UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I thought they dont buy "special edition" games. And they have the signs out that say 35 or less for trade in games. Are they actually giving 40+5 for newer games?[/quote]
What do you meaqn by Special Edition Games. And it's 40 with the extra 5.

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know how much space channel 5 fetch these days?[/quote]

20 bucks plus 5 if you have 3 or more games

wild arms 3 (ps2) - $12
wolverine's revenge (xbox) - $6.50
splinter cell: pandora tomorrow (xbox) - $23

the $5 extra per game is included.

if you plan on trading in sc:pt, i suggest you do it quickly since the used price dropped to $29.99, but the trade in price is still the same as it was a few weeks ago.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I thought they dont buy "special edition" games. And they have the signs out that say 35 or less for trade in games. Are they actually giving 40+5 for newer games?[/quote]

He means $35 plus $5.

Traded in a few more today. Prices include the $5 extra per game for trading in 3 or more games.

Medal of Honor: Infilitrator (GBA) -$7
Splinter Cell: PT (xbox) - $23
Splinter Cell: PT (GBA) - $17
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (xbox) - $10

Does anyone know if any North Texas Game Rush has the new X-BOX bundle? I've got enough credit to get it now and don't mind the drive? I called the Store on Josey and Keller Springs and no luck. They said that they may not get one until the first week of November.

fight night 2004 - xbox = $14 , but you may be able to get 25 if you have the flyer that lists 25 as the trade in price on that game.

Rayman Arena $10
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - $8
MGS2 $8
GTA 3 $8
Castlevania LOI $12
Transworld Surf $8
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer $8
Tekken Tag Tournament $6.50

"Anyone trade in a copy of Donkey Konga yet? I was thinking about trading in Donkey Konga with 2 sets of bongos."

How much would you want for it??
That is if you don't trade Zewone.

Donkey Konga not accepted at BB? 49.99 games new, they buy/sell used for 35/44.99. 39.99 new gets 25/34.99. Did you try calling and asking. You probably could use the trade in a controller deal to get 150% tradein credit for the DK Bongos.

[quote name='Nephets']I'm not trading in ANY of my DC games, but do all DC games at GR give the same trade-in value?[/quote]

Not sure, but I only got between $1.50 and $0.50 for 18 Wheeler. That's the only one I traded.

I got only $5 for Breakdown, 6 for MK:DA(XB), and 16 for Live04(GC). MK Trilogy brought 1.50. Prices before bumping up. Walked out with a 176.50 giftcard thanks to the DVD trade in deal.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The Bongos trade in for $12, not sure about the game.[/quote]

I'm guessing you get 35 for the game, due to it being a brand new release.

i tried trading in the game last week and the employee said it wasn't in their system. dunno if he's correct or just lazy. :lol:

EDIT: whoops, i forgot to say which game lol! the donkey konga game w/o the bongos.

Traded in these today, all PS2, and all BEFORE the $5 bonus:

NCAA Gamebreaker 2003 : $1.50
Mace Griffin : $1.50
I-Ninja : $7
Aqua Aqua : $5
Fur Fighters Viggo's revenge : $5

Those last two are currently both $5 at Circuit City, so if you pick those up and trade 'em in with at least one other game you can get $10 with the added $5 trade-in bonus. So I got $45 for that lot total, and used the "Trade 5 get 1 pre-owned game for $1" coupon...very weakass selection, still no Fable or Battlefront, I settled for a Madden 05 with no manual, ugh. Still, it was a buck, so I won't bitch :)

I just got the following

GC
system 55
controller 13.50
mariocart 25
viewtiful joe 7
super mario sunshine 8

GBA
system 40
spongebob squarepants 9
zelda link to the past 12
super mario bros 5

Plus i got 5 extra for each game

[quote name='delahappy']I just got the following

GC
system 55
controller 13.50
mariocart 25
viewtiful joe 7
super mario sunshine 8

GBA
system 40
spongebob squarepants 9
super mario bros 5

Plus i got 5 extra for each game[/quote]

If you sold that stuff (especially the GC) on Ebay or here, you'd get a lot more than what you got.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='delahappy']I just got the following

GC
system 55
controller 13.50
mariocart 25
viewtiful joe 7
super mario sunshine 8

GBA
system 40
spongebob squarepants 9
super mario bros 5

If you sold that stuff (especially the GC) on Ebay or here, you'd get a lot more than what you got.[/quote]

Honestly maybe, maybe not. Ebay is super-saturated with video games...and as for selling stuff on here....CAG's want everything CHEAP! And almost everytime you do post anything to sell 20 people show up in your thread to mention what a high price you are asking and how it's cheaper here or there.....

[quote name='delahappy']
GBA
system 40
[/quote]

wow, so they still fetch for 40 bucks? I guess it's still worth it for me to turn in my GBA b4 it dropped more when the DS comes out... =X

[quote name='dinovelvet']Traded in these today, all PS2, and all BEFORE the $5 bonus:

NCAA Gamebreaker 2003 : $1.50
Mace Griffin : $1.50
I-Ninja : $7
Aqua Aqua : $5
Fur Fighters Viggo's revenge : $5

Those last two are currently both $5 at Circuit City, so if you pick those up and trade 'em in with at least one other game you can get $10 with the added $5 trade-in bonus. So I got $45 for that lot total, and used the "Trade 5 get 1 pre-owned game for $1" coupon...very weakass selection, still no Fable or Battlefront, I settled for a Madden 05 with no manual, ugh. Still, it was a buck, so I won't bitch :)[/quote]

Just a heads up....
Someone rang you up wrong on that deal... you aren't supposed to get the extra 5 per and the coupons. Don't start screaming to much if the next time you go they tell you that you can't use both at the same time
(per the conditions of the coupon).

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='delahappy']I just got the following

GC
system 55
controller 13.50
mariocart 25
viewtiful joe 7
super mario sunshine 8

GBA
system 40
spongebob squarepants 9
super mario bros 5

If you sold that stuff (especially the GC) on Ebay or here, you'd get a lot more than what you got.[/quote]

Honestly maybe, maybe not. Ebay is super-saturated with video games...and as for selling stuff on here....CAG's want everything CHEAP! And almost everytime you do post anything to sell 20 people show up in your thread to mention what a high price you are asking and how it's cheaper here or there.....[/quote]

That's true. Plus you don't have to put in the time and effort to post and auction, ship the stuff out, etc.
Depending on the items, it's many times not worth the extra couple of hours work that selling it via ebay would take (unless you want cash instead of store credit).

[quote name='JSweeney']

Just a heads up....
Someone rang you up wrong on that deal... you aren't supposed to get the extra 5 per and the coupons. Don't start screaming to much if the next time you go they tell you that you can't use both at the same time
(per the conditions of the coupon).[/quote]

Funnily enough I actually did ask the guy if it was OK to use this coupon on top of the trade deal, and he sort of stared at the coupon, conferred with another employee for a couple of minutes, while they both stared at it some more, and then they finally said yes you can do that. So I guess it is ymmv with this kind of thing. I still have the trade 3, get 1 for $10 that I want to use, we'll see how that goes...

[quote name='delahappy']I just got the following

GC
system 55
controller 13.50
mariocart 25
viewtiful joe 7
super mario sunshine 8

GBA
system 40
spongebob squarepants 9
super mario bros 5

was that for the gba or the gba sp? $40 seems like a lot for the gba alone. if it is though, good news for me :)

Target have a bunch of DVD's for 5.50. I lnow it's not a huge profit, but at 20$ for each 10 you trade, you can rack up a nice 25% profit, very quickly. It was especially easy for me as target and BB are next too each other :)

Prices are before extra $5

Metal Slug 3 (xbox) - $22
2 copies of NBA Live 2004 (GC) - 16 each (picked up for $4.99 each at BB -thanks to whoever posted that earlier in the thread).

[quote name='Sigma']Anyone know how much Game Rush gives for Mega Man X7, Dead to Rights (Xbox), and The Thing (Xbox)?[/quote]

The THing and Dead to Rights only get you $1.50 each.

How much do you get for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? I got it for 11 bucks a long time ago at GR and I've never played it, so, anybody know the value of it?

This has probably been answered, but, what about Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (GCN), too? Since Deception is out, I really don't need it anymore.

[quote name='Nephets']How much do you get for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? I got it for 11 bucks a long time ago at GR and I've never played it, so, anybody know the value of it?

This has probably been answered, but, what about Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (GCN), too? Since Deception is out, I really don't need it anymore.[/quote]

FF:CC still fetches $25, but I'm not sure about MK:DA - most likely $7 or $8.

Prices include the extra $5

$6.50 Aggressive Inline Xbox
$6.50 Madden 2003 PS2
$8.00 Hobbit PS2
$7.00 NCAA Final Four 2004 PS2 (was $12 a few days ago)
$12.00 NFL Gameday 2004 PS2

[quote name='GameDude'][quote name='buster90']How much will NBA Ballers Xbox, Guluty Gear X2, PS2, and Tony Hawk 4 PS2 all get me?? Anyone know?[/quote]

www.yellowpages.com[/quote]
What does that have to do with trade in values?????????

My trade ins for today:
Whiplash (XBOX) - $7 + $5 bonus
Maximum Chase (XBOX) - $8 + $5 bonus
Outlaw Volleyball (XBOX) - $3 + $5 bonus

I picked up Whiplash for $1.99 at Best Buy last week. If you can still find it, you get a decent $5 profit for one or $10 if you do the 3 or more trade in.

I went in today to trade in Madden 2005, the guy told me it was $16. I asked him to check if he typed in the 05 version. He said he did. How did this game dropped so fast? I thought 2004 took almost a year to drop to ~$12. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back