Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

If you are wanting to get a system from K-Mart, PLEASE reconsider and change your mind.

As someone who is a bit higher up in the ranks of the company, you will be VERY disappointed if you expect to somehow strike gold. While nothing official has been said by MS or anyone in the company, K-Mart only amounts for barely 3% of video game sales - do you really think MS is going to send us that many units?

Plus, in the monthly flyer, they DO advertise Xbox 360 in a big ad... too bad it's the $299 Core System, with very very small print telling people "Xbox 360 Premium System also available - $399". This tells me that K-Mart will be quite the opposite of every other store - tons of core systems, very limited premium systems (I've heard Best Buy is getting tons of premiums, very few cores).

We're probably getting tons of cores because our customer base is very low income, so they'd rather throw down 300 instead of 400... it's the same reason a majority of K-Mart's don't carry Ipods, and instead have cheap ass mp3 players.

Then you have to factor in that K-Mart dosen't regulate against employee purchases (that I've seen), so those one or two premium systems a store will get will probably just be bought by an employee before you ever get there.

Ah well, I guess I will really be cheap and wait until next holiday season, when many of the business analysts are assuming MS will have the economy of scale to undercut the PS3 and Revolution in price... :cool:

I just received a call from Toys r Us. They told me they were only getting 4 premium systems in for pre-order and wanted to know if I wanted one. I said hell yes. The catch is I have to buy NBA Live, Madden 06, Kameo, and an extra controller. Not really happy with the games except for Madden, but I figure I can Ebay them or get rid of them on here. So if some of you were still looking call your local Toys r Us. They took my name last week and told me they already had like 35 people in line. I guess they decided to just randomly pick people or they lost there list. Anyways, might be worth a try.

Watch out on that CostCo...it's for the Canadian site. Not sure how that would impact your order. Makes more sense on the price though...

[quote name='halvorsb']Watch out on that CostCo...it's for the Canadian site. Not sure how that would impact your order. Makes more sense on the price though...[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying from them I just seen that online. That's Ebay prices though if that's American dollars. Well you wouldn't get the 2 extras on Ebay though.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Dam it I just called Gamestop and they said my order is on 2nd shipment (originally told I could possibly get the 1st shipment). Now I'll probably wait in a line to get one. Any suggestions? I was thinking of maybe a Super K , Sam's Club, or Costco. Does anyone know if they get the systems on launch and if so do they sell at a certain time?[/QUOTE]

Go to target at like 9-11 PM the night before. Yeah it will be a long night..but that's your best bet. I did that for a PS2 and helped my friend do that for a gamecube. Call a few days before and see how many systems they'll get.

^^^ If you're in the Midwest (or any state with a Meijer), that works there too, but it's even better because they are 24 hours so you can get it right at midnight.

Did that for the last XBox and it worked great...got there about 6-7 pm and had no problem. In fact, after midnight my friend and I, who both got one, drove across the street to the people waiting outside Target (all night) and held them out the window. "YEAH I BET YOU WANT SOME OF THIS! ENJOY YOUR CAMPOUT!" before speeding off into the night. And I never got my comeuppance. Ever.

CostCo and Sams Club have some of the best "bundles" around....they don't force you to buy 3-4 games, only 1 and a controller, which is nice.

I still like my GAMERUSH pre-order. $100 down locks you in....nothing more to buy :)

Do you think camping out overnight to just get a video game systems is psychotic? or do people just have no lives except video games?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Do you think camping out overnight to just get a video game systems is psychotic? or do people just have no lives except video games?[/QUOTE]
It's something someone someone should do a study on. It just seems like a cool thing to do, I guess. For DVDs and CDs of bands/movies I really like I might buy first day, but for a system, it isn't worth it unless you have massive store credit or something. Even then, I don't know.

Also, why do people always want to be the first to say things are "updating", even when they are not?

[quote name='Stoneage']

Also, why do people always want to be the first to say things are "updating", even when they are not?[/QUOTE]

I know right......... almost as annoying as someone who follows you around and post right after you post in every thread

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I know right......... almost as annoying as someone who follows you around and post right after you post in every thread[/QUOTE]
Word.

[quote name='KaneRobot']^^^ If you're in the Midwest (or any state with a Meijer), that works there too, but it's even better because they are 24 hours so you can get it right at midnight.
[/QUOTE]

YMMV though, with the DS they did something so stupid at my Meijer, at midnight they had you go around the store and find a card. If you found the card you were allowed to buy the system. They would hide them behind other things and it was an easter egg hunt. That was stupid.. (I didn't go to that one thankfully, cousin did)

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Do you think camping out overnight to just get a video game systems is psychotic? or do people just have no lives except video games?[/QUOTE]

I've done it twice and it's really fun to be honest. A lot of hard core gamers and you can talk about lots of fun stuff. For the PS2, a bunch of us in line talked about the Atari for a good 2 hours. And what was better, in the same parking lot was a 24 hour market, so we could go get food and use the bathroom

I think some people make an event out of it. The only thing I did was the HALO2 launch at midnight. However, my friend and I went to the bar to watch Monday Night Football then....so, we had beers in our system when we went to pick up the deuce

Does anybody know if Costco will be getting in systems on Day 1? I have a business member card and can get in an hour before everybody else. At this point, this is looking like my only hope...

ok I tried searching and can't find an answer....so Sam's Club did do preorders online...but what about local B&M stores? I have a business membership...can I show up 11-22-05 at 7am and get a system? will they have units for sale? only bundles? etc? thanks for the help...I searched forums and can't find the answer so sorry if it has been addressed already...

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I'm planning on going to a local 24 hour Wal-Mart the night before, what is a good time to go assuming they start selling at 12:00 AM?[/QUOTE]

PS2 Launch got there about 7pm was 6th in line

[quote name='scdoanintendo']I'm planning on going to a local 24 hour Wal-Mart the night before, what is a good time to go assuming they start selling at 12:00 AM?[/QUOTE]

Be careful though. For the Gamecube launch, my Walmart agve out numbers earlier in the day. So even though I got there at a decent time, I didn't have a number and couldn't get one. Someone who came about noon or so though got a very high number, and then came a bit after midnight and was able to get one. I was just a bit upset to say the least. Check with your local Walmart to see how they are handling it.

[quote name='peteyrose']Does anybody know if Costco will be getting in systems on Day 1? I have a business member card and can get in an hour before everybody else. At this point, this is looking like my only hope...[/QUOTE]

I work at my local Costoco, so I'll try to take a look. It's kinda hard when there are managers hovering over the computers constantly but I'll try as I was kinda curious about that myself. Thinking if it's a good enough deal, I'll just go in early, and walk out as the doors open to the public with my xbox360

I just received an email through Best Buy's reward zone program about an exclusive member prepurchase starting this Wednesday. It says something about a sports bundle and double reward zone points, but it doesn't go into detail. The link takes you to BB's site, but the bundle isn't there yet.

"Member Exclusive! Be first in line to pre-order an Xbox 360 bundle — plus, get DOUBLE POINTS on a game-and-accessory-packed Sports bundle.

Starting at 10 a.m. (CT) on Wednesday, November 9, Best Buy is offering select Reward Zone members the opportunity to pre-order what is sure to be one of the hottest products of the holiday season — the next next-gen Xbox 360 gaming system.

Quantities are extremely limited, so don't delay.

For more information about our Xbox 360 bundles, and for your chance to pre-order one, use this special "members only" sign-in link"

Assuming the sports bundle will cost at least $400 (and possibly five or six hundred dollars) and you're getting double rewards points you'll get about $30 back in gift vouchers from BB.

I wonder why I haven't received the Best Buy Reward Zone email yet?? I got it for the PSP and bought it and I make most of my gaming purchases and electronic purchases through Best Buy and use my Reward Zone car. When did you guys get your emails??

I'll be doing this as well. I did this for the PS2 launch and was 10th in line. I got there at 9PM. I just hope they do the same thing, but again, that was five years ago (??)

My Wal-Mart does the ticket system then has a drawing at midnight. For the PS2, XBox, and Gamecube launch they did that and it took FOREVER. What was funny though was that NO ONE walked away empty handed. This launch looks to be a little different though.

I remember for the Cube my local Meijer's did this. They wheeled out a cart with like 50 systems. When I finally got mine there were only a few people left and plenty of systems to go around. I went in there the next evening and they had about 50 more systems on the shelf. What was the point of the lottery? Personally I think people will be surprised at the availability of the 360. Unfortunately it may be the core system though.....

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']"Member Exclusive! Be first in line to pre-order an Xbox 360 bundle — plus, get DOUBLE POINTS on a game-and-accessory-packed Sports bundle.

Starting at 10 a.m. (CT) on Wednesday, November 9, Best Buy is offering select Reward Zone members the opportunity to pre-order what is sure to be one of the hottest products of the holiday season — the next next-gen Xbox 360 gaming system.

Quantities are extremely limited, so don't delay.

For more information about our Xbox 360 bundles, and for your chance to pre-order one, use this special "members only" sign-in link"

Assuming the sports bundle will cost at least $400 (and possibly five or six hundred dollars) and you're getting double rewards points you'll get about $30 back in gift vouchers from BB.[/QUOTE]

Got a url with that? Reward Zone is shitty about sending out e-mails properly to it's members

Ditto.

I am kinda curious if they will be offering this B&M as well as online. This process sounds a lot better than waiting outside in 50 degree weather for 8 hours, but I also wanna make sure I get it the day of and not whenever it decides to be shipped.

Well, eb has officially fucked me out of my 360. I had one preordered with ebgames.com, but wasn't really happy about the bundle. Scorch informed me that a local eb was still taking first shipment preorders, so i call them and check. They tell me they are still taking first shipment (day 1) preorders, and that there are plenty of slots left. I go down there, ask again, same response, put my money down. I cancel the online one (big fucking mistake). I call several more times over the last 2 months. They keep assuring me I am getting a day 1 one. I call today, and they tell me they called the people who are getting day 1 ones yesterday, and that I am not. They did not even bother to call and let me know they were fucking me. However, they did inform me that if I came and prepurchased one in full, it might mean they got more sooner, but they couldn't even give an estimate as to when that would be. How nice... So, thanks to these pieces of shit, I am now officially fucked out of one, even though I preordered it almost 3 months in advance. They motherfucking better not give me any shit about giving me my money back. Anyway, the point is, anyone that has a "guarenteed first shipment" 360 preordered at eb (or gamestop, for that matter), I would strongly advise calling and confirming it before you get there at midnight and get a "we're sorry, you're fucked."

[quote name='mmercer13']My Wal-Mart does the ticket system then has a drawing at midnight. For the PS2, XBox, and Gamecube launch they did that and it took FOREVER. What was funny though was that NO ONE walked away empty handed. This launch looks to be a little different though.[/QUOTE]
I talked to the Wal-Mart that I'm buying mine from and they are doing a first come first serve ticket system. They said they are going to line up benches and sit us in line that we can't leave then hand out tickets around 8PM. He said they are only getting 20 in and he did not know how many would be the core. Only 20 that sucks.

I also talked to a BestBuy employee about launch day, and he said roughly the same thing (first come first serve, with doors opening at 8am). He gave a quantity of AT LEAST 300 console systems to be available, but couldn't discern whether or not the systems required bundling (i.e. "sports bundle" from the email).

[quote name='mietha']Well, eb has officially fucked me out of my 360. I had one preordered with ebgames.com, but wasn't really happy about the bundle. Scorch informed me that a local eb was still taking first shipment preorders, so i call them and check. They tell me they are still taking first shipment (day 1) preorders, and that there are plenty of slots left. I go down there, ask again, same response, put my money down. I cancel the online one (big fucking mistake). I call several more times over the last 2 months. They keep assuring me I am getting a day 1 one. I call today, and they tell me they called the people who are getting day 1 ones yesterday, and that I am not. They did not even bother to call and let me know they were fucking me. However, they did inform me that if I came and prepurchased one in full, it might mean they got more sooner, but they couldn't even give an estimate as to when that would be. How nice... So, thanks to these pieces of shit, I am now officially fucked out of one, even though I preordered it almost 3 months in advance. They motherfucking better not give me any shit about giving me my money back. Anyway, the point is, anyone that has a "guarenteed first shipment" 360 preordered at eb (or gamestop, for that matter), I would strongly advise calling and confirming it before you get there at midnight and get a "we're sorry, you're fucked."[/QUOTE]

I can relate with EB pre-orders. The screwed me out of a launch PSP. I had the system paid for in full about 2 months before launch and was guaranteed to get one. The thing was that I was coming back from a trip about 3 days after launch so I spoke with the manager on 3 ocassions asking him that since I had already paid for it that they would hold it a extra day (I think you have to pickup within 48 hours usually). Ofcourse I come back and no systems at the store for me. Seemed to slip the managers mind and he didn't even notice that I already paid for it.

I'm sorry if it is off-topic. But how do places like EB games get away with selling so many pre-orders for stuff they don't have gurantees for, especially for stuff as unpredictable as system launches. I've just heard too many stories of people who have been screwed out of getting a system they put a lot of money down for, or people who have been shifted to "second" or "third" wave shipments.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm sorry if it is off-topic. But how do places like EB games get away with selling so many pre-orders for stuff they don't have gurantees for, especially for stuff as unpredictable as system launches. I've just heard too many stories of people who have been screwed out of getting a system they put a lot of money down for, or people who have been shifted to "second" or "third" wave shipments.[/QUOTE]

Because too many sheep want the next big thing and will pay any amount and submit to any stipulations to get it.

I can understand the desire for bigger and better, but I don't get why so many "cheap" ass gamers are paying full price for it.

I think it is time for me to dump ye olde 360 on eBay or cancel my order. I'm hearing too many reports of "demand will be met".

my girlfriend is a cake decorator at walmart so i get 10% off. taking it to 360.00. then on the last check before xmas, she get an additional 10% off. taking it to what, 320, or so? not bad, but i can't get it at release. i'm thinking just about waiting for tax returns.

funny how u hear demand will be met, when all i hear is unless u preordered, u are shit out of luck for several months

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']

I think it is time for me to dump ye olde 360 on eBay or cancel my order. I'm hearing too many reports of "demand will be met".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sulmona']funny how u hear demand will be met, when all i hear is unless u preordered, u are shit out of luck for several months[/QUOTE] I hear the same thing, except that you can probably just go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy at midnight and get one. This whole thing is built around hype. It's meant to make you think "oh crap, there aren't going to be many of them so I have to panic and get one right now." In reality, I think that people have blown this way out of proportion. But then again, I could be wrong. :)

i really have no interest in one right away, but i will try to pickup two at launch, hopefully reselling one to pay for one to keep. if there is no scarcity ill just return em...

Stolen from GAF:

Shareholder report mailed 2 days ago from txb

Walmart/Best Buy are the OFFICIAL sponser of the Xbox 360 Launch

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST The final shipment of the US Consoles on the 22nd is 1,098,200 (20% of those being cores and yes they gave EXACT numbers)

Microsoft plans on selling 4 million 360's within the next 5 months (that is a worldwide figure)

There are currently 2,190,876 Accesories being shipped on the 22nd to the US

There are currently 29 Games that will be available BEFORE the end of the 2005

There are current plans for sequels to NEW franchises that arent even out on the 360 yet

They plan on expanding there xbox live user base to 14 million users by the end of the 360 lifespan (wtf thats a huge number)

Reason why i believe this? Silly tidbit but both walmart and best buys kiosks have their respective logos built into the demo software

Whoa 1098200 systems is a lot for the US alone. I think there might not be a shortage till closer to Christmas similar to the DS of last Christmas.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I hear the same thing, except that you can probably just go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy at midnight and get one. This whole thing is built around hype. It's meant to make you think "oh crap, there aren't going to be many of them so I have to panic and get one right now." In reality, I think that people have blown this way out of proportion. But then again, I could be wrong. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought that also about the PS2, and drove round all day with no luck on launch day, so from then on out I preorder with the bundle. For me, it beats standing on line and driving around from store to store.

Went to TRU and asked the mindless zombies working there ( 10 in total) about the 360. Despite the fact that their reserves are prtty high ( not as high as my local GS though) they claim that EVERYONE who reserves one from TRU will get one ON Nov. 22nd. ( I wonder who they are going to kill to pull this one off?)

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Went to TRU and asked the mindless zombies working there ( 10 in total) about the 360. Despite the fact that their reserves are prtty high ( not as high as my local GS though) they claim that EVERYONE who reserves one from TRU will get one ON Nov. 22nd. ( I wonder who they are going to kill to pull this one off?)[/QUOTE]

My Toys R Us just called me on Friday night around 4 pm. The manager said until 3:30 pm that day he had no idea how many systems they were getting then they finally heard they would get only 4 premium systems. They sold them in bundles too, an official pre-order card and everything. Sounds like that TRU is going to screw over a lot of people.

bread's done
Back