UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='DRBagabundo']I asked because sometimes if you sell a game to them they give you X dollars, but if you use the game as credit for another game, the might give you more credit towards the trade-in. Get my drift?

Another question, when I take games to get them traded in, do I have to use the credit at that moment? or can I come back another day and redeem the credit?[/quote]

1.) as far as i know, they don't take games for cash only credit. so $10 is $10.

2.) you can keep you credit on account or get a card, so you can use it later.

All after +$5:
ps2
007 Nightfire - 12.00
RE:Outbreak - 16.00
VF4:Evo - 13.00
cygirls - 8.00
xbox
Leisure suit larry - 35.00

Have any of you encountered this? I traded 5 games today looking for the customary extra $5. But heres the kicker,she told me i could only get it on 3 games :roll:. I told her what the signs says you know "3 or MORE". She said its always been for every 3. I said if her view of the deal made sense it would read "for every 3 games traded,get $5 for each". I left without too much fuss because i have a little over $500 in credit and 11 games left on preorder,but its just strange. Normally i never have trouble with that store. Heres a couple trade in values. Before the $5

DDR(xbox) $18
Metal Arms(xbox) $7

[quote name='Nephets']When does the extra 5 dollars deal end?[/quote]

from what i remember, the employee told me november 8. i could be off for a few days though. :lol: if anything, it's the end of the end of the first week of november. somewhere around there :p

I trade in a few more. This includes the extra $5.

PS2 Guilty Gear X2- $13
PS2 Tony Hawk 4- $12
Xbox NBA Ballers- $16
Xbox Ghost Recon: Island Thunder- $12

Just traded (including extra $5 per game)

GTA double pack (GTA 3 and Vice City) for X-box got $25
X-men Legends X-box $35
Star Wars Battlefront X-Box $40

I traded in 7 games, but only got the extra 5$ on 4 of them. what is that about? i am going to back and talk to a manager

anyways these are pre 5$ values:
GC-Fifa 2004 16$
GC-NBA Live 2003 1.50$
GC-All star baseball 2002 3.00$
GC-Legends of Wrestling 1.50$
GC-WWE wrestlemania X9 7.00$
GC-Dead to Rights 3.00$
GC-Nascar Heat Dirt to Daytona 10.00$

[quote name='supadupacheap']Had the same thing. 2 games didnt ring up the extra $5. Called to ask whats up, got sounds of stupidity coming from the other end of the line.[/quote]

They don't give you the extra $5 if that would make the price greater than the price that they sell the game for, e.g. if they sell Pac-Man for $4.99 and offer $1 trade-in credit for it, then if you trade Pac-Man in with a bunch of other games, then they should be giving you $1 + $5 = $6, but of course they won't because, well, they're attempting to actually make money from this whole enterprise, and they can't do that when paying $6 for a game they sell for $4.99.

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='supadupacheap']Had the same thing. 2 games didnt ring up the extra $5. Called to ask whats up, got sounds of stupidity coming from the other end of the line.[/quote]

They don't give you the extra $5 if that would make the price greater than the price that they sell the game for, e.g. if they sell Pac-Man for $4.99 and offer $1 trade-in credit for it, then if you trade Pac-Man in with a bunch of other games, then they should be giving you $1 + $5 = $6, but of course they won't because, well, they're attempting to actually make money from this whole enterprise, and they can't do that when paying $6 for a game they sell for $4.99.[/quote]

Thats what I was told but I had the same two games, one got $1, the other got $1 + 5. On another pair of same games, I got + 5 on both. Also, if the + 5 takes you OVER the sale cost, do they not give you ANY bonus? Weird.

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']So the trade in 3 games and get 5$ extra per game is over?[/quote]

i believe it ends on the 8th of this month[/quote]

????? Other people here said it ended 11/1?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Had the same thing. 2 games didnt ring up the extra $5. Called to ask whats up, got sounds of stupidity coming from the other end of the line.[/quote]

I've traded in games a couple times and noticed each time they manually added the $5 to each game, so it's pretty prone to error.

[quote name='pfunkpearl']All after +$5:
ps2
007 Nightfire - 12.00
RE:Outbreak - 16.00
VF4:Evo - 13.00
cygirls - 8.00
xbox
Leisure suit larry - 35.00[/quote]

What GR did you trade Leisure Suit Larry into??

[quote name='phantom4']Has anyone confirmed the 8.00 trade in for dvds is dead, or is it still running?[/quote]
i called today and they said it was dead yesterday

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i received $25 credit for halo, but that was with the bonus $5 tacked on for trading 3 games in at once.[/quote]

Still, 20 dollars for a game that old is pretty good.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i received $25 credit for halo, but that was with the bonus $5 tacked on for trading 3 games in at once.[/quote]

Still, 20 dollars for a game that old is pretty good.[/quote]

yea, i was ecstatic considering i bought it for $20 brand new! :p

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='DRBagabundo']Do sealed games get more than opened/used games?[/quote]

NO.[/quote]

I found a few Auto Modelistas still lingering at CC for $4.96 (even got the buy 2 get 1 free pricematch to TRU!) and traded them in for $10 + $5. They take the sealed, stickered game and open them up to check the disc condition. :roll:

"Gotta do what the manual says!" Derp, derp, derp.

Anyone know what they give for a GBA? I recently saw in GMR that EB is giving $25 for it and was wanting to know if BB will beat it.

Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - $8
NCAA Football 2005 (Xbox) - $12
NFL 2K3 - $1

With the additional $5 a game, it jumps to

SH3 - $13
NCAA Football 2005 - $17 (Ouch)
NFL 2K3 - $6 (Which is a good price, considering it was a used, two year old $10 copy FROM BB)

$36 total, not bad, but I thought NCAA would net me more. Ah, well..

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='DRBagabundo']Do sealed games get more than opened/used games?[/quote]

NO.[/quote]

I've noticed some of the sealed games that I trade in are still sealed when I see them in the PO section. The are marked PO but have the full retail price. And if you see the same game next to it, NOT SEALED they are only charging the PO price. I guess legally they can't call the games new, but they want that NEW money.

So I say, open up all your games. Yoiu don't lose anything, but you stop BB from screwing other customers.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hey guys any idea what madden 2005 nets these days?[/quote]

In the stores near me, the PS2 version recently dropped from $30 to $16.

[quote name='ArchangelOfWar']Silent Hill 3 (PS2) - $8
NCAA Football 2005 (Xbox) - $12
NFL 2K3 - $1

With the additional $5 a game, it jumps to

SH3 - $13
NCAA Football 2005 - $17 (Ouch)
NFL 2K3 - $6 (Which is a good price, considering it was a used, two year old $10 copy FROM BB)

$36 total, not bad, but I thought NCAA would net me more. Ah, well..[/quote]

Once the holiday xbox bundle was announced to include NCAA 2005 the value dropped fast.

I've bought a couple of games in the used section, that were still brand new and sealed. They were the normal used price. I think they were Indiana Jones and a star wars game. I've seen a couple more, but they are mostly crappy games.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='sevdustflyer']Hey guys any idea what madden 2005 nets these days?[/quote]

In the stores near me, the PS2 version recently dropped from $30 to $16.[/quote]

that doesnt sound good

I traded in today all PS2 games:

Madden 2003- $1.50
Corvette- $1.50
Ford Racing 2- $1.50
Super Trucks Racing- $3.00

PLus the additional $5 for each title.

[quote name='robwhit1']Anyone know what they give for a GBA? I recently saw in GMR that EB is giving $25 for it and was wanting to know if BB will beat it.[/quote]

last time i checked, the gba received $25 credit.

Just came back from Gamerush here in Arcadia, CA and traded in these:

All including $5 bonus:

GC-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - $8
GC-Metal of Honor: Frontline - $12
GC-Burnout 2 - $13
PS2-SSX Tricky - $8
PS2-Onimusha 2 - $12
PS2-Summer Heat Beach Volleyball - $8
PS2-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $13
PS2-Rygar - $8

Total: $82

And for heads up, I tried to trade in Space Channel 5 Special Edition (PS2) and they said the game isnt showing up on their computer, so they couldn't take the game as a trade in. Anyone got any idea?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']And for heads up, I tried to trade in Space Channel 5 Special Edition (PS2) and they said the game isnt showing up on their computer, so they couldn't take the game as a trade in. Anyone got any idea?[/quote]

The Space Channel 5 barcode isn't in Blockbuster's system, but the individual discs are. The game will not scan, but it will appear as two separate items if searched for: Space Channel 5-1 and Space Channel 5-2 (disc 1 and disc 2). Disc 1 nets $25 (or $22 at some locations) and disc 2 nets $1.50, and since they are separate games, you could get $5 extra on EACH if you trade in at least one more game. This is only YMMV, however, because some managers won't let you trade in the discs separately.

[quote name='stoned99']Anybody tried trading in the DOA Ultimate disks yet. I wonder if you can trade in the DOA2 portion ??[/quote]

I don't think you can. The game will only net you $25 which sucks cause it cause came out!

[quote name='stoned99']Anybody tried trading in the DOA Ultimate disks yet. I wonder if you can trade in the DOA2 portion ??[/quote]

i dont think you can because it doesn't have a sku on the case, its only on the big case. you can always try though

Just traded in a bunch of crap for great credit:

PS1 - Fifa 2001: $5
PS1 - Tiger Woods PGA Golf: $5
PS1 - Legend of Lagaia (2 copies): $5 each
PS1 - Blaster Master: $4
PS1 - Crash Team Racing: $4.50
PS1 - Mission Impossible: $4.50
PS2 - ESPN NFL2K4: $6.50
PS2 - Dead to Rights: $8
PS2 - Madden 2004: $9!!
XBOX - Sega NHL 2K3: $12!!
XBOX - Rallisport Challenge: $8
GC - Madden 2003: $6.50
GC - NBA Street: $8

TOTAL: $91. I picked up Fable (used), Star Wars Battlefront (used) and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (new) for about $20 out of pocket. Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back