XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

Awesome...can't wait to see what other stuff they come up with.

Being how the first character appears to be the same guy next to the Blue Knight...I'm wondering if the rest of the characters to the right of him will be part of the unlockables:

Ive been wanting this game for about a year now, but I dont recall a price being stated.

Is it going to be 800 or 1200, does anyone know?

I would glady pay 1200 for this game.

[quote name='KiLL3r']I have a feeling that it's going to be 800 points just like Alien Hominid HD.[/quote]

or it could be 400! but you never know! hell ill pay 1500 points for this

I played a really sweet version that looked completely polished at Comic Con last year. What's the hold up with this game?
I'm guessing this thing is going to be at least 1000 points or something. This will be the first XBLA game I buy for sure.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re-LQDdnEWU&eurl=http://hight3ch.com/post/woman-complains-that-castlecrashers-is-a-racist-video-game/[/MEDIA]

For less than twenty dollars, I feel compelled to pick up that Super Soviet Missile Mastar tee shirt. Also, those cutesy characters make cute toys. Oh, and here's hoping the game's released soon, too. ;)

pbjokay.jpg

D:

It better be 800 points. Otherwise, no sale. I also hope that it's not in the style of 'Quarter Sucking Arcade Games' if you catch my drift.

[quote name='KingBroly']It better be 800 points. Otherwise, no sale. I also hope that it's not in the style of 'Quarter Sucking Arcade Games' if you catch my drift.[/quote]

I prefer 800 pts of course, but really, the game is worth so much more! Most 10 dollar games don't come with nearly as much bonus content (Unlockable Characters, animal orbs, collectible weapons, etc), heck, most FULL RETAIL games now-a-days don't come with this much! Regardless of the price, don't let it keep you from looking at this games worth with unbiased eyes.

And I actually hope "Quarter Sucking Arcade Games Hard" difficulty is at least an OPTION in the game. It'd be a horrible default, surely, but if it's just an option, it'd be very welcome.

I just went through the preview blog, and didn't realize the game was so full of... stuff. If the online play is smooth, I'm definitely getting it day 1.

It's mentioned on the Devblog now, that if you have the Full Alien Hominid HD game, you will unlock Alien Hominid as a character in CC from the start.

I'm sure you'll be able to unlock him in another way as well, but they did that as a bonus to people who got AHHD!

I think it's a neat little idea, personally.

[quote name='SAB-CA']It's mentioned on the Devblog now, that if you have the Full Alien Hominid HD game, you will unlock Alien Hominid as a character in CC from the start.

I'm sure you'll be able to unlock him in another way as well, but they did that as a bonus to people who got AHHD!

I think it's a neat little idea, personally.[/quote]

That's awesome!

Yeah! I have been waiting for a date on this forever.....

This game looks great and if it is only 800 points my head will explode with delight.

[quote name='SAB-CA']It's mentioned on the Devblog now, that if you have the Full Alien Hominid HD game, you will unlock Alien Hominid as a character in CC from the start.

I think it's a neat little idea, personally.[/quote]

That's pretty awesome, I can't wait to play as him.

From Kotaku:

According to the official Japanese Xbox 360 blog, August 6th's Braid will be setting gamers back 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), with Castle Crashes weighing in at 1800 Points ($22.50?) - the most expensive Live Arcade game yet. Note that these are Japanese prices, while also noting that they generally coincide with European and North American prices.

No fucking way am I paying 20 bucks.

While 1200 MSP for Braid and 1800/1600 MSP for Castle Crashers is a lot, I have plenty of free points, and just have been looking forward to them for so long, that I just about have to buy it. Just wish Castle Crashers would have gotten an earlier August release!

I'd pay $20 for it. Alien Hominid was about $20-30 when it was out on the PS2/GC, I don't see why this wouldn't be worth the same price. I know its digitally distributed so $20 would be a good price for it since they're not going to be producing discs and gamecases.

I mentioned in the other XBLA $10 crybaby thread that Castle Crashers would be expensive. It should come as no surprise to any of you, as hyped as it's been. Much like the Wii, the masses told the developer that they were willing to pay more than it's worth before it was released.

I hope Castle Crashers isn't a short game. I got a lot of those freepoints...so im getting it either way. It doesn't look like a 5 level, $10 game. It was expected to be more then a $10...dunno why people are shocked. It looks way better then any of the recent $10 games, so why would it come out at the same price.

Even if the game is short Belemoth gets my support. Its the only exclusive XBLA game that looks to be very promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back