UPDATED BestBuy B1G1Free on Sony TV Seasons starts 1/1-2/11, Stargate, more

chalalite

CAGiversary!
DATES CONFIRMED Promotion will run through 2/11

THIS IS AVAILABLE ONLINE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat79000050018

I cut this off the website:
Offer applies only to the select titles listed. DVDs must be purchased in multiples of two (2) within the same transaction. You will receive the lower priced of the DVDs for free. Offer does not apply to prior purchases.
Should work the same in the store, but I'll check once the registers open up this morning.

It looks like a lot of the Sony TV seasons are going to be buy one get one free at Best Buy starting tomorrow. Sadly I don't have complete information about this, just a sign that says buy one get one free and a planogram with the titles that are to go with it. I won't know for sure how they ring out until tomorrow, when I can test them at a register. They will most likely either both ring out at half price, or the cheaper of the two will ring out for free.

There should be a cart on the racetrack set up in the stores with these on it. I don't know if it includes the seasons of the shows that aren't listed on the planogram, but it is likely that the rest of the seasons of these shows would also be included with this. As I said, I can't completely verify any of this until tomorrow. The cart this is planoed on usually only changes once every two months or so. It is likely that this promotion would run the full length of this, and also sure to be advertised sometime in this time span, but the signage and the planogram are supposed to be set up tomorrow.

Anyway, I know this is what you want to see:

All in the Family 1 - 4
Dawsons Creek 1-5
Good Times 5
King of Queens 1-4
Married with Children 1-4
Newsradio 1
Outer Limits 1
Rescue Me 1
Sanford and Son 1, 2, 3, 6
Seinfeld 1&2 - 6
Soap 1 - 4
Stargate 2 - 8

I see some of the seasons on the website that aren't listed here are available for this deal, but it doesn't look like season 1 of Stargate is... I'll edit this to the exact list when I can later today, until then I would go off the list from the link to the website above.

Hrmm, all the Married with Childrens are different prices on the website. The first season is $24.99, but the others are like $39.99 $34.99 etc... So what's the deal?

If anyone in the Columbia, MD area wants a $39.99 set for half price, please shoot me a PM. I want an odd number of DVDs, so I'll need to team up with somebody to fully take advantage of the deal.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Hrmm, all the Married with Childrens are different prices on the website. The first season is $24.99, but the others are like $39.99 $34.99 etc... So what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Those don't go on sale until Sunday.

Jeez! Some of those box sets's prices vary so wildly. There's one that season 1 is $35, but season 2 is like $45. :bomb:
I thought cool 2 seasons of the same TV series for $35 total. Which is all my budget will allow. :cry:
At least when I check Best Buy's site today, following the link for the B1G1F here.

[quote name='Roufuss']FYI if nobody has checked next week's ads, but Best Buy is having a sale on all these box sets next week.

All Seinfeld seasons are $34.99, while all of King of Queens and Married With Children are $24.99...[/QUOTE]

I'm only seeing one of the Seinfeld seasons at that price (online)...8(

RD

The sets are all different prices. Only the advertised sets (Seinfeld 4, KoQ 4, Stargate 7, etc.) are at the advertised prices. Seinfeld 5 and 6 cost me $41.99 today.

The word is that no matter the prices, you pay for the first set scanned, so if one is more expensive, scan it last.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']The sets are all different prices. Only the advertised sets (Seinfeld 4, KoQ 4, Stargate 7, etc.) are at the advertised prices. Seinfeld 5 and 6 cost me $41.99 today.

The word is that no matter the prices, you pay for the first set scanned, so if one is more expensive, scan it last.[/QUOTE]

I bought Seinfeld 4 and 5 they rang up full then took 50% off both...

[quote name='yellowjacket621']The sets are all different prices. Only the advertised sets (Seinfeld 4, KoQ 4, Stargate 7, etc.) are at the advertised prices. Seinfeld 5 and 6 cost me $41.99 today.

The word is that no matter the prices, you pay for the first set scanned, so if one is more expensive, scan it last.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that here's what I see...

Buy 1, Get 1 Free Offer
Offer applies only to the select titles listed. DVDs must be purchased in multiples of two (2) within the same transaction. You will receive the LOWER priced of the DVDs for free. Offer does not apply to prior purchases. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the required items from your order, you will not receive the promotional offer. Best Buy's return policy on free items applies to this promotion. Qualifying purchase transaction must be made by 11:59 p.m. CT 2/11/06. Offer subject to change. Limit: 3 of the same title per customer. No dealers, please.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']You sure about that here's what I see...

Buy 1, Get 1 Free Offer
Offer applies only to the select titles listed. DVDs must be purchased in multiples of two (2) within the same transaction. You will receive the LOWER priced of the DVDs for free. Offer does not apply to prior purchases. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the required items from your order, you will not receive the promotional offer. Best Buy's return policy on free items applies to this promotion. Qualifying purchase transaction must be made by 11:59 p.m. CT 2/11/06. Offer subject to change. Limit: 3 of the same title per customer. No dealers, please.[/QUOTE]

i puchased a 33.99 dvd and a 39.99 dvd, and i paid for the 33.99 one whereas the other was free. So the guy is right about buying the more expensive last... unless bb changed their computer systems within the last day.

It has been confirmed by plenty of posters on DVD Talk. Just because their online policy states that, doesn't mean that there may be an error in the computers.

It is confirmed that you are charged for the first set scanned.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']It has been confirmed by plenty of posters on DVD Talk. Just because their online policy states that, doesn't mean that there may be an error in the computers.

It is confirmed that you are charged for the first set scanned.[/QUOTE]

yeap confirmed

got OUTER LIMITS Season one 47.99
Married with children season four 24.99

Total before tax 24.99

that kicks ass

[quote name='slidecage']yeap confirmed

got OUTER LIMITS Season one 47.99
Married with children season four 24.99

Total before tax 24.99

that kicks ass[/QUOTE]

Slidecage - you surprise me... how can you be so against double dipping Best Buy Bucks but have no problem taking advantage of this computer glitch.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Slidecage - you surprise me... how can you be so against double dipping Best Buy Bucks but have no problem taking advantage of this computer glitch.[/QUOTE]

i say Triple dip those coupons next year..... best buy screwed me major time back in dec... I picked up a DVD recorder using BB bucks and was told I would be able to make backup of my movie collection (fair law says i can make 1 personal back up for every movie i own) So i put out 200 Bucks just to find out I need a 100 buck ADD on to make copies of the movies..

so screw BB rip them off anyway you can

[quote name='slidecage']i say Triple dip those coupons next year..... best buy screwed me major time back in dec... I picked up a DVD recorder using BB bucks and was told I would be able to make backup of my movie collection (fair law says i can make 1 personal back up for every movie i own) So i put out 200 Bucks just to find out I need a 100 buck ADD on to make copies of the movies..

so screw BB rip them off anyway you can[/QUOTE]

How is best buy screwing you there? 1. Its a misinformed salesperson who told you wrong; 2. you should do your own research when making a purchase like that.

[quote name='sman113']How is best buy screwing you there? 1. Its a misinformed salesperson who told you wrong; 2. you should do your own research when making a purchase like that.[/QUOTE]

says right on the box make dvd back up copies of movies...

guess they meant home movies or stuff you record off tv.......

also when i called up to complain They said they would pay for half of the converter you need ... this was back around DEC 4 and the SOB still never sent me a 50 buck Gift card

[quote name='slidecage']i say Triple dip those coupons next year..... best buy screwed me major time back in dec... I picked up a DVD recorder using BB bucks and was told I would be able to make backup of my movie collection (fair law says i can make 1 personal back up for every movie i own) So i put out 200 Bucks just to find out I need a 100 buck ADD on to make copies of the movies..

so screw BB rip them off anyway you can[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Yea, I do NOT think it's legal to make a backup of a movie DVD (that contains copy protection) that you legally purchased. Although "fair use" would not prevent it (like copying a music CD), a law passed several years ago (Digital Rights Act????) makes it illegal to circumvent copy protection no matter what the intended use of the copy.

[quote name='cheapfrag']LOL!

Yea, I do NOT think it's legal to make a backup of a movie DVD (that contains copy protection) that you legally purchased. Although "fair use" would not prevent it (like copying a music CD), a law passed several years ago (Digital Rights Act????) makes it illegal to circumvent copy protection no matter what the intended use of the copy.[/QUOTE]

then if that is right then Why isnt BB being sue since they sell the Item for 99.99 and CC sell it for 149.99

your allowed to make 1 back up copy for personal use for all the movies you have...

If you want to make a backup of a DVD, you can do that from a computer. There's plenty of free tools to do this. Though, if you want perfect copies, you'll need dual layer discs. cdfreaks.com has all the info you could want on DVDs and CDs backup, burning, and defeating copy protection. I've had to defeat copy protection to get an old pc game to play.

This deal sounds pretty good. I just wish I had more money.

[quote name='slidecage']says right on the box make dvd back up copies of movies...

[/QUOTE]

So its still not Best Buy screwing you. The manufacturer is the one you should be mad at, not Best Buy.

Again someone trying to justify their bad acts.

Well I just got all 4 seasons for $54 after tax. Thanks everyone who contributed. That glitch worked flawlessly, but i did do it 2 seasons at a time to avoid any issues with 4 scanned at once.

Anyway, thanks CAG.

illl probly watch the 4 seasons of married with children and king of queens would anyone wanna buy them off me when im done with them? should be a day or two.

I didn't read all of the posts. But I was wanting to pick up some of these. Specifically the rest of Seinfeld that I don't have.

Anyhow, I went past BB today to make sure they had what I wanted. They only had S1/2, 4, 5/6. I own S1/2 and asked a friend that works there if they had any S3 in the back. They didn't so I left hoping I'd be able to price/deal match it somewhere else.

Then I went to Wal-Mart. They have S1/2-S4 for $30 each. Wal-Mart is usually good about price/deal matching so I'm gonna pick them up sometime within the next week. Would have gotten S3 and S4 today but I flipped through the BB paper with it folded in half instead of all the way open and I couldn't find the half page on the deal. I hadn't actually looked at the ad. Only read about it on here.

For those that don't want to read all of that.

WAL-MART has Seinfeld S1/2 - S4 for $30 each.

May be YMMV but its well worth a look. $30 for two season of a show, a great show at that, is really sweet.

[quote name='Roufuss']FYI if nobody has checked next week's ads, but Best Buy is having a sale on all these box sets next week.

All Seinfeld seasons are $34.99, while all of King of Queens and Married With Children are $24.99...[/QUOTE]

Ok, there appears to be nothing on this in this week's upcoming ad...am I to assume this is NOT happening? I want to order the Seinfeld seasons, but I don't want to do it then next week the price be different...

Thanks!

RD

[quote name='[email protected]']Ok, there appears to be nothing on this in this week's upcoming ad...am I to assume this is NOT happening? I want to order the Seinfeld seasons, but I don't want to do it then next week the price be different...

Thanks!

RD[/QUOTE]

That comment was towards this week. But it wound up being a misunderstanding and only select seasons are on sale. For instance, King of Queens only the 4th season is on sale. Married With Children only the 4th season and etc... Not all the seasons are on sale.

yep, the glitch worked for me too. actually at the time i didnt even know about it. I just walked up with Married With Children seasons 3 and 4 and she scanned 4 first and to my suprise, i got both for $25!

[quote name='gamcreator']That comment was towards this week. But it wound up being a misunderstanding and only select seasons are on sale. For instance, King of Queens only the 4th season is on sale. Married With Children only the 4th season and etc... Not all the seasons are on sale.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks so much!

RD

Picked up: Married with Childre Sea 1 24.99 + Outer Limits Sea 1 47.99 free
King of Queens Sea 1 24.99 +King of Queens Sea 2 39.99 free
Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

Just thought it might interest everyone that it appears this same deal is going on over at Barnes and Noble (I checked their website). Their DVDS are usually a couple bucks cheaper, so it might be a better idea to go there instead!

ie. Stargate SG1 is ~$10 cheaper at B&N than BB.

However, their site says the sale is only until the 24th.

is the glitch still going on or did they fix it because I would like to pick up Newsradio and seinfeld (any season besides 4 and 6)? Newsradio is only $24.99, I would love to get newsradio and another season of seinfeld for $24.99.

[quote name='mcgavin27']is the glitch still going on or did they fix it because I would like to pick up Newsradio and seinfeld (any season besides 4 and 6)? Newsradio is only $24.99, I would love to get newsradio and another season of seinfeld for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get seinfeld s5 and s6 for $24.99(I used a $20 reward zone so it turned out to be $5 for me). I had season 6 out with the upc up front so that it would be scanned first. Apperently, it still works, atleast with the seinfelds.

However, I then tried newsradio and stargate season 7. He scanned newsradio first, but for some reason it just took off the value of newsradio. Since that happened, I just went ahead and got season 8 since it was 24.99 as well.

[quote name='pinoy530']I was able to get seinfeld s5 and s6 for $24.99(I used a $20 reward zone so it turned out to be $5 for me). I had season 5 out with the upc up front so that it would be scanned first. Apperently, it still works, atleast with the seinfelds.

However, I then tried newsradio and stargate season 7. He scanned newsradio first, but for some reason it just took off the value of newsradio. Since that happened, I just went ahead and got season 8 since it was 24.99 as well.[/QUOTE]
is season 5 of seinfeld on sale too or no?

[quote name='mcgavin27']is season 5 of seinfeld on sale too or no?[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I fixed my post, I meant to say that I had season 6 scanned first. So no, its not part of the sale, but you can get season 5 as the free one.

[quote name='pinoy530']Sorry about that. I fixed my post, I meant to say that I had season 6 scanned first. So no, its not part of the sale, but you can get season 5 as the free one.[/QUOTE]
Do you think Newsradio and Seinfeld 5 will work? if it doesn't, I will just get newsradio and seinfeld 6 and ebay the extra seinfeld 6.

wow, stargate season 8 is indeed on sale for only $25. get that and a season of soap free.

i thought getting the stargate seasons during gamestops bogo was a decent pickup but this is even better(combining sale items with bogo sale)

this is absolutely incredible.

edit: just bought season 8 of stargate for $25 and got seasons 1&2 of news radio FREE.

This is incredible. I selected in store pickup and will go pick them up in a bit.

[quote name='mcgavin27']Do you think Newsradio and Seinfeld 5 will work? if it doesn't, I will just get newsradio and seinfeld 6 and ebay the extra seinfeld 6.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably work. I don't know why i couldnt get newsradio to work with stargate s7(maybe cuz that was 50.99 and seinfeld was 39.99?), but considering I was able to get seinfeld season 5 free with one of the 24.99 titles, it'll probably work.

You could just grab season 5 and newsradio, have them scan newsradio first, and if they charge you 39.99 plus tax, then be like oh i grabbed the wrong seinfeld and go get season 6.

Badlands at DVDtalk just found this out:
As I mentioned in the other Best Buy thread, there are now several other B1G1 titles showing up on sale this week for $24.99 online.

Rescue Me First Season
King of Queens Season 4
Dawson's Creek Season 5
Married With Children Season 4
Seinfeld Season 5

He said they arent marked in store, but are coming up that price now.

awesome, I returned my 'in-store pickup' order from the other day today and got Seinfeld S5 + S6 for $25+tax total instead, along with the BB seinfeld promo CD for free.

Hopefully my reward zone coupon will get here in time for the weekend so I can snag Rescue Me and News Radio for $20 after reward zone cert. I think it's a bit much for it to take upwards of a week from the time they deduct your rewards zone points and issue you your certificate to the time when it actually shows up in your inbox.

Just a reminder -- if you're picking up Stargate season 8, remember to look for the boxes that have a gold sticker on them (says "complete season 8" and mentions something about commentaries, etc.)

The ones without the sticker are the initial release that had a cut version of the episode Threads on it (the version that originally aired was a 90 minute special, the cut version was reduced for a 60 minute timeslot).

AAARRGH!! And I just opened up my set of Seaons 8 of SG-1. Upon further persual of the episode in question, sure enough it's the crappy 60 minute edit #-o

Oh, well, I guess I'll just take it back to BB and tell them it's defective. Which, if you think about it, is the truth. Come on, how hard is it to put an extra 30 mintues onto a DVD? :whistle2:?

-Brian who has to go back to BB anyway to get some more Seinfeld

[quote name='grundy']AAARRGH!! And I just opened up my set of Seaons 8 of SG-1. Upon further persual of the episode in question, sure enough it's the crappy 60 minute edit #-o

Oh, well, I guess I'll just take it back to BB and tell them it's defective. Which, if you think about it, is the truth. Come on, how hard is it to put an extra 30 mintues onto a DVD? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Just as a note, the 60 minute version winds up about 45 minutes of actual running time -- the 90 minute version actually runs for about ~60 minutes. So technically it's only ~15 minutes cut.

[quote name='chargeup45']Both Seinfeld seasons worked for me... also got the "what happened?" look from the cashier when it rung up.[/QUOTE]

i get that look from best buy cashiers even before they scan anything in(i rape BB silly on all of their deals).

[quote name='TimTucker']Just as a note, the 60 minute version winds up about 45 minutes of actual running time -- the 90 minute version actually runs for about ~60 minutes. So technically it's only ~15 minutes cut.[/QUOTE]

i have no idea which one i got, it isnt worth it to go back and return it if i got the bad one.

I just recently got into stargate, it is a decent series(i never heard of it until a few weeks ago)

This might be kinda off topic, but I didn't know where else to ask.

What Married with Children episode and season is this on? It might not even be out yet (on DVD).

Al and them are the in supermarket (it's very hot outside) in the cold foods/freezer section and they're acting like their at the beach or something. Because they're lying down in beach chairs (right at the freezers). I thought later in the episode he see Marcy. Maybe it's the one where the computers screw up or the so-and-so # customer.

I think that was at the start of that episode. So, anyone know for sure what season/episode it was? Thanks for any info.

bread's done
Back