XBLA - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time - Now 800pts :whee: - 8/5

I'd rather have the classic graphics. Passing on this and waiting for the inevitable "classics" version of TMNT: Turtles in Time.

And I'd rather NOT have "re-shelled" versions of X-Men and Aliens VS Predator. They look fine just the way they are and do not need to become 3D.

800 pts is a buy. Hopefully this trend of decent 800 pt games continues. i'm tired of 1200 pts being the new 800 pts which was the new 400 pts...

[quote name='BustaUppa']In the grand scheme of things, hopefully this and Bionic Commando Rearmed can be the trend-setters as far as XBLA pricing goes...[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. MS needs to get off dev's balls forcing to hike up prices.

[quote name='goatwoody']Where are we having said beer? It better be Sam Adams Summer Ale. I am in Ohio. Just mail the 6 pack if you are far away and we will drink it while playing Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.[/QUOTE]

I remember those games too! Remakes would make me happy. I'll take a Premium Grain Belt please. I live in MN so i gotta represent the beer brewed in Minneapolis.

Sweet. Makes paying over $10 for trials HD seem kind of silly now, but I know I will do it anyways. Unless I am wrong about the pricing for that game...

My interest in this game went up even more with the lower price. Will certainly buy it depending on how well the demo goes.

Maybe Ubisoft can afford the price drop with all that lucrative Imagine and Petz money they have coming in.

Count me in too if it's going to be 800 points! Heck, I might as well do the Summer of Arcade thing and buy 'Splosion Man, TMNT, Trials HD, and Shadow Complex and get points back. I already have MvC2.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I remember those games too! Remakes would make me happy. I'll take a Premium Grain Belt please. I live in MN so i gotta represent the beer brewed in Minneapolis.[/QUOTE]
Make mine a Summit.

I'm in. I have been since the start but now with the drop I might get 'splosion man and trials (common price drop).

First I was only going to get Turtles, MvC2 & Shadow Complex but now that I have a few extra points makes it worth it

I was going to buy it anyway but I'm real glad they decided to do this. If they drop trials, I'll probably buy all of them.

I've been interested in Turtles in Time since it seems to have this following, but at $15 it was questionable, but definitely getting it now. I probably would take the leap and buy all the Summer of Arcade games, but Trials HD still doesn't seem worth it in the least.

I've heard this is only the arcade version. Meaning a lot of levels are going to be left out.

No technodrome.

[quote name='Chadical']I've heard this is only the arcade version. Meaning a lot of levels are going to be left out.

No technodrome.[/QUOTE]

no rat king. no this no that....

holy crap yes that 5$ makes such a big difference. i was on the fence and was gonna wait till it went on sale. but at 10$ its an instant buy for me.

I love how Fat Princess unanounced jumped from $15 to 10(at least from what I've seen) , with only haveing bronze trophies = just HORRIBLE! So I might pick this up instead. Thanks OP.

[quote name='postulio']holy crap yes that 5$ makes such a big difference. i was on the fence and was gonna wait till it went on sale. but at 10$ its an instant buy for me.[/QUOTE]
same here :D

call me cynical, but am i the only one here who feels that this was a marketing ploy?
if it had started at $10, CAG would say "$10 is too much. i'll wait till its less."
but since it was to 'start' at $15, all the CAG are saying "I'll buy it for $10 but not $15!"

this way, ubi gets to charge what they want ($10) and you feel that you get it cheaper (thought it would be $15).

[quote name='Chadical']I've heard this is only the arcade version. Meaning a lot of levels are going to be left out.

No technodrome.[/QUOTE]

That's where they get the 400 points back. DLC.

[quote name='n64ra']call me cynical, but am i the only one here who feels that this was a marketing ploy?
if it had started at $10, CAG would say "$10 is too much. i'll wait till its less."
but since it was to 'start' at $15, all the CAG are saying "I'll buy it for $10 but not $15!"

this way, ubi gets to charge what they want ($10) and you feel that you get it cheaper (thought it would be $15).[/QUOTE]

I disagree fully.. I think I can speak for a lot of us when I say that retro games are worth about 400 for simple re-release, remakes are worth about 800 for the work put in, and original games are now accepted to be worth 1200.

I'm in and this all but ensures I will buy all 5 games. I'm sure they tested the numbers and discovered they would make more profit 800 as more casual players will now buy in. And the more players who buy in the better the online experience will be, and thus more long term sales.

I assume that this has no bearing on negating Microsoft's '800 pts. back if you buy 'em all' offer?

If so, I gotta go for it.

$10 = less people sitting on the fence and actually buying this. Smart move. I definitely am checking this out now.

I'm so happy they dropped this in price. My suite mates and I used to play this all the time. We all just graduated so now it'll be fun to play online together still.

Looks cool that the turtles have individual stats and skills.

Well Komani did it again and this will be a Day 1 purchase. I'll die a happy gamer if they release The Simpsons and/or 6-player X-Men

[quote name='flameofdoom666']$15.00 = no
$10.00 = yes

Good move Ubi.

Shadow Complex is the only game getting $15.00 this summer.[/QUOTE]

So true, so true

thank you Ubi Soft for making this 800pts. I just got a 1600 points card today, and currently only have 400 pts beforehand. This works out perfect for me to get Shadow Complex and TMNT with the remaining points that I have. (Shadow Complex is 1200pts right? not 1600pts?)

bread's done
Back