CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking at CoH2 since it's the free weekend and wow...

coh2.jpg

Are there any new race-types w/ ALL the DLC's for NFS: MW 2012?

B/c I got really bored w/ the same typical race types, over-and-over. It needs MORE variety.

I'd really kill for a NFS to have an open-world NFS w/ the cops & racers stuff...and also just implement EVERY race-type they've done before:

NFS: MW 2005 -> Knockout races; Speedtrap races;

NFS: UG -> Highway battles.

NFS: Carbon -> Canyon races; Drift races; Team-racing battles.

About Team-Racing battles - since we got Autolog now w/ the newer NFS's, those could have choices with AI as partners and/or other players.
DLC adds drift events to MW (2012)... likely some other stuff... but drift I know for sure.

In a game like this I want as many friends as I can find cause they fill the game in with all these times for you to compete against, it adds something to the game even if you don't know who those people are. I would beat some guy's time and feel some satisfaction, I just copied his name from some list on Gamefaqs.

I think I only have 2 or 3 friends times showing up in Most Wanted, I friend requested like 60 people but I guess nobody logs into Origin cause they've been pending for days.

Whoever declined to pick up Most Wanted DLC from Amazon, the joke's on you. It was well worth it to have a complete game. And those drift tires are sweeeet.
I'm MysterD on Origin.

Feel free to add me - I need more reasons to eventually do some more NFS: MW racing.

Likely, it'll probably be here and there, on and off - since NFS: MW 2012 just didn't seem to have the staying power that I was hoping it actually would.

EDIT:

DLC adds drift events to MW (2012)... likely some other stuff... but drift I know for sure.
Ooooh @ adding Drift Events.

The game certainly does need more cool racing events, IMHO.

That could really help the game out.

Dammit - I want that ALL DLC to hit $5 or less like...NOW!

{pouts}

Most Wanted just forgot my DLC for the second time in about 6-7 launches... I fixed it easily both times by going to Easydrive and going to store, when it shows the green A button to proceed to store (at least when using a controller) then I hit Esc and my DLC is back. I fear this fix will stop working when they inevitably take the store offline.

Only one DLC, airport one, adds new race types, it adds smash n grab and drift attack. As far as I've experienced, Drift Attack is just one race. I've experienced 3 different Smash n Grabs. I've only tried with 3-4 cars though, hopefully there's a different drift race in there.

I don't know if I've seen a Ford GT in real life. I see some crazy cars like Lamborghinis or a lotus from time to time. I saw some stuff at different auto shows but I'm not much of a car person, but I am a Lamborghini person if you haven't noticed. The only things I really know about cars are from video games.

{pouts}
Turn that frown into some balls and cough up the $7 if they bring the deal back on Amazon.

Added you.

I'm good at math and I don't think any of this adds up.
I'm bad at math and this looks great to me.

last-action-hero.gif

Just to clarify, no game is actually worse than Ride to Hell Retribution. That game is awful and broken in every single way. Absolutely none of it makes sense. It could be used as a form of population control.
51cxk3oEdiL.jpg

To clarify: Not the PC version. Not the 360 version. The PS2 version.

And thanks for reminding me, I need to go back and finish Ride to Hell.

I'm bad at math and this looks great to me.

51cxk3oEdiL.jpg

To clarify: Not the PC version. Not the 360 version. The PS2 version.

And thanks for reminding me, I need to go back and finish Ride to Hell.
Man, I still wish AITD Reboot got the Inferno Edition (that the PS3 got w/ fixes, improvements, etc) released on the PC.

I'm MysterD on Origin.

Feel free to add me - I need more reasons to eventually do some more NFS: MW racing.

Likely, it'll probably be here and there, on and off - since NFS: MW 2012 just didn't seem to have the staying power that I was hoping it actually would.

EDIT:

Ooooh @ adding Drift Events.

The game certainly does need more cool racing events, IMHO.

That could really help the game out.

{pouts}
i would add u but i alreeady have u mysterd how do i add u ehh also anyonee know how to get darkness to fucking use new remap 1 key cause no matter what i remappped it still wont let mee talk

Origin is stupid. I installed the Most Wanted "Complete DLC bundle" and yet when I go to the "more info" screen for the game, it lists all the individual DLCs for me to buy with a big BUY button next to each one, even while in the same list it shows my complete DLC bundle as being owned.

Origin is stupid. I installed the Most Wanted "Complete DLC bundle" and yet when I go to the "more info" screen for the game, it lists all the individual DLCs for me to buy with a big BUY button next to each one, even while in the same list it shows my complete DLC bundle as being owned.
oh sucsk well there a place ea shoudl improve if they want get better

With all of this Origin talk and the Sims games on the Amazon EC list I remembered that I never activated my Sims 3 starter pack from the Origins bundle.  What I didn't remember is that I didn't beat the average for that bundle so I never got the Sims 3 starter pack.  That would explain why I never activated it!

Does anyone have a spare pack?  I tried the trade thread but didn't have any luck. 

Don't worry.  I'll come over to your place.  We'll clean the bathroom, do some shopping, and rearrange the furniture -- will give you the full Sims experience.

I think I gave wrong info earlier, the Heroes pack adds races in NFS Most Wanted. I don't think they're new race types but there are races in my game with the Heroes pack logo next to em.

And I just found that there's at least two drift attack races.

Been playing SR4 (free weekend). I can say I will miss that game when the free weekend ends. Its truly amazing, one of the funniest games I've ever played, not only the gameplay, but the dialogs and background.

Been playing SR4 (free weekend). I can say I will miss that game when the free weekend ends. Its truly amazing, one of the funniest games I've ever played, not only the gameplay, but the dialogs and background.
The Mass Effect, Matrix, and Double Dragon parodies were hilarious, as well as the Dubstep gun. Fun game.

A huge thanks to indef for passing on keys for Sims 3 and the High-End Loft stuff pack.

Mooby and I will now be cleaning the bathroom and rearranging the furniture in a stylish and sophisticated environment.  No faux-leather, pressboard or linoleum for us!  Come on over Moobs and I will serve you caviar and champagne before we begin.

did we play da same game? hahahaha

So I finally beat The Novelist today.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while, as any game that forces the player to make difficult choices with some grounding in reality immediately piques my interest.  Ever since getting married about a year ago, I've had to "grow up" and realize that my choices are no longer my own, and that I must think of the greater interest of my wife and family in general as we both make decisions together.  Now as we get ready to give up our established jobs and prepare to move overseas for several years, where we hope to make new friends, raise any future children, and find new jobs, our choices become more and more crucial (and intimidating) than ever before.  These feelings had me anticipating The Novelist even before I played a single minute.

Some have accused me of enjoying 2Deep4U games a bit too much; while it's true that mostly indie games topped my list of games I most enjoyed last year (Swapper, Gunpoint, Brothers, Guacamelee, Rogue Legacy, Stanley Parable), I've managed to maintain a cynical stubbornness against games that I can appreciate but otherwise just do not enjoy (Proteus, Papo & Yo, Dust).  After completing The Novelist, I can unfortunately say that my verdict of the game lies squarely in the latter category.

The Novelist appoints you as a ghost in a house where you voyeuristically observe the life of the Kaplan family: Dan, Linda and their son Tommy.  The house is littered with notes, letters and drawings (Gone Home-style) which you can read to discover the daily problem du jour.  Thankfully, there is more human interaction than Gone Home, since you can also watch the family members live their lives and enter their memories to hear their thoughts.  After finding enough clues and thoughts, each member has an "item" that you can possess to convey how they would want to end their day.  If you find enough clues, you can also make a compromise possession with someone else, but at least one person will always have their daily wish unfulfilled.

From what I can tell after two playthroughs, the first choice will always carry the most weight.  The compromise choice, if selected, seems to either mildly satisfy the family member or merely hold status quo.  The member whose choice you ignore will fall into worse and worse shape.  Each playthrough can offer days in random order, but the days themselves are the same and have no variety.  I didn't like this as you never see any ramification of previous choices in future days, besides some thoughts here and there.  Everything is eerily distilled into simple black and white scenarios and outcomes.  I'll avoid any spoilers, but the daily, monthly, and eventual final decision results left a lot to be desired.  Also, the final outcomes are incredibly disjointed, with certain distinct epilogues given for each character that hold absolutely no relationship to other members' decisions and epilogues.

Actually, I think that's what annoys me the most.  For a game whose prime selling point is the idea of making hard choices and compromises for the greater good, the fact that your choices have no interrelation between members seems completely unrealistic and disappointing.  If I, as a father, take time out of my day to affirm my wife's hobbies and spend more time with my son, how does it make sense that I treat them the same horrible way depending on one of my one (father) choices, versus when I completely ignore them and put my priorities above all else?  

In a game that prides itself on difficult decisions, I can give one clear recommendation on choice:

Don't get this game.

So I finally beat The Novelist today.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while, as any game that forces the player to make difficult choices with some grounding in reality immediately piques my interest. Ever since getting married about a year ago, I've had to "grow up" and realize that my choices are no longer my own, and that I must think of the greater interest of my wife and family in general as we both make decisions together. Now as we get ready to give up our established jobs and prepare to move overseas for several years, where we hope to make new friends, raise any future children, and find new jobs, our choices become more and more crucial (and intimidating) than ever before. These feelings had me anticipating The Novelist even before I played a single minute.

Some have accused me of enjoying 2Deep4U games a bit too much; while it's true that mostly indie games topped my list of games I most enjoyed last year (Swapper, Gunpoint, Brothers, Guacamelee, Rogue Legacy, Stanley Parable), I've managed to maintain a cynical stubbornness against games that I can appreciate but otherwise just do not enjoy (Proteus, Papo & Yo, Dust). After completing The Novelist, I can unfortunately say that my verdict of the game lies squarely in the latter category.

The Novelist appoints you as a ghost in a house where you voyeuristically observe the life of the Kaplan family: Dan, Linda and their son Tommy. The house is littered with notes, letters and drawings (Gone Home-style) which you can read to discover the daily problem du jour. Thankfully, there is more human interaction than Gone Home, since you can also watch the family members live their lives and enter their memories to hear their thoughts. After finding enough clues and thoughts, each member has an "item" that you can possess to convey how they would want to end their day. If you find enough clues, you can also make a compromise possession with someone else, but at least one person will always have their daily wish unfulfilled.

From what I can tell after two playthroughs, the first choice will always carry the most weight. The compromise choice, if selected, seems to either mildly satisfy the family member or merely hold status quo. The member whose choice you ignore will fall into worse and worse shape. Each playthrough can offer days in random order, but the days themselves are the same and have no variety. I didn't like this as you never see any ramification of previous choices in future days, besides some thoughts here and there. Everything is eerily distilled into simple black and white scenarios and outcomes. I'll avoid any spoilers, but the daily, monthly, and eventual final decision results left a lot to be desired. Also, the final outcomes are incredibly disjointed, with certain distinct epilogues given for each character that hold absolutely no relationship to other members' decisions and epilogues.

Actually, I think that's what annoys me the most. For a game whose prime selling point is the idea of making hard choices and compromises for the greater good, the fact that your choices have no interrelation between members seems completely unrealistic and disappointing. If I, as a father, take time out of my day to affirm my wife's hobbies and spend more time with my son, how does it make sense that I treat them the same horrible way depending on one of my one (father) choices, versus when I completely ignore them and put my priorities above all else?

In a game that prides itself on difficult decisions, I can give one clear recommendation on choice:

Don't get this game.
Wow. nice wall of text.

I have the opposite impression. But it's because this type of games is not for me. I never cared much for GTA series (except the old ones: 1, 2 and the psp one) and Elder Scrolls series.

But I like the SR better than GTA as it didn't take itself seriously. And SR4 got rid of those tedious travel by having super powers.

Anyway, at least now I know that I don't need to buy SR4 unless its in Humble Bundle.

Just tried Better DS3 for the first time, much nicer than DS3tool. :applause:

Been using a 360 pad for 2 years just cause I like the idea of the icons on screen matching the buttons, but I'm going back to dualshock for a bit.

So I finally beat The Novelist today. Don't get this game.
Always love reading your reviews/impressions, especially for games I'm interested in playing. A shame this one didn't turn out the way you'd hope, I guess it will be relegated to "wait for a bundle" status for the time being.

You really ought to put this up as a review on Steam, same with the other reviews you've been posting.

You can't trust user reviews. If those idiots actually knew anything, they'd have jobs as professional reviewers.
it prolly most bc of many dlc skins prolly people saying it pay to be better which is false it just imbalance until the next patch just saying people dont play or just hater of it

Okay, it's Fridayish. . . I have codes for

Men of War: Red Tide,

BEEP,

and

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

up for grabs. PM if you want one.

I've been playing the hell out of SR4 this Free Weekend, as well.

I'm certainly having a blast with it. It's a lot of fun. Reminds me of a cross b/t SR games + Prototype, more or less.

And like previous SR games - SR4 is absolutely funny as hell. The series always has been crazy - but it seems to be getting crazier and more insane w/ each entry.

Not sure if I like it as much as SR3, though. Need to give it more time. But, it's certainly awesome, so far.

I've been playing the hell out of SR4 this Free Weekend, as well.

I'm certainly having a blast with it. It's a lot of fun. Reminds me of a cross b/t SR games + Prototype, more or less.

And like previous SR games - SR4 is absolutely funny as hell. The series always has been crazy - but it seems to be getting crazier and more insane w/ each entry.

Not sure if I like it as much as SR3, though. Need to give it more time. But, it's certainly awesome, so far.
Did you get a chance/bother with SR2? I just started some SR3 with the wife and wondering if I should have done SR2 first. I heard the PC port was so poorly done it might not be worth trying (even with mods).

[quote name="Needles-Kane" post="11455664" timestamp="1390099650"]Did you get a chance/bother with SR2? I just started some SR3 with the wife and wondering if I should have done SR2 first. I heard the PC port was so poorly done it might not be worth trying (even with mods).[/quote]
I took a chance and bought it for $1, couldn't get it to run properly. Don't waste your money.

Did you get a chance/bother with SR2? I just started some SR3 with the wife and wondering if I should have done SR2 first. I heard the PC port was so poorly done it might not be worth trying (even with mods).
To get the best experience with SR2 on pc, you have to install the comprehensive mod Gentlemen of the Row, which can be found at
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/

It really fixes up a lot of the limitations and bugs of the poor port, as well as adds a lot of new features and weapons. I played SR3 first, and going back to SR2 felt a little dated, but story-wise it is well worth the experience. Basically you see how the Boss becomes the Boss in the first place, and it is a lot more grounded.

Plus, one of the reasons to play SR2 is the Septic Truck side missions; basically you are driving a septic truck around town and spraying shit all over properties to devalue it for some sleazy real estate guy. Its so hilarious.

I tried SR2 + the GotR mod a while back. Game kept randomly crashing in online co-op (mostly when I was about to enter a vehicle). Didn't play enough singleplayer to test if it crashed in it too. Got pretty frustrating because I kept losing save progress. I suggest manually saving frequently. You're better off playing it on a console if you have the same issue as me.

I think one of the modded weapons in GotR was a rocket launcher that shot exploding chainsaws that stuck onto the target for a few seconds, making them run around screaming and flailing wildly before they blew up.  First time I used it was really a wtf moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back