Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Construction/reorganization for the Lego room has officially commenced! I found a killer table on Craigslist for $10 that the former owner used for a model train setup that is the perfect height for my boys to construct their little worlds on. My brother is helping me with the organization of the bricks too.

I'll upload pictures as soon as I make some decent headway.

[quote name='Squarehard']I'm about to hit critical limit on where to store my anime... =\

scaled.php

scaled.php

That bottom row in the first picture is the last of the space I have.

Now to figure out my next move...[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Prepac-4-Sided-Spinning-Media-Storage/dp/B0010X2HDY

[quote name='elessar123']Critical mass! (Imagine they were games instead of books.)

302b8a0f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was almost there in college, minus the occupied floor space. When I ran out of bookshelf room, I starting building up "cubes" made out of books in two corners--let's see, they were about four feet tall and around two feet on the width and depth dimensions.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Construction/reorganization for the Lego room has officially commenced! I found a killer table on Craigslist for $10 that the former owner used for a model train setup that is the perfect height for my boys to construct their little worlds on. My brother is helping me with the organization of the bricks too.

I'll upload pictures as soon as I make some decent headway.[/QUOTE]

IDK what this has to do with video games, but I approve!

After stalking this thread for a while I finally took some pictures of my collection.

Here's the Den with shelves full.
6546006819_674917df59_b.jpg
Fireplace Mantle in the Den.
6550028959_0d6c7aa988_b.jpg
Gaming Center.
6550173475_8d5c6869c8_b.jpg
Close up of the shelves.
6546013337_1af8b7295c_b.jpg

6546014011_b046573f85_b.jpg

6546014865_eb339df487_b.jpg

6546016353_e6b582993c_b.jpg

6546015485_cea2d1216b_b.jpg

6546027297_0a93d794c5_b.jpg

6551297391_70afbc5b28_b.jpg
Playchoice-10 that was once a Superman arcade unit, and I suspect Punchout before that.
6546032835_991aa86731_b.jpg
Garage that stores all manor of cords, accessories and broken Ms. Pacman cocktail arcade unit.
6550025865_da595b90a6_b.jpg

Sorry some of the pictures are blurry and dark. Lighting is horrible in the Den, currently trying to put a new ceiling fan in to help. The blurry is my fault from trying to take them too fast. Enjoy. Comments welcome!

[quote name='creech42']After stalking this thread for a while I finally took some pictures of my collection.[/QUOTE]

Nice collection set up you got there.

Even though it took you awhile to post a pic, looks like it was worth the wait. :bouncy:

I know it's not games, but... It's sort of related, if you played Lego Pirates.

2011-12-21_21-01-33_466.jpg

Just finished Queen Anne's Revenge 15 minutes ago. It's on a new glass shelf from Ikea, above the TV. Plan on attaching them to the wall with fishing line at some point.

[quote name='elessar123']I know it's not games, but... It's sort of related, if you played Lego Pirates.

2011-12-21_21-01-33_466.jpg

Just finished Queen Anne's Revenge 15 minutes ago. It's on a new glass shelf from Ikea, above the TV. Plan on attaching them to the wall with fishing line at some point.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! How much did those sets cost? And that shelf is awesome, i fucking love ikea.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Awesome! How much did those sets cost? And that shelf is awesome, i fucking love ikea.[/QUOTE]

I paid $50 for TBP and $7x.xx for QAR.

Hey guys I'm looking for some bookcase/shelving ideas... Is there a general consensus on quality shelving for dvd size media? I think I read that most people were into the Sauder brand but I wasn't sure if there might be something cheaper out there. I'm probably going to try to get it from amazon with prime shipping. Thanks for any feedback!

PS sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't quite remember where I saw the Sauder discussion.

[quote name='cheeky']Hey guys I'm looking for some bookcase/shelving ideas... Is there a general consensus on quality shelving for dvd size media? I think I read that most people were into the Sauder brand but I wasn't sure if there might be something cheaper out there. I'm probably going to try to get it from amazon with prime shipping. Thanks for any feedback!

PS sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't quite remember where I saw the Sauder discussion.[/QUOTE]

I guess that partly depends on the space you have available for shelving.

One of the things I like about the Sauder shelf (this one, http://www.biglots.com/search/product/1133) is that the board they use for each shelf is pretty sturdy, so it's just one solid row across.

You don't have to mess around too much with what will fit in each space, like the Atlantic shelves where each row is split up into multiple columns, and you're essentially wasting a space or two with the extra pieces of wood between each row.

I think my Sauder stand is great, so no complaints here, and definitely the best bang for your buck considering how much it holds in comparison to some other stands.

[quote name='cheeky']Hey guys I'm looking for some bookcase/shelving ideas... Is there a general consensus on quality shelving for dvd size media? I think I read that most people were into the Sauder brand but I wasn't sure if there might be something cheaper out there. I'm probably going to try to get it from amazon with prime shipping. Thanks for any feedback!

PS sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't quite remember where I saw the Sauder discussion.[/QUOTE]

DVDs and games don't weigh a whole lot compared to books, so most shelves should be ok.

Atlantic is another cheap brand, but their newer shelves are not as good (i.e. the older 1080 CD one that I have 1 of, and some have many).

Ikea also has some relatively cheap ones, like the Benno line, which I have several of.

I'd suggest not getting ones that have too many vertical divisions, unless you absolutely don't care about sorting your collection, and actually despise it.

[quote name='elessar123']DVDs and games don't weigh a whole lot compared to books, so most shelves should be ok.

Atlantic is another cheap brand, but their newer shelves are not as good (i.e. the older 1080 CD one that I have 1 of, and some have many).

Ikea also has some relatively cheap ones, like the Benno line, which I have several of.

I'd suggest not getting ones that have too many vertical divisions, unless you absolutely don't care about sorting your collection, and actually despise it.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thank you both. Going to check out the Sauder's at my local Big Lots (no Ikea in the area darn it!).

Sauder is definitely the way to go. They're not of the highest quality, but they're cheap, relatively sturdy, roomy, and they look pretty decent. I have one sitting next to my nice entertainment center (they are conveniently the same color) and you can't even tell that it's just cheap particle board.

I started cleaning up my room a bit, trying to organize/re-organize... and noticed that only a few of my trading games are in the bin they're supposed to be in but a lot of stuff isn't. Of course, this happens when you piecemeal things and since I haven't really been trading as heavily as I did in the past, it's been a neglected problem for a while.

So I decided to organize my trading bin first, starting with my portable games. I started looking and found the random boxes, manuals, and carts... 3 hours later:

Those are all of my trading GB/GBC/GBA games. Never realized it was so much until they've in one box. Besides a 3 or 4, they're all complete and in great shape.

I need to be more vigilant with my games... I've got a shit ton of PS2 games scattered about too...:whistle2:k

It's finally time to share.

Living room/main gaming setup. My TV is a Samsung 55" LED. I love it. The sound bar is a cheap Vizio. I'm not much of an audiophile, so it does the job well enough for my purposes. Bonus: cat rolling around her catnip rug. Also, my wife likes pandas...hence the pandas.
livingroom.JPG

Full view of the main shelf.
mainshelf.JPG

Top half of the main shelf featuring Blus and PS3 games. Why yes, there is a wedding picture right above Scorpion and Sub-Zero.
mainshelftop.JPG

Bottom half of the main shelf featuring my PSP, DS Lite, controllers, Xbox 360 and PSP games. And a Lost Planet figure because I can't find a better place for it.
mainshelfbottom.JPG

Second bedroom/office area. That's my desk with a Samsung monitor and Samsung phone (I like Samsung). My PC is a mid-range tower. It runs new games fairly well, but I'm a very casual PC gamer. I mostly use it for Dolphin/PCSX2. To the left is my old TV, a Sony 32" LCD. It runs the PS2, Wii, and the second Xbox 360 with Kinect we got for Black Friday.
office.JPG

Behind my desk is my "swag" shelf, of sorts. Here's the top half. I really like the concept for my Final Fantasy collection, but you'll notice it's missing several key ingredients (like most of the PS1 era games). The FF3 you see is my entire DS collection. XD
swagtop.JPG

And here's the bottom, with mostly last-gen games. Jade Empire is my entire Xbox collection. One of my favorite items from my collection is somewhat visible here, a sealed copy of Shadow Hearts 2.
swagbottom.JPG

Finally, here's a shelf of misc. stuff there was no better place for. It's in my bedroom.
misc.JPG

Nice collection Blank Earth. :applause: I would love to get me a set of the Mortal Kombat bookends like yours.

I should be able to post my game collection by the end of the week. I have five complete Sega Saturn games on the way from eBay sellers and a new PS2 copy of Fatal Frame that I would like to have in my collection before I take pictures. :)

I attempted to post pics of my collection twice with details of each picture, but Firefox crashed on me both times and I lost all of my progress. I spent about thirty minutes each time before failing.

Does anyone have a method to make this process any easier??? I was copy and pasting the pictures into the post and had to re-size each picture so they were not huge on the webpage. I was also inserting "show spoiler" tabs that I have seen many others use. I only have about 15 pictures or so.

[quote name='WViking']I attempted to post pics of my collection twice with details of each picture, but Firefox crashed on me both times and I lost all of my progress. I spent about thirty minutes each time before failing.

Does anyone have a method to make this process any easier??? I was copy and pasting the pictures into the post and had to re-size each picture so they were not huge on the webpage. I was also inserting "show spoiler" tabs that I have seen many others use. I only have about 15 pictures or so.[/QUOTE]

If you use photobucket, you can upload all of the pics to an album and then paste each one in your post.

Just a heads up. CAG logs you out if you do not check "remember me" when you log in. It used to happen to me all the time. You can also hit preview post once in a while to make sure your updates are showing as you work.

[quote name='WViking']I attempted to post pics of my collection twice with details of each picture, but Firefox crashed on me both times and I lost all of my progress. I spent about thirty minutes each time before failing.

Does anyone have a method to make this process any easier??? I was copy and pasting the pictures into the post and had to re-size each picture so they were not huge on the webpage. I was also inserting "show spoiler" tabs that I have seen many others use. I only have about 15 pictures or so.[/QUOTE]

Upload it to somewhere like photobucket/imageshack.

Then type out

[ SPOILER ]
[ IMG ] [/IMG]
[ /SPOILER]

without the spaces, but with the line-breaks. Copy-paste the block as many times as you have pictures.

In between the IMG and /IMG tags, put your images' URL.

I had problems like that all the time back when I was on dial-up. If I ever had an important or lengthy comment to post, I always wrote it in Wordpad first. It saved me a lot of turmoil back when I had a blog.

My internet speed is fine. It is FireFox that keeps crashing. I will give it another try but I will use ImageShack this time.

CAG keeps telling me "your submission could not be processed because the token has expired, please reload the window." I have never had this problem before. I keep reloading the page and nothing changes.

*I just want to say thanks to the people who helped me figure out how to post this.*

This is my collection as promised. I apologize first for my bad camera work. I am not a photographer in any way. These pictures were taken last night so the collection is current, minus one complete Sega Saturn game that I have coming in the mail in the next few days.

I had a lot of these games/items for a while but the majority of this collection was bought in 2011. My favorite game series is Metal Gear Solid so you may see a few different games throughout the series.

You may find duplicate copies of some games. The reason for this is because my wife likes to play games with me so we buy two copies of certain games that we can play together. For example, there are two copies of MW2, Black Ops, and MW3 in my collection. I usually try to get one of the duplicates in a special edition so they are different on the shelf.

Here is the full collection in this picture. It may look bare right now, but that is because I bought another shelf and put it upstairs and that is where my DVDs migrated. My DVDs took up an entire shelf. I have 6 shelves downstairs and 1 shelf upstairs. I did not take a picture of my DVD shelf upstairs, because I wanted to just show off the games. My blu-rays will migrate upstairs when I buy another shelf. Each shelf holds 228 DVDs.

scaled.php

Here is a look at the side shelf. I keep some collector's editions on this shelf as well as my nes games. The Uncharted 3, Dead Space 2, and Fallout New Vegas (hidden behind Dead Space 2) collector's editions are still sealed. There are some Star Wars figures on the bottom shelf.

scaled.php
scaled.php

Here is the top of the corner shelf. There is a Kinect box hidden behind the Deathsmiles Special Edition box. Nothing fancy

scaled.php

Here is the corner shelf. I use this for retro games. There are N64, Dreamcast, Playstation, and some Game Boy games. Inside the black bag is a Game Gear and a few games.

scaled.php

Here is the top of some of the other shelves. The yellow puff-ball monster with red hair is the FlishSmash mascot. My two 3DS cases (yes, one of them is a bear) are on top of the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter box. There is a Wii box behind the surround sound speaker and Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection Limited Edition. You can also see my Michael Jackson, and Tommy Wiseau bobble-heads. Random, I know...

scaled.php
scaled.php

Here is the PSP, PS2, and PS3 shelf, along with other goodies.

scaled.php
scaled.php

Here is a close-up of the goodies. The top-right shelf has my Bioshock 1 Big Daddy Figure, Homer plush from the Simpson's Game, Devil May Cry 4 artbook, and Condemned 2: Bloodshot multiplayer guide. My Sealed Halo Reach Limited Edition is on the top-left shelf along with the box of my Razer Onza Xbox 360 controller.

scaled.php

Here is my PSP section. I do not have may games, but I did not get a PSP until April 2011. There are many other PSP games that I want (Persona 1 for example) so I expect this section to grow in 2012. My favorite here is the Persona 2 game with soundtrack.

scaled.php

Here is the PS2 section. Some of these games are still sealed (Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection being one of them). This is the part of my collection that I wish was bigger. I hope to add a lot more PS2 games over time. Fatal Frame II + III are next on my list alongside Final Fantasy X + X-II. The shaving cream can, which is Killzone 3 themed, is used as a bookend for my PS2 games. My prizes here are the sealed Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection and Final Fantasy XII: Collector's Edition.

scaled.php

Here is the PS3 section. My PS3 section grew a lot in 2011, because I was buying some multi-platform on the PS3 instead of the Xbox 360 when I read the PS3 version was superior. Some of these games are sealed. My prize here is the Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition. I am still trying to find an Infamous 2: Hero Edition for my collection.

scaled.php

Here is my Xbox 360 Collection with some close-ups. This is the largest part of my collection. I have 180 Xbox 360 games, with several being duplicates as mentioned above. There is a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 that is loaned out that is not in these pictures. Some of my Xbox 360 games are sealed collector's editions that are not in the shelves, but on top of them, such as the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition, Tony Hawk Shred, and Deathsmiles Collector's Edition. A couple of my cases are double-packs, such as the Saints Row Double Pack. Some of these games are still sealed.

You can see I have a custom Modern Warfare 3 case in these pictures. I made this custom artwork (on a piece of computer paper) so I did not have to open up my Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition box up every time I want to take the disc out or put it back in.

My favorite pieces here are the sealed Bioshock 2 Limited Edition, and my opened Alan Wake Limited Edition. The Alan Wake Limited Edition is pretty sweet I must say.

scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php
scaled.php

Here is the top of another shelf. Here is my Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition (love the fightstick), Bioshock 2 Limited Edition, and Club Nintendo's 2011 Platinum Award (located directly right of Bioshock 2). You can also see my 3DS and PSP boxes. I like to keep the boxes for future storage reasons.

Sandwiched in between the Newegg box and Mortal Kombat box is some video game swag that I have not displayed yet. This includes the Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition pre-order artbook, The Beatles Rock Band bundle post cards, and a Call of Duty Black Ops lazer cell.

scaled.php

Here is the Sega Saturn section. I just bought a Sega Saturn right after Christmas so this is the newest section of my collection. I have one more complete game on its way from an eBay seller. The Japanese game in the jewel case is a Dragon Ball Z game.

scaled.php

Here is the Wii, GameCube, DS, and 3DS section. Many of the Wii games are sealed, but only one DS game, Gianna Sisters (US), is sealed. My prize here is either the sealed Metroid Prime Trilogy, or my opened Radiant Historia with soundtrack for the DS. There are two copies of the Guitar Hero game on the DS because I ordered one from GameStop's website and they shipped me two instead.

scaled.php

Here is my blu-ray section. I am not sure how many there are since I have not counted them in a while. Again, the blu-rays will migrate upstairs when I buy another shelf.

I like the Lion King lunchbox that came with the 3D Copy of the blu-ray at Best Buy. There is a Darth Vader plush that my wife bought me from WalMart the day after Christmas for $2.

My favorite piece here is the Star Wars Complete Collection on blu-ray. I really like The Walking Dead Limited Edition as well.

scaled.php
scaled.php

Here is where I game. I know it is messy at the moment, and I will clean up some of the wiring due to my keyboard/mouse and wired Xbox 360 controller.

I play on a Vizio 47 inch, 3D TV. I have my surround sound receiver, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, Sega Saturn, HD Direct TV box, and PC hooked up to the TV via sound receiver. My surround sound set-up is an Onkyo 7.1 system with the side speakers on tall-boys.

scaled.php
scaled.php

I like to collect steelbooks as well. I do not have many of them (15 to be exact) and many of them are DVD/Blu-ray. The video game steelbooks that I have are: Cars 2, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 3, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: MW3, Final Fantasy XII, Cursed Mountain, Metroid Prime Trilogy. I also have the Zavvi Exclusive Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection Limited Edition pre-ordered and it comes with a steelbook case.

That does it for now. Hopefully 2012 is good to me and I can add to my collection. I hope you guys enjoy this collection as I know I do.

Feedback is welcomed!!!

Hot collection bro. I appreciate the smaller scale ones over the "omg I own everything" setups.

Could use less greatest hits though /preference

[quote name='WViking']

Here is a look at the side shelf. I keep some collector's editions on this shelf as well as my nes games. The Uncharted 3, Dead Space 2, and Fallout New Vegas (hidden behind Dead Space 2) collector's editions are still sealed. There are some Star Wars figures on the bottom shelf.

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

In the 5 years or so that I've been viewing collections on CAG, I think you are the first person to NOT have their NES games sitting on their sides, so as to be able to see the titles of top.:lol:

If you're worried about dust, they're just as likely to get dust inside whether they're sitting horizontally or vertically.

[quote name='Vinny']In the 5 years or so that I've been viewing collections on CAG, I think you are the first person to NOT have their NES games sitting on their sides, so as to be able to see the titles of top.:lol:

If you're worried about dust, they're just as likely to get dust inside whether they're sitting horizontally or vertically.[/QUOTE]

I got the nes games on Christmas. I have not had time to figure out where I am going to put them. They will most likely be moved where they may be put on their side. :)

[quote name='WViking']I got the nes games on Christmas. I have not had time to figure out where I am going to put them. They will most likely be moved where they may be put on their side. :)[/QUOTE]

Still... it just seems like it'd be the logical thing to do to place them in the manner than lets you see the names. But whatever. Too bad N64 carts don't have such a feature with the names on the top or sides.

[quote name='Vinny']Still... it just seems like it'd be the logical thing to do to place them in the manner than lets you see the names. But whatever. Too bad N64 carts don't have such a feature with the names on the top or sides.[/QUOTE]

He has enough clearance to see the titles if he wants to keep them that way. :booty:

I will be posting my (non boxed) NES collection within the next month (I know I said it before) and it is a PITA to keep shuffling them when they are stacked. I thought about turning them on their sides, like a CD, but I went with the stack instead.

[quote name='WViking']My internet speed is fine. It is FireFox that keeps crashing. I will give it another try but I will use ImageShack this time.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I wasn't implying anything about your connection speed; I just meant that it happened to me a lot on dial-up because of disconnect issues and whatnot.

[quote name='Vinny']In the 5 years or so that I've been viewing collections on CAG, I think you are the first person to NOT have their NES games sitting on their sides, so as to be able to see the titles of top.:lol:
[/QUOTE]
I have my NES games sitting upright as well. I've actually never even considered putting them on their sides because in my mind, that's just not how they go. Not that it matters much either way, though, because I plan on putting them all in UGC's in the near future.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh, I wasn't implying anything about your connection speed; I just meant that it happened to me a lot on dial-up because of disconnect issues and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay ZombieToast. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I had some problems trying to post the first two times last night, but today was a positive experience. I am happy that I could post my collection since the other game collections brought me a lot of enjoyment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some amazing collections here ... I need to round up mine. I thought I had an impressive collection but after seeing some of your guys lol.

Maybe after I finish building my car up, I'll have to continue my arcade machine collection. Only have 1, building a MAME, but going for a room full :D

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I have my NES games sitting upright as well. I've actually never even considered putting them on their sides because in my mind, that's just not how they go. Not that it matters much either way, though, because I plan on putting them all in UGC's in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Pfft... well nuts to all of you.:p

I just realized that I officially hit 1000 games yesterday (well, 1001). The 1000th game? Digimon World Data Squad...:whistle2:/

Wish it was something more historic or special (like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Earthbound). Well, at least it was fully complete, with the stickers and all...

I can't wait until I move into a new place in February and I can get things a little more organized and take some pics that aren't completely awful :lol:

This may sound nerdy, but we're on a video game forum so I figured I'd ask..

Does anyone display their rarest/favorite games at all?

I'm looking for something to put some of my rare old games in that would protect them but also let me display and show them off, kind of like you'd do with autographed baseballs or something.

I don't have too many rare games, but the ones I do have a special meaning to me and I just wanted to find something that would look right to display them in? whether on the wall or on a desk.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']This may sound nerdy, but we're on a video game forum so I figured I'd ask..

I'm looking for something to put some of my rare old games in that would protect them but also let me display and show them off, kind of like you'd do with autographed baseballs or something.

I don't have too many rare games, but the ones I do have a special meaning to me and I just wanted to find something that would look right to display them in? whether on the wall or on a desk.[/QUOTE]

Fading would be the biggest problem. I would use some kind of UV filtering plexiglass in front of them or something.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']This may sound nerdy, but we're on a video game forum so I figured I'd ask..

I don't have too many rare games, but the ones I do have a special meaning to me and I just wanted to find something that would look right to display them in? whether on the wall or on a desk.[/QUOTE]
You can get them graded at VGA, or if you don't care about getting them graded, they sell acrylic cases separately, including UV-resistant ones.

464382690.jpg
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Part of my NES collection. You won't find copies of FF1, Crystalis, or either Zelda in better condition.
And yes, that's a copy of Mega Man 1 =)

Edit: picture disappeared, got better ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']Hmm, I don't see anything.[/QUOTE]

Mega Man 2, 3, 4 and 6 are under the NES toploader towards the left of it, with Mega Man 1 pulled out on display at least, just don't seem to see 5.

Yes, I meant that I don't see a picture (don't really care for MM). I don't even see a spot where a picture would go; it's just a line of text. And quoting the post doesn't reveal anything.

[quote name='slowdive21']Same here, I don't see the pic.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']I see a broken image.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, the link expired. Re-upped the picture and added 2 more.

464382690.jpg
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Part of my NES collection. You won't find copies of FF1, Crystalis, or either Zelda in better condition.
And yes, that's a copy of Mega Man 1 =) I don't have a box for Mega Man 5, but otherwise the NES MM collection is complete.

bread's done
Back