The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it was a cheap game. I knew the risk but thought I'd do better than this.

These damn guys keep showing up selling multiples of the same card and list it right under my price. Dammit.

WTF, I'm sitting here stressing and agonizing over a $2 purchase, too much CAG for my own good. I'll leave my listings where they are, relax and just hope for the best.

I had a Blizzard yesterday, so good.

Yeah, some crazy undercutting going on with They Bleed Pixels, at this point if my two remaining cards don't sell I'll just keep em up, and wait for things to stabilize.

Eh, I'm just holding onto my TBP cards. The sale is a short one, and people are being fucktards and going into "OMG I MUST SELL IT NOW AND UNDERCUT BY 20 CENTS" mode right now. I think it'll stabilize once the sale is over and all the undercutter's cards sell.

Eh, I'm just holding onto my TBP cards. The sale is a short one, and people are being fucktards and going into "OMG I MUST SELL IT NOW AND UNDERCUT BY 20 CENTS" mode right now. I think it'll stabilize once the sale is over and all the undercutter's cards sell.
I was undercutting, but once I saw jumps of more than 5 cents I stopped. Still, sold 3 of the four for $1.34. Won't make the money back but will get close.

for me i did not care i sold them for average going price so far made $35 selling cards 20 to 50 cents only one card sold for $1.50 for me

but it all games i bought in past played enjoy so anything i make is just gravy

tumblr_m4m8mvx7Uv1r6zo3u.gif

I can see the animation. I'm using Chrome... you?
Im using ie 10 and see the animation
I mean the animation for my avatar, was just posting both pics to show I wasn't a fuck up and that the images in question were both animated gifs, lol

EDIT: And I updated my giveaways to be open to all CAGs, not just BGCQ...

and just a reminder of the one already open...

and don't worry idiotekque, Avadon is still BGCQ, meaning its practically your's

I mean the animation for my avatar, was just posting both pics to show I wasn't a fuck up and that the images in question were both animated gifs, lol
CAG 3.0 screws with avatars. Gifs aren't animated, and even non-animated images are downscaled regardless of their size and made slightly blurry.

It's annoying.

I always avoid click those like buttons because it feels to facebooky...does anything actually come out of getting a bunch of post likes?

So anyone care to explain to me why my avatar is not showing its animation??
Old one worked and still works fine
ness-peace.gif

But this new one won't show its animation...
cag_steam-card_ness-peace.gif
I just "liked" your post out of spite!

Animated Avatars stopped displaying correctly in CAG 3.0, but both of the gifs you posted are working fine. That animated CAG card is going to be worth at least three times more than a foil.

CAG 3.0 screws with avatars. Gifs aren't animated, and even non-animated images are downscaled regardless of their size and made slightly blurry.

It's annoying.
Ya, I figured its definitely another stupid 3.0 problem, just weird that if I switch to my old avatar, it shows the animation...

These prices are too damn low, going to unlist my cards and wait it out. On second thought, I'm just gonna list them for what I need to break even (.63 each) and then leave it alone.

Here's a quick BGCQ giveaway for Independence Day

(see what I did there...)

and to those in the DARK about BGCQ, here is something that FORCES you to be happy regardless

and for you non contributing jerk CAGs, freedom can still be celebrated!

These prices are too damn low, going to unlist my cards and wait it out.
Yeah, I jumped the gun on a Gun Monkey trading card and had to sell it for the low price of $2.30 or so last night because everyone kept under cutting me. I kept the other cards thankfully and they sold for over $4 today! I feel like I'm ready to take on Wall Street now!

To the Moon was really amazing. Worth every penny.
Oh my gosh, I absolutely loved To the Moon. I still listen to the sound track now and then... I'm eagerly anticipating their next game!

just got back from a couple of long days at work, Off topic a little, but;

jshackles - great work with the CAG cards, I have had several nice laughs, thank you

so is the consensus that Steam will likely start sale next Thursday?

Probably about $1.50ish from a Triple Town card :lol: more than broke even on it though, and I love the game, so was a win for me anyway. Still no foils  :oldman:

I am DLing like a 50 KF levels from the workshop community.  KF Zelda and MInecraft here I come.  By the way, the new objective mode is pretty awesome. 

Am I too late to join the CAG Trading Card Group?

yb4u.png

Thanks jshackles!

BTW, do you think the Sonic pack returns maybe, for Summer sale? I added it to my cart and the price was fixed!  :censored: !!!!

No, he meant to link to the controller. Wired > Wireless.
lol. I use a wired as well...but it's really personal preference. I LOVE not having to charge/change batteries, but sometimes the cable could be a couple feet longer. I ended up getting a 3ft USB extension cable for just that reason. (I sit about 8ft from the TV).

That one includes the adapter.
Ah! didn't see that.. damn. I should have gotten that one for my GF.

Not to mention the adapter supports four wireless controllers at once (including your current ones).

Hardly any more expensive than the wired controller too.
I can vouch for this - that's the exact same controller I use and it rocks! And like Idiotekque said, you can connect up to 4 controllers to 1 PC if you have some extra Xbox 360 wireless controllers laying around.

So I saw they added achievements to Indie Game: The Movie

• Feature Complete - Watch Indie Game: The Movie.
  • Extra Lives - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie extras.
  • Nice to Meat You - Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.
  • Teh Internets - Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.
  • Bonus Levels - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition segments.

I'm finding it rather shocking how different some of these images are when blown up high res to what I originally thought, it's like I finally saw the puzzle box after staring at half the pieces on the table :shock:

No problem. :)

JNVHwI1.png
Thanks!

BTW, I used to play War of the Roses, great game. Today I joined a game (after one or two months) and was full of "snipers". More than half the players were with bows/crossbows, it's impossible. What I liked from the game, melee combat, is useless. Hope it was just that game I joined, but they should put a cap on the number of "snipers" on each team... maybe there are servers that apply that control

Thanks!

BTW, I used to play War of the Roses, great game. Today I joined a game (after one or two months) and was full of "snipers". More than half the players were with bows/crossbows, it's impossible. What I liked from the game, melee combat, is useless. Hope it was just that game I joined, but they should put a cap on the number of "snipers" on each team... maybe there are servers that apply that control
It's kinda random. I felt the same way when I played for a bit yesterday while getting the cards, but some matches were fine. It's always been kind of a toss up.

Guns, on the other hands... Getting one-shotted by those is no fun. On the flipside, I rushed one dude with a gun, strafed around, and he couldn't do shit and got chopped down pretty quick. The game isn't bad on the balance end, you just have to know how to approach the situation.

It's kinda random. I felt the same way when I played for a bit yesterday while getting the cards, but some matches were fine. It's always been kind of a toss up.

Guns, on the other hands... Getting one-shotted by those is no fun. On the flipside, I rushed one dude with a gun, strafed around, and he couldn't do shit and got chopped down pretty quick. The game isn't bad on the balance end, you just have to know how to approach the situation.
There are guns now? I missed a lot...

Yeah, observe.

61YT%2BNbYC1L.jpg

Not to mention the adapter supports four wireless controllers at once (including your current ones).

Hardly any more expensive than the wired controller too.
1) I don't think I have the exact same adapter, but I have a very similar one. What I can't figure out is why the cord is so long. I use a laptop, so I guess if you're gaming on a desktop you might want more cord, but it's crazy long.

2) It's worth checking on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread on CAG for deals. I got an OEM wireless adapter for ~$10 and a wireless controller for ~$25. A lot of the times the "used" controllers just have dings in the packaging.

when is the sonic sale over? anybody want to do a 4 pack on racing transformed, pm me. never done one before tho so idk if you just paypal the money to one person or how it works lol. but that's a good price on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back