Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Whirlwind is the only semi-reasonable thing they're selling. That granny's lucky her grandson doesn't have a life-threatening condition 'cause that kid would be dead before anyone bought this stuff.

[quote name='Tsel']^That's not really that ridiculous considering some copies of MW3 have sold on eBay for $1700. I kid you not.[/QUOTE]

Yea but there's only so many stupid people in the world that have that amount of cash to drop on a video game. I hope..

[quote name='Tsel']^That's not really that ridiculous considering some copies of MW3 have sold on eBay for $1700. I kid you not.[/QUOTE]

How early were they getting the game for $1700? I can't believe anyone would pay that much to get a copy early.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juangrande386']http://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/2686945552.html
Nintendo items for sale, please read (South County)

Date: 2011-11-05, 1:38PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
We are in need of money for gas to get my grandson to hospital for cleft palate surgery, so we are selling the items below. Please e-mail if interested. Thanks!:)

1) For sale is a Nintendo DS Lite Crimson & Black Handheld System that is USED, NO stylus or NO charger, one hinge is broke but does not affect game play. Touchscreen has scratches but you can still play the games like normal. Included is a carrying case for the DS Lite and a Zelda game case that holds 6 games. We are including ONLY 1 Nintendo DS game-Spore Creatures and 1 Nintendo Advance game- Polar Express. See pic below. You must pick up. We are asking $90 for all but not less than $75, CASH only!

2) For sale is a Nintendo Gameboy printer it has a small amount of paper that is sticker paper. Batteries have been replaced so we know it works and includes 2 connector cords. Also included is a Nintendo Gamboy Advance for parts or repair ONLY. The screen is cracked and it has accessories. Games play on it but since screen is cracked you can not play any games. See pic below. You must pick up. We are asking $60 for all but not less than $50, CASH only.

3) Also for sale is a BRAND NEW, NEVER OPENED --Skylanders Whirlwind exclusive from Target. We are asking $10 firm because this item is becoming harder to find. CASH only. See pic below. You must pick up.

So not only are they over charging for broken stuff but theyre even telling you that you can give them a lower amount of money than they want. IDIOTS. You dont tell people what your lowest accepted amount is! Do you people not understand that?![/QUOTE]

Someone actually bought the ds LOL!

[quote name='Zarathos']http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2669389512.html

Original NES and 11 games all working - $175 (Independence)

Date: 2011-10-26, 1:08AM CDT

System in excellent condition, used 30-40 times back when popular gun is included. games are Super mario/duck hunt, Contra, RC Pro Am, Tiger Heli, Metroid, Spy Kid, Castlevania, Baseball, Spy Hunter and Spy vs. Spy[/QUOTE]
smh...Hopefully there wasn't anyone that dumb in Independence to buy that.
Mah hometown, letting me down...

What somebody bids and what somebody actually pays are 2 different things. I would almost guess a majority of those bidding them up that high have little to no feedback.

too much work to list the games I guess? and is it $40 or $100? I'd email him but I'm a wierdo....

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2691073141.html
Super Nintendo System and games - $40 (Raymore, Mo)

Date: 2011-11-07, 10:57PM CST

Super Nintendo System with some games in GREAT SHAPE and barely played. All for $100 bucks or best offer! Please email me and let me know if you are interested

CASH ONLY

No Scammers, spammers, or weirdos..............................

You can almost never go by the price in the subject when it comes to Craigslist. About 90% of the stuff I see on there will just say $1. As for not listing the games...either the guy is lazy or he is baiting potential buyers to see who might be genuinely interested. If someone actually bothers to get in touch with him, he has a better chance of closing a deal with them. Theoretically anyway.

CALL OF DUTY : Black Ops ------ Ps3 - $30 (SFV)

Date: 2011-11-07, 9:42PM PST
Call of Duty : Black Ops --- FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3
Comes with Disc, Box and Manual... PERFECT FLAWLESS CONDITION.

$30 cash, no other offers. Will trade for Mw3 and I WILL ADD $20.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/vgm/2691105713.html

What a deal! You can pay $64.xx at a B&M store for just-released MW3 and trade it to this guy for a year-old game (which they value at $30) + he'll throw in another $20 to sweeten the deal.

Where do I sign?!

[quote name='ZombieToast']You can almost never go by the price in the subject when it comes to Craigslist. About 90% of the stuff I see on there will just say $1. [/QUOTE]

That's my #1 peeve with craigslist and that's because a price isn't even required to be put there! If they don't want the price given in the title, just don't put one at all FFS!

I agree. so sick of seing all the post with 1 dollar then to click on it and oh look its 200 dollars for some overpriced crap. Also soo many times i see people seeling 10 xbox games for like 150 dollars and i go and look it up on like gamestop and look only 50 dollars for the games

Hi guys,
I was just perusing my local craig's list for comics and found this ad to be rather, well... douchy.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/clt/2672701921.html
As someone who knows about comics as well, the poster is right that a lot of comics from the 90s glut have little value. But, I just found the attitude and lack of balanced information something that irks me. I don't get if he's trying to help people, or just trick some folks into selling something like, say Todd Mcfarlane's Spider-man run on the cheap.

Anyway, just wanted to share with some folks that know about comics as well.
Peace.

The thing is: he's kinda right. People just don't care about comics anymore. The market became oversaturated and cover prices went way too high, so many people lost interest and their values plummeted. I wish it wasn't true because I have a few boxes that I want to unload and I miss the days of buying hours worth of reading for $50, but the economy sucked the fun out of it for many folks.

And while they were great books, Todd McFarlane's run of Spider-Man isn't really worth much. You'd be lucky to even get the cover price for most of them (this is actually a great time for me to complete my collection...if I decide that I want to). Spawn #1 isn't even selling for a dollar right now and it used to go for no less than $20. Of course, not many things with McFarlane's name on them are worth anything because he's spent the last few years ruining his good name and shitting all over his fans.

that list of games better be large and rare...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/gms/2673434440.html

Garage Sale alot of stuff (independence, mo)

Date: 2011-10-28, 11:41AM CDT
HI having garage sale for 2 days only today friday and tomarrow sat. come take a look and make offer on what ya like have few chiefs shirts and jackets left shirts 5 jackets 10 chiefs leather jacket 60.00 ford racing jacket leather 60.00 alot of nick nacks sub speaker box 10 inch. Game boy advance Sp game and abunch of games and other stuff i bought for it adult owened taken care off everything goes in lot for 100.00 No Fear Jacket 15.00 tv stand with slots for dvds and stuff 5.00 address is 1505 S. Pearl indep, mo. 64055 can look up on maps are navagate. open now oct. 28th tell around 5 are so

-------------

edit: and I'm also a dummy for catching this ad about 2 weeks late...

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/vgm/2694151495.html
Logitech G25 PC/PS2/PS3 racing wheel - $250 (LSU)

Date: 2011-11-09, 4:50PM CST

Up for sale is a near mint condition Logitech G25 racing wheel system. Comes with everything it came with from the factory, including the actual shipping box I received it in. The wheel rotates perfectly through all 900*, the H-gate shifter shifts through all 6 forward gears and reverse without issue, and all three pedals function as new. Here is the list of games and platforms this wheel works with, along with what features are compatible with said games:

http://www.logitech.com/en-sg/265/3932
http://logitech-en-ap.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8009

I bought the wheel for use with my PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, but My PS3 has been a worthless paperweight since the end of 2008, and I'd like to use the money from this sale to have it repaired, since I miss my Blu Ray movies, as well as the rest of my PS3 games I no longer have the ability to enjoy.

Here is the Amazon product page for the wheel:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963416-0403-G25-Racing-Wheel/dp/B000GP8448

As you can see, this wheel gets a LOT of love with 4.6/5 stars with 172 reviews, as of November 9, 2011. It is a great wheel, and like I said, the only reason I'm even bothering selling it is because my PS3 doesn't work right now and I can't afford to fix it right now, and I don't really like driving games on PC. The wife has also been begging me to get rid of it pretty much since the day the PS3 went kaput.

Asking price is $250, local pickup in the LSU area only, which I feel is pretty fair, considering the cheapest used wheel on Amazon is $225 plus $13.99 shipping. The next cheapest besides that one is $299.99 plus $13.99 shipping. However, asking price is negotiable, but if you're going to throw out an offer of less than $200, don't waste my time or yours. This wheel is immaculate and has seen very limited use, probably around 15 hours of total use since I purchased it in April 2008. This will make a great gift for the holidays for the racing game nut or the gearhead who likes gaming.

If you would like to test the wheel out before purchase, feel free to bring your PS3 and game of choice with you and I can set up the wheel for you. I have GT5: Prologue that can be used to test all functions if you just want to bring a PS3.

Yea. $250 is a fair price for a several year old item when you can buy a G27 brand new (with full warranty) for $250 or less. :roll:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2697608630.html

Modern Warfare 3 - $30 (Milwaukee)
Date: 2011-11-11, 4:27PM CST
Hi I'm selling my Modern Warfare 3. The game is perfectly brand new and unopened, so the reason I'm selling this for such a low price is because I have two of them. I won both of them from a stupid offer that I did online. I'm giving you a great deal and I promise that the game is not used. So please email me if you have any questions about the game.

Thank You

5Q35U25S53o93p43l9bbbe104c687de0c1e08.jpg

This guy thinks he's pretty clever, selling whatever disc is inside that fake cover art and a resealed xbox 360 case for $30.

The best part is CoD fans are dumb enough to buy it from him for sure.

[quote name='xenozfan2']http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/vgm/2700441997.html
Tony Hawk RIDE Game & Controller - $100 (Michie, TN)
Tony Hawk RIDE video game with wireless Skateboard Controller

For Play Station 3

$100

Text: 662-four-one-five-one-five-six-nine

Really? Who in the hell thinks that is worth $100 used when you can get it new at gamestop for $15! And its not even worth $15.[/QUOTE]
It's so sad the game series went so far downhill. They should take it back old school like THPS1-4.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']It's so sad the game series went so far downhill. They should take it back old school like THPS1-4.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Personally, I think THPS2 was the pinnacle of the series.

Donkey konga drums good as new! - $50 (chula vista)

Date: 2011-11-15, 7:41PM PST

donkey konga! fun but could be funner with another one of these! call me at 619 392 4048 if interested, or email me. willing to go 40$ to 35 if u live far and have to drive over here.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/vgm/2704821552.html

lol I see these everywhere for like $5. They are as common as the steering wheels :lol:.

4 ps3 games - $100 (Odessa)

Date: 2011-11-14, 11:28PM CST

4 ps3 games for 100 bucks. No scratches on it.
Mortal combat vs DC universe
Resident evil 5
Sonic sega all stars racing
Toy story 3

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
=============================================================

this made my morning :)

http://odessa.craigslist.org/vgm/2703094253.html

Last edited by a moderator:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/vgm/2706141726.html

PS3 games wanted - $5 (Channahon)

Date: 2011-11-16, 4:22PM CST

Will buy your used PS3 games for $5.00 each.
NO SPORTS GAMES
NO SCRATCHES

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2706141726

====================================================

Yea, if you need to get rid of your PS3 games. $5 a piece is a great offer...

[quote name='Sinnbox']Not a bad deal, less than GameStop would charge,[/QUOTE]
The ad was different, it was set at $75 and he apparently didn't know Goldeneye was for Wii.

still not quite awake so I may be missing something here, but I'm seeing a couple of fails...

for example:
used games at full retail... yeah, no thanks buddy....

math errors, everything listed comes to $290, or you can "get everything mentioned above $300"... unless he means the other games he may have that he's forgetting

"All items are individually priced, and are already discounted."... my ass...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2707056568.html
Nintendo Wii with Accessories - $1 (Kansas City, MO)

Date: 2011-11-17, 9:18AM CST

I am selling my Nintendo Wii and all the accessories/games that go along with it. Below is the individual items and prices associated with them.
Nintendo Wii console (includes all other items that game with console such as cords and sensors) with (2) Controllers, (2) Nunchecks, (2) Protective Sleeves, (1) Carry Case - $160
I also have the Rock Band 2 game with the entire instrument collection (Guitar, Microphone, Drums with Kick bass and drum sticks.) - $50
There are a few games that I can remember off the top of my head, and I believe there are some that I may be forgetting;
Madden 2010 - $20
Lego Star Wars - $20
Lego Indiana Jones - $20
Lego Batman - $20
I will check what other games that I have and update the listing.
I will also attach photos that I take tonight when I get home.
All items are individually priced, and are already discounted. To get everything mentioned above $300. Would be a great gift in time for the holidays.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/vgm/2706882334.html

Just in time for Xmas----7 xbox games - $40 (va beach, va)
Date: 2011-11-17, 7:40AM EST
there are 7 games, most have instruction booklets all have cases

True Crime NYC
Project Gotham Racing
ESPN 2K5
Rainbow Six 3
Sims 2
Madden 2002
Medal of Honor Rising Sun

All for $40, Great for Christmas

$15 would be a generous price for that lot. Oh and nothing makes a great Christmas gift like Madden 2002.

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/vgm/2707659587.html

Video Games (Triad)

Date: 2011-11-17, 3:14PM EST

Holy cow!!! I don't know where some of you are getting your prices from!!?!? A N64 DK cart only for $20? A gamecube with a $25-$30 Zelda game, and 11 chump tiles for $175?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It's no wonder you people have to re-list your crud EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

It's tards like yourself, and the moron on Storage Wars who thought he had a $13,000 Nintendo (even if you had a 1st run, really low #, it's the same price of a late model, not a dime more!) that make this hobby really funny.

Do some research, instead of looking up crap on Ebay and Amazon.

I say again......BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yah, the crack whores are out en force lately with their overpriced crap. Thankfully ive been pricing stuff on there at reasonable prices and im almost out of extra things around the house to sell. I upgraded to a 32" 1080p 3DTV and sold my old 26" LCD in 1 day on CL.

Today a guy called about a video game I had posted on Craigslist. He said he could meet up with me somewhere, but he couldn't do so until around 5-6pm. I said that was fine... but later regretted agreeing to these terms. The reason being is that ever since the end of Daylight Saving time, it's been getting dark around here really early (generally around 5:30-6pm). I hadn't taken into consideration that it would be dark when I met up with this unknown individual to sell the video game.:wall:

Around 5pm I get a call back from this guy, just as it was getting dark out. I said that I could meet up with him at the local Costco in about 15-20 minutes. As I was on my way driving their I get a call back from the guy saying that he was already there. He goes on to tell me "I'm parked on the right side of Costco in the VERY BACK of the parking lot." At this point it's completely dark out, so I said "Uh how about we meet up at the Kohl's next to Costco since it has a smaller parking lot". He replied in an annoyed tone with a bit of hesitation "Okay, whatever". At this point red-flags started going up in my mind, and I started to weigh in whether it was worth selling a stupid $20 game. I didn't read too much into it though and proceeded on.

As I was pulling into the Costco/Kohl's parking lot, I saw a couple guys standing towards the back of the Kohl's parking lot in the unlit portion. At this point I'm thinking to myself "God that better not be one of the people who wants to buy this video game". Low-and-behold it was. I called the guy back and said "I just got here, I'm parked right up here in front of Kohl's.". I could hear annoyance in the guy's voice once again, but I couldn't have cared less if he had to walk over to where I was parked. No way in hell was I going to drive over to the unlit portion of the parking lot to sell him the video game.

Anyways I had intentionally made sure to park extremely close to the store where it was adequately lit. Luckily there were quite a few people walking in and out of the store when the guy walked up to buy the game. I could tell from the look of this guy that he was untrustworthy. He was a big ol' fat mofo, who looked like he had come straight from the trailer-court. After he bought the game, I high-tailed it out of there and am happy nothing bad came out of this encounter.

Although nothing bad happened, I should have gone with my gut feeling and bailed out of the deal.

Man I'm too much of a chicken to take that risk for a few bucks. Sometimes I look around and see some stuff I could sell but then the idea of meeting some stranger and going thru the hassle just turns me off. My Brother in law has sold all kinds of crap and never had a problem but he's also over 6 feet and built like a Mack truck. Oh well.....

bread's done
Back