UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='spin03'][quote name='GameDude'][quote name='USAUSAUSA']Anybody know what Madden 2005 gets now with the price drop?[/quote]

www.yellowpages.com[/quote]

to make your life easier, it is 16 as of 4 days ago[/quote]

They are still selling the Collectors Edition for $54.99, i wonder what they pay for it.

[quote name='newbie2000']I was able to get Halo 2 Limited Edition today! However, I think I may have been put on the blacklist. This is the first time I traded in at this particular blockbuster. The first thing the manager did was called some customer service and read them my membership number. Does anybody know what's that for? Next, she read the list of games that I wanted to trade in (the games were brought at another blockbuster 3 days ago). The trade went ok, but it just feels weird.

Have this ever happened to anyone before?[/quote]ditto. this happened to me last night when I went to a GR I hadn't traded at before. I was just doing the T3G1$9.99 with 3 PS games so I don't see the problem. It made me a little nervous but the trade went through fine.

Madden '05 CE gets $25 as of yesterday.
Def Jam:FFNY(PS2) gets $30.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='newbie2000']I was able to get Halo 2 Limited Edition today! However, I think I may have been put on the blacklist. This is the first time I traded in at this particular blockbuster. The first thing the manager did was called some customer service and read them my membership number. Does anybody know what's that for? Next, she read the list of games that I wanted to trade in (the games were brought at another blockbuster 3 days ago). The trade went ok, but it just feels weird.

Have this ever happened to anyone before?[/quote]ditto. this happened to me last night when I went to a GR I hadn't traded at before. I was just doing the T3G1$9.99 with 3 PS games so I don't see the problem. It made me a little nervous but the trade went through fine.

Def Jam:FFNY(PS2) gets $30.[/quote]

Let me guess, did you traded at the Mesquite store on Town East? That's the store where this happened for me. The trade went thru fine, but I won't know anything about my record until I trade again. I actually wanted to get the Metal Gear Solid 3 at the store, but I don't want to trade at that store if I don't have to

naw, I'm down in San Antonio. looks like my account now has a hold on it. I tried to do the 3/$9.99 deal earlier today and the clerk called another gamerush, was on the phone for like five minutes, and said that he couldn't process the trade because there was a hold on the account for trading and he would have to speak to their 'games manager' to clarify the situation. I'm not even going to bother to trade anymore, at least not for a month or two. I'm kinda confused as to how they caught on, as it wasn't blatant exploitation(just trading in 3 crap PS games or 2 crap PS games and 1 newer next-gen title). Oh well, I had a good run and I still have ~$240 in credit left over.

^ I suggest everyone get a gift card if you have lots of credit. If you have alot of money on your account it may make them suspicious. Maybe that's what happened Sanjuro.

well, I actually have had my credit on a value card for a month, but now that you mention it, that might be a possible reason. At one of the stores I bought something yesterday, the clerk made a remark to the effect of 'wow, $200' in regards to my credit on my value card.

That's why you should get multiple value cards, and just wrap the receipt that shows the total credit around each card. That's what I did when I was piling up credit and wanted to avoid the clerks from noticing. I just started giving out the cards to relatives, since I had quite a few and I didn't know what to waste it on since I don't bother to rent movies or games.

Actually, I did get a gift card when I can. However, some BB said I cannot get gift card with my value card. Another thing is that the manager called some office before she even notice the amount on my value card. If I get a hold on it, I won't be trading for a while then.

Btw, does anyone know how long it take before they remove the hold on my account?

I have over $200 credit but I have it on 3 different cards. One has $50,70, and 80 I think. Even if I use a card nothing gets suspecious.

Hmmm... Holds, huh? I guess corporate has been going through our individual trading records, since each location has no way of knowing what we trade at another (short of calling them up, I mean). Also, what determines whether or not a hold is placed? I'm a pretty egregious abuser of the whole trade-in policy (though I haven't traded in a week or so) so I'll go in and see if I've got a hold today.

Post here and let us know if you've been put on hold, and what the extent of your trading was, so we know how widespread this is.

Also, Newbie, Sanjuro, and Engineer_J...what do you think led them to hold you? Did you all use value cards with enormous amounts on them? Were you in-store all the time? Did you do a lot of the "Buy Fable for 10, sell it for 35" stuff?

Just wondering. I'm sure if you guys are frozen, then I am too. Ah well, I got more than I can play.

[quote name='sanjuro']naw, I'm down in San Antonio. looks like my account now has a hold on it. I tried to do the 3/$9.99 deal earlier today and the clerk called another gamerush, was on the phone for like five minutes, and said that he couldn't process the trade because there was a hold on the account for trading and he would have to speak to their 'games manager' to clarify the situation. I'm not even going to bother to trade anymore, at least not for a month or two. I'm kinda confused as to how they caught on, as it wasn't blatant exploitation(just trading in 3 crap PS games or 2 crap PS games and 1 newer next-gen title). Oh well, I had a good run and I still have ~$240 in credit left over.[/quote]
Which store in San Antonio do you usually go to?

I usually stick to the ones on the south side, which are actually pretty good. this is in comparison to when I checked out the store on babcock by UTSA 3 weeks ago, which had been ridiculously exploited(~16 copies of SC5, ~8 of The Hobbit, ~7 of Culdecept, ~8 drakes and so forth).

As for how they caught on, I figure it was either the amount on the value card(~$200) or that I seemed familiar with how the store worked or that I traded in obviously cheap PS1 games for the T3/G1$9.99 deal. I did do the "buy fable for 10, sell it for 35" 3 times, but I did it at separate stores so the only way they would find out is if they called other stores since trade accounts aren't linked to all stores.

anyone know how true that is about the stores not linking to others? I lost my membership card, and at one store the lady put in a message in my account so that if anyone were to pick up my preorders, they would need an ID. And this went out to all the stores, as far as I know.

Looks liek Fable is going to drop tomorrow (11/30), so trade it away today if you still want the $35

Anyone know when or what Star Wars:Battlefront is trading for these days? (XBOX)

I may take this along with Fable today

^

$35 as of last wednesday.[quote name='GameDude']anyone know how true that is about the stores not linking to others? I lost my membership card, and at one store the lady put in a message in my account so that if anyone were to pick up my preorders, they would need an ID. And this went out to all the stores, as far as I know.[/quote]I actually think that stores do link to each other but only certain things can be seen by all(like notes added to your account by employees), account histories on the other hand can't(I assume because they're so vast).

Thanks....should still be $35 then (since it appears they update on Tuesday), looks like I'll trade it in today....game was pretty average anyways, I'll throw in one more along with Fable and get a PO for $10.

Each value card has a limit of $500. Found that out a while ago. You should be able to buy gift cards with credit, just dont expect to get the extra $5 card deal. Makes good gifts. Have yet to find out if I have been blacklisted/banned/hold on account.

I do think that stores have been getting audited, hence why the main database could have info on you from every store. Dont know if the branches share info with each other, but the branches must communicate to the brain/headquarters. Just one theory.

anyone know if they accept donkey conga yet? just the game.. I got 3 games set from GR and have no idea what to do with the other 2 extra game i have..

GR employees said they wouldnt buy back donkey conga because it is HARDWARE. The sell used systems at the store, so they should buy/sell used hardware. Anyways, thats what they told me. Just give em a call and ask, quickest way to get a price.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='newbie2000']I was able to get Halo 2 Limited Edition today! However, I think I may have been put on the blacklist. This is the first time I traded in at this particular blockbuster. The first thing the manager did was called some customer service and read them my membership number. Does anybody know what's that for? Next, she read the list of games that I wanted to trade in (the games were brought at another blockbuster 3 days ago). The trade went ok, but it just feels weird.

Def Jam:FFNY(PS2) gets $30.[/quote]

The first time you trade at any blockbuster they have to add you to the system. I'm surprised you didn't have to sign a trade contract. That happened to me the first time I traded at both of my local gamerushes.

Anyway My latest trades:

Ace Combat 5- 28
Bloodrayne 2- 25

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know if they accept donkey conga yet? just the game.. I got 3 games set from GR and have no idea what to do with the other 2 extra game i have..[/quote]

Game by itself trades $9 at Gamestop, 16.50 at EB Games

[quote name='rafissaying']has anyone else got a hold on their account besides all the people in texas?[/quote]
Well mine has been flagged at one store, and I'm in GA. I can still trade, but they won't let me do the trade 3 get one there with PS1 games anymore. However the other stores are just fine with that deal.

[quote name='Archaic']Hmmm... Holds, huh? I guess corporate has been going through our individual trading records, since each location has no way of knowing what we trade at another (short of calling them up, I mean). Also, what determines whether or not a hold is placed? I'm a pretty egregious abuser of the whole trade-in policy (though I haven't traded in a week or so) so I'll go in and see if I've got a hold today.

Post here and let us know if you've been put on hold, and what the extent of your trading was, so we know how widespread this is.

Also, Newbie, Sanjuro, and Engineer_J...what do you think led them to hold you? Did you all use value cards with enormous amounts on them? Were you in-store all the time? Did you do a lot of the "Buy Fable for 10, sell it for 35" stuff?

Just wondering. I'm sure if you guys are frozen, then I am too. Ah well, I got more than I can play.[/quote]

Actually, compare to many other on this forum, I really don't consider myself a big time abuser of the system. As for my value card, I got about $300 on it. I only traded PS2, Xbox, or gamecube games for the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal. I varied my selection of $35 trade-in selections as well. I only traded the same titles twice the whole time (in two different BB stores). The only thing that may be a problem is that I often buy games from them using BB credit and then trade it back to them to get the newer titles. However, I DID NOT get any sports title to do the trade.

Overall, I think I took a fair amount of restraint and precaution. The only thing might be the time between trade. The time where I may be blacklisted(I am still not sure if I am or not), I was tradings very often (every three days) for a week.

[quote name='newbie2000']
The only thing that may be a problem is that I often buy games from them using BB credit and then trade it back to them to get the newer titles..[/quote]
THat IS the Problem. You cannot buy games from gamerush or Blockbuster and trade them back. That is the reason for you to be on the black list!!! Ebgames and Gamestop are better choices.

hey u guys know that coupon that says trade any game and u can get any game for $39.99??

does that mean if I trade a game in, I can use that credit towards a game reduced to $39.99 letting me pay less that that amount??

do u understadn what I am asking? like say a game trades in for $5 and I use the coupon,

so if I want MGS3 which costs $50 I can get it for $35 ($40 - $5)?

thanx

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Did the prices drop today?[/quote]

I think they update the system on Tuesday.....Fable was supposed to drop (probably $25-$30 now)

I need to find some cheap games to trade in, my GameRush finally had some decent titles in,

JEKKI, that is correct. The trade-in value gets deducted from the $39.99. Where do you get this coupon? I haven't been able to find one.

[quote name='milmanias']JEKKI, that is correct. The trade-in value gets deducted from the $39.99. Where do you get this coupon? I haven't been able to find one.[/quote]
The coupon is in the latest issue of Gamepro, but some stores have it by now. The coupon is for Trade 1, get $10 off a new game that originally cost at least $39.99.

Back in August I traded in 45 DVDs, and picked up a new XBOX and PS2 console from Gamerush.

Sold them on eBay...then, bought me some sweet Dreamcast goodness!

[quote name='JEKKI']hey u guys know that coupon that says trade any game and u can get any game for $39.99??

does that mean if I trade a game in, I can use that credit towards a game reduced to $39.99 letting me pay less that that amount??

do u understadn what I am asking? like say a game trades in for $5 and I use the coupon,

so if I want MGS3 which costs $50 I can get it for $35 ($40 - $5)?

thanx[/quote]

i'm pretty sure the coupon works like you say... so far, all GR trade-in deals let you use credit towards the purchase.

Can anyone confirm the trade-in value for Killzone. Last week, I traded that in for $35. Today, it is listed at my local gamerush (on one of those bulletin board) for $45. I cannot believe the value of trade-in can actually increase for certain games. I thought trade-in can only go down in value.

Damn, if they offer 45 for killzone, i definitely need to sell my copy TODAY.

*edit*
gamerush.com shows the trade in values for killzone is 35 same with fable, sw battlefront, nfsu2, mk d.

Dont know if they changed the instore prices/updated.

[quote name='newbie2000']Can anyone confirm the trade-in value for Killzone. Last week, I traded that in for $35. Today, it is listed at my local gamerush (on one of those bulletin board) for $45. I cannot believe the value of trade-in can actually increase for certain games. I thought trade-in can only go down in value.[/quote]

it's gotta be a price mistake. :lol: doesn't hurt to try and trade it in though ;)

It was on the whiteboard of my local BB for $45 so I would say that it is a definite (at least in SW Chicago 'burbs). Not sure how long it will last though...

[quote name='newbie2000']Can anyone confirm the trade-in value for Killzone. Last week, I traded that in for $35. Today, it is listed at my local gamerush (on one of those bulletin board) for $45. I cannot believe the value of trade-in can actually increase for certain games. I thought trade-in can only go down in value.[/quote]

At GR, trade-in prices go up and down all the time.
1 week Spiderman 2 was $30 then $25, after a certain promotion ended it went back up to $30

Best to call every so often if you dont plan to go in everyday for trading. I usually call every 2-3 days checking if they got my preorders in yet, and to see if they got used games in since I last visited.

A friend of mine traded in both Killzone and Need For Speed Underground 2 tonight for $35 each (both were from some PS1 trade ins)

I wound up trading in 3 crappy PS1 games, Dead Or Alive Ultimate ($25), Unreal Championship [$8] and Eternal Darkness ($5). I picked up Way Of The Samurai 2 and Star Ocean for $10 each and then used the rest of the credit towards a Viewtiful Joe 2 :) Happy days indeed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back