Zelda: TP Limited Edition Hardback guide back to 19.99 Best Buy B&M

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
Edit: Oh sad day that they now are back to 19.99!

I put in this thread, but people (Edit: Indeed, Sir Roufuss) are saying it deserves its own thread.

The LE Zelda Guide with the gold trim and cloth map is $17.99 at Best Buy in store. In-store link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8174487&st=zelda&type=product&id=1162594204759

I didn't know this. I saw it at 19.99, decided using a GGC on it was good enough for me, so I checked out. I noticed the clerk was taking a little longer than I thought he would. Turns out it rang up 17.99, but he overrode the coupon's 19.99 limitation anyway, giving it to me for 12.99.

At the worst you can get it for 17.99, aye?

Edit: Wanted to add this - oddly, the LE guide was next to the other Prima guides (both the Wii and GC versions), and they were marked 19.99 as well. So go figure on that.

Edit 2: The bullet list on the back states "written specifically for the Wii version." Sorry Roufuss. :(

Edit 3: Holy shit. Appears to be 9.99 now. ....I OVERPAID THREE DOLLARS!!!

[quote name='pimpinc333']What time did you go? I bought mine at about 2:30 ish.[/QUOTE]

I bought it at 6 pm EST, like 40 min ago.

The $9.99 price is reflected on their website now as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']You're right, it must have JUST done that, because I just looked and it was $17.99 as soon as I got home.

Best Buy is fucking crazy.[/QUOTE]

WTF?!?!
I'm just confused all of a sudden.
I think I threw away the receipt already since I didn't think it could ever be cheaper than $12.99 ($17.99-$5 GGC).

Just went back to the store. Instead of paying $12.99 for each (after GGC), I paid $9.99 for one, and $4.99 for the other. :shock: She gave me the $5 off one, "because it's only supposed to be on one item." fucking awesome. Hooray for Roufuss.

[quote name='evophile']holy crap...i gotta go get a price adjustment on this thing...i bought it only a few hours ago too.

thanks for the heads up roufuss[/QUOTE]

Any time.

This is why I've got to be thinking it's some kind of mistake, I have NEVER known Best Buy to drop a price in the middle of the day / night like this.

It just dosen't happen.

Just to be safe, if you want this for $9.99, I suggest going now.

[quote name='Roufuss']This is why I've got to be thinking it's some kind of mistake, I have NEVER known Best Buy to drop a price in the middle of the day / night like this.

It just dosen't happen.

Just to be safe, if you want this for $9.99, I suggest going now.[/quote]

Yeah, sucks that BB is 20 miles away though. I'll wait till tomorrow and see if it's still $9.99. If not, I'll be happy with the price I paid since it's still $12 off.

I just bought one like an hour ago at Best Buy for $18. Then I came back and saw that it was $10. Oh well, I still think $18 was a good deal - there's no way I'm going to spend more than an hour just to get an $8 price adjustment.

quick tip guys,
Uf you were lucky enough to get a coupon book at the BB launch there is a coupon in the back for a free zelda guide with purchase of excite truck and zelda
I just did it and it works!
GL out there

I was out there an hour ago and the tag said $17.99, so this is something...odd. At anyrate, I'm not running back out tonight. They had 5 of them so I'm assuming they'll have them tommorow as well. I guess I could order it for insotre pickup...but I don't know how.

Crap, I really want this, but I don't have a BB near me.

If buy.com still has the 20 off 50 when it comes back in stock, I'll get it from there with some books I want and it will be about the same cost after the discount.

I called my best buy and actually got an incredible person on the phone. She is holding one of the guides for me to pick up tomorow supposedly. If this pan's out I will be writing an e-mail to corporate with her name telling them how impressed I am.

Ok guys, quick update:

1) The Wii "Premiere Edition" Zelda Guide by Prima is 9.99 as well. So I'm guessing this is a price mistake on BB's part. I tried to go get a second one for my friend, but he just settled on the non-LE Wii version.

2) The Gamecube one is 19.99. I was hoping it was 9.99, and I was going to pick it up, but it scanned as 19.99. I asked the cashier if everything was ok, and it was. So this one is not on sale.

In short:
Both LE and non-LE Wii guides are 9.99, the GC version is still 19.99 (or 14.99 with GGC).

Thats kinda funny, I went back for a price adjustment, went to the location that was out of stock yesterday, now they have about 7 of them, check online just now and the location that I got mine from is now out, they had roughly 10 so I guess these are moving.

I'm going on thursday if they have that viva pinata deal, I will probably get this while I'm there if they have any. As much as i love this, damn you cag i don't wanna spend money but you keep making me.

crapcrapcrap
Think this'll survive long enough to be pennied out? I have no idea if I'll be able to make it to a Best Buy in time, and I probably won't pay $20 for it..

My friend is grabbing me one tonight. I will then take that one back along wth my receipt and get my 17.99 back. Thansk Again Rofuss and Strell!

Damn! I just went to the Barnes & Noble one store down from BB! I just got home, and I'm not about to drive another 20 minutes back up there...

Anyways, BB's website says it's available at the store nearest to me, but there is nowhere to click to order it. Am I missing something? I want to do in-store pickup, and just order it tomorrow...

Wow, I had no idea the $9.99 price was legit, was coming in here to post about my own experience; I went to my local Best Buy after work and waited around 25 minutes while a clerk rummaged about in the storeroom trying to find the 4 that I showed him his system said they had in stock. He finally did find them, and I took one, tagged at $19.99, up to the register where, after I waited in line another 15 minutes, the cashier couldn't get it to scan. She finally input something manually and gave me the $9.99+tax balance due, and at that point I figured that if she'd screwed something up in my favor, I'd earned a little break, so I just paid and left.

I didn't realize the price had dropped in the system! It must have happened right after we looked it up in their inventory tracker, because at that point the system still showed it at $19.99.

Weird but cool! :bouncy:

P.S. -- My receipt does show an abbreviated 'Zelda Twilight collector's edition,' so whatever she put in the register identified the right product. They just did something screwy with the price.

[quote name='mattcube64']

Anyways, BB's website says it's available at the store nearest to me, but there is nowhere to click to order it. Am I missing something? I want to do in-store pickup, and just order it tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

If it's out of stock on the website you can't do in-store pickup.

Stupid, I know.

Don't know if this is indeed a pm because @ my BB, one of their instore stock computers shows: Promo: 9.99. Could it simply be a promo? Anyway, picked up 2!

/drool

Man I've already beaten the game/got every heart piece (much simpler to do than in OoT btw...) but I had to pick one of these up at this price, this thing is classy! If you just bought it to put on your bookshelf it would be worth it...

The leather is super thick and the front has a gold embossed emblem and the ends of the pages are sprayed gold. Really it's the best guide I've ever seen.

Thanks op!

[quote name='Strell']Ok guys, quick update:

1) The Wii "Premiere Edition" Zelda Guide by Prima is 9.99 as well. So I'm guessing this is a price mistake on BB's part. I tried to go get a second one for my friend, but he just settled on the non-LE Wii version.

2) The Gamecube one is 19.99. I was hoping it was 9.99, and I was going to pick it up, but it scanned as 19.99. I asked the cashier if everything was ok, and it was. So this one is not on sale.

In short:
Both LE and non-LE Wii guides are 9.99, the GC version is still 19.99 (or 14.99 with GGC).[/quote]What is this "Premier Edition" guide? The normal Prima Wii guide? I would be vaguely interested, but I don't use guides much as it is, so I guess the hardcover Prima and regular NP guides should be enough for me. :D

Nice! I got one too. Checked yesterday, but they weren't in stock. I was vaguely dissapointed, checked store availability today, it was in stock! woo. :D

Pleasantly surprised to see it ring up for $9.99 this evening. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, much less read the guide, but it looks like a very attractive book.

[quote name='Bazz']I hope i'll be able pick one of these up.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about your Best Buy, but I picked up mine by asking them to check the back rooms. The aisle they kept the game guides was in a state of disarray and the guides look beat up.

[quote name='reibeatall']I JUST paid $17.99 for mine. Like, seriously 4 hours ago.

How long has it been $9.99 and could it update in the middle of the day?[/quote]It did exactly that like... 4 hours ago.

I work in the same shopping center as Best Buy, so it's not that big of a deal, and I have to go back to return something else ANYWAY, so I really could use the extra moneys.

Haha, I was about to accept the price 19.99 at my local best buy. I handed the GGC to the dude and he turned around and said, this is only 9.99. I was like, "OH! Okay, good!" hahahaha

Picked up 2 copies for myself and my cousin. Was about to make a post to this thread about the pricing.

[quote name='trunks982']can i just bring the receipt to price adjust? or do i have to bring receipt and guide?[/quote]

I just called and the (not so) nice lady on the phone said all I needed was the receipt.

It's $9.99 now? Shit, just three days ago it was $19.99! >_<

[quote name='reibeatall']I just called and the (not so) nice lady on the phone said all I needed was the receipt.[/QUOTE]

So how long do I have to get the price adjustment and the extra money back? It's such a pain, tonight I went by a BB and could have easily done this if I had known. DAMMIT. :(

I wasn't mad about the two dollar difference, but $10? That I would like to get back if at all possible.

bread's done
Back