The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect Dark on the N64 is the only game in history to be any good with bots.

But do you get to body Carlton's katana-wielding cousin with a tactical shotgun?

willsmith_zps1cedd1ef.jpg

Check. Mate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood:_The_Last_Vampire_(2009_film)Ahhhh I still need to play Arkham City. It's near the top of my list. Maybe after Halloween's over and I get my horror genre fix I'll finally get into it.

Non-video game question: Favorite horror movies? Any horror movie suggestions that might be a bit more obscure (I love horror movies, the scarier the better, but I've already seen a whole bunch, so any suggestions for ones I haven't seen would be sweeeeeeet)?
Let's see. . . everyone already mentioned Evil Dead 2, which was far and away the best of all of the Evil Dead movies, both for the humor and sheer bat-shit craziness. I found this to be quite good, but also somewhat underplotted. If you like horror-comedy-SF films, The Stuff is worth seeing. Also more SF than horror, but The Hidden is also good. If you've never seen The Skeleton Key, it's a decent movie. Possession/exorcism movies are a dime-a-dozen these days, but The Last Exorcism was pretty decent. At The Mountains of Madness and Nightbreed are classics.

Well, that's a few days' worth of viewing and you may not have seen some of them.

I'll be playing World of Zoo
Please don't do this to yourself. You're a good person--really.

Re: Favorite horror movies - Insidious, The Orphanage (Spanish w/subs), Audition (Japanese w/subs) and Warm Bodies are some of my favorites. I can recommend other movies (there are four Ju-ons, Grotesque, and anything else by Takashi Miike). Irreversible is great, too, but it's a real mind- fuck; shot in reverse like Memento, but it's one continuous scene.
Oh, The Orphanage is great!

Yeah Ginger Snaps isn't great by any means, but it is a decent werewolf flick, which are remarkably hard to come by.

Ooh, and hey, since people are buying Nation Red, we should play! It's a pretty entertaining game, even if it is a touch shallow.
Ginger Snaps was pretty good, but then they ruined it by making 700 pointless sequels.

I will have to watch it again!
Yes, you will. Go, do it now!

Anyone seen the new Evil Dead? I wanted to, never got around to it (yet).
It's not as terrible as the critics said, but it's not that great either. If you watch it back-to-back with Evil Dead 2, you'll be amazed at how much better the latter film is for something that was made 30 years ago.

To those who bought the big brother bundle... When you get the option to enter your mail? After the payment?
It emails the bundle link to your paypal address. After that, you can login or register an account with an email address to link your bundle to.

This was going to be my answer for favorite horror movie, but I love Army of Darkness just as much.

I loved the new one also.
AoD had some good set pieces but it had too much jokey-comedy that was mostly not very funny. The reasons it didn't work are probably the reasons Raimi and Campbell never made a fourth film.

Bad news:
Arkham Asylum code from G4WL still won't activate up on Steam.

Neutral News:
WB Games replied to my ticket about Batman AA + AC activation onto Steam finally from this past weekend. They said that they are still getting their game-keys added to the Steam database. They said to keep trying and if the keys don't work 5 days from the e-mail, contact them - and supply to them my game keycode & pic of proof of purchase. If I can't find that, tell them where I bought the game and provide e-mail w/ purchase info, if possible. At least they're trying to help.
Good to know. I've been checking my retail AA key periodically, although I'm honestly not sure why. I just can't see myself reinstalling Asylum just for the sake of cardz. It took damn near a day and a half for me to download the AC GOTY.

I want to buy the big brother bundle... but I can't find any way to input my mail before paying... or I have to pay first and then they'll ask my mail??? I feel dumb
Yes, the site asks you to register or login after you make your purchase. It's weird but that's how it's set up.

Yeah, I'm not much of a horror movie fan. I can do campy horror, and I can do survival horror, but basic monster or slasher flicks are just not for me. I had a post some time back here about the nightmares that The Neverending Story gave me.
Man, when I was ten or so, I loved that movie!

By the way the new Indie Royale Halloween 2 Bundle just went up at the start of the hour. Some decent stuff. Although some re-bundled stuff too.
Yeah, nothing to write home about here.

New Flying "Moonrise" Bundle is coming tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/FlyingBundle/status/395695817886945280

EDIT: Ninja'd.. btw tweets are auto-embedded, no need to turn them into links.

Good to know. I've been checking my retail AA key periodically, although I'm honestly not sure why. I just can't see myself reinstalling Asylum just for the sake of cardz. It took damn near a day and a half for me to download the AC GOTY.

Fill in the blank: ______ Raimi

Just got Maniac and Lords of Salem from the Redbox... and ummm... Steam games totally on topic post.
Erk...I've seen Maniac, that's pretty decent. First-person filming from the perspective of a psycho was cool. Lords of Salem, meh...there's only so much Rob Zombie one can handle. For me, that stopped with The Devil's Rejects.

Agreed with the other posts above. The Campbell films are campy and slightly horrifying, although more often than not feel B-rated (especially ED2). The new one is a dark, horror-themed nightmare. Great gore, very gruesome. The ending is by far the best part.

The Conjuring is also good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k10ETZ41q5o[/youtube]
I absolutely LOVED The Conjuring. I'll also second The Orphanage from earlier.

AoD had some good set pieces but it had too much jokey-comedy that was mostly not very funny. The reasons it didn't work are probably the reasons Raimi and Campbell never made a fourth film.
It did work, I love the humor of that movie. It's one of my all time favorites, so many great lines.

Great suggestions on all these horror & Halloween movies. The last couple of horror-ish movies I saw were Cabin in the Woods & Warm Bodies a couple months ago. I liked them both. I'm not a huge horror fan, but I do like that uncomfortable feeling one gets from watching a horror movie.
Cabin in the Woods has potential but the ending is just ridiculous. I watched the Possession the other day, based on a true story which you can read from here.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/drvyjGF6njk[/youtube]

They actually just announced they're working on Army of Darkness 2

I have one each of Rise of the Triad and Damned, both Steam gifts. Any takers?

Gone.
I'm beginning to get suspicious of all this generosity, since the freebies keep getting better ^_~

If it includes To the Moon, I'll probably get it.
Many feels resulted from me playing this, it's such a beautiful story :applause: Would buy the bundle for it even though I already own it just to support the developers more, which isn't something I say often ^_^

It'd be the "A Pile Of" bundle, with Aliens as the bta, and the dollar tier containing Duke Nukem Forever, Ride To Hell and Lost Planet 2 (for Spoder).
I'm guessing that the BTA would somehow be less than the minimum. This bundle laughs in the face of mathematics.

I'm excited. Drabelincoln told me he'd adopt me and buy me a PS4 for my birthday.
That's nothing. Mooby told me he'd adopt me and buy me every game he hates. I may never see the sun again.

You can now get Knytt Underground steam keys if you have it on Desura or bought it from indiegala.

Go to http://www.desura.com/collection and click on keys. Got mine from Sunasun for only 15 cents :p
I wonder if Indiegala will add a Steam key to their site, I might have an extra steam key if they do. ;)

http://vodo.net/bigbrother

PWYW (10 cents minimum) for I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream Steam key, along with some other stuff.

I was just going to post the same thing - I think they underestimated the number of cheapskates out these who won't even pay enough to cover their merchant transaction costs.
damn missed out on the 10 cent bundle too. anyone have an extra they wanna flip to me?

Erk...I've seen Maniac, that's pretty decent. First-person filming from the perspective of a psycho was cool. Lords of Salem, meh...there's only so much Rob Zombie one can handle. For me, that stopped with The Devil's Rejects.
I'll be watching the Devil's Rejects and Feast for Halloween tomorrow.

Hmm, seem to have missed out on all the free steam gifts.

I forgot how awesome Sleeping Dogs is, just fooled around in it for 5 minutes. I can max the settings with 40fps, I guess that's all right. Had to disable some shit like AA and AO before to get a playable fps. I just learned that the last Sleeping Dogs DLC takes place after the events of the main story, gives me a lot of motivation to get around to playing it soon. I 100%'d the game and played about half of the first DLC before getting sidetracked.

Why couldn't GTA 5 learn from this game how to do a combat system that isn't half assed shit?

Sorry I interrupted the Pac Man discussion. :(

The game actually looks pretty good, and the few reviews I've seen say that it's remarkably well done for a supposed cash-in. Even a few users on steam that actually own it say that it's reminiscent of the World games back on ps2. I may have to bite, given that I still have plenty of credit and this game won't be the same price for at least a while, I'd imagine.

The game actually looks pretty good, and the few reviews I've seen say that it's remarkably well done for a supposed cash-in. Even a few users on steam that actually own it say that it's reminiscent of the World games back on ps2. I may have to bite, given that I still have plenty of credit and this game won't be the same price for at least a while, I'd imagine.
Yeah, I'm really tempted.. someone should tell me if I should buy it. I can't decide for myself!

Guys.

Guys. T_T

Ride to Hell Retribution really is the worst game I've ever played. I've only played it for 1.6 hours according to Steam and I'm already fairly close to throwing in the towel. It's horrible. It's making me hurt. No game has ever made me feel so defeated in all my 27 years of video game life.

I must press on... but it's so difficult...

Jesus Christ, why is Steam still selling this? WHY?

Guys.

Guys. T_T

Ride to Hell Retribution really is the worst game I've ever played. I've only played it for 1.6 hours according to Steam and I'm already fairly close to throwing in the towel. It's horrible. It's making me hurt. No game has ever made me feel so defeated in all my 27 years of video game life.

To make money - why else?

Guys.

Guys. T_T

You're making me really want to buy it.

You're making me really want to buy it.
LISTEN. TO ME.

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

I am not saying ohoho it's so bad it's good NO, THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED, AND THAT'S WITHOUT GOING INTO THE STUPID STORY.

ANGRY JOE WAS RIGHT, I HATE MYSELF FOR SAYING THIS BUT GODDAMNIT HE WAS RIGHT

BIG RIGS IS MORE PLAYABLE THAN THIS CRAP

I forgot how awesome Sleeping Dogs is, just fooled around in it for 5 minutes. I can max the settings with 40fps, I guess that's all right. Had to disable some shit like AA and AO before to get a playable fps. I just learned that the last Sleeping Dogs DLC takes place after the events of the main story, gives me a lot of motivation to get around to playing it soon. I 100%'d the game and played about half of the first DLC before getting sidetracked.

Why couldn't GTA 5 learn from this game how to do a combat system that isn't half assed shit?

Sorry I interrupted the Pac Man discussion. :(

Ummm... if that's all you're getting with that card than something is very wrong.

You playing in 4K?

LISTEN. TO ME.

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

I am not saying ohoho it's so bad it's good NO, THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED, AND THAT'S WITHOUT GOING INTO THE STUPID STORY.

Thanks for the recommendation. I bought it.

LISTEN. TO ME.

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

So what I'm getting out of this is that it's awesome and you think I should buy it. I interpreted your post correctly, right?

LISTEN. TO ME.

DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

Wow...Worse than Aliens: CM?

I just bought a gift copy of Ride to Hell: Retribution. Super excited to retribute while riding to hell, literally and figuratively for that matter. Thanks for the suggestion guys! Because CAGs don't let CAGs buy awful shitty games, right?

Wait... that Metascore of 16 is on a scale of 20, right? Did I just make a horrible mistake?

Mistake.jpg

Have you actually played Aliens: CM?

It really isn't that bad. Not particularly good, either. It's just a middle of the road shooter with some technical issues that was hyped as something better.
Nope. Not yet.

It was slammed to Holy Hell, though - by many gamers and critics alike.

I don't think it's fair to just say Aliens CM was over-hyped. They pretty much showed off a fake demo that looked and played better than the real game! Not to mention all the shady behind-the-scenes shit; I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Gearbox really did blow the Aliens budget on Borderlands 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back