[Video added] CheapyD Back on Bloomberg TV (9/14/06)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I've been invited back to appear on Bloomberg TV, a financial news service, to speak about this week's Nintendo press conferences and other video game related news. It is scheduled to air live Thursday, September 14th at 9:50pm EST. If you have cable (and Bloomberg TV), tune in!
UPDATE: Sorry guys, Bloomberg TV in the US changed their schedule and didn't have that segment broadcasted. I'm getting a copy of the clip next week and hopefully can get it online.

UPDATE #2: Got the DVD today. Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQl9U7xpW18
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQl9U7xpW18[/media]
To embed this DVD on another website, cut and paste this code:
Code:
Or you can just use the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQl9U7xpW18

I always wondered this: are these 'status building' interviews, or do you get a small amount o' money for them?

I'd hate to be on the news channel interview circuit all fucking day long if I wasn't getting money for it, like that foolio who gave away $300,000 of furniture this weekend.

You wussed out on us last time. We need a "massive damage" reference, like "Sony's reputation has taken massive damage" or something. We're counting on you.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You wussed out on us last time. We need a "massive damage" reference, like "Sony's reputation has taken massive damage" or something. We're counting on you.[/quote]
To make it easy, let's give him actual lines he can add to a script. For example, "Sony's price is it's weak point, and Microsoft and Nintendo have been attacking it for massive damage."

This time around you should wear a cap on its side, a baggy t shirt and some Big Ass Chains, while flipping your Cheap Ass Gangsta signs.

Haha, glad to hear you're having another interview.

[quote name='botticus']To make it easy, let's give him actual lines he can add to a script. For example, "Sony's price is it's weak point, and Microsoft and Nintendo have been attacking it for massive damage."[/QUOTE]

Second'd. Oh, and wear some CAG shwag. And perhaps correct the guy when he says "P3" or something. You gotta do it cheapy, for great justice!

make sure to make an analogy with a big giant crab. Something like "winning the next gen console wars is like fighting a giant crab, and nintendo feels its Wii can flip the crab over and do massive damage on its weak points".

if this is said I will send you a check for 1 American dollar postmarked for the year 2299.

ok, this time cheappy tell the investors that they very watch the position sony has put itself in regards of price and avalibility and make sure they start losing faith in blu-ray.....by the way folks just heard the latest podcast of next-gen.biz and they said that there is currently an option in hd-dvd that allows for having regular dvd and hd-dvd in the same disc, this could spell doomsday for the ps3 and sony's blu-ray hopes........and dont bash me sony.....hd-dvd is just doing what sony hyped for when they released the ps2, saying that it was backwards compatible.....so now we have hd-dvd's that can be played on a regular dvd player, so then when u upgrade to hd-dvd player, u can see your movie in HD!

Good luck Cheapy. I'll look for the youtube link, because for some reason, Comcast doesn't carry Bloomberg TV, or it's just not included in my lineup.

Wow, nice job CheapyD, I'll be sure to watch it.

I think the massive damage thing is definitely workable, but come on people. We don't want CheapyD to look like some biased fanboy.

I hope someone can record it though. I'm going to miss it cause I'll still be at work. Maybe you'll start to be a regular on that show now, or replace that one guy that interviewed you last time.:D

[quote name='Ma12kez']I hope someone can record it though. I'm going to miss it cause I'll still be at work. Maybe you'll start to be a regular on that show now, or replace that one guy that interviewed you last time.:D[/quote]

There will most definitely be a copy of the show on YouTube, I think it was up within a couple of hours last time.

And I hate that guy, he looks like he would be a real asshole if you met him in person.

[quote name='yukine']There will most definitely be a copy of the show on YouTube, I think it was up within a couple of hours last time.

And I hate that guy, he looks like he would be a real asshole if you met him in person.[/quote]
Oh alright, sounds good to me. As for that guy, actually to me he wouldn't seem as much of an asshole, but instead more of a confused person.

"Does your mom, does your dog own stock in Nintendo or anything of full disclosure?":whistle2:k

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Did everyone miss my link where you could watch it live on their website?[/quote]
Actually, yes. Thanks.

I'm confident Cheapy will not mention "massive damage", "giant enemy crabs", or especially "big ass chains, nigger" on the TV station his wife is employed at.

However, he would have little to no excuse if he was on something like, "Attack of the Show". Maybe Wombat has some idea how to get some (cable) network airtime like that?

[quote name='mykevermin']I always wondered this: are these 'status building' interviews, or do you get a small amount o' money for them? [/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you...

I'd imagine they don't get paid because most people are intrigued by the idea of being on TV...

Anyone know?

I'm just hoping that the idiot who was interviewing last time isn't back. That guy didn't have a clue what he was talking about. That would be okay, if he could have put together a coherent sentence without mis-pronouncing some of the big words.

Sometimes, I really worry about the people reporting the news.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I'm just hoping that the idiot who was interviewing last time isn't back. That guy didn't have a clue what he was talking about. That would be okay, if he could have put together a coherent sentence without mis-pronouncing some of the big words.

Sometimes, I really worry about the people reporting the news.

TBW[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Everyone loves the P3!

[quote name='gunm']I'm confident Cheapy will not mention "massive damage", "giant enemy crabs", or especially "big ass chains, nigger" on the TV station his wife is employed at.
[/quote]She doesn't work there. Mrs Cheapy works for an insurance company.

Also:
1) not getting paid
2) different interviewer this time, Cathy Yang
x_cathyyang2.jpg

I'm looking forward to it, though I'll have to wait for the Youtube video since I don't have the channel and won't be around for it anyway.

[quote name='CheapyD']She doesn't work there. Mrs Cheapy works for an insurance company.

Also:
1) not getting paid
x_cathyyang2.jpg
[/quote]

I think she'll make a better interviewer. :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']She doesn't work there. Mrs Cheapy works for an insurance company.

Also:
1) not getting paid
x_cathyyang2.jpg
[/quote]

Oops, my bad!

So now there's no excuse! :O

[quote name='gunm']Oops, my bad!

So now there's no excuse! :O[/QUOTE]

haha well shes japanese so she probably knows more about gaming then the last guy that interviewed cheapyd.

Hmmm does this mean no cagcast this week? Its thursday....

nice, I'll be checking it out tonight

EDIT: Damn, just checked out my local listings and looks like Bloomberg TV isn't part of my cable package. Hopefully it'll somehow be recorded so I could see it.

[quote name='botticus']To make it easy, let's give him actual lines he can add to a script. For example, "Sony's price is it's weak point, and Microsoft and Nintendo have been attacking it for massive damage."[/QUOTE]

That'd be awesome, also could you shout out SolidDragon and/or the CAG Unit?

Big ASS CHAINS!!!

bread's done
Back