Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

[quote name='EnsignGarak']The reason I was given for the delay was a cut in shipped quantity from Microsoft, which I was told would affect all retailers, not just EB Games. [/QUOTE]

To correct the EB manager, this will affect all retailers except Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

For some reason, Wal-Mart and Best Buy are getting the lion's share of 360s.

I can understand Wal-Mart. It's the 600 pound gorilla of retailers.

Anybody want to fathom a guess as to BB's preferential treatment?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
Anybody want to fathom a guess as to BB's preferential treatment?[/QUOTE]

According to the information on-line, BB b&m stores will be getting 40,770 out of the 1 million and whatever 360's available at launch. I believe that's 4% of all US 360s. I don't know how many units they received for on-line sale.

The Core/Premium split is 30%/70%.

From what I saw, it looks like the majority of BB's will have over 40-50 units per store. Some of the bigger stores, like the ones with midnight launches will have well over 150 units.

For those interested in knowing how many are going to their specific Best Buy, the data can be found here:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=388156

[quote name='fidodido']According to the information on-line, BB b&m stores will be getting 40,770 out of the 1 million and whatever 360's available at launch. I believe that's 4% of all US 360s. I don't know how many units they received for on-line sale.

The Core/Premium split is 30%/70%.

From what I saw, it looks like the majority of BB's will have over 40-50 units per store. Some of the bigger stores, like the ones with midnight launches will have well over 150 units.

For those interested in knowing how many are going to their specific Best Buy, the data can be found here:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=388156[/QUOTE]

Something about Best Buy getting only 4% of launch units seems low dont you think? If I think of all the stores that are carrying this thing, I just cant see where the other 96% are going. Also, I thought the launch number was 1.5M worldwide, with half or slightly over half of that going to the U.S.

Website...... so ...... slow....... must... place...... order.......

When I click "chectout" it's like broken from the load... the phone is busy too!

Arrrgh!

EDIT: Now the cart is totally borked, good luck guys!

[quote name='set']Website...... so ...... slow....... must... place...... order.......

When I click "chectout" it's like broken from the load... the phone is busy too!

Arrrgh![/QUOTE]
I get that too and also a session time out.

Okay.... now the entire website is hosed.

Will the rest of you guys just give up, so I can get my 360? ;)

Anyone sucessful? I can't even pull up cc.com anymore.

[quote name='psunami']The funny thing is that it's letting me remove things from the bundle.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was doing before the website died lol.

ha ha ha WTH? I wouldn't have even known about the cc Friday release for 360 if I didn't visit here, yet the site is getting pummeled to a slow, crawling death.

Got about as far as the shopping cart before the site simply stopped responding. Ok, mercy I give up.

I guess they gave up too....

"We're updating our site with new products and information. Please check back in a few minutes. "

Got as far as the beginning checkout page a few times before I lost the session. Site is now down for updates, so I'm assuming it's over.

The one time I tried removing something from the bundle, it automatically removed the 360 as well.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I just got off the phone with the stores in the area and they were clueless.[/QUOTE]

yea they said it wont come out until tuesday

[quote name='bskeillor']If you've preordered from Gamerush, brace yourselves for the phone call. The store I got mine at only has 6 Pro and 2 core systems coming in. I'm luckily 6th, but I was talking to number 7 on the list and he was none too happy. The calls are going out from this store tomorrow to ask everybody if they want the Pro or switch to the Core. He said they are also calling the not so lucky ones on the list to tell them that they don't have a system for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bskeillor for the info! I preordered my 360 at Gamerush the day they went into the system. I was told only the first 10, $100 down, and only the premium bundle. Today, on your advice, I checked in with the store. They are now only receiving 5 premiums (luckily I am #4 or so I was told) and 3 core systems. They have also cancelled the midnight launch because they won't open late for something only 8 people can get. This came from the store manager who said she had a teleconference with district 2 hours earlier. They are to sell the syetems by the date money was placed down and the first 5 have the choice if they want to stay with the premium or switch to core. This preorder business is ridiculous. I can see EB not being able to fullfill 200 preorders, but GR can't even get 10?

Check your Walmart order status! Mine says shipped! And it actually some how went from TN to NJ in like 3 hours! It might be at my house tomarrow! If not I can see it getting there on Monday!

I preordered @ Ritz and it no longer says that it is a preorder and does not say it is on back order or out of stock so I assume the order is being processed. I guess thats what I get when I order from a video game system from Ritz Camera

sort of! you can order one online right now and it will ship on dec 15. 2005. make sure you follow the right link. just search for xbox 360 and itll take you there

I ordered from Wal-Mart and I just received an email stating my order had been cancelled. What BS! I am calling the store today to see WTF!

The first Fry's ads for the XBox 360s will appear in tomorrow's papers. According to the DFW ad, it seems that they are ONLY making 360s available as part of a bundle for launch. The two choices are:

$419.99: XBox 360 Core Bundle w/ 2 Games (no indication of which games, although it's probably the same 2 as the Premium Bundle)

$519.99: XBox 360 Premium Bundle w/ Call of Duty 2, Madden NFL '06

[quote name='fidodido']The first Fry's ads for the XBox 360s will appear in tomorrow's papers. According to the DFW ad, it seems that they are ONLY making 360s available as part of a bundle for launch. The two choices are:

$419.99: XBox 360 Core Bundle w/ 2 Games (no indication of which games, although it's probably the same 2 as the Premium Bundle)

$519.99: XBox 360 Premium Bundle w/ Call of Duty 2, Madden NFL '06[/QUOTE]

Those bundles aren't that bad, not compared to the online bundles at most stores, though a choice of games would be better. Don't see any reason why they wouldn't, it's not like COD2 and Madden NFL '06 are going to be hard to move.

[quote name='havuk']I got in on the wal mart online deal and just got an email saying my order had shipped...[/QUOTE]

Same here - Ordered Friday morning, and received notification of shipment early Sunday morning.

[quote name='fidodido']The first Fry's ads for the XBox 360s will appear in tomorrow's papers. According to the DFW ad, it seems that they are ONLY making 360s available as part of a bundle for launch. The two choices are:

$519.99: XBox 360 Premium Bundle w/ Call of Duty 2, Madden NFL '06[/QUOTE]

Actually, I had called my Frys here in Austin, and I had asked if the core and premium bundles would be available straight up or if they were going to bundle them and he said no bundles. This was just the lowest level of employee there, so maybe he didnt know.

Fry's update:

The previous ad only applies to some stores. Depending on your region, you will be forced to buy either a $419.97/$539.95 2-game bundle (Texas and Illinois) or a $519.97/$639.95 4-game bundle (San Jose, Los Angeles and Washington). The 2 games are listed as Call of Duty 2 and Madden 06. The 4 games add NBA Live 06 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

However, the ads list 1-2 additional SKUs, which would imply that perhaps bundles are available with different games than the listed ones?

Is there anyplace I can order one online right now and have it shipped to me?? Otherwise I might just try to hit Toys R Us on Tuesday morning to see if they have any available.

If Not, I'll just wait until they start turning up.....but I'm wondering if its even worth it for me to try. I might have to try just on a whim ;)

yea target, sears,best buy,and walmart are having first come first served ruls! So get your ass in all those stores soon as possible

Also for all of you that didn't want to wait in the cold you could just go to my favorite place for overpriced games:

CompUSA (they will be having these and most people didn't think of them.)

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Also for all of you that didn't want to wait in the cold you could just go to my favorite place for overpriced games:

CompUSA (they will be having these and most people didn't think of them.)[/QUOTE]

But when will they be selling them?

[quote name='Indonesia']finally mine is shipped from costco[/QUOTE]
Me too... I hope I get it this week but kind of doubt it.

bread's done
Back