaming PC -- it hasn't been cheap enough for me to chance it. Thus I really can't say anything first-hand about it.

NFS: U2, MW (2005), and Burnout: Paradise are all similar in their map layout -- partially segmented dense urban areas, with a bit of a rural/windy mountain road bit. Driver: SF also should probably be lumped in here. Those city segments are similar to GTA: VC & IV but customized for racing. I simply have a hard time comparing size in those to the more expansive area racers like TDU2 & NFS: HP (2010). Even if you had the number of kilometers of road measurements to compare, I think it's rather subjectively different. In addition, unlike the others, TDU2 doesn't have any real focus on "shortcuts".

The other comparison that should get mention here is GTA: SA's map, as it remains fairly unique by incorporating three cities, and the space between them. (Extra interesting for me, since I've lived in Los Santos & San Fierro, and have been to Las Venturas.)

Of course the ultimate trump card is NFS: The Run if you're comparing area, since you're racing from coast-to-coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back