Wii U - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='Blaster man']It's supposed to be on "all consoles" right? It might be more interesting to compare it to the 360 and PS3 versions.[/QUOTE]

If the developers were smart, they'd down port it since the architectures are similar, and therefore easier than up-porting it.

[quote name='GHmanRON']Picked up a Wii U today. I got the deluxe bundle with NSMBU. Man, that update was no joke![/QUOTE]

Was New Super Mario Brothrs U included in the bundle or are you saying you got it as well as the bundle? I heard somewhere had it as pack in bundle but have yet to find one. I plan to get the Zombiu deluxe bundle if I don't find a better deal when tax return hits the bank.

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought everyone already knew that about the PS3 -> PS4. Folks have been saying that for months (over a year really). On my podcast (that people keep telling me has bad information but constantly turns out to be right) they said this 18 months ago. The reason is because the hardware is so different. The 720 will probably run 360 games though.[/QUOTE]

I'm specifically talking about PSN content... you know the stuff you buy digitally?

If you have a PSN account with your game purchase history on your account, why wouldn't the game licences transfer to the PS4 (like they do for the PSP, PS3, and Vita)?

It really is disheartening if they re-release these PSN games on PS4 and charge you for the same games you purchased on PS3 just because it is on another interface. At least give your paying customers an option to transfer the licence to the new console when the games are released.

The reasoning that "the hardware is so different" is not a valid excuse when they will be releasing these games on the new network.

[quote name='antlp89']I'm specifically talking about PSN content... you know the stuff you buy digitally?

If you have a PSN account with your game purchase history on your account, why wouldn't the game licences transfer to the PS4 (like they do for the PSP, PS3, and Vita)?

It really is disheartening if they re-release these PSN games on PS4 and charge you for the same games you purchased on PS3 just because it is on another interface. At least give your paying customers an option to transfer the licence to the new console when the games are released.

The reasoning that "the hardware is so different" is not a valid excuse when they will be releasing these games on the new network.[/QUOTE]

Transfer of licenses is not the issue, it is that, at least currently the PS4 will not have any BC with the PS3 or PSN games, with the change in architecture being cited as the cause. How that might change going forward and how Gaikai streaming fits in is not clear.

[quote name='Deader2818']what exactly has this podcast been proven to be right on anyways?[/QUOTE]
Console announcements prior to E3 were predicted long ago. Sony announcing before MS. Console launches in 2013 despite people saying the current stuff is "good enough" and there won't be launches until 2014. No BC for PS4. They predicted the next Xbox will launch BEFORE the PS4. Specifically they predicted an August/September launch for Xbox and a holiday 2013 launch for the PS4. Some other stuff I can't remember.

edit:
One thing was that the Xbox 720 was to launch last year but MS felt that the Kinect was helping bring in enough money that they could delay a year. If true, we're going to see a lot of games launch with the 720.

I think ive only seen one poster really going on about how they won't launch till 2014.

And no one disputed anything about Sony and MS announcing their systems before E3.

The general feeling in the gaming community is that the current stuff is still good though.

Sony announcing before MS was just weird though considering the head of Sony did say they would let Microsoft make the first move, lol.

The dates will be interesting to see. The Xbox launched on Nov 15th 2001 and 360 Nov 16th 2005.

Sony has released their systems in 3 different months though so who knows with them.

[quote name='Deader2818']I think ive only seen one poster really going on about how they won't launch till 2014.

And no one disputed anything about Sony and MS announcing their systems before E3.

The general feeling in the gaming community is that the current stuff is still good though.

Sony announcing before MS was just weird though considering the head of Sony did say they would let Microsoft make the first move, lol.

The dates will be interesting to see. The Xbox launched on Nov 15th 2001 and 360 Nov 16th 2005.

Sony has released their systems in 3 different months though so who knows with them.[/QUOTE]

If you google Xbox launch September 2013 you'll see a bunch of articles talking about chip production problems (from last year) that might delay the September launch. I doubt MS will let low production yields stop them from launching. It didn't matter with the 360.

I would hope Microsoft wouldn't want to deal with that miss again but it is Microsoft.

If the releases 2 broken consoles in a row though, I would think that would just completely piss everyone off and swear them off of xbox.

Tried the Monster Hunter demo just now and man is it duuuuuumb.

Attacking the same monster for 10 mins or more seemingly doing damage but not sure how much...a really finicky camera...I've got to be missing something here because that was not fun at all.

[quote name='Deader2818']I would hope Microsoft wouldn't want to deal with that miss again but it is Microsoft.

If the releases 2 broken consoles in a row though, I would think that would just completely piss everyone off and swear them off of xbox.[/QUOTE]

Until Halo 5 comes around.

[quote name='ZForce915']Tried the Monster Hunter demo just now and man is it duuuuuumb.

Attacking the same monster for 10 mins or more seemingly doing damage but not sure how much...a really finicky camera...I've got to be missing something here because that was not fun at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I chased and kept fighting a monster for 15 minutes and I ran out of time. I really hope I'm missing something here because I want to want this game.

Same here - I tried the killer bunny one twice now and despite pummeling the thing, I ran out of time both times. It seems like maybe it was starting to get hurt - it was acting differently and would pause to catch its breath and such. I think that hints at the appeal - you don't have a health meter but there are subtle changes in behavior that clue you in. But still, it would have been nice to finish the thing off to see what happens. I fought the flying fish monster (the "hard" one) once and got killed eventually but I was almost out of time then too. I also didn't realize that you have more than 1 type of potion and you can switch to the others when you run out of the first one. That would have kept me alive but the timer would have run out soon anyway. In that one you have to go into the water (and swim) to attack which is even more sluggish than on land.

The combat feels like a much more sluggish version of Demon/Dark Souls minus the critical lock-on and dodge abilities. So I'm not sure about getting it myself. On the other hand, my 5 year-old son can't stop talking about the game. He loves the different monsters (especially the dinosaurs and crocodile-like things that were roaming around the world). I'm not saying it is for kids because it seems pretty damn hardcore, but he would love watching me play this. He asked me if there were more than 2 bosses in the real game and I told him I heard the thing was chock full of bosses - that was sort of the point.

I think the demo really could have used more intro missions to explain the mechanics of the game and give new players some time to get used to the controls.

The demo felt extremely bare bones to be honest.

Capcom may have shot themselves in the foot with the demo by limiting each section to only 20 minutes and making the boss missions the only options to try out. Also doesn't help that there wasn't any online co-op so players could help each other explain things. For me the online play is the main meat of the game and to leave this out of the demo is an odd decision.

This demo seems to cater to Monster Hunter veterans who already know how to play the game. I was able to kill the easy boss on the first try but I can see how it would be frustrating for new players to fight that right off the bat.

If you are still on the fence I would try out the Wii version of Monster Hunter Tri as it can be found under $10 and will give you a much better feel for the game rather than potentially wasting $60.

Edit: I personally love the game and think you all should try out the original Tri to get a better take on the game. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo to MH Tri almost made me cancel my preorder back when it came out on the Wii.

It was like setting you up to fight a boss in RPG type game fully equipped and the demo mission was to defeat a boss. No tutorial, no item explanation, no item collecting or weapon and armor development. They just threw you out there in cookie cutter gear mold and you had to figure it out yourself.

It felt limiting and shallow. I'm guessing this demo gave off a similar feeling?

I knew there had to be more to the game so I took a chance and stayed with my MH Tri preorder. I ended up putting 100 hours into it with a group of CAGs (Daisy, Botticus, King Broly and a handful of others).

I enjoyed crafting my own weapons, armor, gear and items from the environment and big game kills. I liked how we had to strategically plan ahead after getting destroyed the first time when encountering a new Boss level monster. I also enjoyed the deeper learning curve the some of the weapons had (the lance ended up being my favorite weapon since it allowed you to tank anything if your timing and rhythm was right).

This series is less hack, slash and loot and more Punch Out!! in it's combat. Your moves must be deliberate on offense and defense. Yes there are some Glass Joe monsters in the beginning but those are just to get you accustomed to the buttons and give you some confidence before some big Tyson comes and takes it away from you.

[quote name='io']Same here - I tried the killer bunny one twice now and despite pummeling the thing, I ran out of time both times. It seems like maybe it was starting to get hurt - it was acting differently and would pause to catch its breath and such. I think that hints at the appeal - you don't have a health meter but there are subtle changes in behavior that clue you in. But still, it would have been nice to finish the thing off to see what happens. I fought the flying fish monster (the "hard" one) once and got killed eventually but I was almost out of time then too. I also didn't realize that you have more than 1 type of potion and you can switch to the others when you run out of the first one. That would have kept me alive but the timer would have run out soon anyway. In that one you have to go into the water (and swim) to attack which is even more sluggish than on land.
roaming around the world). I'm not saying it is for kids because it seems pretty damn hardcore, but he would love watching me play this. He asked me if there were
The combat feels like a much more sluggish version of Demon/Dark Souls minus the critical lock-on and dodge abilities. So I'm not sure about getting it myself. On the other hand, my 5 year-old son can't stop talking about the game. He loves the different monsters (especially the dinosaurs and crocodile-like things that were more than 2 bosses in the real game and I told him I heard the thing was chock full of bosses - that was sort of the point.[/QUOTE]

They don't have lock-on for the fact that attacking different parts of a Monster's anatomy does more damage.

In the normal game you usually have 50-minutes to kill a monster, but the game doesn't tell you where it is, nor does it mark it. The game has a lot of strategy to it that they really don't put in the demo, and everyone who's played a Monster Hunter game before will tell you that the demos for Monster Hunter up to this point have sucked ass.

And yes, Monster Hunter has a lot of bosses, but it isn't all bosses all the time like the demo would lead you to believe. There's forging, cooking, resource collection, repeatable side-quests to expand shops. There's online, which is a major portion of the game (local multiplayer is why it's so popular in Japan) which is where stuff like the lack of lock-on really comes into play.

Having played Monster Hunter before I loved the demo just because it let me get a little taste of how the new one plays, but I can easily see how if you never played one before it wouldn't be a great demo. There's no tutorial and it would be really helpful if they even pointed out that there was a manual you could access to learn how to play. As for the game itself, I'm going through all of the weapons and am having a blast, beat Lagombi with nearly all of them except the bowguns/bow, and only tried the plesioth with the Hunting Horn but beat it on the first try, really looking forward to playing this with my friends online.

The demo to MH Tri almost made me cancel my preorder back when it came out on the Wii.

It was like setting you up to fight a boss in RPG type game fully equipped and the demo mission was to defeat a boss. No tutorial, no item explanation, no item collecting or weapon and armor development. They just threw you out there in cookie cutter gear mold and you had to figure it out yourself.

It felt limiting and shallow. I'm guessing this demo gave off a similar feeling?

I knew there had to be more to the game so I took a chance and stayed with my MH Tri preorder. I ended up putting 100 hours into it with a group of CAGs (Daisy, Botticus, King Broly and a handful of others).

This series is less hack, slash and loot and more Punch Out!! in it's combat. Your moves must be deliberate on offense and defense. Yes there are some Glass Joe level monsters in the beginning but those are just to get you accustomed to the buttons and give you some confidence before they present some Tyson caliber monsters and they take it away from you.

I enjoyed crafting my own weapons, armor, gear and items from the environment and big game kills. I liked how we had to strategically plan ahead after getting destroyed the first time when encountering a new Boss level monster. I also enjoyed the deeper learning curve the some of the weapons had (the lance ended up being my favorite weapon since it allowed you to tank anything if your timing and rhythm was right).

Also I found it odd that you can't play off-screen, but it says it supports pro controller. Huh?

I tried the 3DS version to see if it would be better but it's just as cryptic. At least they put the map on the bottom screen. It was kind of funny. I found the bunny in the corner of one region, and it would hit me and knock me into another region. I'd turn around, go back in and accidentally end up in the wrong place, over and over.

I can envision how co-op would make fighting easier, but why wouldn't they put it in the demo?

Played MH before? Cool demo. Start with some pretty cool equipment, able to try higher level bosses, jump right into the boss fight (boss perma-tagged, no need to use paintballs), check out "HD" graphics.

Never played MH before? What a terrible demo. No instruction/explanation of anything (WiiU menu has the manual, but even that doesn't tell much), almost guaranteed to not be able to hunt the monster in the time limit, both monsters are "boss" hunts so too much health to make it feel like you've accomplished anything, etc.

Should have had 2 veteran hunts (these) and 2 newbie hunts such as a gathering mission, or hunting X of the smaller type enemies to bring new players in and make them feel like they have actually accomplished something.

Actually preferred the 3DS version, and thought the 3D effect on it was pretty damn good (which I wasn't expecting).

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Also I found it odd that you can't play off-screen, but it says it supports pro controller. Huh?

I tried the 3DS version to see if it would be better but it's just as cryptic. At least they put the map on the bottom screen. It was kind of funny. I found the bunny in the corner of one region, and it would hit me and knock me into another region. I'd turn around, go back in and accidentally end up in the wrong place, over and over.

I can envision how co-op would make fighting easier, but why wouldn't they put it in the demo?[/QUOTE]

With how the map was on the lower screen for the 3DS version, in the final game you can choose what shows up on the bottom screen and what stays on the TV. So if you would rather have the map on the gamepad for the WiiU version you can do that. As for the pro controllers, I believe you still have stuff on the gamepad while you are using that, since I remember them showing a picture where the guy was playing and had the gamepad in a stand on the side so he could look at the info on it without having to look down, although that doesn't mean that off-screen play shouldn't be in (to me it's not a huge deal though)

[quote name='Zmonkay']Played MH before? Cool demo. Start with some pretty cool equipment, able to try higher level bosses, jump right into the boss fight (boss perma-tagged, no need to use paintballs), check out "HD" graphics.

Never played MH before? What a terrible demo. No instruction/explanation of anything (WiiU menu has the manual, but even that doesn't tell much), almost guaranteed to not be able to hunt the monster in the time limit, both monsters are "boss" hunts so too much health to make it feel like you've accomplished anything, etc.
[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I'd be much more likely to have given this a shot if they didn't even bother with a demo. My interest in the series is based on recommendations like your own, but now that I also have a taste for the gameplay I'm almost certain I'll never pick it up.

A bad demo is poison.

[quote name='Corvin']I assume he's referring to the WiiU being the Dreamcast of this generation. If the WiiU is barely better than a PS3 it will be interesting to see how much better the PS4/720 look.[/QUOTE]
Going by the leaked specks the WiiU looks closer the the PS2 of this generation than the Dreamcast.

The one pleasant surprise for MH was that I was able to use the Wii Classic Controller Pro. I found using the Gamepad as a controller to be too difficult. It was much easier using the classic controller pro. I guess I thought they'd force you to get the new Wii U Pro Controller. But then I remembered this isn't Sony or MS ;). Not enough is being said about Nintendo allowing the use of Wii peripherals on the Wii U which results in significant savings for those who had a Wii. All everyone can talk about (on podcasts and such) is the January sales numbers...

In any case, I'm kind of glad now that Newegg hosed me on my Pro controller preorder (kept it till January, then charged me, then cancelled and refunded). Looks like I won't need it until I can get one really cheap.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Going by the leaked specks the WiiU looks closer the the PS2 of this generation than the Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k The third worst spec-wise instead of fourth? (Xbox -> GCN -> PS2 -> DC)

I was referring to the year head start. Dreamcast games were visually impressive for the year they had prior to the GCN, PS2 & Xbox but was easily overshadowed once those launched. Quite possibly the way this will shake out for the WiiU.

[quote name='Corvin']:whistle2:k The third worst spec-wise instead of fourth? (Xbox -> GCN -> PS2 -> DC)

I was referring to the year head start. Dreamcast games were visually impressive for the year they had prior to the GCN, PS2 & Xbox but was easily overshadowed once those launched. Quite possibly the way this will shake out for the WiiU.[/QUOTE]

It's not an apples:apples situation, though. DC's problem was timing. WIIU's problem has nothing to do with timing.

Nintendo's following up the most successful console release in their entire history. AND its predecessor was one that liberated them from the expectation that they had to match their competitors' specs to compete. So the timing on the WIIU is just fine. N's problem is they don't have a plan. That shows up in the tablet production problems; the game development delays; the Launch Date vs. Launch Window; the OS, TVii, and updates; the weird marketing that still doesn't make sense after repeated views; the goofy E3s; etc.

However, the lack of a plan is a problem that isn't necessarily going to sink the WIIU. So long as Sony stays vague with the PS4 and MS hems and haws on the 720, Nintendo's got a chance. It looks like they'll get two whole holidays being the uncontested "new" console, which is a big deal. If the DC would've had that kind of pressure-free environment, who knows what would've happened.

I guess the DC comparison actually makes me more hopeful for the WIIU. Well done.

Nintendo's franchises are way better than Sega's, so there's no comparison between WiiU and DC. Plus Nintendo is making money on the console (even if they say with one game sale) and when you aren't losing money (like Sega was with DC) you can stay in as long as you want.

[quote name='Corvin']:whistle2:k The third worst spec-wise instead of fourth? (Xbox -> GCN -> PS2 -> DC)

I was referring to the year head start. Dreamcast games were visually impressive for the year they had prior to the GCN, PS2 & Xbox but was easily overshadowed once those launched. Quite possibly the way this will shake out for the WiiU.[/QUOTE]
I was more referring to xbox and ps4 being 3-5 time more powerful that the will U rather than(similar to the xbox and GC vs PS2 ratio) instead of last gen where the xbox and ps3 where 6-10 times as powerful as the wii(closer to a xbox CG vs DC ratio)

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I heard Runner 2 is coming out today

Found one review so far, 9/10 http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/26/bittrip-presents-runner-2-future-legend-review[/QUOTE]
I hope people support this (I would if I had a console it was being released on), as I'm sure the higher production values taxed Gaijin Games' budget much more than the original Bit.Trip series did.

Plus it would give Wii U owners something to play until MH3 Ultimate comes out. Charles Martinet performing the narration is also a pretty sweet bonus.

[quote name='io']The one pleasant surprise for MH was that I was able to use the Wii Classic Controller Pro. I found using the Gamepad as a controller to be too difficult. It was much easier using the classic controller pro. I guess I thought they'd force you to get the new Wii U Pro Controller. But then I remembered this isn't Sony or MS ;). Not enough is being said about Nintendo allowing the use of Wii peripherals on the Wii U which results in significant savings for those who had a Wii. All everyone can talk about (on podcasts and such) is the January sales numbers...

In any case, I'm kind of glad now that Newegg hosed me on my Pro controller preorder (kept it till January, then charged me, then cancelled and refunded). Looks like I won't need it until I can get one really cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yes because we totally couldn't play the ps2 with a ps1 controller or a ps3 with a ps2/ps1 controller with a cheap adapter......oh wait:roll:

[quote name='renique46']Yes because we totally couldn't play the ps2 with a ps1 controller or a ps3 with a ps2/ps1 controller with a cheap adapter......oh wait:roll:[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the PS4 having new controllers and supposedly not working with the PS3 ones (except Move - which is nice at least). And who the hell would have wanted to use a PS2 controller on the PS3? That move (to wireless) was a good one.

It was also more meant as a response to people saying Nintendo fails at everything and Sony and MS are going to blow them away. There are a few things that Nintendo is doing right this time around that the others aren't (BC for both games and controllers being one). (And yes, I fully understand why the PS4 has no BC, but from a value standpoint that makes the Wii U a decent buy even at the current price - and yet people keep harping on the price).

Personally I think if the PS4/720 launches for more than $400 then the Wii U has a great chance of thriving. Not for the hardcore CoD/Halo crowd but for kids. Because if you told a unknowing parent, hey pay $350 for this new console with this cool tablet or $500 for a 720, I think the parents will take the extra $150.

Either way happy I have a WiiU. Every time I turn it on, I feel happy. Just the whole miiverse really as pointless as it is, just is great. It feels more of a community than a gaming system. When I turn on my PS3, I turn on my PS3, I don't really show any emotion because my goal is to just get in a game and play.

I think I am gonna wait for a price drop on MH3. I mean it's a good game, but it's not I need to spend $60 on it good.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']

I think I am gonna wait for a price drop on MH3. I mean it's a good game, but it's not I need to spend $60 on it good.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've played 80% of this game 2 years ago. Should have known Capcom would have charged 60 for it.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']I'd like to see a MegaMan game on Wii U. Not a flashback to the 8 bit days or another friggin' Starforce entry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm tired of all the 8 bit homages to MegaMan. I want a new 3D styled one. A third-person adventure would be awesome, but I'd even take something in the style of Metroid: Other M.

I have a question for the group. How many of you are using a LAN adapter with your WiiU? The wireless on mine has worked flawlessly from day one but since I have a switch at my entertainment center I could easily hook my WiiU with a hardwired connection.

Best Buy carries an inexpensive LAN adapter for the Wii (which I assume is forward compatible with the WiiU) but I'm not sure if I'm just throwing money away. I'm just accustomed to hardwiring my consoles for stability.

[quote name='Rig']I have the official Nintendo adaptor for my Wii U. No complaints.[/QUOTE]

I've looked for the official one and I always find the knock offs.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have a question for the group. How many of you are using a LAN adapter with your WiiU? The wireless on mine has worked flawlessly from day one but since I have a switch at my entertainment center I could easily hook my WiiU with a hardwired connection.

Best Buy carries an inexpensive LAN adapter for the Wii (which I assume is forward compatible with the WiiU) but I'm not sure if I'm just throwing money away. I'm just accustomed to hardwiring my consoles for stability.[/QUOTE]

I'm using a Nyko one and it has worked perfectly. I was not aware there was an "official" one - all I see online are third-party ones. Ever since I got a new router 2-3 years ago I could never use my Wii online. More speciifcally, it would connect, but I was never able to download anything - it would always fail with those random error messages Nintendo likes to spew out at you. Then I had the same problem with the Wii U when I first hooked it up. As soon as I hooked up the LAN adapter, it worked flawlessly and much, much faster than my original Wii did before I switched routers. I have a NetGear router and I guess it is just incompatible with the Wii/Wii U (though it works fine with the DS/3DS - go figure).

I think some version of the adapter is on clearance at Fred Meyer - I should get one to hook up the Wii I am keeping. I never could download the copy of Fluidity I got from Club Nintendo like a year ago.

This is the one I ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Net-Conn...id=1362014696&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+lan+adapter

It was $16.51 when I got it ($17.41 now). I've downloaded all those big demos (MH3, Sonic Racing, etc) quick and effortlessly using this. With the wireless it would have been a nightmare of super-slow downloads and constant disconnects and incipherable error codes. I don't even know why Nintendo bothered with wireless on these things.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have a question for the group. How many of you are using a LAN adapter with your WiiU? The wireless on mine has worked flawlessly from day one but since I have a switch at my entertainment center I could easily hook my WiiU with a hardwired connection.

Best Buy carries an inexpensive LAN adapter for the Wii (which I assume is forward compatible with the WiiU) but I'm not sure if I'm just throwing money away. I'm just accustomed to hardwiring my consoles for stability.[/QUOTE]

I have decent Wifi but for some reason it sucks with my Wii U. I'm convinced I got a console with a turd wifi chip, so I ordered a rocketfist LAN adapter from eBay for $10, shipping included. Works perfectly. Screw the Nintendo brand name junk, this one worked like a charm.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Nintendo brand LAN adapter: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

The charging cradle's also on that site. Is it worth it for $8 + 5 shipping? I have a Wii U Basic[/QUOTE]
The charging cradle is like the 3DS's cradle. You don't need it, but it does give the controller a nice vertical stand/charger. If you want a vertical controller stand that also charges your controller, then yes, buy that. If your fine with the way you do it now, then don't bother.

[quote name='Rig']I got my LAN adapter from Nintendo's online store, mentioned here.[/QUOTE]

I think that as long as my wireless works I might just leave well enough alone since these LAN adapters are readily available if it ever stops working.

As for the charging cradle question? Get one, the gamepad looks slick on a stand.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']The charging cradle is like the 3DS's cradle. You don't need it, but it does give the controller a nice vertical stand/charger. If you want a vertical controller stand that also charges your controller, then yes, buy that. If your fine with the way you do it now, then don't bother.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I L:whee:VE the 3ds cradle. Finally somewhere to put the thing during netflix.

I don't see how I could even use the Wii U without the cradle. I'm not even sure how it charges otherwise. I guess a USB cable or something? Is it like the PS3 where the system has to be on to charge? That would never work for me since we sit 10 feet or more from the console when playing. With PS3 controllers I can swap them around (play on one, charge on the other). Obviously that doesn't work with the Wii U gamepad.

Even if it charges while off, I have no good place to put the pad where the system is - the stand gives it a spot and saves space.

The cradle is just like the 3DS' cradle, as the cable you plug into it is what you can stick into the device itself to charge it if you want to do it that way.

bread's done
Back