The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh wow that went up early (new to watching steam prices). so i have a few days i guess. anybody know if you can bring local 2 - 4 players into an online match?

def down for it, hopefully somebody here is trying to get a 4 pack
Steam tends to have three types of sales:

Daily Deals go from 1EST to 1EST every day, 24 hour sale

Midweek Madness go from 1EST Tuesday to (usually) 7EST Thursday

Weekend Deals go from 1EST Thursday until 1EST Monday

And there is another thread for group buys where you might get a better response

007 Legends was the only thing I was hoping would go back on sale on Amazon after the whole Activision licensing issue. Too bad, nothing else I wanted.

Hopefully the Steam summer sale will be good.

So um, if anyone bought that big Sonic pack with CARDZ money and would like to make that into PayPal money, send me a PM. I'd like to grab that set.

So I saw they added achievements to Indie Game: The Movie
  • Feature Complete - Watch Indie Game: The Movie.
  • Extra Lives - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie extras.
  • Nice to Meat You - Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.
  • Teh Internets - Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.
  • Bonus Levels - Watch all the Indie Game: The Movie Special Edition segments.
fuck, I knew I shouldn't have watched and uninstalled it yet!

Y'all bitches be crazy
tumblr_lvwkcnywGk1r3ttf0o1_500.gif
tumblr_md3fs1heQl1ro2d43.gif
Pfft, ain't none of you got nothin' on me

kool-aid_super-fruity.jpg

I can vouch for this - that's the exact same controller I use and it rocks! And like Idiotekque said, you can connect up to 4 controllers to 1 PC if you have some extra Xbox 360 wireless controllers laying around.

• Nice to Meat You - Listen to Team Meat's Indie Game: The Movie commentary track.
  • Teh Internets - Press the Twitter or Facebook buttons on the Indie Game: The Movie extras menu.
Damn this slightly tempts me to redeem my steam key for it... it's notta game cognitive dissonance kept me from redeeming my steam key. (and no, I haven't watched it)

Damn this slightly tempts me to redeem my steam key for it... it's notta game cognitive dissonance kept me from redeeming my steam key. (and no, I haven't watched it)
lol, can't wait for the achievements for You Need a Budget

Poor House Achievement Unlocked:

Deadbeat Achievement Unlocked:

It's actually a pretty good documentary, very interesting and a great insight into how Phil Fish (creator of Fez) has severe depression and should seriously seek psychological help.

lol, can't wait for the achievements for You Need a Budget

Poor House Achievement Unlocked:

Deadbeat Achievement Unlocked:
CAG Level Spending Unlocked

Taking out too many Loans Unlocked

Second Mortgage Unlocked

Maximum Debt Accumulated Unlocked

Bankruptcy Unlocked

Suicide Unlocked

(fyi, these are meant to be a tiered level based set of achievements)

Steam tends to have three types of sales:

Daily Deals go from 1EST to 1EST every day, 24 hour sale

Midweek Madness go from 1EST Tuesday to (usually) 7EST Thursday

Weekend Deals go from 1EST Thursday until 1EST Monday

And there is another thread for group buys where you might get a better response
I should probably add the end dates to the OP for future deals, I've been thinking about doing so for a while :whistle2:k

I really liked IGM. It helped me to see a different side to Fish despite all his controversy, after seeing all he went through making the game and how bad things kept going, though I agree he really needs professional help (and I mean that in the best way possible). I also fell in love with Super Meat Boy and its creators despite having not played it yet, and now I see why everyone thing Jonathon Blow is a pretentious douche :lol: So yeah, definitely watch it. It's one of my favorite documentaries in recent years, and is surprisingly well done. I want to get a copy on Steam soon so I can rewatch it :D

I'd probably add

Steam Card Fraud

Faked Death

I don't know who Phil Fish* is, and I don't care.  (I'm quite picky about what TV shows/movies I watch too**... the only Yankee TV shows I've watched in the last year is Dexter, Breaking Bad, & Game of Thrones)

*If I hadn't read CAG banter about him, I'd have no clue.

**I can't figure why so many people react like I'm a borderline sociopath when I tell them, I don't watch TV.

I can vouch for this - that's the exact same controller I use and it rocks! And like Idiotekque said, you can connect up to 4 controllers to 1 PC if you have some extra Xbox 360 wireless controllers laying around.

That seems entirely unnecessary and makes me want to watch the movie. Damn them.

It's actually a pretty good documentary, very interesting and a great insight into how Phil Fish (creator of Fez) has severe depression and should seriously seek psychological help.
So I should watch the documentary to learn about how the Fish needs therapy.

Well, damn it, that tempts me too!

Head's up for anybody in the market for a controller. Amazon has the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with PC dongle as a Gold Box lightning sale for $35.00. According to Camel, this ties an all-time low for this controller on Amazon. Though the Gold Box discount is only $5 off the regular Amazon price. So I'll let you decide how good off a deal this is.

Head's up for anybody in the market for a controller. Amazon has the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with PC dongle as a Gold Box lightning sale for $35.00. According to Camel, this ties an all-time low for this controller on Amazon. Though the Gold Box discount is only $5 off the regular Amazon price. So I'll let you decide how good off a deal this is.

I paid $35 in a lightning deal in the past. Good deal, I'd say.

Aw hell! I just bought this yesterday! After some credit, I shelled out $22. My cheapass side is fighting my lazyass side...and losing.

I'd probably add

Steam Card Fraud

Faked Death

I don't know who Phil Fish* is, and I don't care. (I'm quite picky about what TV shows/movies I watch too**... the only Yankee TV shows I've watched in the last year is Dexter, Breaking Bad, & Game of Thrones)

**I can't figure why so many people react like I'm a borderline sociopath when I tell them, I don't watch TV.

What qualifies Game of Thrones as a Yankee show? The set locations aren't in the US, and the actors aren't Yankees. Is it because the writer is a Yankee and it's an HBO show?

Anyways, I can't speak for Dexter, but BB and GoT are great TV. I'd also include Boardwalk Empire in that list.

What qualifies Game of Thrones as a Yankee show? The set locations aren't in the US, and the actors aren't Yankees. Is it because the writer is a Yankee and it's an HBO show?

Anyways, I can't speak for Dexter, but BB and GoT are great TV. I'd also include Boardwalk Empire in that list.
And where does she get off using the term "Yankee" like she's not a citizen of the United States? She probably lives in Boston. ;)

How good a deal is this? I have managed to avoid adding Sleeping Dogs to my Backlog until now... and probably wouldn't play it right away. What do you all think? Should I hold out for cheaper/more addons included??

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/sleeping-dogs-pack/
Sheepy Dogs is fantastic -- GTA done right, with Batman-lite combat + Bullettime. That said if you're just backlogging, you might as well hold out a little longer for the Complete Edition. I paid $13 back at Thanksgiving, and the DLC isn't worth much.

Good point. I'm calling GoT Yankee purely on the basis of it being an HBO production and thus is carried on a major US network, and thus has a large US viewerbase.

The particular distinction for the purposes of my post, is that the majority of my TV & movie watching is non-US (and largely non-English) and not carried on TV or in Cinemas.

And where does she get off using the term "Yankee" like she's not a citizen of the United States? She probably lives in Boston. ;)
Dual national. My English betrays non-English/American language patterns in a subtle way that makes Americans always think I'm from another part of the country. Hearing my breed of Colonial English regularly makes me cringe as I hear mistakes that I recognize but still make myself. I don't think or speak like a pure-breed American.

[quote name="asheskitty" post="10881955" timestamp="1373046407"]
Sheepy Dogs is fantastic -- GTA done right, with Batman-lite combat + Bullettime. That said if you're just backlogging, you might as well hold out a little longer for the Complete Edition. I paid $13 back at Thanksgiving, and the DLC isn't worth much.

Good point. I'm calling GoT Yankee purely on the basis of it being an HBO production and thus is carried on a major US network, and thus has a large US viewerbase.

The particular distinction for the purposes of my post, is that the majority of my TV & movie watching is non-US (and largely non-English) and not carried on TV or in Cinemas.

Dual national. My English betrays non-English/American language patterns in a subtle way that makes Americans always think I'm from another part of the country. Hearing my breed of Colonial English regularly makes me cringe as I hear mistakes that I recognize but still make myself.
I don't think or speak like a pure-breed American.[/quote]
I don't think most Americans do either.

And what is a "pure-breed" American? Is it like cats/dogs? Two Americans breed another? Or two Americans from the same family? Guess it depends on what part of the country you are from...

has gary's mod gotten lower than 2.50 for other past sales? if yes i will just wait till the summer sale since i probably wouldn't play it before then anyway. 

I'd probably add

Steam Card Fraud

Faked Death

I don't know who Phil Fish* is, and I don't care. (I'm quite picky about what TV shows/movies I watch too**... the only Yankee TV shows I've watched in the last year is Dexter, Breaking Bad, & Game of Thrones)

True, I was thinking Faked Death too, but with how difficult to get away with, I figured it'd be too hard of an achievement to add. I hate when there is crap like, shit like "Beat <insert various Cave shooter> without getting hit"

And my god, what is wrong with you?! How can you expect to rot your mind with video games alone?! You need the mindless TV, its lazy to a factor of 10.

That said, for current shows, I'd recommend Falling Skies (surprising good most of the time), Sons of Anarchy (i skipped this for 3 seasons before giving in and watching, big mistake to have waited), Psych (my god 80s reference crime/comedy to the extreme), Person of Interest (its basically real-er batman), and of course mother fucking ADVENTURE TIME

and of course there are various mindless comedy shows that are awesome

Who doesn't need therapy? I'm a fucking mess. Boooring.
Those who DON'T think they need therapy probably need it the most

Daily Deal

Garry's Mod - $9.99 $2.49
Pretty common (and lowest) price, but if you've not experienced it, get it!

I haven't watched TV in 8+ years but I f--- with shows on Netflix occasionally.

It turned out that commercials aired during Family Matters were contaminating my gray matter. A clean break from TV shed the avarice induced by the snake-oil that was shoved in my face like smelling salts after a cognac bender. Gradually the pressure to maintain a certain status and collect silly shit slithered away in the direction of your grandma's weed-greenhouse.

Fun Fact: Did you know that some King Cobras can growl in addition to hissing?

It's gut wrenching for me to watch the white middle-class take center stage on ABC and Disney and many others. Those cornballs may be the most swagless, most naive people to ever live (in la-la land).

Note: I'm white.

I forgot, thanks for the recommend! (Yes, I'm making a note of it ;))

True, I was thinking Faked Death too, but with how difficult to get away with, I figured it'd be too hard of an achievement to add. I hate when there is crap like, shit like "Beat <insert various Cave shooter> without getting hit"

And my god, what is wrong with you?! How can you expect to rot your mind with video games alone?! You need the mindless TV, its lazy to a factor of 10.

That said, for current shows, I'd recommend Falling Skies (surprising good most of the time), Sons of Anarchy (i skipped this for 3 seasons before giving in and watching, big mistake to have waited), Psych (my god 80s reference crime/comedy to the extreme), Person of Interest (its basically real-er batman), and of course mother fucking ADVENTURE TIME

and of course there are various mindless comedy shows that are awesome
Flawless Victory!

2011_12_01_Flawless_Victory.png

Thanks for the TV recommends.

TV & video games are totally different. TV is very passive. Videogames are very active and often have problem-solving. They are are good training to kill reflex training. ;)

I've tried and didn't care too much for Big Bang Theory and The Office (American Patriot Edition). I'm really quite partial to British Comedy.

Netflix is TV...

Does Netflix have commercials? Does Netflix cost an arm and some head? Does Netflix suck balls?

Serious question: Is a DVR or its equivalent affordable these days? Waiting for something to start would make me want to rip someone's hair out.

Netflix is TV...
Yes and no, it depends on how one uses it and what distinction one is trying to draw. I've known far too many people who simply flop down in front of the TV and watch whatever is on. That disgusts me.

If one turns it on just for a particular show and then turns it off, it is selective. You like and want to watch a particular show/TV... a deliberate and measured choice. I like that.

I've never had Netflix but I'd be inclined to belive that people who just watch Netflix are more discerning and thus can claim to separate themselves from from the TV-watching-zombie-masses.

So, anyone have a spare Sonic pack from yesterday? Just a friendly reminder that I'm trying to get one. :p

I haven't watched much TV in a long time either, these days I just watch my DVD backlog instead.

Yes and no, it depends on how one uses it and what distinction one is trying to draw. I've known far too many people who simply flop down in front of the TV and watch whatever is on. That disgusts me.

If one turns it on just for a particular show and then turns it off, it is selective. You like and want to watch a particular show/TV... a deliberate and measured choice. I like that.

I've never had Netflix but I'd be inclined to belive that people who just watch Netflix are more discerning and thus can claim to separate themselves from from the TV-watching-zombie-masses.
I treat the two completely differently. I watch Netflix when I want to watch something specific. TV, I normally have on as background noise, usually an NCIS, Criminal Minds, or Bones marathon. Although there are some shows that I actively seek out when new episodes are on. (Futurama, Game of Thrones are the only two right now)

Does Netflix have commercials? Does Netflix cost an arm and some head? Does Netflix suck balls?

Serious question: Is a DVR or its equivalent affordable these days? Waiting for something to start would make me want to rip someone's hair out.
Tv doesnt have commercials either if you have a dvr. Price I cant comment on since I get it all for free anyway (perk of my job, and being an engineering beta tester)

I think dish gives out free dvr's now, but it has a monthly fee of like 7-10$ or something like that. Not sure about other companies, I figure they all have either some sort of upfront dvr cost or a monthly cost that probably comes out in a wash across all of them, I assume comcast has both cause they are like that

I was curious so I tested these achievements out quickly. They all appear to be broken (Twitter/Facebook one, plus turning on the movie and fast forwarding to the end).

I forgot, thanks for the recommend! (Yes, I'm making a note of it ;))

Flawless Victory!

2011_12_01_Flawless_Victory.png

Thanks for the TV recommends.

TV & video games are totally different. TV is very passive. Videogames are very active and often have problem-solving. They are are good training to kill reflex training. ;)

I've tried and didn't care too much for Big Bang Theory and The Office (American Patriot Edition). I'm really quite partial to British Comedy.
Well in terms of those mindless comedies (big bang has its moments, but those moments amount to 5% overall good and the office just ended, so it doesn't count, but it stopped being worthwhile years ago), I'd have to say the current better of those types (comedy tv is a different breed of tv) would be...Wilfred (not watched original aussie version, but us is pretty damn funny at times, albeit a bit gross), How I Met Your Mother (I don't care what they say, and its got just a season left anyways, but i could watch nph endlessly without boredom), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (first season was best, they added danny devito, made no sense for a while, became awesome again, now its kinda slipping, but still enjoyable), Archer (who doesn't love anything voiced by H. Jon Benjamin?), Bob's Burgers (see Archer rationale, and of course see watch a season of Archer first, in order to get past how ugly everyone looks, I typically have to keep thinking about how awesome Archer in order to watch it for the funny is contains), The IT Crowd (technically has been over for years, but there is still talks of a special, its a great BRITISH comedy about the perils of working in IT), Raising Hope (basically the sequel/continuation of My Name is Earl style tv...and kinda an actual sequel too), and of course who could ignore good ole' Arrested Development (if I have to say anything about this, you live a sad life)

Commercials does not make TV, watching episodic programs of any kind is tv! I really get sick of people who claims "I'm special, I don't watch TV, I watch Netflix or some other steaming service". Netflix is as much NOT TV as Cable and Satellite are NOT TV. Technically, real TV is broadcast and free. Cable and Satellite were/are conceptual exactly the same as Netflix: Offer premium programming with no commercials via a different medium for a nominal fee. Eventually Cable/Satellite got commercials, so too will Netflix, and then what? Will it still not be TV?

Ya, thats my point. Netflix can be used to net the same activity as TV, as can TV net the same activity as Netflix. I can just decide to watch a specific show on TV, skip commercials (assuming I DVRed it), and bam, Netflix.

Yours and my points can be proven pretty clearly by a friend of mine's family, they only have Netflix, but watch it like Cable.

Totally random but yesterday I finally received my 1st foil card on my 120th card drop. Seriously, go figure. Took long enough. Thankfully it was a Haigen Hawkins foil card for Sanctum 2, only seven were listed. Sold it for $8.69 after fees by undercutting the lowest guy by 2 pennies.

Then today I got my first booster pack for Psychonauts.  :whistle2:| I think I'm just going to press my luck and unpack it. Why? Because a Psychonauts booster pack has yet to sell. Crazy yet perhaps logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back