The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the wired one that my fellow CAG recommended , which will last longer? My controller isn't in the best shape! Haha
Honestly, I will always lean toward wireless. I frequently hook my laptop up to a big screen, and being able to have 4 people playing wirelessly at once from the couch is way better than sacrificing 4 usb ports and cords everywhere. My receiver has been working for nearly a year, and I can easily go down to the pawn shops and grab a new controller if mine poops out. Plus, friends can bring theirs over if they have a 360 and have no trouble. Way worth it.

That said, I did have one game that didn't want to work with wireless and needed a wired version. I can't remember which it was, but it was hardly a deal breaker. Anything that isn't officially supported can be supplemented by 3rd party software; I personally use Pinnacle Game Profiler. The main issue I found is games wanting to use the default controller device, Microsoft's Virtual HID Controller, instead of my controller - going to the device manager and disabling it solved any issues with games detecting the controller with no side effects.

Edit: The game I had problems with was Dark Souls: PTDE. After research I found myself at https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/, but the game doesn't run well enough on my laptop for me to have invested more time into it.

Yeah I didn't get it for gaming but I see so much deals here so might as well give it a try! Thanks to everyone again :D
Ah, you already own it. It should be able to handle most* games at acceptable settings. (I thought you were looking at picking up a laptop for gaming.)

*weasel word, mainly directed at Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, & the like

While on the topic of a laptop, I'll be picking one up for my brother-in-law. What graphics card do people recommend without breaking the bank? I went all out for my personal desktop, but not hoping to spend a fortune on a laptop for brother-in-law

Honestly, I will always lean toward wireless. I frequently hook my laptop up to a big screen, and being able to have 4 people playing wirelessly at once from the couch is way better than sacrificing 4 usb ports and cords everywhere. My receiver has been working for nearly a year, and I can easily go down to the pawn shops and grab a new controller if mine poops out. Plus, friends can bring theirs over if they have a 360 and have no trouble. Way worth it.

That said, I did have one (older) game that didn't want to work with wireless and needed a wired version. I can't remember which it was, but it was hardly a deal breaker. Anything that isn't officially supported can be supplemented by 3rd party software; I personally use Pinnacle Game Profiler. The main issue I found is games wanting to use the default controller device, Microsoft's Virtual HID Controller, instead of my controller - going to the device manager and disabling it solved any issues with games detecting the controller with no side effects.

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QRKWKQ/ref=pd_aw_sbs_vg_3?pi=SS115

Or do I need more than a controller and USB port? I think the one above has eveything needed..? Thanks again

While on the topic of a laptop, I'll be picking one up for my brother-in-law. What graphics card do people recommend without breaking the bank? I went all out for my personal desktop, but not hoping to spend a fortune on a laptop for brother-in-law
put a $ figure on that... people's expectations and laptop prices vary so much (also, seriously keep an eye on slickdeals)

A wired 360 controller is the best. The newEgg one is amazing and the cord is really, really fucking long so distance isn't a problem. It automatically works flawlessly with most modern games and you won't have to replace batteries or anything. It's one of the best purchases I ever spent for my PC.

put a $ figure on that... people's expectations and laptop prices vary so much (also, seriously keep an eye on slickdeals)
Between 1K to 1.5. I was looking at sager and xotic custom laptops. At or under 1K would be ideal but I had 1.5K earmarked for a new TV that I can leverage.

A wired 360 controller is the best. The newEgg one is amazing and the cord is really, really fucking long so distance isn't a problem. It automatically works flawlessly with most modern games and you won't have to replace batteries or anything. It's one of the best purchases I ever spent for my PC.
Yeah, I have two USB-based wired 360 controllers.

<3 'em.

wirez r 2 oldskul

Can you link me to it :D? Much appreciated

Looks like a mid grade laptop to me. Based on specs alone I'd imagine you wouldn't have any issues running today's games (Ivy Bridge, mid-grade GPU chipset, enough RAM).

As for getting a wireless xbox controller to work with it, there's a simple plug and play wireless adapter dongle that works with them (such as: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2 , watch for cheap knock-offs). I used one for a year or so before it finally crapped the bed. Picked up a wired controller on the cheap and didn't look back.
You say watch for knockoffs and then you linked one! That said, that particular knockoff is the one I use and it works great. It's rare to find the real ones anymore.

Will this work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QRKWKQ/ref=pd_aw_sbs_vg_3?pi=SS115

Or do I need more than a controller and USB port? I think the one above has eveything needed..? Thanks again
It supports any official Microsoft Wireless 360 controller, so yes. I think it really boils down to personal preference. I have 4 rechargeable AA batteries and a recharger and swap them out as needed. I've used my friends wired version, and still prefer the flexibility of wireless for numerous reasons stated previously and in the review. If you decide to go adapter + wireless, do watch out for knockoffs. Newegg may still have some official ones available. I'll be honest: even ordering another from that Amazon link I posted and knowing I was getting a knock-off, I'd still do it. Batteries are hardly a deterrent when you don't have cables and any additional controllers are super easy to acquire for cheap (definitely cheaper than wired, even on sale).

If you want to play older (pre-360) games with a controller you'll want something that supports DirectInput in addition to Xinput.  The Logitech F310/F710 as well as the DualShock 3 have nice support for DirectInput in addition to Xinput.

So it's pretty "safe" to craft badges now? I was holding off in case Steam did something for the summer seal, which is looks like they have done with the Mystery Cards.

Also can't believe Offspring Fling cards went up slightly. Should have got them when they were cheap

[quote name="ninjaculate" post="10879990" timestamp="1372964642"]
You say watch for knockoffs and then you linked one! That said, that particular knockoff is the one I use and it works great. It's rare to find the real ones anymore.[/quote]
I would use that but my controller is crap so a new wired/wireless one would be nice

Can you link me to it :D? Much appreciated
I didn't link because I bought mine off the Canadian Newegg here. But I'm pretty sure the exact same one is on the American version as well.

The cord comes sorta tied up so you don't have a really long cord in the way. The controller also connects to the USB port via a breakway cable, so if your controller falls off your desk or whatever, it snaps off the cable safely so your USB port doesnt get ruined, OR your computer doesn't fall off the desk as well.

So it's pretty "safe" to craft badges now? I was holding off in case Steam did something for the summer seal, which is looks like they have done with the Mystery Cards.

Also can't believe Offspring Fling cards went up slightly. Should have got them when they were cheap
No. Throwing your money away is never safe.

New card drops!

Tza70Qx.png

hN3YICm.png

Yeah I used that. Total PITA. I said "nice support".
Fair enough. I hadn't had the chance to use it yet.

I can't speak for older games, as I typically play stuff from 2000+. Thus far the only game I've had problems with specifically related to being wireless is Dark Souls, which is baffling considering all the drama about their fuck PC port and controls. There may be a simpler fix, but as I said the game wasn't running smoothly enough for me to invest more time into a resolution. To be continued!

FYI, The Humble Weekly Sale: Two Tribes is live.

-Toki Tori

-Edge

-2x 10% off Toki Tori 2+

Beat the Average:

-Rush

-10% off Toki Tori 2+

-Bonus Content (Concept Art + Signed Digital Poster)

*if someone already posted this my apologies and props to the CAG (jshackles?) who got word of a possible Two Tribes bundle.

I really hope people are liking these posts that J-Shacks has been doing with the CAG card drops. You should especially do this if he does your card. Though I've liked almost all of them.

EDIT lol, and as I'm typing this, he does mine...again. Thanks man. I'll change it over in a minute.

Yeah I used that. Total PITA. I said "nice support".
I have an old version of X360CE which has worked perfectly for just about every game (only didn't work for one Java-based game.) The newest version that I tried (a couple of weeks back) was terrible: it didn't work properly with either game that I tried (DiRT 2 & SMB.)

For those keeping track - there are now 44 CAG Trading Cards.  Some are super rare!  Collect them all!

EDIT: Sorry only 43 I had two versions saved out of MysterD.

For those keeping track - there are now 44 CAG Trading Cards. Some are super rare! Colle.ct them all!
Okay I'm missing 3.

Scratch that, just 2. I've been overwriting olds ones with the higher res though. We need a checklist card(s)!

Okay only missing 1 now. Found v1 and v2 of The End.

Here is the current CAG Card List:

• asheskitty
  • awestover89
  • blade
  • bubzers
  • Cheaplikeafox
  • Detruire
  • Drabelincoln
  • DukeEdwardI
  • EarthBoundX5
  • Eldredpe
  • Flowette
  • Frithsblessing
  • gaben
  • glennfrank
  • hal
  • Hoader
  • Idiotekque
  • imac2much
  • izod
  • jakenome
  • JP
  • jshackles
  • juanjava
  • kiwimonster
  • Momouchi
  • mooby
  • MrNinjaSquirrel
  • MulderYuffie
  • MysterD
  • NvaderJim
  • pepsiguy_2
  • Preedatore
  • pROvIs
  • RollingSkull
  • solidsnakeeyes
  • Spiricore
  • spoderman
  • sunasun
  • Syntax Error
  • The End
  • theemadgamer
  • TheKbob
  • Tsel
  • utopianmachine
  • warreni

Good lord, he's a Raven's fan.

Though I probably shouldn't say anything. Until a couple of weeks ago, I had a Serial Killer on my team. :shock:

Okay I'm missing 3.

Scratch that, just 2. I've been overwriting olds ones with the higher res though. We need a checklist card(s)!

Okay only missing 1 now. Found v1 and v2 of The End.
Im waiting for a error card or a special hologram

Gotta find theemadgamer, all I'm missing.

Good lord, he's a Raven's fan.

Though I probably shouldn't say anything. Until a couple of weeks ago, I had a Serial Killer on my team. :shock:
NEW ENGLAND TEBOWS FAN!!!

Looking back, at the Sonic bundle it sucks I missed out on that.

Wait so now we're collecting cag trading cards? Also shameless plug for one so I don't feel different.

Haha, this thread is highly enjoyable to read through and follow.

I'm surprised only 338 CAGers follow this thread. Which is far less than what GMG (1046) and Amazon (1422) have. Bizarre.

Gotta find theemadgamer, all I'm missing.

NEW ENGLAND TEBOWS FAN!!!

Looking back, at the Sonic bundle it sucks I missed out on that.

SILENCE!

Oh, and happy 4th to those of us in the U.S. Headed out to watch friends burn meat on open flames to celebrate :p

How else do we get Cheapy space bucks?
[sarcasm]

Do we get those if we make CheapyD a "Homie" of ours in the upcoming Saints Row IV?

I heard CheapyD makes it rain/reign Space Bucks in that game. ;)

[/sarcasm]

[real]

SIDE NOTE: If only CheapyD was a "Homie" in SR4.

[/real]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back