Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

True, but Madden 05 still outsold ESPN NFL 2K5 that year.

Not too sure about the other sports games though.

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

As part of the EA Access Services, members with an active subscription are offered (1) the ability to play a limited trial of certain EA Content 5 days prior to the date that EA Content is otherwise available on the Xbox Marketplace (“Play First”), (2) discounts on EA Content offered through the Xbox Marketplace (“Discounts”); and (3) access to a limited library of certain EA Content (“Vault Title(s)”) for unlimited online play (“Vault Access”) for the duration of their availability in the Vault. Limitations and exclusions may apply. For upcoming EA Content eligible for Play First and Discounts, and for current EA Content available in the Vault, and current details on other membership benefits, see http://www.ea.com/eaaccess. Certain EA Content may be excluded from Play First, the Vault, and/or Discounts (Titanfall excluded from all EA Access features); see http://www.ea.com/eaaccess for details on such exclusions as they become available.

EA reserves the right to change and update the EA Access Services, and the EA Content offered through the EA Access Services without any liability to you. In particular, Vault Titles are subject to change and may be removed, and the online services for certain Vault Titles may be discontinued. In the event that EA changes the EA Access Services, including the removal of Vault Titles or discontinuation of online services for certain Vault Titles, we will provide thirty (30) days advance notice to you by posting a notice on http://www.ea.com/eaaccess.

You may cancel your subscription at any time for any reason. In addition, Microsoft may terminate your subscription if you fail to comply with the Microsoft Terms of Use (http://www.xbox.com/livetou). Likewise, EA may terminate your Origin Account, thereby blocking you from the EA Access Services, for any violation of the EA Terms of Services (http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service). Please note, unless required by law, all EA Content (such as in-game entitlements, add-on content, and downloadable content) purchased in connection with the EA Access Services (including, without limitation, purchases made during Vault Titles) are non-refundable and non-transferable. If your subscription to EA Access is cancelled or otherwise terminated, you will not have further access EA Content until and unless you purchase the EA Content or Vault Title separately. In addition, Vault Titles contain functionality designed to disable access to those Vault Titles in the event that (i) your subscription is canceled or otherwise terminated or (ii) EA decides, in its sole discretion to remove certain Vault Titles as described above.

All content purchased with 10% discount will be lost if subscription is not active. Alternative is to re-buy the content separately according to the ToS.

Vault titles do not get saved into a "library", they will be removed when it comes time to rotate in new titles. <----I'm just assuming on this one based on the ToS.

If you get banned by Microsoft, you lose your EA access subscription, too.

Not all EA titles will be eligible for the Vault like Titanfall.
Ok not as good as first thought, it may not be completely like season ticket in the sens you get the full game for the 5 days, it may be timed, it may be a single mode, it may be the whole game... no one knows not even EA!

Also the losing access to the games you bought if you don't reup the subscription, that is dumb! So I get 10% only a digital title and if I don't keep my subscription going I can't play it anymore?! I'll stick with GCU for the same price at 20% for physical...

Maybe Sony knew a lot more about this, because as details come it sounds a lot worse then originally announced. I liked it, but there is a chance they could screw this up!

True, but Madden 05 still outsold ESPN NFL 2K5 that year.

Not too sure about the other sports games though.
ESPN NFL 2K5 was the first in the 2K series priced at $19.99 the day it shipped, much lower than market leader Madden NFL at $49.99. This greatly reduced Madden sales that year; one EA Sports developer recalled that "t scared the hell out of us".[2] EA reduced Madden NFL 2005's price to $29.95. In December 2004 EA Sports acquired an exclusive rights agreement with the NFL and NFLPA to be the sole creator of NFL video games.[3] The deal terminated 2K Sports production of any further NFL games. The ensuing season, Madden 2006, saw pricing returned to the $49.99 MSRP.

Yes it did, but look what is also caused... it scared the crap out of EA and forced a price drop, now xbox gamers can agree, competition that brings about a price drop is only good for consumers! I could only imagine what that team would have done with future 2k games. I mean NBA 2k is THE sports title and that team was the one doing NFL, NBA 2k graphics and gameplay in a football game?! :drool:

But a las EA stopped that!

Also the losing access to the games you bought if you don't reup the subscription, that is dumb! So I get 10% only a digital title and if I don't keep my subscription going I can't play it anymore?! I'll stick with GCU for the same price at 20% for physical...
WOW. That is so stupid. No wonder Sony said f.u. So you're paying $60 - 10% discount to rent a brand new game for a year... yeah.... ok, EA...

The sad thing is most people won't read that fine print and won't realize their mistake until their subscription ends.

WOW. That is so stupid. No wonder Sony said f.u. So you're paying $60 - 10% discount to rent a brand new game for a year... yeah.... ok, EA...

The sad thing is most people won't read that fine print and won't realize their mistake until their subscription ends.
There's been conflicting reports on this, but if its true then its horrible and I will not join.

I dont think that's true. Im not sure who Bestkeeper14 quoted but the last paragraph of the quote was not part of the EA Access ToS. I couldn't find anything in the ToS that says you need an active EA Access subscription to play games you bought with the discount.

I dont think that's true. Im not sure who Bestkeeper14 quoted but the last paragraph of the quote was not part of the EA Access ToS. I couldn't find anything in the ToS that says you need an active EA Access subscription to play games you bought with the discount.
Haha. Yeah that block of quote looks misleading. I read up to the first sentence of that last paragraph and didn't bother reading the rest. Lol. Can't imagine it's true because that would be pretty crappy.

that was an htz post from the other thread, I also posted the info that is actually from EA

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-announces-5-month-xbox-one-subscription-program/1100-6421373/

• Digital content (such as DLC and maps) will be sold separately, but at a 10% discount. An EA represnentative clarified, "Once you purchase any DLC, it is yours to own, even if your membership lapses. All of your progression is retained."

• Games will continue to be added to The Vault, and we currently have no plans to remove any game from The Vault, but we might not be able to keep games in The Vault forever.

Games will continue to be added to The Vault, and we currently have no plans to remove any game from The Vault, but we might not be able to keep games in The Vault forever.
They might not keep games in The Vault forever, because EA does not support it's game's on-line servers indefinitely.

Of course, if they had already adopted a business model that didn't focus on annual releases, this wouldn't be a problem. But it would also have invalidated the existence of an EA Access-style initiative, so whatever.

Actually, unless it's an online-only game, that has nothing to do with it. It's a licensing thing. But as I pointed out in the other thread with your rant about sports games' value, you've clearly demonstrated that you don't fully understand how that stuff works.

I don't understand the amount of hate towards EA for this. If you aren't interested then don't get it. It's not like this is going to be a mandatory thing from here on out, at least not yet. I know EA is quite easy to hate but this seems a little ridiculous at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Mako1215" post="11972439" timestamp="1406848623"]I wonder what other games will be added. So far garden warfare is interesting to me.[/quote]
It kind of surprises me it wasn't already. If I had to hazard a guess it will probably be the next game they add.

For all the external Hard Drive users - Does the Hard Drive speed matter (5400rpm vs 7200rpm)?  I know USB 3.0 is a must, but curious if speed matters?  I have friends who buy everything digital and they are looking to get a external drive. 

For all the external Hard Drive users - Does the Hard Drive speed matter (5400rpm vs 7200rpm)? I know USB 3.0 is a must, but curious if speed matters? I have friends who buy everything digital and they are looking to get a external drive.
Speed makes a difference on loading, saving, and installation times. The default drive is 5400, but people get better speeds with faster drives. I wouldn't go with less than 7200; I hate loading times.

[quote name="eastx" post="11973897" timestamp="1406900675"]Speed makes a difference on loading, saving, and installation times. The default drive is 5400, but people get better speeds with faster drives. I wouldn't go with less than 7200; I hate loading times.[/quote]
I picked up a 5400 just to save a little cash. It does appear to still be faster than the internal drive. Not as big of a difference as 7200 or SSD would make, of course. I guess this has to do with USB 3.0 being faster than the internal connection.

I don't understand the amount of hate towards EA for this. If you aren't interested then don't get it. It's not like this is going to be a mandatory thing from here on out, at least not yet. I know EA is quite easy to hate but this seems a little ridiculous at this point.
Well, on the PC side you see what they did with EA Origin. And Ubisoft with Uplay, but they may have backed off that one a little. But it could turn worse if everything is on their terms. [customspoiler="Forget the Past"]Let's everyone just forget about Sim City, Battlefield 4, and Dungeon Keeper.[/customspoiler]I would hope people will have learned by the time The Sims 4 comes out, with content like pools and toddler stage taken out to be sold as DLC for later, maybe people will learn.

Other publishers could follow/copy and we'd have this huge split (on consoles) that could be disastrous. Personally, I don't want to see the gaming industry head down this path.

So I am going to be buying an xone at some point in the next few months (between now and oct). Is there any recommended time to buy or should I just wait till I see a deal popup somewhere?

So I am going to be buying an xone at some point in the next few months (between now and oct). Is there any recommended time to buy or should I just wait till I see a deal popup somewhere?
If sales stay the way they are currently, you'll see some sort of deal. I'm guessing Halo collection bundle around December.

are you an xbox live gold member? If you are, you can "purchase" the free monthly games from the website so that when you get an Xbox One, you'll have a few games already.

are you an xbox live gold member? If you are, you can "purchase" the free monthly games from the website so that when you get an Xbox One, you'll have a few games already.
Actually no, this will be my first dive into x-box. Mainly getting it to play with my GF and her friends and for Forza 5 because I hate Gran Turismo but I really want to play a good driving game, lol.

i would wait till black friday to get one, since you mention next few months. there are bound to be good/better deals.

Supposedly there might be another $50 official price drop from Microsoft. Not sure if it will be in the U.S. market or just Spain and some part of the European market. If you can wait, I think it's best to wait for Black Friday.

well Aug 26th a Kinectless Xbox One Bundle will release with a digital copy of Madden 15 for $399.99

Also includes a token for three Ultimate Team pro packs.

Pretty decent deal.

Supposedly there might be another $50 official price drop from Microsoft. Not sure if it will be in the U.S. market or just Spain and some part of the European market. If you can wait, I think it's best to wait for Black Friday.
The CAG in me wants to wait until Black Friday but I would rather not deal with the hassle. I will just wait till a good sale comes up, should be one at some point. I would like to get the x-box before Sunset Overdrive so I can play with my GF because she is getting one in October.

Although if they do announce that Sunset Overdrive x-box I might need to hit that. Because the only xone games I want right now is that and Forza. Halo Collection comes out after.

The CAG in me wants to wait until Black Friday but I would rather not deal with the hassle. I will just wait till a good sale comes up, should be one at some point. I would like to get the x-box before Sunset Overdrive so I can play with my GF because she is getting one in October.

Although if they do announce that Sunset Overdrive x-box I might need to hit that. Because the only xone games I want right now is that and Forza. Halo Collection comes out after.
It's Xbox, dude. Xbox.

Yeah, I echo the rest in saying wait for the Sunset Overdrive or Black Friday bundles.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap used XB1 online?  

Amazon has some for about $300 at times, but price went back up to $370 plus.

Finally got in the preview program yesterday and received the update today. So how do I get the code for EA Access? The app is listed but is unavailable. I know I need a code.

Finally got in the preview program yesterday and received the update today. So how do I get the code for EA Access? The app is listed but is unavailable. I know I need a code.
I'm not quite sure how it's going to work for you since you joined after the initial launch of it. Those that were in the preview before it launched received one time use codes to redeem it via messages on Xbox. Keep an eye on your messages, and hopefully you'll get one too.

The 1.8 gig update made my tv/system "flicker" more often, had to go back to 720p and then back to 1080p.

BTW Ryse is coming out to PC this fall. Another exclusive lost.

But I am going to double dip down the road when it's dirt cheap, Ryse at 4k is going to be glorious to look at. Still the best looking console game so far.

bread's done
Back