UPDATED BestBuy B1G1Free on Sony TV Seasons starts 1/1-2/11, Stargate, more

chalalite

CAGiversary!
DATES CONFIRMED Promotion will run through 2/11

THIS IS AVAILABLE ONLINE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat79000050018

I cut this off the website:
Offer applies only to the select titles listed. DVDs must be purchased in multiples of two (2) within the same transaction. You will receive the lower priced of the DVDs for free. Offer does not apply to prior purchases.
Should work the same in the store, but I'll check once the registers open up this morning.

It looks like a lot of the Sony TV seasons are going to be buy one get one free at Best Buy starting tomorrow. Sadly I don't have complete information about this, just a sign that says buy one get one free and a planogram with the titles that are to go with it. I won't know for sure how they ring out until tomorrow, when I can test them at a register. They will most likely either both ring out at half price, or the cheaper of the two will ring out for free.

There should be a cart on the racetrack set up in the stores with these on it. I don't know if it includes the seasons of the shows that aren't listed on the planogram, but it is likely that the rest of the seasons of these shows would also be included with this. As I said, I can't completely verify any of this until tomorrow. The cart this is planoed on usually only changes once every two months or so. It is likely that this promotion would run the full length of this, and also sure to be advertised sometime in this time span, but the signage and the planogram are supposed to be set up tomorrow.

Anyway, I know this is what you want to see:

All in the Family 1 - 4
Dawsons Creek 1-5
Good Times 5
King of Queens 1-4
Married with Children 1-4
Newsradio 1
Outer Limits 1
Rescue Me 1
Sanford and Son 1, 2, 3, 6
Seinfeld 1&2 - 6
Soap 1 - 4
Stargate 2 - 8

I see some of the seasons on the website that aren't listed here are available for this deal, but it doesn't look like season 1 of Stargate is... I'll edit this to the exact list when I can later today, until then I would go off the list from the link to the website above.

[quote name='Green-Bull']This might be kinda off topic, but I didn't know where else to ask.

What Married with Children episode and season is this on? It might not even be out yet (on DVD).

Al and them are the in supermarket (it's very hot outside) in the cold foods/freezer section and they're acting like their at the beach or something. Because they're lying down in beach chairs (right at the freezers). I thought later in the episode he see Marcy. Maybe it's the one where the computers screw up or the so-and-so # customer.

I think that was at the start of that episode. So, anyone know for sure what season/episode it was? Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Goto:

http://www.tv.com/married-...-with-children/show/405/episode_guide.html

Just scan the episode guides and you should be able to find it. IMHO, the episode with Bubba Smith (as Spare Tire) playing a school security guard who steals Al's championship trophy is the best in the series. The scene where they're replaying Al's goal line touchdown score is priceless - both pull out their wallets with pictures of their mother-in-laws to scare the other and then scream like little girls.

I just tried to buy some extra copies of tv sets and it told me that on that particular title (seinfeld 5 and 6, king of queens 4), it had a limit of 1 item per customer. In the B1G1 rules it says limit 3. Is this a seperate limit for the $24.99 sets, and would it be enforeced in store?

Killer, I went back and got Seinfeld S3 + S5 for $25 and Seinfeld S4 + S6 for $20 after $5 RZ certificate. I wasn't even planning on picking up Seinfeld on dvd even though I like the show since they're pretty expensive and they're syndicated frequently, but this deal was too good to pass up(4 out of 5 volumes for less than the list price of a single season). I figure it's worth having them for archival purposes and to have the uncut, original episodes in a format where I can easily convert them for my needs, not to mention the extras. Thanks OP + contributors.

so is each seinfeld season being 24.99 YMMV in stores or is it a national price? because i know that online, each volume is still 39.99.....

oh, and when does this offer end, does anyone know the exact date?

thanks

[quote name='mjkusy13']so is each seinfeld season being 24.99 YMMV in stores or is it a national price? because i know that online, each volume is still 39.99.....
[/QUOTE]

24.99 should be done. AFAIK, it was a deal for a week, starting last Sunday. As for the B1G1 end date, see title of post.

yea the seinfeld season 6, stargate 8 and newsradio are all back to regular price, i am hoping they will have another sale with more sexy loss leaders next week.

bread's done
Back