CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have way too many games in the backlog from BF sales already, think I'll wait these two out. Thanks guys!

(Unless someone wants to trade a Batman Arkham Asylum key for a Don't Starve key ... received an extra one from WB after already picking up the bundle ;) )
I'll trade you a Don't Starve Steam Gift for six bucks :rofl:

For those still waffling over graphics cards like me (if you think I agonize over $5 games think how much I do over $300 video cards!) Newegg has a deal on the MSI 770 2GB for $300 and an additional $15 MIR (effectively making it $285) with free shipping.  The deal ends tonight (I'm guessing at midnight pacific): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127741

Apparently they're still giving out the free games despite the fact the promotion technically expired a few days ago.

I'm soooooo close to pulling the trigger as it brings the price of the Nvidia 770's down to the AMD levels (without suffering through the horrible AMD drivers) but I haven't read good things about MSI customer service and RMAs so I'd probably prefer an EVGA or Asus or Gigabyte... or at least order through Amazon since their returns seem to be better than Neweggs -- they pretty much take things back no questions asked and replace it within a week.

I guess the good thing about having a big backlog is that every time I see hardware deals I calm down and realize that I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy that will do fine on my current system. Definitely a few games I'm putting off until I can run them in very shiny fashion but there just aren't that many to justify the purchase (yet).

Anyone know if it's likely to get van helsing much cheaper via regional pricing?
The glorious Russian price is $3.05 so on top of some fees you'd probably save about $1.50 -- that's just for the base game. Personally I'm waiting for Bundle status. Neocore, the developer, also did the King Arthur games which routinely hit rock bottom (90% I think) on Steam.

The glorious Russian price is $3.05 so on top of some fees you'd probably save about $1.50 -- that's just for the base game. Personally I'm waiting for Bundle status. Neocore, the developer, also did the King Arthur games which routinely hit rock bottom (90% I think) on Steam.
It's true that some of their games were bundled.. but those were published by Paradox. Van Helsing is self-published by the dev so it might not get bundled as quickly. All Paradox crap gets bundled.

I have every one of those, but looking at it objectively, that's a good assortment of games for someone new to the scene.
Agreed. Shatter is an outstanding game and worth the $1 on its own. It also has been in only one bundle prior to this, and that was a good 14 months ago.

How's the DLC for Sleeping Dogs? I'm installing the game now, I've never played it (had it on my PS3 for awhile from Plus, got put way on my back catalog, but somehow playing it on Steam sounds more appealing and would probably bring it up in my backlog queue a bit). I have a feeling this game is gonna be awesome, I'm gonna want the DLC, and it's gonna be $50. Is there anything worthwhile out of the pack?

New Flash Deals

Tropico 4 80% off

Binding of Issac 75% off

Cities XL Platinum 80% off

StarForge Alpha 40% off

Time to grab some Tropico 4 dlcs at 80% off.

How's the DLC for Sleeping Dogs? I'm installing the game now, I've never played it (had it on my PS3 for awhile from Plus, got put way on my back catalog, but somehow playing it on Steam sounds more appealing and would probably bring it up in my backlog queue a bit). I have a feeling this game is gonna be awesome, I'm gonna want the DLC, and it's gonna be $50. Is there anything worthwhile out of the pack?
As has been noted many times, the three story DLCs are Nightmare in Northpoint, Year of the Snake, and Zodiac Tournament. Also, sort of Wheels of Fury, but it's a little thinner on content than the other 3. The rest are mostly outfits. People aren't in full agreement about which is the best. At $0.79 - $1.39 a piece for the story/mission DLC, it's probably worth just getting all 4.

New Flash Deals

Tropico 4 80% off

Binding of Issac 75% off

Cities XL Platinum 80% off

StarForge Alpha 40% off

Time to grab some Tropico 4 dlcs at 80% off.
Don't buy StarForge. It's got a looooooooooong way to go yet before it approaches something worth spending money on.

I'm running one of those as my documents + games drive. Aside from it not being big enough and the minor chirping issue - they're head-park happy and make a funny sound when they do it - I'm happy with it.

FWIW: The 4TB Seagate drive is 5900rpm.
Ick @ 5900rpm.

No deal on that one.

BTW - what's this about the minor chirping issue?

EDIT:

Ahhh, looks like this is the chirping issue:

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?8923-Seagate-issues-firmware-to-fix-chirping-issues-with-some-hard-drives

And that this firmware supposed to fix it on certain Seagate 7200rpm 1TB+ drives:

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/223651en

I played Sleeping Dogs, thought it was awesome, but had no urge whatsoever to buy additional DLC. Most of it is cosmetic, and it does go on sale extremely often...you'll have to try very hard and be somewhat unlucky to end up spending $50 on DLC.

Play it first, then decide if you desperately need those extra cheater pants and sunglasses or want to beat up zombies. DLC will be on sale again in a month.

As has been noted many times, the three story DLCs are Nightmare in Northpoint, Year of the Snake, and Zodiac Tournament. Also, sort of Wheels of Fury, but it's a little thinner on content than the other 3. The rest are mostly outfits. People aren't in full agreement about which is the best. At $0.79 - $1.39 a piece for the story/mission DLC, it's probably worth just getting all 4.

there's also a 3 race dlc, and a swat dlc that has a bunch of cop missions. I think they're simple missions, I haven't played it. At these cheap ass prices I would and did buy anything that comes with playable content, cause I loved the game.

You could get em at Amazon n get dat 5 dolla credit doe
Unfortunately the steam store seems to offer a better deal for the ones I need. :whistle2:(

I can't find Tropico 4: The Academy at Amazon, Tropico 4: Apocalypse is not on sale and Tropico 4: Propaganda is only 66% off.

Unfortunately the steam store seems to offer a better deal for the ones I need. :whistle2:(

I can't find Tropico 4: The Academy at Amazon, Tropico 4: Apocalypse is not on sale and Tropico 4: Propaganda is only 66% off.
I'm also looking for those, but I'll wait until the winter sale daily deal on Tropico 4. I won't be playing it in that time for sure, so I can wait to see if it's pricematched correctly or not and this should be the last opportunity to do so. Similarly with minor dlc like Teleporter Chambers to Stealth Bastard Deluxe, I'll pick them up on the last day of steam winter sale or earlier, if amazon pricematch them. CAG all the way.

If by some bizarre chance you don't already have the $1 tier games, then that's a pretty good tier. The $6 tier, though, is poor in comparison (I'd even go so far as to say that it's terrible if Dungeon Defenders is sans-DLC.)
Defense Grid Gold is worth $6 all by itself!

All in all though, this appears to be the bundle they're using to fill in while Steam is doing its thing. The games themselves in the bundles are good though, if only they hadn't been bundled before.

Defense Grid Gold is worth $6 all by itself!

All in all though, this appears to be the bundle they're using to fill in while Steam is doing its thing. The games themselves in the bundles are good though, if only they hadn't been bundled before.
If I didn't have defense grid, i'd be in for six dollar tier. This is actually realllly good, game quality wise. Especially for a weekly sale, which tend to be hit or miss.

BTW - what's this about the minor chirping issue?

EDIT:
Ahhh, looks like this is the chirping issue:
http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?8923-Seagate-issues-firmware-to-fix-chirping-issues-with-some-hard-drives

And that this firmware supposed to fix it on certain Seagate 7200rpm 1TB+ drives:
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/223651en
Last time I checked (early this year) there was at least one update released that was supposed to fix the issue. The newest fix I could find at the time was the firmware version that my drive shipped with.

Breaking news: I waffled on another card and that MSI 770 is OOS at Newegg.  One day, my friends, I will have the conviction to act on a deal.

Breaking news: I waffled on another card and that MSI 770 is OOS at Newegg. One day, my friends, I will have the conviction to act on a deal.
I have a Radeon All-In-Wonder 9700 in a box somewhere if you want it. I don't remember much about it, but I think there was a way to flash it to be like a higher tier card, maybe a 9800, but I never did it. That ought to get you a few more FPS in KOTOR. Unfortunately you'll probably need a digital converter box for the TV-in features and the remote needs batteries. Is your AGP slot 8x?

hahahaHa Valve X GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/valve-games/

50-off_new_____.jpg

I've been wanting to get Tropico, regret missing that humble sale. Should I get 3 or 4? Would either run on an intel hd integrated in i5 better than the other? Is the dlc worth it?

I'm tempted to buy Ms. Splosion Man for $2.49 but I'm really hesitant for anything with GFWL now. It's not a major game or anything so I'm worried it will fall by the wayside when it shuts down.

Well, after two or three more hours of agonizing over whether to buy dark souls, I decided not to. Then I changed my mind and bought it!

I am excited and afraid.
I haven't bought it on Steam solely because I own 2 copies on PS3(the original US version that came out and a PTD Steelbook UK version). I really love that game. Prepare To Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back