XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carldisc']Another Dantes Inferno question. I notice that the Trial of St. Lucia content is currentyl available for 400 points but it is not listed as part of the deal or as a gold exclusive. From what i have seen, the content released at 800 points. Anyone know if 400 points is the permanent price for that one or should we expect it to return to 800 on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]
It's $5 on PSN right now, too, so probably the permanent price.

[quote name='carldisc']Another Dantes Inferno question. I notice that the Trial of St. Lucia content is currentyl available for 400 points but it is not listed as part of the deal or as a gold exclusive. From what i have seen, the content released at 800 points. Anyone know if 400 points is the permanent price for that one or should we expect it to return to 800 on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

I show this as dropping back on December 21, 2010:
http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/offer-details/?offer=00000000-0000-400c-80cf-000c454108cf

I doubt the trial will go up on Tuesday.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']when will the july permanent price dropped be put up?[/QUOTE]I don't think there's an exact date, but it seems to be in the middle of the month, based on past months.

[quote name='Zonic505']I don't think there's an exact date, but it seems to be in the middle of the month, based on past months.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok thanks. Hopefully we get something good

Thanks all...........I may pick up Stacking again. I enjoyed my first free playthrough via PS+. $7.50 is an almost fair price. Replay value is zero though. I haven't looked at the add on yet.

Idk but fallout 3, once you spend too much time on the vanilla (like 200 hours), the dlcs become a chore heh. I'm at 60 hours in new vegas right now (just started) and I'm not sure if ill even get the dlcs... But that's just my experience. I only go through one playthrough. Too much to explore and collect in the game. Way too much.

[quote name='msuhitman']anyone have an idea when bloodrayne & street fighter 3 come out?[/quote]

3so doesnt have a release date but rumored to release the end of august

I picked up TNT Racers and Torchlight... I wasn't a big fan of the demo for Stacking so I passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the community opinion on TNT Racers? I haven't heard any chatter about it this week and the previous requests for opinions have gone largely unanswered. I'm guessing this game isn't even worth the 400 points? I tried the demo and it really didn't show off much at all so I'm lukewarm on it. I just hate to pass on a 400 point game but I kinda feel like that should be the regular price and I should then wait for a 200 point sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So what's the community opinion on TNT Racers? I haven't heard any chatter about it this week and the previous requests for opinions have gone largely unanswered. I'm guessing this game isn't even worth the 400 points? I tried the demo and it really didn't show off much at all so I'm lukewarm on it. I just hate to pass on a 400 point game but I kinda feel like that should be the regular price and I should then wait for a 200 point sale.[/QUOTE]

I found the demo completely awful. I couldn't imagine anything the full game could do that would change my mind.

[quote name='carldisc']Another Dantes Inferno question. I notice that the Trial of St. Lucia content is currentyl available for 400 points but it is not listed as part of the deal or as a gold exclusive. From what i have seen, the content released at 800 points. Anyone know if 400 points is the permanent price for that one or should we expect it to return to 800 on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]Confirming it's a permanent drop from a good while back. Happened at the same time some Burnout Paradise and BFBC2 stuff also had a permanent price cut.

As much as I want to get Torchlight being a big Diablo fan and hearing great things about it, I just can't pay this much for it even with the 200 points deal. It's still 7.50 and it's been on sale on steam several times for as low as $3? Can't do it. Now that I've got a new computer on route I may just go PC on it during the next steam sale.

Has anyone else felt kinda nauseous or motion sick after playing Stacking for a while? I've never gotten sick playing a game before... But is it just me?

[quote name='vamn']Has anyone else felt kinda nauseous or motion sick after playing Stacking for a while? I've never gotten sick playing a game before... But is it just me?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get sick but I think the way the character's move is so different from most games that it could very well be giving you problems.

[quote name='biledriver']I didn't get sick but I think the way the character's move is so different from most games that it could very well be giving you problems.[/QUOTE]

I think so. It also seems like the smaller the dolls were, the worse it got for me. After a while, I couldn't stand using anything but the larger dolls to move around. :/

I had the same problem with Stacking and motion sickness. The key is to not look at the doll you control when you play. It has something to do with the way they move around. Didn't have any problems after making that adjustment.

[quote name='biledriver']I found the demo completely awful. I couldn't imagine anything the full game could do that would change my mind.[/QUOTE]

Yea that seems to be the general consensus on TNT Racers it seems. Ah well guess I'd better pass on it then.

I've been going back and forth all week on this and Burnout's $8 sale on PSN but I already own it on 360 and I don't feel the urge to double dip like I will next week with Pac-Man CE DX. $5 is easily worth the double dip on PS3 for super fun and easy trophies.

[quote name='vamn']Has anyone else felt kinda nauseous or motion sick after playing Stacking for a while? I've never gotten sick playing a game before... But is it just me?[/QUOTE]

I get motion sickness relatively easy (damn FPS'!) and while I can see why Stacking could do it, it hasn't bothered me so far. I've played it for about 90 minutes straight at a time. It has something to do with the jerkiness of the camera.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So what's the community opinion on TNT Racers? I haven't heard any chatter about it this week and the previous requests for opinions have gone largely unanswered. I'm guessing this game isn't even worth the 400 points? I tried the demo and it really didn't show off much at all so I'm lukewarm on it. I just hate to pass on a 400 point game but I kinda feel like that should be the regular price and I should then wait for a 200 point sale.[/QUOTE]
For me, I had to buy it since it did drop to 400 points and I support just about any game at that price. The demo is what you get though. There is no online community.

[quote name='jdawgg76']As much as I want to get Torchlight being a big Diablo fan and hearing great things about it, I just can't pay this much for it even with the 200 points deal. It's still 7.50 and it's been on sale on steam several times for as low as $3? Can't do it. Now that I've got a new computer on route I may just go PC on it during the next steam sale.[/QUOTE]

I just looked up the system requirements on Torchlight for PC, it only requires a 800MHz cpu and 64MB Radeon 7200 or better. Apparently there is a game editor/mod tool as well, so the PC version sounds like the best based on price and content.

The only reason I see to buy on 360 is for controller support (PC version seems to be keyboard and mouse only). Even then I would say wait for a 600pt or better sale.

I am still really torn with this upcoming Summer of Arcade promo. I want all of the titles except the obvious one. I do not have a Kinect and would never want to spend $10 on Fruit Ninja anyways, but seeing as Crimson Alliance is free if I purchase it as well, I am technically getting Crimson Alliance for 800 plus a free copy of Fruit Ninja for if I ever get a Kinect.

I really wish they would have a 'Kinect-less' promo. Stupid MS, they know exactly what they are doing and knew people would question it like this.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I am still really torn with this upcoming Summer of Arcade promo. I want all of the titles except the obvious one. I do not have a Kinect and would never want to spend $10 on Fruit Ninja anyways, but seeing as Crimson Alliance is free if I purchase it as well, I am technically getting Crimson Alliance for 800 plus a free copy of Fruit Ninja for if I ever get a Kinect.

I really wish they would have a 'Kinect-less' promo. Stupid MS, they know exactly what they are doing and knew people would question it like this.[/QUOTE]

If you have the patience you can always wait for the inevitable 50% off sales at the end of the year. Better deal that way anyway. That's the route I'm going though Bastion is super tempting. If I can wait out Outland I can wait out anything I think.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If you have the patience you can always wait for the inevitable 50% off sales at the end of the year. Better deal that way anyway. That's the route I'm going though Bastion is super tempting. If I can wait out Outland I can wait out anything I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was my original idea on what to do. I really am wanting From Dust and Toy Soldiers though so I do not know if I want to wait for them.

[quote name='crookshow']I had the same problem with Stacking and motion sickness. The key is to not look at the doll you control when you play. It has something to do with the way they move around. Didn't have any problems after making that adjustment.[/QUOTE]

I get motion sick from certain games and I felt stacking was a little off. I played through the whole thing (100%) without any problems, so ya i think it's how you look at the screen.

I have been waiting on a Torchlight sale since it launched and now that there is one I find myself lacking the enthusiasm to purchase it. I think it has something to do with the 4 or 5 arcade games I haven't finished and the 4-5 retail games I haven't finished. It doesn't make any sense to buy a game at any price if I have others unfinished.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have been waiting on a Torchlight sale since it launched and now that there is one I find myself lacking the enthusiasm to purchase it. I think it has something to do with the 4 or 5 arcade games I haven't finished and the 4-5 retail games I haven't finished. It doesn't make any sense to buy a game at any price if I have others unfinished.[/QUOTE]

You do know where you are, right?

[quote name='ZForce915']I have been waiting on a Torchlight sale since it launched and now that there is one I find myself lacking the enthusiasm to purchase it. I think it has something to do with the 4 or 5 arcade games I haven't finished and the 4-5 retail games I haven't finished. It doesn't make any sense to buy a game at any price if I have others unfinished.[/QUOTE]

I try to do this same thing but fail with sales. I figure I'll never get to some of them cause certain new stuff comes out and over-runs my backlog and I just never get back to them lol.

Only 4-5; I got a 40 to 50 arcade games backlog not to mention a triple digit retail games backlog, and I'm just talking Xbox 360 games, not including other systems. I have problems, I know.

[quote name='nightmare452']Only 4-5; I got a 40 to 50 arcade games backlog not to mention a triple digit retail games backlog, and I'm just talking Xbox 360 games, not including other systems. I have problems, I know.[/QUOTE]

Right, and every so often I look at it and think that I KNOW some of those games will be purchased and NEVER played if I keep up the buying just because there is a sale pattern.

I know we are CAGs, I've been one for a while but I've also wised up a bit in my years and I know when I'm about to throw money away.

Maybe I buy Torchlight, I get to playing it for a while and then the summer of arcade comes along and I want to play another game. Torchlight goes to the side, but more importantly Trenched remains unfinished and who knows when I'm going to get back to Comic Jumper. It is a vicious cycle.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yea that seems to be the general consensus on TNT Racers it seems. Ah well guess I'd better pass on it then.

I've been going back and forth all week on this and Burnout's $8 sale on PSN but I already own it on 360 and I don't feel the urge to double dip like I will next week with Pac-Man CE DX. $5 is easily worth the double dip on PS3 for super fun and easy trophies.[/QUOTE]

For 400pts it's not designed poorly. The cars drive a lot like the ones in the old SUPER OFF-ROAD and the mini-games where cars are used in a billion other games.

I got maybe an hour or two worth into it... and I didn't get far. The training demo/beginning of the game for the first tracks took FOREVER to get used to and actually beat the AI. I'm not AWESOME at racers, but generally pretty good at cart style games. Sadly, TNT Racers is just kind of there. I didn't find myself wanting to throw the controller, but I didn't feel like it was something I really wanted to finish. I checked the achievements and figured "eh, guess I'll be stuck with 5-10/200..." I may eventually get bored or into and finish it, but it's just kind of there.

The most obnoxious part about the game is racing must be done on the same screen. So if someone gets too far behind, BAM--- they're dead. Depending on the rules/situations, the person in the lead may just "win" and then they restart in the middle of the track until time either runs out or certain goals are reached. This makes trying to get coins in the point races nearly impossible as you can't even get too far from the pack before getting destroyed and starting over. The race for 2 minutes straight event then becomes 6 minutes as even when you do well, the others are lost and you end up restarting every 5-10 seconds.

Basically, I wondered how a family would enjoy the game. Again, I don't hate it. I don't love it either. It's just... there.

So I picked up Torchlight and it has been great fun. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it isn't very challenging. But yeah, I'm enjoying it.

[quote name='nightmare452']Only 4-5; I got a 40 to 50 arcade games backlog not to mention a triple digit retail games backlog, and I'm just talking Xbox 360 games, not including other systems. I have problems, I know.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought Stacking, Torchlight and TNT Racers due to the deal on them. I've already got so many XBLA games that I bought with zero gamerscore achieved. Same problem with a stack of retail games sitting on a shelf.

Know that you are not alone in your problems. :)

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='playing mantis']I just looked up the system requirements on Torchlight for PC, it only requires a 800MHz cpu and 64MB Radeon 7200 or better. Apparently there is a game editor/mod tool as well, so the PC version sounds like the best based on price and content.

The only reason I see to buy on 360 is for controller support (PC version seems to be keyboard and mouse only). Even then I would say wait for a 600pt or better sale.[/QUOTE] From what I hear the 360 version is the best. Controller support and some other things added in that will come in T2. For $10 this game is totally worth it.

"Four skills can be mapped for use at a time, plus a second set handled by the d-pad. "Most of us actually find it easier to use a variety of skills on the console vs. PC, oddly enough," Runic said.
What's more, the Xbox 360 pad will rumble for quakes, low strikes, low health heartbeats and tugs on the fishing line - obviously.
Runic has also employed some improvements from Torchlight II on PC, such as quicker loading times, better animations and automaps.
Finally, each of the three classes has a new armour set, there are new random quests and there's something called a Chakawary pet.
All that in one pint-sized 200MB download"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-06-torchlight-xbla-better-than-on-pc

[quote name='Hoffer']I'm in the same boat as you. I bought Stacking, Torchlight and TNT Racers due to the deal on them. I've already got so many XBLA games that I bought with zero gamerscore achieved. Same problem with a stack of retail games sitting on a shelf.

Know that you are not alone in your problems. :)[/QUOTE]

Just because there are others with your problems does not make your problem any less of one...

Speaking as a participant in this issue as I have something like 661 retail games for the 360, many of which I haven't completed. Don't get me started on the Arcade games, which --- if they have been on sale, I definitely own.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Just because there are others with your problems does not make your problem any less of one...
[/QUOTE]

Haha people usually find it comforting that they're not the only one.

I wished it was 200 points for every 2 games you purchase. I already picked up MLB Bobbleheads Pros. I'm thinking of picking up Torchlight, Trenched, and Ms. Splosion Man. But I still haven't beat Splosion Man so I can wait on picking up Ms. Plus the cheap ass in me hates buying Trenched at full price. Hopefully next week deals are posted before the Torchlight deal expires just in case there is something else I want even more.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Just because there are others with your problems does not make your problem any less of one...

Speaking as a participant in this issue as I have something like 661 retail games for the 360, many of which I haven't completed. Don't get me started on the Arcade games, which --- if they have been on sale, I definitely own.[/QUOTE]

Amen! :D

But yeah, I know I got a game buying problem (as other here have as well it seems), but I feel like I am buying less lately as well. Seeing new releases be $40 one week after release has convinced me to not buy any new release games on day one (or month one) unless I am buying it for the multiplayer.

Problem is that digital games aren't like retail games, they "rarely" go on sale. I know XBLA and PSN have weekly sales, but how many times has Pixeljunk Shooter or Stacking or Shadow Complex gonna be on "sale"? Once or twice, maybe a max 5 times in its lifetime, so I tend to buy em once I seem em cheap with the off chance that I wanna play em later. As has been said, this is a bad way of thinking if you never end up playing it, but at least we know its a problem and we admit it.

Major Nelson has confirmed that along w/ Ms. Splosion Man, Boulder Dash XL & Warhammer 40K Kill Team are also coming this week for 800 MSP.

I had been waiting for Stacking to go on sale and somehow had missed the ad that it was on sale this past week. But thanks to you and this thread, I managed to snag it today! CAG earns its keep once again.

So in addition to Ms. Splosion Man we're getting Boulder Dash XL and Warhammer 40k Kill Team this week. All three are 800 pts. The lack of promotion for Boulder Dash and Warhammer make me think they're a bit lackluster. Oh well, at 800 points that means 400 point games during a future sale.

[quote name='nightmare452']
Problem is that digital games aren't like retail games, they "rarely" go on sale. I know XBLA and PSN have weekly sales, but how many times has Pixeljunk Shooter or Stacking or Shadow Complex gonna be on "sale"? Once or twice, maybe a max 5 times in its lifetime, so I tend to buy em once I seem em cheap with the off chance that I wanna play em later. As has been said, this is a bad way of thinking if you never end up playing it, but at least we know its a problem and we admit it.[/QUOTE]

That's the way MS has it set up and that's the way they like it. God forbid you miss a DotW only to see it never on sale again. The system they have set up basically forces you to buy sale games you're interested in even if you think you will not play them until the next year or two.

I wish XBLA games were similar to retail games where the prices drop (permanently) with time. It seems that is the way it is headed. But price cutting 2-3 shitty games a month is not very much progress. MS needs to take a hint from steam. They "get" how to do digital distribution.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I wished it was 200 points for every 2 games you purchase. I already picked up MLB Bobbleheads Pros. I'm thinking of picking up Torchlight, Trenched, and Ms. Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]
Well, pick up whatever you need to qualify and wait until next month. It sure beats 5% though, unless you're spending more than 4000 points.

[quote name='louiedog']The lack of promotion for Boulder Dash and Warhammer make me think they're a bit lackluster.[/QUOTE]
Xbox Marketing are not staffed by core gamers who understand subtle gameplay variances & value time-tested franchises, but rather Marketers who understand how to promote specific titles. If upper-management says to push the MS Game Studios' published-title called "Ms. 'Splosion Man", you can bet that's what you'll hear about, regardless if older gamers have invested 100's of hours in previous Boulder Dash versions on C64/Apple/PC/DS, etc. Additionally, 'Splosion Man has previously been an XBLA-exclusive, so you can bet that Xbox will push that game over multi-platform titles. It's all about business & profit-priorities.

[quote name='nightmare452']Amen! :D

Problem is that digital games aren't like retail games, they "rarely" go on sale. I know XBLA and PSN have weekly sales, but how many times has Pixeljunk Shooter or Stacking or Shadow Complex gonna be on "sale"? Once or twice, maybe a max 5 times in its lifetime, so I tend to buy em once I seem em cheap with the off chance that I wanna play em later. As has been said, this is a bad way of thinking if you never end up playing it, but at least we know its a problem and we admit it.[/QUOTE]

The good thing about digital games is that you can hide your shame. retail games have to be stored somewhere. Then you wind up on that hoarders show because your room is filled with games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back