Updated: X-Men Arcade-$9.99 Dec 14/15 psn and xbla.

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/113/1138945p1.html

Konami has confirmed to IGN it will release X-Men Arcade for Xbox Live Arcade next week on Wednesday, Dec. 15. Pricing details have not been revealed.

The publisher was unable to comment when PlayStation Network will see the game, but we should know more soon.

This re-release of the popular 1992 arcade title includes four-player local, six-player online, and drop-in multiplayer support. X-Men Arcade will also have high-definition menus and online leaderboards.

Update: Konami has confirmed to IGN that X-Men Arcade will be available through PlayStation Network on Dec. 14, a day before the Xbox Live Arcade version.

Pricing for the game is 800 Microsoft Points and $9.99.
800 MS POINTS- INSTABUY!

Last edited by a moderator:
pre-release:
OMG THIS WAS THE BEST GAME EVER SO AMAZING I TOTALLY REMEMBER THIS FROM MY CHILDHOOD

post-release:
WTF? THIS GAME IS ONLY A HALF HOUR LONG? WHERE ARE THE UNLOCKABLES? WHY'S THE AI SO CHEAP?!! fuck THIS SHIT ARGGGHHHHHHH I HATE MY LIFE

Yeah, I played it again recently and beat the whole game in about an hour, if that. Really underwhelming. Looking back, it seemed a lot better.

[quote name='smarkbran']This HAS to be 800 points. Anything more will be fucking robbery.[/QUOTE]

How much did they charge for Turtles in Time the Retarded Version That Nobody Likes and Will Always be Alone?

The problem isn't so much that the game is 30 minutes, it's that it's a bad 30 minutes. Konami's beat em ups were never good, you were just 10 at the time.

Now Capcom. That's a company that knows how to apply fists to faces.

[quote name='Chacrana']The problem isn't so much that the game is 30 minutes, it's that it's a bad 30 minutes. Konami's beat em ups were never good, you were just 10 at the time.

Now Capcom. That's a company that knows how to apply fists to faces.[/QUOTE]

Truth. Give me some Capt. Commando, Punisher, Knights of the Round, or Dungeons and Dragons over TMNT/X-men.

I would buy the Simpsons game though, but that's as a simpsons fan and not a gamer.

[quote name='Chacrana']The problem isn't so much that the game is 30 minutes, it's that it's a bad 30 minutes. Konami's beat em ups were never good, you were just 10 at the time.

Now Capcom. That's a company that knows how to apply fists to faces.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

My favorite arcade games of all time are X Men, The Simpsons, TMNT, Bucky O Hare, and Sunset Riders. All are Konami games and yes I have played them all within the last year. I have yet to get tired of them.

Big laughs at claiming Capcom's fighters are so much better than Konami's. Saying you only liked, say, X-Men because you were 10 at the time, then implying something like Final Fight is much better and is great no matter what age you are is hilarious.

I'll buy this X-Men game for sure as long as it's 800 pts or less. I'm a little concerned they'll charge 1200 for it "because it is 6-player" or some other bullshit reason.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Big laughs at claiming Capcom's fighters are so much better than Konami's. [/QUOTE]

Martial Champions > Street Fighter 1

[quote name='KaneRobot']Big laughs at claiming Capcom's fighters are so much better than Konami's. Saying you only liked, say, X-Men because you were 10 at the time, then implying something like Final Fight is much better and is great no matter what age you are is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. Turtles in Time SNES may be the greatest beat 'em up of all time. Simpsons was great and Batman Returns was pretty badass.

I wouldn't say Capcom's beat 'em ups were 'so much better' but they were certainly more consistent. Knights of the Round, King of Dragons, Aliens vs. Predator, Captain Commando, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Punisher, Dungeons and Dragons, etc.

It was like when Konami either struck out or got a grand slam whereas Capcom was constantly slinging triples and homers if that makes any sense.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']The ign story has been updated. Price is 800 MS Points and it comes out on the 14th on PSN and the 15th on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Seems like they can't get there facts straight. At least it isn't a 2 month wait for PS3 owners. I'll be getting it day one.

Why would people be on the fence for $10 on this game? And why is $15 too much? I am glad it is ten, as I fully expected fifteen.

[quote name='Kreutz']Why would people be on the fence for $10 on this game? And why is $15 too much? I am glad it is ten, as I fully expected fifteen.[/QUOTE]

Because Turtles was 5.00.

10.00 is pretty steep for a game like this. I'll leave it up to my friends. If they all jump off a bridge, I'll follow.

[quote name='Kreutz']Why would people be on the fence for $10 on this game? And why is $15 too much? I am glad it is ten, as I fully expected fifteen.[/QUOTE]

Its a really short game. Like, really short. And with little to no true replay value.

Because people remember the glory days of XBLA, when 400 point games were common (especially arcade ports you can beat in an hour) and 800 point games were the big, meaty titles. The fact that we've gotten to the point of being glad an hour long game isn't 1200 points and fearing it might be 1600 points is pretty sad.

[quote name='advanced']Its a really short game. Like, really short. And with little to no true replay value.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? You can beat the game with all 6 characters.

I'm really curious to see if it'll keep the same music as the arcade. I remember as a kid I wrote to Konami and wanted to buy the soundtrack, and they answered me and said that it was TM'd by Sony or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']What do you mean? You can beat the game with all 6 characters.

I'm really curious to see if it'll keep the same music as the arcade. I remember as a kid I wrote to Konami and wanted to buy the soundtrack, and they answered me and said that it was TM'd by Sony or something.[/QUOTE]

No character progression or true replay value. The end result is always the same, no reason to go through it with more than one character really. Its like saying "Sonic 3 has replay value because you can beat it with Sonic, Tails, Sonic with Tails, or Knuckles."

I wouldn't expect any of those for an arcade port from the 80's/90's, but for 800 points,? Yeah. I guess I would.

[quote name='advanced']No character progression or true replay value. The end result is always the same, no reason to go through it with more than one character really. Its like saying "Sonic 3 has replay value because you can beat it with Sonic, Tails, Sonic with Tails, or Knuckles."

I wouldn't expect any of those for an arcade port from the 80's/90's, but for 800 points,? Yeah. I guess I would.[/QUOTE]

There's an achievement for beating this with all characters.

When does it go up on PSN? I remember the FotNS demo didn't go up until like 6-7pm cst.

[quote name='2DMention']There's an achievement for beating this with all characters.

When does it go up on PSN? I remember the FotNS demo didn't go up until like 6-7pm cst.[/QUOTE]

For me its anywhere from 6-9 EST usually. It varies to much.

[quote name='2DMention']There's an achievement for beating this with all characters.
[/QUOTE]

Ok? Still doesn't give it true replay value.

I will if you plan PSN.

I still have to figure out how the bluetooth headset works for PS3... I've never used it.

Does anyone know if Amazon has codes you can download the game with when it launches? I'd rather buy from there so I don't have to buy $20 worth of PSN points.

I could play this game a 100 times over and over. I have before. There's no telling how many times I've beat it.

I hear ya, I can too. Although I had a 4pl cab of the original arcade game and I did overplay it.

[quote name='2DMention']I will if you plan PSN.

.[/QUOTE]

Lame. Nah getting it on the Xbox. My kids want to play with me and I have 3 Xbox controllers, but only 2 PS3.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Lame. Nah getting it on the Xbox. My kids want to play with me and I have 3 Xbox controllers, but only 2 PS3.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I'd like to get it for xbox but, I don't have live and don't plan on getting it. I know more friends who will be playing on PS3.

bread's done
Back