Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

Looks like we'll have to wait till 8AM for the websites to update. Good thing I waited until the last minute to do a report that's worth 10% of my grade, that'll give me something to do, and I've already consumed 3 liters of soda to stay awake, so I'm probably good for a while. Too bad I have a 5k run tomorrow, would have been nice to be awake enough to finish it.

Screw it. I dont want the 360 that bad. If Amazon had them, they would be up. Oh well. Enjoy it guys, and fuck microsoft for making a 'core' system

Amazon never got updated, bleh. Sears didn't either it seems.
Wal-Mart.com was up there for a bit, but I didn't want a core bundle... still trying to get a premimum, and I didnt want to burn cash on 3 games.
Premium bundle is showing up with a different sku but It's still asking for $400 shipping.

That $400 shipping thing is annoying. I wonder if it's an artificial way of keeping folks from ordering while updating/prepping the inventory, or if it's just a bug/error.

interesting idea....when I went to my local radio shack yesterday they weren't getting any in...but I talked to the manager and she told me that if I came in today she would order me one and it would be here in five days. I don't see how that is possiable, but hey it is worth a shot.

Welp leaving for work in 10 mins, checked all the sites. Nada.
Still not willing to spend $700+ on a multi game bundle, especially with Tiger Woods and NBA Live. I'm not a big EA sports fan.

I'm sure websites will get them in stock here and there, too bad I have to go to work now :p

[quote name='almasy82']interesting idea....when I went to my local radio shack yesterday they weren't getting any in...but I talked to the manager and she told me that if I came in today she would order me one and it would be here in five days. I don't see how that is possiable, but hey it is worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard. If the inventory they have is different than whats online then I'm pretty sure I can get one, since they'd have to sell out within a few minutes of opening, and theres no time zone that can steal them all (unlike to any more western areas).

went to sams club this AM and there were 20 business members already. they were giving out passes for the first 20 business customers for 7 AM opening!

stopped at Target, opens at 8 AM but the one kid there said they gave all their xbox tickets out already so everyone went away to come back at 8 am.

I give up.. went to Walmart last night at midnight for a lottery. They only had 2 premiums and 10 cores. My number wasn't called but the very next ticket after mine was (it was only a core though). I went to Sears this morning and there were 5 people in line but they only had 4 systems. I drove by Target , Toys R Us, and Comp USA and everyone had sleeping bags out (each line had atleast 20-25 ppl) so I decided not to wait since I probably wouldn't get one anyway :whistle2:(

[quote name='clueless']went to sams club this AM and there were 20 business members already. they were giving out passes for the first 20 business customers for 7 AM opening![/QUOTE]

Same story here. Yeah, isn't it interesting that there are suddenly a whole lot of 17 year olds with businesses.

Best Buy has Crappy Core System Bundles now that supposedly ship with in 1 day. The premium system bundles are over priced and say 1-2 weeks on shipping.

[quote name='Fount']Same story here. Yeah, isn't it interesting that there are suddenly a whole lot of 17 year olds with businesses.[/QUOTE]

yep the sad fact was I would guess that 90% of the people in line were not gamers :( I would hope at least it ends up in their kids hands and not on Ebay

i went to all the stores by me and they were all sold out with bastards waitin on line from last night now they say i have to wait til januray to get xbox 360!!!

We need an official online Xbox360 availability thread dedicated to letting people know when a website gets more systems available to order.

I did just scour every single online retailer but obviously everyone is sold out atm.

bestbuy actually had a decent premium system bundle for $510 which included an extra wireless controller and Madden.

I had it in cart but then my damn best buy credit card didnt work when i was trying to check out and now they are all gone :mad:

[quote name='SnakeEater']bestbuy actually had a decent premium system bundle for $510 which included an extra wireless controller and Madden.

I had it in cart but then my damn best buy credit card didnt work when i was trying to check out and now they are all gone :mad:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just managed to get one of those checked out and everything. $610 to my door (here tomorrow).. Not bad, now to sell my crappy ass copy of madden.

[quote name='zaphon']Yeah I just managed to get one of those checked out and everything. $610 to my door (here tomorrow).. Not bad, now to sell my crappy ass copy of madden.[/QUOTE]

Got the exact same order in. Here's hoping...

I guess the best thing is to just have patience, you will be able to find a 360 after XMAS. I have been saving my Toyrus gift cards (purchase 75.00 and get a 10.00 card) to use when I buy my system.

if the best buy site says the 360 bundle is out of stock, does that include the one i have in my cart? Because i went back to my unfinished transaction and decided to see if i could finish it. And this time it took my best buy credit card and my order actually went through with the estimated shipping date listed as 11/28/05 - 12/1/05.

Does anyone know if my order will actually go through or should i not get my hopes up and expect that "order cancelled" email?

[quote name='SnakeEater']if the best buy site says the 360 bundle is out of stock, does that include the one i have in my cart? Because i went back to my unfinished transaction and decided to see if i could finish it. And this time it took my best buy credit card and my order actually went through with the estimated shipping date listed as 11/28/05 - 12/1/05.

Does anyone know if my order will actually go through or should i not get my hopes up and expect that "order cancelled" email?[/QUOTE]

It should go through. Worst that could happen is that you are on backorder for a few days.

[quote name='Pooter']amazon.com has bundles up[/QUOTE]

Too bad I don't have a grand to blow.

I don't know why these Ebay idiots don't just buy a 1000 bundle though. Has anyone done the math...are there any savings to this 1000 bundle?

Man I was ready to blow $ for the $800 amazon bundle but that was not available. I had to think a minute for the $1000 bundle. Thanks to 40 hours overtime this month I can afford this.. yeah its so UNcheapass of me

Interestingly, it was showing that my order from Best Buy was in fullfillment and being prepared for shipment, now it's showing my xbox 360 as being on backorder, while my controller and game will be shipping soon. WTF??? Calling Best Buy....

Unless I can get a 360 premium for $550 or less, Im not biting. 1 or 2 games isn't bad, but forcig you to get 4-8, scew them.

[quote name='dserafin1986']It's not really in stock though[/QUOTE]

Oh. well it said it *was* , so that was my assumption. I wasnt going to sign up just to check it

edit: but that does figure... considering the bundles dont exist anywhere else

Yes, its real bad around here. Pretty Much sucks and I just keep thinking if I was 30 Mins early or if I didnt shower I would have gotten one. I'll take hygeine over a 360 anyday though.

Just got off the phone with best buy where they gave me some mumble jumble about they only had limited stock, and that it was first come first serve on the orders this morning, and that their out of stock now. So tomorrow I will receive via extremely over priced over night shipping a copy of madden and a wireless controller, but NO xbox 360. Thanks Best Buy... I can't even cancel the order as it's in shipping status.

[quote name='zaphon']Just got off the phone with best buy where they gave me some mumble jumble about they only had limited stock, and that it was first come first serve on the orders this morning, and that their out of stock now. So tomorrow I will receive via extremely over priced over night shipping a copy of madden and a wireless controller, but NO xbox 360. Thanks Best Buy... I can't even cancel the order as it's in shipping status.[/QUOTE]

thats such bullshit. though admittedly these stores were basing their inventory off of false numbers from the distributors that cut down those numbers later.

[quote name='zaphon']Just got off the phone with best buy where they gave me some mumble jumble about they only had limited stock, and that it was first come first serve on the orders this morning, and that their out of stock now. So tomorrow I will receive via extremely over priced over night shipping a copy of madden and a wireless controller, but NO xbox 360. Thanks Best Buy... I can't even cancel the order as it's in shipping status.[/QUOTE]

Why can't you just refuse the delivery/package....just have then send it straight back.

[quote name='sega-trader']Radioshack never sold 360s till this morning so I don't know why they wouldn't be in stock.[/QUOTE]

I got in a radioshack order at about 5am today.

Man, even the $2,000 Best Buy bundle is sold out. What on earth would make someone pay that much for a system on release? What if it's DRE centreal like the first PS2s? Or an overheating moster like the first Xboxes? Seems like buying a console on launch is just asking to be raped.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yes, its real bad around here. Pretty Much sucks and I just keep thinking if I was 30 Mins early or if I didnt shower I would have gotten one. I'll take hygeine over a 360 anyday though.[/QUOTE]
I didnt see the need to shower, but then again still didnt get one. Dont mind tho, would have been stuck with a core.

[quote name='WebScud']Man, even the $2,000 Best Buy bundle is sold out. What on earth would make someone pay that much for a system on release? What if it's DRE centreal like the first PS2s? Or an overheating moster like the first Xboxes? Seems like buying a console on launch is just asking to be raped.[/QUOTE]

If you can't imagine spending $2000 on a bundle which retails for $2000, imagine those people on eBay right now who just paid $1200-$2000 for an XBox Premium without a bundle at all.

Oh, and for the record, went to Best Buy (98 units)...approx. 100-120 people in line, Target (already gave out vouchers), Circuit City (40 people in line...32 units), and CompUSA (30 people in line...22 units). Not very successful.

Thankfully, I had my GameRush preorder in since August, so I'll be picking mine up at 10am. :)

bread's done
Back