Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he was already inked for more films, maybe just Avengers 2? Anyway I hope he reprises his role.

Edit: from the article: "signed on for The Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Avengers 3 but after that he has no obligations to Marvel Studios"

Anyway hope he inks more films, can't see anyone else as Tony Stark.

Also this is way OT.
Posting an article that mostly focuses on Windows Phone and the Surface with a minor focus on the Xbox division seems equally OT to me...

I've run into a weird issue and I'm wondering if anybody else has seen it. I had a problem when Watch Dogs came out. I bought the game and started the download. Went to bed. When I turned my Xbox on a notification popped up that installation had stopped. It was sitting at the same percentage as where I had left when I went to bed. I just left the console on and it finished the download. I didn't think much of it. Everything I have purchased since then has finished downloading while the console is on.
That happened to me with Destiny Beta last night. I started the download and then shut down and when I turned it back on it said "1%" still. But after a minute it jumped back up to 60%. For some reason it took a while to update the percentage that it's actually on.

[quote name="kcobra22" post="11951060" timestamp="1406161486"]That happened to me with Destiny Beta last night. I started the download and then shut down and when I turned it back on it said "1%" still. But after a minute it jumped back up to 60%. For some reason it took a while to update the percentage that it's actually on.[/quote]
Yeah, I noticed it doing that tonight too. I deleted Watch Dogs and started it again to see if it would download. That worked fine. I'm starting to think the problem is starting a game before the download finishes and leaving it in standby. My Destiny download had no problem finishing today while I was at work.

Posting an article that mostly focuses on Windows Phone and the Surface with a minor focus on the Xbox division seems equally OT to me...
lol.. sure..

Here's one you all will like better since it's from your hero.

DualShockers: Games Seem Like a Better Use of Time Than Arguing on Forums, Microsoft Considering Wired Xbox One Controller, Says Phil Spencer

It's only a couple lines but I'm sure I won't be getting any hollywood gossip retort articles on this one.

We're missing the Destiny beta because we're sitting here posting in forums.  ACK! ;)

(I'm just catching up on all the threads before I quickly go to play the beta.  Must stop typing!)

Hrmm... My external storage just had an odd blip while playing the Destiny beta. The game exited suddenly, and then the Xbox said my external storage is ready to be used shortly after. Almost like it stopped working for a second and then reconnected. Odd. Never had that happen before.

EDIT - Wow, my phone likes to repost . . . if a mod sees this, feel free to delete this.

Am I missing something? Every controller is essentially a wired controller. All you need to do is plug in a USB cable.
Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything. But a wired controller would probably sell for $10 less, as they did on the 360. Handy for people who don't need wireless and want to save a bit.

i will say after playing destiny on both ps4/x1 i kind of like the x1 version better. Some reason the ps4 version is affect a ton by game only being 30 fps and pixles at times. another thing seems like x1 colors are brighter and lights are the same.

i will say after playing destiny on both ps4/x1 i kind of like the x1 version better. Some reason the ps4 version is affect a ton by game only being 30 fps and pixles at times. another thing seems like x1 colors are brighter and lights are the same.
I think you are the only person Ive seen saying this. I keep hearing X1 version is slightly darker with worse textures. And why would 30 fps affect one console worse than the other when they are essentially the same? Please explain.

Oh, and PS4 talk was forbidden, wasnt it? Or is that only when it comes to positivity towards said console?

[quote name="4thHorseman" post="11952201" timestamp="1406202956"]I think you are the only person Ive seen saying this. I keep hearing X1 version is slightly darker with worse textures. And why would 30 fps affect one console worse than the other when they are essentially the same? Please explain.

Oh, and PS4 talk was forbidden, wasnt it? Or is that only when it comes to positivity towards said console?[/quote]
I've seen a couple people say the colors look better on X1. Not just in this, but most multiplatform games. They look pretty comparable in any comparison video I've seen. I don't think any differences are a major issue.

I think you are the only person Ive seen saying this. I keep hearing X1 version is slightly darker with worse textures. And why would 30 fps affect one console worse than the other when they are essentially the same? Please explain.

Oh, and PS4 talk was forbidden, wasnt it? Or is that only when it comes to positivity towards said console?
Him mentioning comparing the games doesn't seem like specific PS4 talk so don't try to start something that isn't there.

To prevent further arguments, I think it's time to stop discussing the PS4 in this thread. I left discussion comparing the two here in the past, but it just leads to arguing and insults.

No more Playstation related posts.
Him mentioning comparing the games doesn't seem like specific PS4 talk so don't try to start something that isn't there.
I take that to mean even comparisons. He could have complimented what he liked about Destiny on the X1 without bringing the PS4 version up.

I've seen a couple people say the colors look better on X1. Not just in this, but most multiplatform games. They look pretty comparable in any comparison video I've seen. I don't think any differences are a major issue.
Agreed. Videos looks pretty damn comparable, although screenshots tell different stories from what I've seen. Nothing that should make someone say one version is miles ahead of the other though. It's much easier to nitpick with screenshots then during naturally playing the game. Because seriously, who really cares about "oh there is a small line of lights in this version but not in this one" when you are running around shooting people.

i never said anything about ps4 just comparing the game so just stop starting stuff. plus i did say what i liked about the x1 version and if i said that people would wonder what i was comparing it to.

Agreed. Videos looks pretty damn comparable, although screenshots tell different stories from what I've seen. Nothing that should make someone say one version is miles ahead of the other though. It's much easier to nitpick with screenshots then during naturally playing the game. Because seriously, who really cares about "oh there is a small line of lights in this version but not in this one" when you are running around shooting people.
im not nip picking from screen shots i have played both versions so just drop the stupid subject

Can you copy videos off an external harddrive onto the internal harddrive of the console?  Or can it upscale playing the video files directly off the external harddrive? I'm keeping my ps3 around for this very reason but, when I eventually get an xbox one something has to go and it's not gonna be my ps4 or dvr. 

That's odd. How's your placement of the Xbox One? As in, is it in an enclosed area? My line of thought is heat related.

I haven't had any issues like that personally.
It's got plenty of breathing room. It always happens when I go to play an online game, and it will say server not available. Other times it will just hang. A hard reboot fixes it every time, but is obviously annoying.

My $30 Cowboom Xbox One controller with the play and charge kit arrived. It was in like new condition and very clean.

Well looks like all the negativity surrounding the one game with gold per month on the Xbone was for nothing as we get 2 games this month:

Crimson Dragon

Strike Suit Zero: Directors cut

Pretty good month, can't wait to try Crimson Dragon, and hope they continue the 2 new games a month going forward.

Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero are the free Xbox One games for August.  That's a big win for me.  I've been holding off on buying both! 

Can you download the Xbox One Games with Gold on the Online Market place just like the 360 games? I won't have my Xbox One for a while.

Yes. That's what I did for the first month's games.

I have never bitched about free games for GWG or PS+ being stuff I already owned because that's silly for the most part. But I am annoyed that I just bought Dishonored during the Games on Demand sale and now they're giving it away. I think it's kind of shady to have a sale on a game on XBL and then do this immediately after.

But I am annoyed that I just bought Dishonored during the Games on Demand sale and now they're giving it away. I think it's kind of shady to have a sale on a game on XBL and then do this immediately after.
That has been an ongoing pattern for a while now. Battleblock was on sale April; free this month. Dust on sale Feb; free this month. Dark Souls on sale Feb; free last month. etc.

My guess is they put a game on sale and see how much it makes. Then MS goes to developer/publisher and says, look, your game was on sale and you only made $X. We'll pay you $X+50 (or whatever) to let us give it away as a free GwG.

You're better off spending your spacebucks on DLCs, season passes, etc.... things they won't give away for free.

I see your point, but to me, there's a big difference. Those other games were given away free several months after going on sale. With Dishonored, it will have been about 1 month (and onlly 2 weeks between sale and GWG announcement).

Yes. That's what I did for the first month's games.

I have never bitched about free games for GWG or PS+ being stuff I already owned because that's silly for the most part. But I am annoyed that I just bought Dishonored during the Games on Demand sale and now they're giving it away. I think it's kind of shady to have a sale on a game on XBL and then do this immediately after.
This has happened on PS+ several times also and it looks bad on both Sony and Microsoft when it does even though I'd bet it's out of their hands. Not sure how they can fix it, but maybe there should be a clause or something that prevents a game from being on sale at least 30 days before becoming free.

For Crimson Dragon, hit me up for multiplayer. Been trying to get the challenge for the special Snow dragon and the 25 multiplayer achievement for a bit now.

Also, on Xbox Fitness today a full exclusive P90X program is available. $60...but I think the fitness freak in me is going to win out over the cheapass. Might finally get my last 8 stamp cards done. Been slacking and doing a lot of 360 dance games instead of xbox fitness lately.

[quote name="CaseX" post="11962868" timestamp="1406572126"]That has been an ongoing pattern for a while now. Battleblock was on sale April; free this month. Dust on sale Feb; free this month. Dark Souls on sale Feb; free last month. etc.

My guess is they put a game on sale and see how much it makes. Then MS goes to developer/publisher and says, look, your game was on sale and you only made $X. We'll pay you $X+50 (or whatever) to let us give it away as a free GwG.

You're better off spending your spacebucks on DLCs, season passes, etc.... things they won't give away for free.[/quote]
That's not really a pattern. Any game that they are going to have for free is going to have dropped in price at some point. Yes, there may be exceptions like Guacamelle. That is business. You release a product at full price. When sales slow you reduce the price to entice more buyers. After that you use it as a loss leader to entice buyers for another product, such as Xbox Live. If you hold out there is almost always going to be a lower price. If the value isn't worth it then don't buy it at that price.

Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero are the free Xbox One games for August. That's a big win for me. I've been holding off on buying both!
Yeah bought both when I was on fast, no capped Internet knowing they'd prob jump on the GwG wagon. Oh well, I like both games, starting at $15 would have been good for each though. Oh I miss $5 and $10 digital games...

i guess this is their answer to the old ea sports program they had which seem to be dead now which sucks. Was great playing ea sports games 3 days early.

according ot game informer the games NEVER leave the vault 

Update: An EA representative tells us that the company has no plans on removing games from The Vault, which means the library of titles available will grow over time. Additionally, if your membership lapses, your progress will be saved should you decide to re-up later.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/29/ea-announces-access-subscription-program-for-catalog-games-discounts-early-play-time.aspx

as  a person that did season ticket for 25 bucks year this is auto buy 

The only catch that I can see is that EA probably won't add games to the library very often because they only release so many games a year and they'd like to have a chance of selling them for a while. I could see sports games being a majority of what's in there due to that being a large part of their offerings each year.

bread's done
Back