Trade 4, get 1 (PS2/GC/PSP/DS). Trade 2, get 1 (360). Sam Goody/FYE/etc. Dead?- YMMV

W.arner1281

CAGiversary!
Feedback
179 (100%)
Stopped in my local Sam Goody today and saw this deal there.

Xbox360- Trade in any 2 360 games and get a new 360 game for free.
PS2/Xbox/GC/PSP/DS- Trade in any 4 games and get a new game for free.

Restrictions: Can't mix and match (ie- trade 2 PS2 games and 2 Xbox games and you can't trade 4 Xbox games and get a PS2 game). New game must be 39.99 or less (44.99 or less for 360). Anything that trades in for a penny in their system is ineligible (any sports 2003 or before + a few other titles).

End date: Sept 10th (but some places are honoring it til the end of September)

Notes: The lady mentioned that this was good at all sister stores (Wherehouse, Strawberries, FYE, Coconuts, etc.). Even if your particular store doesn't carry used games, they will still accept them and then transfer them to other stores.

Since there are basically no restrictions, you should be able to bring in any 4 crap games and get a brand new game for them. I will try and answer any questions as best I can. Have at it and enjoy it while it lasts.

PS- I found (and tested) this at the Sam Goody at the Parkway Plaza mall in El Cajon.

Grabbed Rogue Ops, Max Payne 2 (x2), Wreckless, Amped, Run Like Hell, and two other complete shit games for XBox, ended up getting Madden 2007 and Tiger Wood's 06.

Going back tomorrow.

I traded in 4 crappy games today 2 ps2 and 2 xbox's I asked the guy how it worked and he said I had to use the credit instantly and that he wouldn't be able to put the credit on a gift card. After trading in the 4 games he put the 40 on credit on a gift card and I paid the difference for Dirge of Cerebus. They were very limited in choice of avaiablity so I didn't have any other choices for new games. Maybe I should just keep Dirge of Cerebus sealed and try to get my store credit back for something in the future? This was at FYE btw.

Someone said FYE doesn't do trade-ins on the weekend, why is that? And if the deal ends the 10th, but you can't trade-in on weekends, doesn't it mean the deal is already over?

[quote name='espy605']Someone said FYE doesn't do trade-ins on the weekend, why is that? And if the deal ends the 10th, but you can't trade-in on weekends, doesn't it mean the deal is already over?[/quote]

I went to the FYE in the Moorestown Mall and met Laurel and Hardy.

First guy was going to give me just store credit, I mentione the deal and he has no idea. I have to dig out a flyer and show him the sign in his own store.
He checks the games (Kameo and NHL 2K6, new sealed) ans says the trade in games have to be worth $44.95 or more each!

He checks with his manager, and apparently neither of them had done this before. They get teh deal straight, but they stick to the $44.95 max. However, they have only 1 copy of Xbox arcade live under $44.95. No good.

So I go to the GS nearby and figure I;ll at least see what the trade in value is. The girl at the counter recommendes the trade 2 get 1 for $10 deal I forgot about. Lo and behold, they have Saint's row - she scans my More card, and I get Saints Row for $14+11+5=$30+tax! Apparently the more card takes 10% off, then deducts the standard for the deal making it just $5 to upgrade. YMMV.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Nice. Know what's sad? I traded in 2 power-dromes ($2 each) a couple days ago, and the next day, I saw them on sale at Sam Goody for $20 each.

Say, does anyone have a link to Sam Goody's return policy? I want to see if I can trade in Bloodmoney for something I actually want.[/quote]

Power Drome: used to get $9 trade-in credit, now it gets $5 at the most (maybe $2 now?) but they sell it used for $19.99 and new for $29.99.

INTERESTING RETURN POLICY FACTOID:

You should be able to return with a receipt if still-sealed, even if it shows your traded games on it (YMMV of course). I returned Onimusha DoD, got my $42.xx on a gift card, and ordered Star Wars DVDs at FYE.com with it. The receipt showed the trade-in detaiils and Onimusha under them.

BUT...if for some reason they won't take it back because of the deal showing on the receipt, the return policy clearly states that you can return an item without a receipt for store credit at the lowest recent sale price of the item. I've never seen new release games on sale there, so I'm sure something like Hitman B:M would get the full $39.99 back even without a receipt, and they can't deny it due to the trade if you don't use a receipt.

[quote name='espy605']Someone said FYE doesn't do trade-ins on the weekend, why is that? And if the deal ends the 10th, but you can't trade-in on weekends, doesn't it mean the deal is already over?[/quote]

I heard the same thing from an employee at the FYE I went to in NJ today, but they took the trade-in anyway...I think this policy is YMMV though, because I went to an FYE in NY and they were accepting trade-ins.

Anyways....
Traded in Eve of Extinction, Gran Turismo 3, Future Tactics, and Mad Maestro (all $4 at EB/GS) for Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

I went to the Brooklyn one in NYC. I called them up if they are doing the deal and they said yes. I went in with:

LotR: TTT - GC
Red Faction 2 - PS2
Pikmin 2 - GC
THUG2 - PS2

and i traded them in to get Loco Roco and i have to pay tax which is $3.59. anyone had to pay tax?

[quote name='phear3d']just came back from a coconuts empty handed. brought them 16 games and only wanted to take 4. i bought 13 cheap games at gamestop, took all the stickers out but forgot to take the ones that are on the back on some of them. so this lady gave them back to me. no offence but it seems like if its a lesbian-like woman behind the counter ringing them up it seems like they are the most strict. same damn thing happen at the FYE i posted earlier on this thread, also a lesbian. very weird.

anyways this deal is ending on monday, so anyone whos planning on doing this better do it soon. this corporation seems to have a quick-change of policy every time you visit a different store. this deal is really YMMV, BIG TIME! but if you are able to pull it off, its a sweet thing! i got Street Fighter Alpha Collection for games i bought at EB for $8.

just to help anyone who plans to do this, here are the games i found they are willing to take:

Max Payne 2 ($1.49 !!!!)
Max Payne 1 ($1.99)
Madden 2003 ($1.99)
Madden 2004 ($2.99)
Madden 2005 (i think its $2.99 also)
Mad Maestro ($3.99)
Gran Turismo 3 ($4.99)
NFL2k5 ($4.99)
MLB 2005 (cant remember which one atm, $4.99)
LOTR: FOTR ($4.99)
LOTR: TT ($4.99)
Onimusha ($2.99)

good luck, and remember to take the stickers from the back, the lady's reason for not taking them is because "they're already used".[/quote]

nice list of cheap ass games!:lol:

Just got back from Tysons Corner Mall (VA) and was able to get Saint's Row for Madden 06 & College Hoops 2K6 at the FYE. Person was very cool about it, told me the trade in was for any game under $59.99. She did check the condition of the discs before she made the trade.

The EB across the way had RE 4 Premium minus Ada Wong cell ($34.50) so I snagged that as well.

is it one per customer or can i do more trades? they got my info in their computer. they used my drivers license. and one more thing.. do u guys have to pay tax after the trade in?

[quote name='Kerig']Power Drome: used to get $9 trade-in credit, now it gets $5 at the most (maybe $2 now?) but they sell it used for $19.99 and new for $29.99.

INTERESTING RETURN POLICY FACTOID:

You should be able to return with a receipt if still-sealed, even if it shows your traded games on it (YMMV of course). I returned Onimusha DoD, got my $42.xx on a gift card, and ordered Star Wars DVDs at FYE.com with it. The receipt showed the trade-in detaiils and Onimusha under them.

BUT...if for some reason they won't take it back because of the deal showing on the receipt, the return policy clearly states that you can return an item without a receipt for store credit at the lowest recent sale price of the item. I've never seen new release games on sale there, so I'm sure something like Hitman B:M would get the full $39.99 back even without a receipt, and they can't deny it due to the trade if you don't use a receipt.[/quote]
Good to know. I have the receipt, but I could pretend that I don't, when returning HM:Bloodmoney.

Interesting idea. In theory, you could turn about $9 into anything you wanted. If you just go to EB, buy 4 copies of Max Payne 2 for $8, then trade them into Sam Goody for Hitman:Bloodmoney, then walk over to EB and trade that in for the $18 trade-in credit, and repeat these steps over and over. Everytime, you'll be doubling what you had last step (4 copies of MP2 yeilds 1 cops of HM, which yeilds 8 copies of MP2, which yeild 2 copies of HM, which yeilds 16 copies of MP2, which yeilds 3 copies of HM, etc., etc.), but of course, this is only a theory. It would require a nearly inexhaustable supply of MP2s at EB, and a nearly inexhaustable supple of HMs at Sam Goody, as well as inifinite patience from the casheirs at both.
If you could get it to work, though, you could spend less than $20 (more money goes to pay for the tax of the Hitmans), and make enough money to get a system; a DS, or even a 360.

[quote name='trunks982']is it one per customer or can i do more trades? they got my info in their computer. they used my drivers license. and one more thing.. do u guys have to pay tax after the trade in?[/quote]
You can trade as many times as you want, as long as they're willing to take the games you're trading in, and, whenever they do a trade-in, they need your name, address, etc., and it's easier for them to just copy it off of your driver's license, than ask you to say it for them.
And yes, you have to pay the full tax for the item you're getting, after the trade, if they do it right.

my max item was 39.99 but my FYE sucks and the only good games were like 42.99 and THEY WOULDNT LET ME PAY THE DIFFERENCE =/. Ended up taking time crisis 3 w/ gun and will exchange it somewhere later.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']You can trade as many times as you want, as long as they're willing to take the games you're trading in, and, whenever they do a trade-in, they need your name, address, etc., and it's easier for them to just copy it off of your driver's license, than ask you to say it for them.
And yes, you have to pay the full tax for the item you're getting, after the trade, if they do it right.[/QUOTE]

but the lady said 1 trade per customer. i guess its YMMV

[quote name='trunks982']I went to the Brooklyn one in NYC. I called them up if they are doing the deal and they said yes. I went in with:

LotR: TTT - GC
Red Faction 2 - PS2
Pikmin 2 - GC
THUG2 - PS2

and i traded them in to get Loco Roco and i have to pay tax which is $3.59. anyone had to pay tax?[/quote]

Yeah, I picked a few weeds from my collection, and ended up with RE 4 for ps2. And yes, I had to pay 3.59 for tax. That's not so bad, though, as you're still getting a game you want for games that are either crappy or you no longer want. Also, she told me they would be doing the deal until tomorrow, in case I want to go back. So, the 'one trade per customer' was probably added at certain stores...

Oh, and thanks OP.

I managed to trade in a total of 12 games today for about $128 in store credit. My experiences at several FYEs during this past week have been so varied that I wasn't sure what to expect. I was really just hoping to be able to trade in 4 of the games I brought in, which included a jampack and some $0.01 sports games. The girl working didn't know anything about the sale, had to call another store to confirm, but ended up taking everything I had.

Did the trade at the Roseville Galleria in Roseville, CA this morning.

EB is 4 stores down from FYE. Picked up Madden 06 and Ridge Racer 6 for the 360 at EB for a total of 31.30 (after EDGE card discount) and traded it in for Saint's Row at FYE. Definitely a YMMV, as their flyer in store, which their employees didn't look at, specifically stated that the the game you get must retail for $44.99 and under ($39.99 and under for non next gen games). They also wouldn't allow mix and matching (4 xbox games nets you an xbox game, 4 psp games gets you a psp game, etc. and you couldn't do the trade in for 4 games for a 360 game). Didn't see any indication of when this promotion would end., but hoping it lasts through tuesday because it'd be nice to pick up star wars lego II from them after buying about 4 $2 xbox games from EB.

tax is YMMV because I was charge tax once out of 3 trade in at the same store.

Also keep in mind you can only trade in a game certain number of times before they got too many copies in stock. At the local FYE they rejected Max Payne 2 claming they got too many copies.

fuck me running this was an amazing deal! And here I was almost ready to trade in a couple games at GameStop/EB for thier extra 10 dollar deal.
Anyways, here's my story: I went down to my local Strawberries with 8 1 to 5 dollars clearance games like NanoBreaker, PS2 Viewtiful Joe, Rise of the Kasai, Total Overdose, ect ect. and asked if their 4 for 1 deal was still going on; They said yes so I asked the store manager if it'd be possible to use my games' credit towards the purchase of some pre-oreders I had in mind; He wasn't too sure that I'd be able to do that, HOWEVER, he gave me a gift card for 100 dollars instead and said I could pick up the games I wanted in the next couple of weeks when they're available (or just buy them online with the card). I plan to snag Okami and either Yakuza or Valkyrie profile: Silmeria in the next couple of weeks with maybe enough money for a used DVD or CD left over.

Is there a free shipping code for FYE.com? I'm planning to get Mario Hoops w/ some of the store credit I've built up and it's only $29.99 online($34.99 MSRP).

Did this deal one last time at the Fashion Valley Mall Sam Goody here in San Diego. Traded in:
Onimusha Warlords (3.59)
State of Emergency (3.59)
Godai (3.59)
Max Payne (2.69)
Max Payne 2 (1.99)
Gran Turismo 3 (3.59)
Eve of Extinction (3.59)
Project Eden (3.59)
ATV Offroad Fury (3.59)
Haven: Call of the King (3.69)
Summoner (3.59)
(Had my Smuggler's Run rejected since it came up .01)

Got:
Tales of Legendia
Yakuza
FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Funny thing is, they had the flyers that explained the $39.99 price limit right in front of them and completely missed it. Oh well... yay for me. Anyone in San Diego who's still trying to get in on this should give them a try. They still have a few good games there to get.

[quote name='onikage']Is there a free shipping code for FYE.com? I'm planning to get Mario Hoops w/ some of the store credit I've built up and it's only $29.99 online($34.99 MSRP).[/QUOTE]
the MSRP is $29.99, such as best buy

I got $10 for Everquest Online. I traded in 3 other games and got Tekken: DR, didn't really want it but if I can't return it, there are worse games to be stuck with. I'm just glad to finally be rid of that damnable Everquest game.

I called and they told me today was the last day for the deal, unfortunately they close in ten minutes. Hope someone reports they scored tomorrow (Sunday).

[quote name='espy605']I called and they told me today was the last day for the deal, unfortunately they close in ten minutes. Hope someone reports they scored tomorrow (Sunday).[/QUOTE]

This is one of the most confusing sales in history, IMO. They told me at the store today that the deal officially ends tomorrow, though when I called a couple other FYEs earlier in the day they told me it was good into next month.

[quote name='onikage']Is there a free shipping code for FYE.com? I'm planning to get Mario Hoops w/ some of the store credit I've built up and it's only $29.99 online($34.99 MSRP).[/quote]

Free shipping for orders over $25 i thought?

[quote name='62t']the MSRP is $29.99, such as best buy[/quote]

Ok, then I guess I could just pick it up in-store. EB.com has it listed @ $34.99.

I gathered up all my cheap used games and went to the Mays Landing, NJ FYE today. I was fortunate enough to deal with a semi-knowledgable, nice employee who let me mix and match platforms. I traded in:

Crimson Skies
Gran Turismo 3
Wakeboarding w/ Shaun Murray
Haven: Call of the King

He said I could pick any new game, so I grabbed Madden 07 for 360 ($60 usually)! Nice deal. :)

He wouldn't accept demo discs and turned down a number of my games because of disc condition unfortunately. He was cool, though; it was nice to get a good employee.

my fye charges LocoRoco for 42.99 and they let me trade my games for it. my store doesnt have that ad about 39.99 or less. my fye always charges 3bucks more than retail price. what about u guys?

Went to Sam Goody today and traded in:
Red Dead Revolver (The only Trade-in value I could catch: $4)
The Sims
Tony Hawk's Underground
Ultimate Spiderman

and I used it on Yakuza. :)
Both the clerks who helped me were very friendly and glad to do the $10 difference.

[quote name='trunks982']my fye charges LocoRoco for 42.99 and they let me trade my games for it. my store doesnt have that ad about 39.99 or less. my fye always charges 3bucks more than retail price. what about u guys?[/QUOTE]
39.99 at mine

As of Saturday nights, the store in Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg, IL) stated that the deal was good until next Thursday (8/14). I got the same answer when asking the Spring Hill Mall (West Dundee, IL) store last weekend.

Both were FYEs. So, like the rest of the deal, YMMV.

BTW - Chicago CAGs, the Woodfield FYE is apparently now taking part in the deal. They had the best stock of 360 games I've found.

called them up today and they said they dont have the date for the last day. and they said they dont do trades on sunday. so i dont know.... weird...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Heading out now with 9 DVDs to trade in(1 backup in case of rejection)[/quote]

Cool..let us know if they're still doing it. I hope so, I didn't get a chance to go back out again last night. :cry:

[quote name='MaximusII']Cool..let us know if they're still doing it. I hope so, I didn't get a chance to go back out again last night. :cry:[/quote]

They rejected Hollywood Homicide because it was a penny, so my backup came in handy.

Got 2nd copies of Veronica Mars S1 and O.C. Season 2 because they didn't have anything 26.99 or less that i wanted. Ill go back later to exchange/pay difference for something i really want.

Traded in Kameo and PDZ at the FYE in Auburn for Saints Row. I had to pay 4.80 for the sales tax but still a good deal. From the way they reacted no one has tried to trade any 360 games in there. Better hurry if you wanna the sweet deal as it ends today.

Although I was told yesterday (Saturday) by an employee that it was the last day for the sale, I called today and they said they don't know when the sale will end and that they'd accept trades today.

Traded in NFL2K5, and three other games I had never heard of but were less than $4 at GameStop. I wanted Kingdom Hearts 2 but they couldn't find any of the three copies the computer said was in the store. Finding nothing I really wanted, I got Starfox Command, whoopee.

Picked up Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins, Madden 07, Tick Season 1, Entourage Season 1 and Arrested Development Season 3 at the last moment today. :D

[quote name='MaximusII']Picked up Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins, Madden 07, Tick Season 1, Entourage Season 1 and Arrested Development Season 3 at the last moment today. :D[/quote]

How much was Entourage?

[quote name='Pookymeister']How much was Entourage?[/quote]

26.99 on sale. :D

Normally 39.99 I believe, but my cashier let me use the sale prices.

[quote name='MaximusII']26.99 on sale. :D

Normally 39.99 I believe, but my cashier let me use the sale prices.[/quote]

HMmmm, i didnt see it lying around , otherwise i wouldve skipped veronica mars(2nd copy)

bread's done
Back