XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
MLB Bobbleheads Pro is a really good sequel to the other Power Pros games.

Definitely recommended for fans of Baseball Stars and N64 All Star Baseball. They packed a ton of content in here for $10.

Brew Crew!

[quote name='cancerman1120']Awesome. I will pick up the badlands DLC but the Multiplayer stuff is most likely too old to bother with unless there is an actual MP community still. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I played a ton of multiplayer a year ago, small but active players. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the multiplayer DLC. I never got into a single game with what I purchased.

DO NOT BUY multiplayer DLC for Red Faction.

I have a question. Who do I contact about obtaining a refund? I bought the MoH Hot Zone DLC but to my surprise it was removed today from the quick match options. That's BS, they shouldn't be advertising DLC that isn't even available to play.

[quote name='htown01']I have a question. Who do I contact about obtaining a refund? I bought the MoH Hot Zone DLC but to my surprise it was removed today from the quick match options. That's BS, they shouldn't be advertising DLC that isn't even available to play.[/QUOTE]

There are no refunds for marketplace purchases. You can try calling support, but I doubt you'll get anywhere with it. This sounds more like something you should complain to EA about fixing.

[quote name='louiedog']There are no refunds for marketplace purchases. You can try calling support, but I doubt you'll get anywhere with it. This sounds more like something you should complain to EA about fixing.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Thanks. I am going to contact both MS and EA about his, I don't think MS should be advertising DLC for sale when the developer isn't even offering it online.

[quote name='sonnyforple']I played a ton of multiplayer a year ago, small but active players. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the multiplayer DLC. I never got into a single game with what I purchased.

DO NOT BUY multiplayer DLC for Red Faction.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was thinking it would be a waste of points:) A new single player part with 250 achievement points for $5 sounds good to me though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']what are some of the better / best games at the 800 MSP price? need something to pair with Torchlight for the 200 point rebate.[/QUOTE]

Half Minute Hero

The soon to be released Ms. Explosion Man

Outland

Bomberman

Puzzle Fighter 2

(just to name a few)

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']what are some of the better / best games at the 800 MSP price? need something to pair with Torchlight for the 200 point rebate.[/QUOTE]

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Half Minute Hero and Beyond Good & Evil

Picked up Stacking and glad I did. It's fun and being a huge fan of Costume Quest, it's keeping the double-fine vibe that I loved. I'll probably pick up the hobo king, but it would be great if it went on sale soon.

I think I'm going to hold off on stacking for now, I have to imagine it will go on sale again. Hopefully at 400. Normally I would grab it but I have so much to play at the moment plus ms. splosion man will be the first game in a very long time I pay full price for.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think I'm going to hold off on stacking for now, I have to imagine it will go on sale again. Hopefully at 400. Normally I would grab it but I have so much to play at the moment plus ms. splosion man will be the first game in a very long time I pay full price for.[/QUOTE]This. I'm really tempted, but I think I'll wait for the same reasons. I just started playing Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light, and Scott Pilgrim with my kids this past week, and I bought both of those games (on sale) quite a while ago. No rush for Stacking.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I think I'm going to hold off on stacking for now, I have to imagine it will go on sale again. Hopefully at 400.[/QUOTE]

It will likely go on sale again at some point, but I can't imagine it'll ever dip that low.
Maybe years from now.

[quote name='Gram']It will likely go on sale again at some point, but I can't imagine it'll ever dip that low.
Maybe years from now.[/QUOTE]

Probably the Christmas or black friday sale this year.

Penny Arcade 1 & 2

I bought Stacking and Torchlight but am holding off on HMH. The demo didn't really win me over and I would feel more comfortable paying 400 points for HMH. I might end up going with Beyond Good & Evil HD to qualify for the promo. Regardless, I will wait until the last week of July to buy the 2nd 800 point game.

Grabbed Torchlight and Stacking. Love Double Fine and really want Psychonauts 2 to come out, so I'm happy to do my part. Torchlight is stupid addictive, enjoying it immensely. What i would give for co-op to be added....

Late to the party, but what is this 200 points rebate, and how long will it last?

Is it (I'm guessing) buy 2 XBLA games over 800 points and get a 200 points rebate?

Torchlight is awesome, I knew it would be. Stacking have only played a tiny bit of, and I really enjoyed it. I love Double Fine games however, so I knew I would not regret my purchase. I so want to bite on Trenches but I am too cheap-if a game warrants full price purchase it would be that game!

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Late to the party, but what is this 200 points rebate, and how long will it last?

Is it (I'm guessing) buy 2 XBLA games over 800 points and get a 200 points rebate?[/QUOTE]

You need to be part of the XBL Rewards program to qualify.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

[quote name='Blaster man']Probably the Christmas or black friday sale this year.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping, If it's ever a dotw again I doubt it will dip past 600. If it get's included in one of the big sales though, I think we might see it go down to 400.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Torchlight is awesome, I knew it would be. Stacking have only played a tiny bit of, and I really enjoyed it. I love Double Fine games however, so I knew I would not regret my purchase. I so want to bite on Trenches but I am too cheap-if a game warrants full price purchase it would be that game![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with everything you just said.
I'm thinking about popping on Trenched for the 200 point rewards deal because I don't want to wait for it to go on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only gotten as far as solving the first challenge in Stacking but dammit, I can't move on in the story until I figure out how to get all 3 solutions and get all the unique dolls :x

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I've only gotten as far as solving the first challenge in Stacking but dammit, I can't move on in the story until I figure out how to get all 3 solutions and get all the unique dolls :x[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation even though I know you can always replay areas.

I will co-sign Outland as a strong 800 MSP game candidate. It's a fun platformer (some throw around the term Metroidvania, but I think it's a little too linear to be classified as such) with an Ikaruga twist. In addition to the main story (which can be played co-op), it's got an arcade style time attack mode and separate co-op challenges for added replayability.

For all the people saying BG&E HD, I would hold off. Seeing as how 3 of the 5 House Party titles have been on sale in recent weeks, a 400 MSP sale is very likely imminent.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I've only gotten as far as solving the first challenge in Stacking but dammit, I can't move on in the story until I figure out how to get all 3 solutions and get all the unique dolls :x[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to get all the unique dolls in the train station on your first visit, so don't let that hold you back.

This frustrates me. I don't want to buy any more points but I only have 1300, so not enough to get both Stacking and Torchlight without getting more.

I have Torchlight for PC, but have been wanting it for Xbox, and half off Stacking is pretty solid. Hopefully my RZ certs will come in before this sale ends.

I think I'm going to skip on Torchlight. It's ok but I don't think it's worth $10. I thought it was repetitive and got bored every now and then.

I know I'll get Ms. Spolision Man. But I need something else. Not sure what. ;___; Trenched is awesome though but it's $15. I'm sure it's worth it but I know most games go on sale so I am thinking of waiting.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']:?: Question for anyone that got TNT Racers. Is it easy to find games online? Game seems fun for 400 pts and I would probably get it if people played online.[/QUOTE]

Not the case with this game. Should have been free in the first place

Purchased Stacking. Same the 200 MSP promo is only for 800 and above

[quote name='ooga']Anyone play Dead Block? I just played the demo. Very interesting.[/QUOTE]

i was playing the demo earlier and wasnt expecting much but it was actually entertaining. its definitely a nazi zombie rip off but the music, the setting and overall feel of the game is nice. i was actually considering getting a few friends to get it with me for one of my games towards the xbox rewards deal but i noticed it had no online coop, local only. that kinda killed it for me, it is definitely something i would consider if it ever went on sale in the future though.

Was pondering getting the Dante's Inferno DLC but I've heard it'll take only 15 minutes to complete. Being a gamerscore whore, it's only worth 40 points. Taking into consideration it's only 40 points and it's life span is approximately 15 mins., anyone think it's worth 200 points($2.50)?

If it's a waste, I'd rather save my money and get an arcade game on sale in the future or more DLC. Any thoughts CAG?

One thing that Torchlight has, incidentally, and which I appreciate, is an option to turn off blood. I'm fine with the blood, of course, but can also do without, and turning it off I can play it around my kids. I wish more games had that option.

[quote name='Zonic505']Yes, if you buy 2 arcade games 800 MSP each or higher this month, then you get 200 MSP back next month.[/QUOTE]

Is that for the month of July or was it for June? I just got Trenched last week so would that count as one? I'll probably get Torchlight for my second then, if so.

[quote name='Dustinator']Was pondering getting the Dante's Inferno DLC but I've heard it'll take only 15 minutes to complete. Being a gamerscore whore, it's only worth 40 points. Taking into consideration it's only 40 points and it's life span is approximately 15 mins., anyone think it's worth 200 points($2.50)?

If it's a waste, I'd rather save my money and get an arcade game on sale in the future or more DLC. Any thoughts CAG?[/QUOTE]
I got it for free with the PS3 version and it was completely forgettable and not as fun as the actual game. Honestly I'd probably buy it for $2.50 if I didn't have it already, though.

Awwwww man, Stacking is a family gold pack deal? So does that mean if I'm just a regular Gold member, I can't get in on that deal?

@ Vidpower-I'm a regular gold member and I was able to get Stacking for 600 points. I just went to the game marketplace and looked it up under arcade titles. You should be able to do the same too.

I'll probably get a 1600 points card with some credit tomorrow. I think I'll pick up half minute hero and Stacking. I also really really want Trenched, but not sure if I want to spend 15.00...especially because I'm getting Ms Splosion man next week and if both Double Fine games have gone on sale, chances are Trenched will too.

[quote name='VidPower']Awwwww man, Stacking is a family gold pack deal? So does that mean if I'm just a regular Gold member, I can't get in on that deal?[/QUOTE]

It's open to all gold members.

Another Dantes Inferno question. I notice that the Trial of St. Lucia content is currentyl available for 400 points but it is not listed as part of the deal or as a gold exclusive. From what i have seen, the content released at 800 points. Anyone know if 400 points is the permanent price for that one or should we expect it to return to 800 on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back