Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

I want to believe it but the formatting is definitely different fit the X1 listing compared to the others. Why October 01, November 05 then November 8? Also it says XBox.

Just some observations.
As a person who makes a living with spreadsheets, formatting doesn't mean a darn thing to pencil pushers and management. People regularly copy/paste out of other documents, type out values instead of using formatting/formulas, and all sorts of other things that makes people like me twitch.

They are the type of people who call the guy in green Zelda, and call the Vita a Game Boy. But you can be sure they are transforming some paradigms and leveraging their flexible analytics to drive global client growth like you wouldn't believe.

Well this makes it look promising that we will get the pre order dlc with battlefield. I still want all the games I'll never sell in all digital.

They are the type of people who call the guy in green Zelda, and call the Vita a Game Boy. But you can be sure they are transforming some paradigms and leveraging their flexible analytics to drive global client growth like you wouldn't believe.
You and I work with the same kind of people, my friend.

In case anyone is in the area Cherry Hill, NJ Target now has the xbox one pre-order cards available, they just came in apparently.  10 dollar pre order and you get a 10 dollar gift card bonus.

I wonder if anyone is working on a twerking game for the new kinect

Hank Hill and Miley Cyrus star in the hit twerking game Pancake Ass.

I was thinking "Miley Cyrus' Twerk-Off." :eek: if it doesn't become a game it could become a new adult film.

Lord please no.

One of the few females I WANT to keep her clothes on.

When they gone release the date? Now I heard they had to cut back on units being shipped to under 7 million. I have a feeling they won't release until February.

Major Nelson posted on his blog that there will be game announcements at PAX this weekend and will be in their booth.

So this was just pointed out in the other X1 thread...

If you preorder GTA V from the MS Store you get a $20 XBL credit which is just enough to get KI day one! No brainer if you are getting GTA V!

If you preorder GTA V from the MS Store you get a $20 XBL credit which is just enough to get KI day one! No brainer if you are getting GTA V!
Wish amazon were giving a credit.. i already ordered there during the 20% off promo period.. plus already applied some additional credit so im gonna keep my order with release day delivery

Has anyone had luck adding a gift card to your best buy order after it's been placed? I know Amazon lets you do this but dont see option in Best Buy,.

Has anyone had luck adding a gift card to your best buy order after it's been placed? I know Amazon lets you do this but dont see option in Best Buy,.

Pretty sure once it's placed it's placed. You might have to call.

I would totally do this but I NEED to have this game at midnight on the 17th. I can't wait a moment longer... Waiting for BF3 to be dropped off by UPS was a terrible experience. Can't have that with what is going to be one of the biggest launches of this generation.

Baaaaaaaaaaah HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placeholder Date - Dec 21, 2014

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

eryhute9.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to preorder something that far in advance.  And why is there no 5 after Halo?  Trying to reboot the name like the Xbox "One" I guess.... lol.

Anyone know if walmart stores are selling out of x1 pre orders?  I havent checked mine, just wondering if anyone has tryed and not been able to?

Baaaaaaaaaaah HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Placeholder Date - Dec 21, 2014

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

eryhute9.jpg

lol.. i made sure to preorder this during the amazon 20% promo fiasco... im set :)

Not sure if Its not as good as every 10 minutes tho, it uses a bid system.
Yeah I just read the entire FAQ. Seems like unless you get really lucky and win in a low-bid auction at a random time, you're gonna be spending a lot. I can already see people spending at least $400 just to win the damn thing. Then again, it all depends on how many points people have at a certain time, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codes will be printed on the INSIDE of Dorito's bags for once, so it looks like exploiting it that way is out.  They seem to have learned some things not to do lol.

You don't lose points that you use to bid though, unless you win.  Just like eBay.

Xbox Ones wouldn't be delivered until January to March though.  About 6,000 are given away I think, which is less than Every10Minutes from what I remember.  I think they were around 10-12k.

Codes will be printed on the INSIDE of Dorito's bags for once, so it looks like exploiting it that way is out. They seem to have learned some things not to do lol.
Totally off-topic but does anyone remember the free 100-400 M$ point codes that came with every Axe purchase at Target by peeling off the sticker located on the outside of the product and texting the code? Yeah, that was really dumb of them haha.

EDIT: @ Neo: Wow, I thought it said points used during auction won't be refunded even if you don't win. I think the max bid will be 150,000 since the max points a person can have is 150,000. And since the cheapest way to get points is probably the 2 liter bottle since Walmart has them for a little over a dollar, you can get a guaranteed win for $1500+!

Totally off-topic but does anyone remember the free 100-400 M$ point codes that came with every Axe purchase at Target by peeling off the sticker located on the outside of the product and texting the code? Yeah, that was really dumb of them haha.

EDIT: @ Neo: Wow, I thought it said points used during auction won't be refunded even if you don't win. I think the max bid will be 150,000 since the max points a person can have is 150,000.
I'm sure some will be like that, especially at first, since there's over a month to begin banking, but I don't know if 6,000 people all have the means to do that. The most points you can get from a single code is 300, so that's a lot of codes to build up.

I'm sure some will be like that, especially at first, since there's over a month to begin banking, but I don't know if 6,000 people all have the means to do that. The most points you can get from a single code is 300, so that's a lot of codes to build up.
You would be spending more money on the Doritos/Dew than just buying a XB1.

Many of the winners, I'd say at least half of them, won't be winning via codes they bought themselves from the store.  It'll be people buying codes off eBay, getting them from the manufacturing plants, or cutting open 24 packs.

I have a friend who wants to get the xbone now instead of ps4 but he would rather get it off amazon, any chance amazon will have more day one/launch bundles?

I have a friend who wants to get the xbone now instead of ps4 but he would rather get it off amazon, any chance amazon will have more day one/launch bundles?
If your friend checks around the time leading up to the official release, there could be more consoles made (unlikely) or orders available due to people canceling their pre-orders (more likely). There's always people who pre-order things that they cancel shortly before release.

If your friend checks around the time leading up to the official release, there could be more consoles made (unlikely) or orders available due to people canceling their pre-orders (more likely). There's always people who pre-order things that they cancel shortly before release.
This is true, but I think more likely Amazon will upgrade a standard order already placed to a day one before they go and make more day ones available.

He really only wants to play cod ghosts so I can see why he wants to stick with Xbox, activision has always supported them more. The dedicated servers was a big reason he somewhat changed his mind.

So would his best bet be pre ordering the standard edition Xbox for now and seeing what happens?

bread's done
Back