The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many of you, I also just received my 2nd booster pack. I have my doubts that drops are random.

It looks like no one is buying Blocks that Matter boosters. The last sale was $3.48 on Tuesday, when I went to sell there were about a dozen at $1.12, and now there are more listed at $1.00-1.12.  Talk about a crash.

I seem to recall people talking about two versions of Indie Game -- a censored or shortened version and a full version on Netflix.  Which version is the one on Steam?

I went ahead and unpacked mine.  Go Home Dino packs weren't selling at $2 so I figured I'd gamble for a foil.  Didn't get a foil, but after fees I'll be getting more selling the cards individually than selling the booster as a whole. 

There's gonna be a major price crash on cards today, followed by a huge rally once the sale starts and we find out what event will be happening. This is my guess.

So much supply just got injected into the market.

Came to read about deals.

Left disappointed, reading about "cards".
There really isn't a whole lot to discuss about gmod. It's on sale. Again. It will be on sale again in another week or two.

And to get back on topic: Borderlands 2 booster here. Listed for $8.62 earlier today, now at $2.50.

Holy crap.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst  is coming to Steam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wFnn2FBakk

I unpacked my Defender's Quest booster pack and got three regular cards, but made just about as much selling them individually. 

Reading the Steam forums, it sound like maybe they are not obtainable yet...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/207080/discussions/0/864969953627723657/

Side Note: The very notion of achievements was bad, but DLC just terrifies me...
Not really.

The film makers have said that they've wanted to release a special edition version of the movie since 2011. What better way to distribute the special edition to existing owners on Steam than to sell it as a DLC upgrade? Instead of forcing them to buy another version, they can just -add- onto the original one at a much lower price (or even free, depending on what they want to do.) Then people who didn't buy the original can buy the special edition at the normal price, whatever it may be.

Don't forget that DLC on Steam can be free. Magicka and other games have had free DLC packs released.

Is anyone else as OCD when it comes to selling cards? I usually either try to sell them in increments of 5 cents or even numbers, so my wallet ends up being something like $43.50 or $43.00. 

Read through the last couple pages of the thread. Are people with large stocks of cards actually looking to collect them/gain badges/etc or is the current thinking that the game cards may be valuable in the upcoming sale?

I had been selling off all mine, but stopped last night, for the latter reason.

Read through the last couple pages of the thread. Are people with large stocks of cards actually looking to collect them/gain badges/etc or is the current thinking that the game cards may be valuable in the upcoming sale?

I had been selling off all mine, but stopped last night, for the latter reason.
I sold as many as possible before the beta went public, but I'm waiting now since so many went below 25c on the market. I'm holding onto cards for a handful of games that I really like in order to eventually craft badges, but other than Psychonauts and Trine I don't know how many games I like that much...

What if booster packs contain special magical things during the summer sale.  That's why the GunMonkeys one is so expensive.  It could contain a foil coupon. 

I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping any summer sale activities involving spending anything on cards.  I'm sure we'll have regular deals, but they seem geared up for some sort of special crap with those mystery cards and coupons.  I'm sure they'll throw like ten 75% off Skyrim Legendary coupons out there and that will be enough for people to buy into the crafting thing.  They did something similar with the coal, but for free, so I expect the same thing but with cards now.  Smart of them.

That said, the minute Killing Floor gets cards I'll be collecting zeds and badges like they were beanie babies. 

1) I bit the bullet and got a Sonic 4 pack. 3 2 1 left- pm me (I accept Paypal gift or amazon gc)

2) I should know better by now, but what the heck. It's always amusing to me (growing up in a US possession) when Americans use the term yankee. If you are american, you are a yankee  :bouncy:  It reminds me of a "joke":

To non-americans, every american is a yankee (or yanqui)

To southerners, every northerner is a yankee.

To northerners, a yankee is someone from New England

To New Englanders, a yankee is someone from Vermont

(I think there is another part, but I forgot which part of Vermont is the "yankee" part)

Seems like booster generation has been stuck and now fixed = a lot of ppl getting boosters at same time and values are now almost at value of 3 cards :(

Is anyone else as OCD when it comes to selling cards? I usually either try to sell them in increments of 5 cents or even numbers, so my wallet ends up being something like $43.50 or $43.00.
Yep. I look at the lowest price and go to the five-cent "seller receives" increment that will put me below the low selling price. I hate having stray pennies floating around in my virtual wallet.

I really get sick of people who claims "I'm special, I don't watch TV, I watch Netflix or some other steaming service".

Nobody asserted or insinuated that.

If you're getting catty because of something as trivial as this -- remember: internet -- I prescribe a vigorous weight-shake and nut-slap, on the double.

Eventually Cable/Satellite got commercials, so too will Netflix, and then what? Will it still not be TV?
I want you to post your source so I can break this jarring story and collect my 15 minutes.

Ya, thats my point. Netflix can be used to net the same activity as TV, as can TV net the same activity as Netflix. I can just decide to watch a specific show on TV, skip commercials (assuming I DVRed it), and bam, Netflix.
2m68js0.jpg

NETFLIX:

2jb85r4.jpg

1297473_o.gif

Seems like booster generation has been stuck and now fixed = a lot of ppl getting boosters at same time and values are now almost at value of 3 cards :(
Considering the extremely low drop rate for foils, the booster packs shouldn't be worth much more than 3 commons.

I got my first booster pack today (Psychonauts, like half the board apparently). I decided to figure out what its "market value" would be, with the following assumptions:

- foils will drop at the same rate as they do when playing

- all foils have an equal chance to drop

- all commons have an equal chance to drop

With those assumptions in place, the only variable is the probability of the drop rate. Everything else is just math. So I went through the market, found the average price of commons (26.1 cents) and foils ($1.774), guessed at a foil-drop rate (I started with 2%, which is probably way too high), and plugged in the numbers.

If the drop rate for foils is 2% (that is, 2 out of every 100 cards is a foil), then a booster pack of three random cards should sell for 87 cents.

When I was cranking through the numbers, booster packs were priced at $1.04. In order for that price to be the correct value, the foil drop rate would need to be somewhere around 5.7%. That's ridiculously high, which confirms that Psychonauts booster packs are overpriced relative to the prices of the cards themselves.

I got one for Strike Suit Infinity, score! After selling it the game will be free + profit for me, finally.  Oh, incidentally, I thought you had to have no more card drops remaining to get boosters.  Was it just for that specific game? I still have one drop left for Alan Wake and am away from my main compy for the holiday weekend.

But I am also stockpiling cards for the sale in the hopes that their value will go up.  I think I'm up to forty or so at this point.  I'll bet Valve will have free games as part of the promotion, even if the probability of getting one is very small.  That sounds like something they'd do.

Got a booster for Really Big Sky. Unpacked it and got generics. After listing the first one on the market, I received errors and now I can't even view my Steam Inventory, just TF2/Portal 2.

If the drop rate for foils is 2% (that is, 2 out of every 100 cards is a foil), then a booster pack of three random cards should sell for 87 cents.
I suspect 2% might be fairly accurate.

I've had about 100 drops and 2 have been foils (1 at drop 70, the other around drop 100), so anecdotally for me it's been true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back