Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Perhaps with making that statement, you could provide some in-depth reasons as to why you don't believe it to be new?[/QUOTE]

because the box is opened. there's obvious wear to the flap that opens and seals the box.

2401103.jpg

[quote name='jer7583']because the box is opened. there's obvious wear to the flap that opens and seals the box.[/QUOTE]
Just because the box is opened doesn't mean it's been used. Nintendo never sealed them back in the day and it's rather common for people to open the box to snap a few photos of the contents. Everything else inside looks about as new as it can get. The box just has a little bit of shelf wear.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Today a guy called about a video game I had posted on Craigslist. He said he could meet up with me somewhere, but he couldn't do so until around 5-6pm. I said that was fine... but later regretted agreeing to these terms. The reason being is that ever since the end of Daylight Saving time, it's been getting dark around here really early (generally around 5:30-6pm). I hadn't taken into consideration that it would be dark when I met up with this unknown individual to sell the video game.:wall:

Around 5pm I get a call back from this guy, just as it was getting dark out. I said that I could meet up with him at the local Costco in about 15-20 minutes. As I was on my way driving their I get a call back from the guy saying that he was already there. He goes on to tell me "I'm parked on the right side of Costco in the VERY BACK of the parking lot." At this point it's completely dark out, so I said "Uh how about we meet up at the Kohl's next to Costco since it has a smaller parking lot". He replied in an annoyed tone with a bit of hesitation "Okay, whatever". At this point red-flags started going up in my mind, and I started to weigh in whether it was worth selling a stupid $20 game. I didn't read too much into it though and proceeded on.

As I was pulling into the Costco/Kohl's parking lot, I saw a couple guys standing towards the back of the Kohl's parking lot in the unlit portion. At this point I'm thinking to myself "God that better not be one of the people who wants to buy this video game". Low-and-behold it was. I called the guy back and said "I just got here, I'm parked right up here in front of Kohl's.". I could hear annoyance in the guy's voice once again, but I couldn't have cared less if he had to walk over to where I was parked. No way in hell was I going to drive over to the unlit portion of the parking lot to sell him the video game.

Anyways I had intentionally made sure to park extremely close to the store where it was adequately lit. Luckily there were quite a few people walking in and out of the store when the guy walked up to buy the game. I could tell from the look of this guy that he was untrustworthy. He was a big ol' fat mofo, who looked like he had come straight from the trailer-court. After he bought the game, I high-tailed it out of there and am happy nothing bad came out of this encounter.

Although nothing bad happened, I should have gone with my gut feeling and bailed out of the deal.[/QUOTE]

People act shady when they've got something to hide or ulterior motives. I'm surprised he didn't demand to meet in an alley at 1am. You were lucky nothing happened. If I ever sell anything on craigslist I'd take friends along and pepper spray. I tried to sell a DS lite on CL once and got some low offer bs but one guy seemed serious, got him on the phone and he tries to offer me his kids PSP in exchange for my DS. He didn't want to buy anything. It was a waste of my time.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Just because the box is opened doesn't mean it's been used. Nintendo never sealed them back in the day and it's rather common for people to open the box to snap a few photos of the contents. Everything else inside looks about as new as it can get. The box just has a little bit of shelf wear.[/QUOTE]
I guess you're just the type of customer he's looking for. From what I can tell just by looking at the pictures:

The bags for the console and manuals aren't the real ones with red writing on them.
All of the bags are wrinkled and dull, when they should be crisp.
The controllers have been used (you can tell because the cords have been unwrapped, and the ties are missing).

This is what "as new as it can get" looks like:
isqvv.jpg

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2715460831.html

Original Xbox - $150 (Independence, MO)

Date: 2011-11-22, 9:56AM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have an original Xbox still in very good condition. Comes with a custom decal skin I got years back. This is also a modded console. It has a ton of NES, SNES, Sega, N64, and Atari games on it. Its also got a few xbox games burned onto the hard drive. I'm also including the wire Mad Catz controller with it you see in the pictures. I'm asking $150 OR BEST OFFER. Everything works great still, I just never play it anymore. Please feel free to email me with any questions you might have! Thanks for looking!

[quote name='lmz00']I guess you're just the type of customer he's looking for. From what I can tell just by looking at the pictures:

The bags for the console and manuals aren't the real ones with red writing on them.
All of the bags are wrinkled and dull, when they should be crisp.
The controllers have been used (you can tell because the cords have been unwrapped, and the ties are missing).[/QUOTE]
I would never pay that much for a system, regardless if human hands had never touched it. And thank you for the pic, as I stand corrected. That's the reply I was looking for. Instead of just saying it wasn't new as described, you took the time to show me the difference.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I would never pay that much for a system, regardless if human hands had never touched it. And thank you for the pic, as I stand corrected. That's the reply I was looking for. Instead of just saying it wasn't new as described, you took the time to show me the difference.[/QUOTE]

lmz00 collects tons of new stuff... Including CRT TVs NIB, IIRC... That's a lot of abbreviations, huh.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Today a guy called about a video game I had posted on Craigslist. He said he could meet up with me somewhere, but he couldn't do so until around 5-6pm. I said that was fine... but later regretted agreeing to these terms. The reason being is that ever since the end of Daylight Saving time, it's been getting dark around here really early (generally around 5:30-6pm). I hadn't taken into consideration that it would be dark when I met up with this unknown individual to sell the video game.:wall:

Around 5pm I get a call back from this guy, just as it was getting dark out. I said that I could meet up with him at the local Costco in about 15-20 minutes. As I was on my way driving their I get a call back from the guy saying that he was already there. He goes on to tell me "I'm parked on the right side of Costco in the VERY BACK of the parking lot." At this point it's completely dark out, so I said "Uh how about we meet up at the Kohl's next to Costco since it has a smaller parking lot". He replied in an annoyed tone with a bit of hesitation "Okay, whatever". At this point red-flags started going up in my mind, and I started to weigh in whether it was worth selling a stupid $20 game. I didn't read too much into it though and proceeded on.

As I was pulling into the Costco/Kohl's parking lot, I saw a couple guys standing towards the back of the Kohl's parking lot in the unlit portion. At this point I'm thinking to myself "God that better not be one of the people who wants to buy this video game". Low-and-behold it was. I called the guy back and said "I just got here, I'm parked right up here in front of Kohl's.". I could hear annoyance in the guy's voice once again, but I couldn't have cared less if he had to walk over to where I was parked. No way in hell was I going to drive over to the unlit portion of the parking lot to sell him the video game.

Anyways I had intentionally made sure to park extremely close to the store where it was adequately lit. Luckily there were quite a few people walking in and out of the store when the guy walked up to buy the game. I could tell from the look of this guy that he was untrustworthy. He was a big ol' fat mofo, who looked like he had come straight from the trailer-court. After he bought the game, I high-tailed it out of there and am happy nothing bad came out of this encounter.

Although nothing bad happened, I should have gone with my gut feeling and bailed out of the deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZombieToast']That's quite a long-winded way of saying that absolutely nothing happened.[/QUOTE]

I laughed for a good minute! Buy seriously, some people are just weird and crazy. I only meet at stores that have cameras, such as Walmart or Target and wait at the Star Bucks or McD's. Safe and very easy to meet someone to do transactions!

Get one now before they sit on the shelf... and only double the price!!!!
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/2719802153.html

Limited Edition Blue Nintendo wii - $180 (SW)

Date: 2011-11-25, 9:48AM PST
This is a Limited edition blue wii brand new unopened. Get it while it last, perfect christmas gift.
Call or text 702-:cry:;):drool:-eight zero six one.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5V15Z15Q63n33m83p1bbp72d32944eab91f30.jpg

Legend of Zelda 3D DS Game - $55 (Hemet/San Jacinto)

Date: 2011-11-29, 12:56PM PST
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]
Brand New never opened still in plastic wrap

Serious Buyers only Please

$55 OBO

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5Y35U05X43nc3kf3mdbbt9c173b4f26d515fe.jpg

[quote name='aptanor']The ad sounds silly, but I'd answer it. Looks like there's a lot of stuff and the NES in the picture looks like it has a $3.00 sticker on it.[/QUOTE]

Really? No wonder junior never came down there.

Picked up a couple RRoD xbox 360 consoles off of CS for $30 each (with all cords) yesterday...

Took 'em home, opened 'em up (1 of them hadnt even been opened before), cleaned the dust out, removed the fan & shroud, then removed any x-clamps and heat-syncs. I then cleaned the old thermal paste off the GPU & CPU of each unit, then reapplied new thermal paste and bolted the heat-syncs back onto the board with M5 bolts and some custom 2mm thick nylon washers (throwing away the old x-clamps in the process...yuck). I then reflowed both boards with my trusty $20 Milwaukee heatgun and after letting them cool for ~1/2 hour I slapped everything back together (after modding the fans of course for maximum ventilation, to help prevent future RRoD) and they greened up beautifully. Already sold one of them for $85 (with a 20GB HDD I had lying around)...so now Im up $25 for an hours worth of work, and when I sell the other one I will be up ~$110. Some people on CS are stupid indeed. :p Easy money for me though... ;)

this seems just a tad overpriced to me... http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2747142126.html

Indigo Game Boy Advance with Light, Case, & 5 Kids' Games - $70 (Independence Center/Crown Center)

Date: 2011-12-15, 11:03PM CST
This is a dark purple-blue GameBoy Advance, original version, complete with its battery cover, and a brand new scratch-free screen.
Comes in its original box, which is pristine also, so this item looks brand new!
Includes a top-of-the-line Gamester light attachment, padded case, and 5 great kids' games.
This is a gift any little boy would love.

Games are:
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Batman Vengeance
F-Zero
Moto GP

This is a great starter set or low-budget toy for trips, vacation, or visits to Grandma's house.
It's also great for keeping kids occupied at the doctor, dentist, etc. rather than sharing germs in the toy area during flu season.
And these original versions of the GBA are practically indestructible, so they're great for younger kids.

Please email with your phone number and area location so we can plan when/where to meet.
Also, PLEASE MENTION INDIGO GBA IN YOUR EMAIL; I have more than one GBA for sale.
No spammers, please. Cash only. Will not ship. Email or call at 8!6-2O4-197six.
Thanks for shopping!

Milwaukee KEEPIN IT EDUCATED

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2682075571.html

games of sale yo - $60 (eastside)

Date: 2011-11-02, 4:32PM CDT

yo $$$$a i be selling 3 pokemon ds games (black, soul silver, ranger guardian signs) and 2 gamecube controllers. i be on the east all day everyday so just hit me through email ya mean..burleigh mothafucka zoo all day

REAL N WORDS AND POKEMON WHAT

Ps3!!! Trade! - $200 (San Dimas)

Date: 2011-12-20, 10:37PM PST
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]
Hi I have an original ps3 60gb trade for some 420 stuff haha bongs bubbler kush hit me up all trades I'll consider email me
With ur number and i text you

PostingID: 2763495095

Trading a PS3.....for weed.

The enthusiasm over this game's status among other RPG games is what makes this ad great.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2757294884.html

*The Ultimate RPG of all time for Playstation 1:::SILENT HILL:::!!!!* - $20 (Oak Creek)

Date: 2011-12-21, 1:37PM CST

In FLAWLESS Condition!! Please call 414-502-5272 or text 414-688-0405 if interested. (Not Factory Sealed like shown)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5V15U55Ff3n33Fd3ocbcge1f538196de41947.jpg

Also, using a stock image from google that is not your disc only copy that is taped together with packing tape and also is a burned copy.

Also, your garden variety "prices are lower than gamestop so you wanna buy this 4 year old game for $20 rite??" post.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/2763918024.html

PS3 games for sale less than gamestop - $20 (waukesha)

Date: 2011-12-21, 11:02AM CST

Call of Duty 4 - Modern warfare($20)- excellent condition

Call of Duty-World at War ($20)- excellent condition

Airborne- Medal of Honor($20) - excellent condition

Assassins Creed ($20)- excellent condition

Cash only .. Can buy as a bundle for $75.00

would it kill him to list out everything???

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/2751049183.html
Videogame items for sale - $550 (KCMO)

Date: 2011-12-29, 10:22AM CST

Cleaning out videogame items, accessories, and etc.

1. Steel Battalion (Used Once)
2. 1 new Paper Mario n64
3. 1 new Resident Evil 2 n64
4. Samba de Amigo Maracas
5. 2 Neo Geo AES games
6. System Boxes
7. Systems
8. Promotional Items and Standees
And more... Not willing to part out. Will only sell as a lot.

Not CL, but from a local B/S/T group on Facebook.

Somebody listed a Sega Saturn w/ Panzar Dragoon for $20. I messaged them back to set up a p/u the next day. When I went to pick it up, she informed me it didn't work when they tried testing it, so I could just have it for free. Took it home, and the disk wouldn't spin. Took it apart, and soldered the 2 points that tell when the lid is open, and slapped it together. Works perfect now.

So, for free, I got a (now) working Sega Saturn, Panzar Dragoon (complete), 2 controllers (only 1 is a 1st party), A/V hookups, and official Sega RF.

Nothing under $20

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/vgm/2758013474.html

If you're interested in buying a game, please leave me your name and number. Thanks.

Wii games:

Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition (complete w/ CD Soundtrack & History Booklet) - $40

Gamecube games:

Mega Man X Collection - $30
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - $30
Zelda Four Swords Adventure - $30
Super Mario Sunshine - $20

DS games:

Super Mario 64 DS - $20
Kirby Canvas Curse - $20
WiFi USB Connector - $30

PS2 games:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection - $20
King of Fighters 2002/2003 - $30
Rule of Rose - $40

PS1 games:

Vagrant Story - $20

PS3 games:

Super Street Fighter IV - $20

PSP games:

Star Ocean: First Departure (brand new sealed) - $20

Xbox games:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - $20
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (GTA III, Vice City) - $20
Stubbs the Zombie - $20
WWE Raw 2 - $20

N64 games:

Zelda Ocarina of Time - $20

NES games:

Super Mario Bros 3 - $20
Mike Tyson's Punch Out - $20

Genesis games:

Splatterhouse 3 (complete w/ case & manual) - $40

Only overpriced by about $10... well, for one in MINT condition...
Come on, dude!!! Buy it... "Some" of the cover is still there!!!
OOPS!!! Sorry!!! It's "not up for sale!"
Super Smash Bros. (nintendo 64) - $35 (Sunrise Mtn)

Date: 2011-12-30, 5:02PM PST
In great condition super smash bros :)
The cover is peeled off but some is left.

BEST GAME TO PLAY ON NINTENDO 64 is not up for SELL!!!

please text or call 702:roll::cry::applause:1531

5K45P65J93kf3M23H2bcu315d437ba09c17c3.jpg
fuckfuck

[quote name='judasmaiden15']Nothing under $20

If you're interested in buying a game, please leave me your name and number. Thanks.

Wii games:

Super Mario All Stars Limited Edition (complete w/ CD Soundtrack & History Booklet) - $40

Gamecube games:

Mega Man X Collection - $30
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - $30
Zelda Four Swords Adventure - $30
Super Mario Sunshine - $20

DS games:

Super Mario 64 DS - $20
Kirby Canvas Curse - $20
WiFi USB Connector - $30

PS2 games:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection - $20
King of Fighters 2002/2003 - $30
Rule of Rose - $40

PS1 games:

Vagrant Story - $20

PS3 games:

Super Street Fighter IV - $20

PSP games:

Star Ocean: First Departure (brand new sealed) - $20

Xbox games:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - $20
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (GTA III, Vice City) - $20
Stubbs the Zombie - $20
WWE Raw 2 - $20

N64 games:

Zelda Ocarina of Time - $20

NES games:

Super Mario Bros 3 - $20
Mike Tyson's Punch Out - $20

Genesis games:

Splatterhouse 3 (complete w/ case & manual) - $40[/QUOTE]
This one really isn't that crazy. A couple of them are slightly overpriced, but for the most part he has ebay/amazon prices, or slightly below.

bread's done
Back