Wii U - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='moothemagiccow'] video [/QUOTE]
That's the single player mode which seems more like a racing game, which even the developer describes it as such. Seems like Chasing Aurora is more advertised as an asymmetrical multiplayer game than single player, although I read that they are working on an extended, single player exploration sequel / DLC.

Yeah, I would think a waste if you are just going to buy it solely for the SP mode...

[quote name='ActionKazimer']32gb Deluxe Wii U console with Nintendoland for 250. Good deal? MH coming out on Tuesday has me considering pulling the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a great deal to me, I paid $350 for the Zombiu deluxe bundle about 2 weeks ago and have not regretted my purchase at all.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']32gb Deluxe Wii U console with Nintendoland for 250. Good deal? MH coming out on Tuesday has me considering pulling the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Where?

how is a game not coming out for wiiu news? This is a dumb trend in 'news' sites that need to post something every twenty minutes. Also not coming to wiiu - thousands of other games

Mostly the reason its likely not getting a port is Saints Row IV is basically the same game as Saints row 3. The game was basically what they were going to do for DLC but instead made it a full on game.

If it was an actual new game, that would be out for PS4 and 720 as well, you would likely see it for Wii U

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']plus why would a new publisher put tons of money into wii u version when the system is having issues selling.[/QUOTE]

Volition wasn't just published by THQ, they were one of THQ's studios. So when THQ had it's studios auctioned, Volition was sold to Deep Silver.

[quote name='Deader2818']Mostly the reason its likely not getting a port is Saints Row IV is basically the same game as Saints row 3. The game was basically what they were going to do for DLC but instead made it a full on game.

If it was an actual new game, that would be out for PS4 and 720 as well, you would likely see it for Wii U[/QUOTE]
Actually they had a stand alone expansion coming out called "Enter the Dominatrix" that was going to be $29.99. That was cancelled and incorporated into Saint's Row 4 which was being developed at the same time. It's not right to say that they converted Enter the Dominatrix into Saint's Row 4. I know an unfortunate amount about what happened to THQ. Lost a lot of money on that stock because they purposely bankrupted the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Mostly the reason its likely not getting a port is Saints Row IV is basically the same game as Saints row 3. The game was basically what they were going to do for DLC but instead made it a full on game.

If it was an actual new game, that would be out for PS4 and 720 as well, you would likely see it for Wii U[/QUOTE]

that is a dumb reason lol plus there is a new publisher of the game and the way thq was having issues last two years i doudt they even were thinking about next gen systems. We are lucky to even have the good old thq games still going.

[quote name='Blaster man']Volition wasn't just published by THQ, they were one of THQ's studios. So when THQ had it's studios auctioned, Volition was sold to Deep Silver.

umm that's what i was talking about

[quote name='moothemagiccow']No wonder you cant afford a $300 system[/QUOTE]

I lost a lot. Made some back riding EA up from 13 to 19 then bought AAPL at 427 which looks like it may head to 550-650. Rumor is they may do a massive buyback and increase the dividend.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blaster man']I lost a lot. Made some back riding EA up from 13 to 19 then bought AAPL at 427 which looks like it may head to 550-650. Rumor is they may do a massive buyback and increase the dividend.[/QUOTE]

Or drop like a rock cause Jobs is dead.

It only dawned on me earlier today when a co-worker brought it up, but... the Wii U is seeing FOUR games released this week. That's, uh, more than we've seen total since launch, right? There was that god-awful Bond game in December and then... nothing?

Lego City, Monster Hunter, Need for Speed, The Walking Dead. It's not the most thrilling list in the world, sure, but... hey, games, right?

[quote name='elessar123']Or drop like a rock cause Jobs is dead.[/QUOTE]
It's up $12 today. They're still undervalued. A 13 p/e is typical for Apple which puts the appropriate price around $573. That doesn't account for them spending $50+ billion on stock buybacks. Jobs may be dead but the company is still bringing in 40 billion a year in free cash to add to the bank. Once it gets to around 550 I'll start thinking about selling depending on buybacks.

[quote name='007']It only dawned on me earlier today when a co-worker brought it up, but... the Wii U is seeing FOUR games released this week. That's, uh, more than we've seen total since launch, right? There was that god-awful Bond game in December and then... nothing?

Lego City, Monster Hunter, Need for Speed, The Walking Dead. It's not the most thrilling list in the world, sure, but... hey, games, right?[/QUOTE]

who knows when places will get lego city stores in my area told me they have no clue when they will get it and amazon still has a 2 -3 week delay

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']who knows when places will get lego city stores in my area told me they have no clue when they will get it and amazon still has a 2 -3 week delay[/QUOTE]

Gamestop told me today it should be there on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. GS.com is also updated with Wednesday as release date. Let's hope so...

It's great that the Wii U finally has some more games to play on the system that will hold us over till the next couple of big releases. At least for me I know that with Monster Hunter I'll get tons of hours of content and eventually I'll pick up Need For Speed when it drops in price/goes on sale in a month or so.

After this week we got Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 and then farther down the line we'll get Windwaker HD. I'm expecting Nintendo to release at least one or two titles this holiday as well.

There's other games coming out of course (Lego City, Rayman Legends, etc) but the previous mentioned games are what make the Wii U worth buying for me.

[quote name='antlp89']It's great that the Wii U finally has some more games to play on the system that will hold us over till the next couple of big releases. At least for me I know that with Monster Hunter I'll get tons of hours of content and eventually I'll pick up Need For Speed when it drops in price/goes on sale in a month or so.

After this week we got Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 and then farther down the line we'll get Windwaker HD. I'm expecting Nintendo to release at least one or two titles this holiday as well.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta 2 at some point.

Wonderful 101 is probably coming sooner than Pikmin 3 at this point considering the trailer for W101 just hit the eShop under coming soon. Not that I mind, cuz W101 was awesome from what I played, but...Pikmin 3.

And I just bought Darksiders 2 for $20, so...I'm getting 4 Wii U games this week :X

Has anyone had problems getting on the Assassins Creed III online servers for mutliplayer on the Wii U? I keep getting put in "limited mode". I'm left to wonder, is it the Ubisoft servers or is it my Wii U that's the problem?

Also, I'm not using WiFi. I have an Ethernet cable hooked up via USB. Anyone else experiencing this?

I understand that (uh, HUGELY) late ports aren't helping, but I'll own up... I loved Deus Ex:HR so much that I have no problem buying it again. It's the same situation I was in with ME3, a game I loved that actually got a pretty well designed port. I wish there were new games, but I have no issues supporting ports that actually had some effort put behind them.

I get that people were pissed about ME3 being announced and then EA going "HAHA, TRILOGY... but no, fuck you, you don't get it" was a slap, but ME3 was, hands down, the best port that the system got. It ran well, improved the gameplay, and had the smoothest screen switching on the system. Since it appears that Straight Right is also behind the DE port, I'm interested.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U is available on Origin for $30. It's a retail copy. I just bought it myself because the game must have a limited run. If I can readily find copies of MH3U on shelves but not LCU or NFS, something's wrong.

I went to TRU around noon and bought the, uh, one copy of NFS they had. Shit, I don't really want to wait, and I don't want to tie more money up by ordering from Origin. Decisions.

Oh, and Best Buy was nice enough to send me an e-mail that my Lego City pre-order had a date change. To yesterday. I, uh, okay. Sure. Unhelpful.

[quote name='KingBroly']Need For Speed Most Wanted U is available on Origin for $30. It's a retail copy. I just bought it myself because the game must have a limited run. If I can readily find copies of MH3U on shelves but not LCU or NFS, something's wrong.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. At the very worst I can sell it at cost if I don't like it.

fucking Gamestop. I just called and now they are saying Thursday for Lego City... and according to Bestbuy.com, they have it today. Figures...

My Best Buy was completely out of Lego City Undercover when I was there earlier. I managed to get Pikmin 2 Wii for $5, which I wasn't expecting to be there.

BestBuy.com immediately put Lego City on backorder today. I placed a pre-order back on Feb. 17th and apparently wasn't getting it any time soon. Luckily, CS was able to change it to an in-store pick up.

I just... what the hell is going on with Nintendo and distribution lately? Release date, games in store. It shouldn't be that difficult, right?

[quote name='007']BestBuy.com immediately put Lego City on backorder today. I placed a pre-order back on Feb. 17th and apparently wasn't getting it any time soon. Luckily, CS was able to change it to an in-store pick up.

I just... what the hell is going on with Nintendo and distribution lately? Release date, games in store. It shouldn't be that difficult, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dunno what's going on. They might be trying to entice people to go digital, but this would be a wrong way in going about it.

I might try and see if BB can change my LCU order to in-store pickup, although I got my copy of MH3U today (from the same order) so I might not be able to.

I can say that MH3U has A TON of improvements over the original, particularly the way you enter online mode, and how you can play the online specific stuff offline. So unlike Tri, when the servers go off, that content will still be available. You can also use the Gamepad for Voice Chat, which is nice.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, I dunno what's going on. They might be trying to entice people to go digital, but this would be a wrong way in going about it.

I might try and see if BB can change my LCU order to in-store pickup, although I got my copy of MH3U today (from the same order) so I might not be able to.

I can say that MH3U has A TON of improvements over the original, particularly the way you enter online mode, and how you can play the online specific stuff offline. So unlike Tri, when the servers go off, that content will still be available.[/QUOTE]

It's worth giving them a call... the other part of my order was ME3 that I got shipped to me over a month ago. As long as the store has it in-stock, it shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, I dunno what's going on. They might be trying to entice people to go digital, but this would be a wrong way in going about it.

I can say that MH3U has A TON of improvements over the original, particularly the way you enter online mode, and how you can play the online specific stuff offline. So unlike Tri, when the servers go off, that content will still be available. You can also use the Gamepad for Voice Chat, which is nice.[/QUOTE]

Do they still have the mandatory Tuesday morning server shutdowns? That's nice that the content is there even after shutting down the servers.

Also for anyone interested Mass Effect 3 and Madden 13 for the Wii U are also half off on origin.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/search/?keywords=wii+u

Like KingBroly I picked up NFS. Funny how I end up purchasing NFS before Monster Hunter. Would have never guessed that would have happened or that the game could be found half price on its release date. :hot:

I was looking at Miiverse and BAM Punch Out community.

I find the game a lot easier than on 3DS because you can set Star Punch to Y and not have to slam that awkward start button the 3ds has.

[quote name='foltzie']32MB for Punch Out? Odd.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Every VC game is wrapped in its' own custom emulator. Just like on Wii. Just like on 3DS.

[quote name='KingBroly']Not really. Every VC game is wrapped in its' own custom emulator. Just like on Wii. Just like on 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, duh on me, I knew this fact, but since on the Wii is obscured file size as blocks I never really thought about how large a given download was at any time.

Mea culpa

They also massively improved the Emulator on Wii U so that it supports Save States, Controller Mapping, Off-TV Play and Miiverse (although this last one is external).

[quote name='KingBroly']They also massively improved the Emulator on Wii U so that it supports Save States, Controller Mapping, Off-TV Play and Miiverse (although this last one is external).[/QUOTE]

So wait, will VC games be supported with Off-TV play?

[quote name='ActionKazimer']So wait, will VC games be supported with Off-TV play?[/QUOTE]

I think that is the reason it's taking a while to come out.

bread's done
Back